Chapter X | Getting Ready

You Are My Spring | Minayeon AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Main characters featured in this chapter:

     

 

♡━━━ May | Sana's PoV ━━━♡

 

I could feel the drops of sweat streaming down my neck as I heaved a sigh. It was a Friday afternoon, and as usual, I had a bow and arrow in my hands to practice archery. My arms didn’t hurt as much as before and even my aim was improving.

However, an important part of my day was missing, as Chou Tzuyu was practicing for the school play, and consequently was absent from today’s practice. I hated to admit it, but I felt so jealous that other people were spending time with her now instead of me.

I sighed again as I sat down on the bleachers, wiping the sweat off with a towel and drinking a bit of cold water.

“Hey, Sana-chan,” Mina said, snapping me away from my thoughts. She was frowning. “Are you okay…?”

Apparently, my negative emotions have been manifesting themselves on my face and body language, so Mina noticed it. I laughed weakly, knowing that it was no use in trying to hide it.

“You miss Tzuyu, don’t you?” Mina inquired, smiling knowingly at me.

“I know it’s selfish of me, but… yeah, I do miss her,” I responded, a guilty smile on my face.

Mina approached me and sat down by my side. “It’s okay… everyone has their selfish moments.” She looked at my eyes and carefully added, “Especially when it involves someone you really like.”

I slightly blushed when she said that, smiling thankfully at Mina, feeling grateful that she understood my feelings. “And at least Tzuyu will still be here with us twice a week,” Mina said, returning my smile.

“I know, I know… thank you, Mina-chan,” I hummed, patting her head as I chuckled.

Walking hastily to our encounter, our club president, Bae Joohyun, had just arrived at the archery gym. She still wore her school uniform.

“I’m sorry I’m late, everyone,” She announced to us, slightly panting. “I was sending in the final documentation to allow Tzuyu-ssi to rehearse for the play.”

“That’s okay, we’re all supporting Tzuyu here,” said our senior, Jinyoung, raising his fist. “Fighting!”

“I’m sure Tzuyu will do amazing,” said Bambam, a first-year student. “I think she will bring even more attention to our club with this school play.”

Joohyun smiled at us, nodding and saying, “I appreciate all the support, and I’m sure Tzuyu appreciates it too. Let’s all make time to go watch her play when the day comes.”

I bit my lip as I thought about what Bambam said. He was right, Tzuyu was already incredibly popular, and this school play will surely boost her popularity even more. What if someone else manages to win Tzuyu’s affection? But at the same time, I felt happy for her and wanted to support her the most I can.

We went back to our positions and I picked up my bow and attached an arrow to it. Taking a deep breath, I raised the bow and tried aiming at the center of the target. I closed my eyes, and released the arrow, causing it to make my hair flip to the other side.

As I slowly opened my eyes, I realized that, for the first time, I hit the bullseye. Mina was smiling widely at me and clapping, and I widened my eyes. “Oh my God! Did I actually do that?!” I exclaimed, laughing in disbelief.

“You did, you really did!” Mina cheered, approaching me and I side-hugged her, still not believing that. “That was amazing, Sana-chan.”

“I can’t believe I did it!” I continued happily exclaiming, jumping a bit in excitement.

“Your hard work is paying off,” Mina said, looking at me with a proud smile on her face.

“Thank you, Mina-chan.”

She giggled and looked away, saying. “Actually, there’s something I want to tell you.” She sounded more nervous than before, so I glanced at her and studied her expression. “Of course, I’m here, Mina-chan!”

“Well, it’s nothing big,” Mina said, timidly scratching her cheek. “But… Nayeon-unnie asked me to go out with her this Saturday.”

My mouth widened in surprise and I flashed a huge grin. “What?! Mina, this is huge!” I excitedly exclaimed, almost not believing she considers this ‘nothing big’. “Nayeon-unnie asked you out on a date?!”

“W-What?!” Mina exclaimed, her face darkening to the point it was as red as the ketchup she loves. “N-No, not a d…. date, Sana-chan!”

“Eh, are you sure?” I questioned, looking disappointed and confused.

“Y-Yeah! Pretty positive it’s not one,” she replied, still blushing rather hard. “We’re going out as friends.”

“Whatever,” I said, rolling my eyes at her and smirking. Even if it’s not an official date, I’m sure considering it to be one. “Mina-chan, you HAVE to let me help you get ready for this ‘not date’,” I exclaimed, adding air quotes at the last part.

Mina looked very frustrated and exasperatedly questioned, the blush never leaving her face, “W-Why? I’m pretty sure I can handle getting ready on my own.”

I pouted at her, giving her my best puppy dog eyes and pleadingly clasping my hands. “Pleaaase? I just want to help you out with this, Mina-chan,” I sweetly asked.Mina gave me a rare eye roll and sighed deeply. “Fine… I’ll let you help me,” she said, reluctantly giving in. “Come to my house on Saturday morning.”

♡━━━ May | Jihyo's PoV ━━━♡

 

“I don’t get this part, Momo-unnie,” said a frowning Tzuyu, pausing the video and pointing to the laptop screen.

“No problem! Just watch me,” Momo answered, smiling and getting up. She walked a bit away from where they sat and slowly tried demonstrating the part Tzuyu was having a hard time doing.

Sitting on a table near them was Dahyun, who was watching them. She looked quite impressed at Momo’s skills and kept smiling. The pale girl was working on some fliers for the play, and by her side were Seulgi, who was sketching the costumes, and Jimin, who would sew the costumes, so he was helping her out with the sketches.

I smiled to myself, feeling proud about how everyone was dedicating themselves for our school play. We have two more months to prepare, so we’re all working hard, to deliver the best results we can.

The sound of a door opening was heard, and Suzy entered, immediately walking towards Nayeon and I. “I talked to Jieun-ah and she agreed to help Momo and Tzuyu with some singing lessons,” she said, smiling brightly.

Lee Jieun was a third-year, and a member of the light music club. She’s been singing since a young age and is very gifted at it. Luckily, she is also Suzy’s best friend. I felt Nayeon stiffen a bit by my side when her name was mentioned. Apart from being all that, she was also Nayeon’s crush from last year, so her reaction is understandable.

“That’s grea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter