Chapter VIII | Down the Rabbit-Hole

You Are My Spring | Minayeon AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Main characters featured in this chapter:

         

 

 

 ♡━━━ April | Jeongyeon's PoV ━━━♡      

"There are sooo many options, I wonder what I should order?" Momo whined, stretching her arms on the table while holding the menu.

"You can order more than one thing if you want, Momo," said Nayeon, who was standing with a notepad on her hand.

"Just don't give Nayeon's parents any loss," I said, slightly smacking Momo on the head. "Didn't you have lunch earlier...?"

Nayeon giggled and shook her head. "It's fine, it's my treat," she said.

Momo smiled and kept glancing at the menu, occasionally flipping the page.

Nayeon invited us to have lunch at her bakery, and by us, I mean the whole squad. It's already been a month since they started working on their play, so she wanted to treat us for the hard work (even though some of us aren't participating, but I'm not complaining). I am starting to wonder if she's regretting this since Momo is included, considering she might as well eat their entire stock. 

 

(A/N: This is what everyone is wearing. Ignore Dahyun and Sana's hair colors though, as they are different in the pictures.)

"I think for me a tiramisu will do," I said, smiling at Nayeon, and she wrote it down on her block.

"Chocolate pie for me, Nayeon-unnie," Jihyo said, giving the menu she was holding to Sana, who was sitting beside her.

"Strawberry shortcake for the strawberry princess," Chaeyoung said, pointing at herself and winking.

Nayeon laughed and wrote down Jihyo and Chaeyoung's orders. After everyone picked something to eat, and Momo picked several things to eat, only Mina was left undecided.

"Are you having a hard time deciding, Minari?" Nayeon gently questioned, smiling expectantly.

"Eh?" Mina quietly said, surprised when her name was mentioned. "O-Oh... it's just there's a lot of things that seem good... do you recommend anything, Nayeon-unnie...?"

"Hmm..." Nayeon pondered, pursing her lips and placing her finger on her chin. "Well, it depends on your taste, but our red velvet cake is one of my favorites here."

Mina smiled in reply, nodding. "I'll have that then."

"Good choice," Nayeon said, winking and removing the pen lid with , writing down Mina's order.

A small blush crept up on Mina's cheeks as Nayeon left to have our orders prepared. She and the first years were keen on observing the place, as it was their first time here. They seemed delighted at the scent of freshly-baked pastries and sweets that filled the air.

The bakery wasn't big, but it was very cute-looking and had a warm, cozy atmosphere. The interior was well-illuminated and the decor was mostly mint green and cream-colored. We were sitting at a square table which allowed four of us to sit on each side.

"This place is really nice," Dahyun commented, nodding and looking around.

"Yeah, we should come here more often," Chaeyoung agreed. "But paying for what we order the next time since I don't wanna take advantage of Nayeon-unnie."

"You're such a good girl, Chaeyoungie~ Momo-unnie will treat the two of you next time," Momo said, doting on the younger girls, who laughed in response.

Momo really got along well with Dahyun and Chaeyoung, probably because she has the level of maturity of a first year. Who am I kidding? They are probably more mature than Momo. But I guess that's one of Momo's charms and we love her that way. I'm never admitting that to her, though. 

"What about me, Momo-unnie?" Sana said, batting her eyelashes cutely. "I'm also your dongsaeng, aren't you going to treat me as well?"

Momo made a face of disgust upon Sana talking to her that way and shook her head. "No, you're not cute like them," she remarked, causing some of us to laugh and Sana to exaggeratedly gasp in shock.

"Ya, I'm really hurt," Sana replied, pouting and resting her head on Jihyo's shoulder, who giggled and patted her a few times.

 

♡━━━ Mina's PoV ━━━♡  

Sana and Momo continued playfully exchanging insults with each other a bit more until Nayeon returned, this time with a boy by her side. I curiously glanced at him, and I realized it was the same person who was with her on Christmas day.

"Most of you already know him, but for those who don't, this is my little brother," Nayeon said, gesturing at the boy, who was already quite taller than her. 

"It's nice to meet all you," he said, shortly bowing to us. "My name is Jungkook."

It's no wonder they are siblings, I could instantly notice a lot of similarities between them. He had the same rabbit-like features and dark hair that Nayeon had. They seemed to get along well, and I felt endeared in seeing Nayeon interacting with her family, so I smiled at them.

"It's nice to meet you," Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu replied, almost synchronized. 

Jungkook nodded and excused himself, as he had other tables to attend. "He also works part-time here," Nayeon explained. 

"He looks a lot like you, unnie," Chaeyoung said. "Jungkook is actually in our class but we hadn't been introduced before."

"Only I'm cuter, right?" Nayeon joked, and we giggled in reply. "I need to go back to the counter now, but we'll be here with your orders soon," she added, having to leave once again.

My eyes unconsciously followed her. She said something to Jungkook before going to the counter. It was so interesting watching her work. The way she cheerfully greeted customers with her contagious energy. How cute the mint green apron she was wearing looked on her. It wasn't long enough until I realized Chaeyoung was staring at me.

"You seem distracted, Mina-unnie," she curiously said, tilting her head at me. "What's on your mind?"

"N-Nothing," I quickly replied, feeling a lot more embarrassed than before.

"Mina-chan is just daydreaming, right?" Sana gleefully commented, making matters worse for me, but I just nodded. 

"Your orders are here, ladies," Jungkook said, and I looked up at him right in time to catch him smiling brightly at us. It was a familiar bunny smile that I was starting to get used to — Nayeon's smile. 

He placed my order in front of me and I thanked him. Jungkook smiled and continued to serve the other people. Nayeon arrived afterward with the rest of the orders and started serving the other people. On the minute she arrived, my cheeks started heating up again, feeling embarrassed for the thoughts I was having before about Nayeon looking cute in an apron.

"Are you okay, Mina-unnie?" Dahyun asked, from the other side of the table. "Your face is a bit red."

Nayeon looked at me when Dahyun spoke, looking worried and waiting for my answer. All of this attention was making me nervous, so I cleared my throat, saying, "Erm, I-I'm fine, Dahyun."

"You're blushing, Mina-unnie..." Chaeyoung noted, frowning a bit before her face lighted up. "Oh my god, do you have a crush on Jungkook?"

I almost choked with the cake I had in my mouth, so I took a sip of water, imagining I was blushing furiously. Where did she even get that idea from "W-What? I don't even know him!" I protested, feeling confused.

 ♡━━━ Nayeon's PoV ━━━♡

Dahyun and Chaeyoung were giggling and exchanging looks with each other. Tzuyu looked at Mina with a confused expression on her face and the others remained silent. I wasn't sure how to feel, but the perspective of Mina having a crush on my sibling made my heart sink and a lot of negative feelings started bursting.

I glanced at Jeongyeon and Momo, who were already looking at me worriedly as Dahyun and Chaeyoung continued teasing her. Mina was increasingly getting redder and the stinging feeling in my chest didn't go away. In fact, it kept getting bigger.

"That's enough," Jihyo said, sounding slightly stern and gently rubbing Mina's shoulder. "Mina's clearly uncomfortable, so quit it."

"Sorry, sorry, we got carried away," Chaeyong said, smiling apologetically at Mina.

"We're sorry, Mina-unnie," Dahyun said, clasping her hands together as if asking for forgiveness.

Mina nodded, still looking uncomfortable. I felt bad for her. I know she is an introverted person so these types of situations are a nightmare for her, even if Dahyun and Chaeyoung were just joking. She shyly glanced at me, so I forced myself to let out a burst of small laughter.

All eyes were on me now, making me very self-conscious. Sana and Jihyo also seemed concerned and was beginning to feel suffocated. I needed to spend some time by myself to process what just happened.

"I, uh... should go back to work for a bit," I said. It was a lie, I was planning on staying with my friends a bit and even asked Jennie to stay on the counter for me.  Forcing a smile, I left for the counter.

"Is everything alright?" Jennie worriedly asked when I arrived at the counter, putting her hand on my forehead. "You lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter