Chapter XXII | Spring

You Are My Spring | Minayeon AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Main characters featured in this chapter:

         

♡━━━ January | Mina’s PoV ━━━♡

 

Fear. It was the first thing I felt upon standing in front of the door of my former house. I took a deep breath before going inside, immediately being greeted by my older brother. He had a devilish grin on his face and broke the silence, saying:

“Hello, little sister. It’s been a while.”

“Well, I’ve been kicked out of my own house, so what did you expect?” I countered, already starting to lose my patience.

He raised an eyebrow, but the annoying smile didn’t leave his face. “You’ve gotten a lot more outspoken since I last saw you.”

“I’m just tired of putting up with this family.” I calmly replied, and he frowned at me.

He opened his mouth, about to say something, but another voice resonated. It was my father’s stern voice, calling my name. He appeared fuming as veins were popping on his forehead.

“Where are your manners, girl?!” He questioned, his voice as sharp as a knife. “I knew it… this good-for-nothing girl changed you… she corrupted you.”

Hearing my father saying those things about Nayeon triggered anger in me once again as I glared at him. “Don’t you dare to say anything about her… you know nothing about her,” I said, challengingly staring into his eyes.

“Now, now, we’re not here to fight,” my mother said, coming to our meeting with a worried expression on her face, probably upset at how things were already going. “Please calm down, you two… don’t forget we are a family. We should care for each other!”

“It’s a bit late for that now, mother… he never cared for me,” I countered, hating myself for tearing up at a moment like this. I didn’t want to show any weakness.

“After everything I’ve done for you… I put you under a roof and sustained you with only the best… you dare to say that I don’t care for you?” My father said, and the fury in his usually empty eyes caused me to gulp.

“She’s just an ungrateful little , father,” my brother said in disdain. “A who has the audacity of trying to taint our family name. Dating another girl. Seriously? We should disown her.”

“Rei! How can you talk about your sister like this?” My mother vehemently reprehended him, and his harsh words were enough to make me burst out crying more as my whole body started shaking. She hushed to my side and hugged me, and I was taken aback with her gesture.

“Give me one reason why I shouldn’t disown you.” My father said as if he agreed with Rei.

My mother stared at them in disbelief, her eyes horrifyingly widened. “She is your daughter, Kento! That should be enough reason!” she said, sounding exasperated as I began sobbing on her chest, not having the strength to say anything anymore.

“You are too soft, Ayumi… but you have a point, she is my daughter. She is still my responsibility, even if she’s proven to be a degenerate,” He said, with an air of dignity that I knew didn’t exist. “I am a man of honor, so I will give you an allowance and will permit you to live on the apartment your mother is renting for you. But never dare to show up here anymore. Do you have any idea of the situation you put us with the Chou?”

Even my mother was softly weeping at this point, as her family was falling apart. 

“I don’t want anything from you.” I bitterly said, rubbing away my tears. “Keep your precious money to yourself.”

He gave me a last cold look before leaving. “Suit yourself, I already did my part,” he said. My brother mimicked his actions and also left the room, but not before staring at me as he was disgusted.

“I’m sorry, mother… in the end, I couldn’t even have a civil discussion with him,” I weakly muttered. “And… I hope you don’t consider me a disappointment too.”

She hugged her tighter, soothingly rubbing my back and whispering, “Of course not, dear… I know I haven’t been a good mother… but I love you more than anything in this world. You may not believe it, but I would do anything for you.”

My eyes widened at her words, and it was like a wound that has been opened for years finally began healing, even if slowly. “I love you too,” I softly replied, my voice trembling.

“I promise from now on I will be there for you. I won’t ever abandon you, my sweet Mina,” She said, gently caressing my cheeks and wiping my tears. “I hope you can forgive me.”

For the first time, I smiled. At least one good thing came with all of this mess. It seemed like our bond could be restored. It would take work, but it would worth it. I would finally have a mother.

“I… I do forgive you,” I said, as now it was my turn to wipe her tears, and she showed me a smile so tender that warmth started spreading from my chest to the rest of my body.

 “A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter