Chapter XVI | Realization

You Are My Spring | Minayeon AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Main characters featured in this chapter:

  

♡━━━ October | Mina’s PoV ━━━♡

 

As Autumn arrived, the red leaves that were scattered on the floor provided a scenery as refreshing as the chilly temperature. Students were busier than usual, especially the third years, who had to prepare for university entrance exams.

Consequently, I spent a lot less time than usual with Nayeon, and even though it’s a bit silly to admit, I missed her. The thought that she was graduating soon, and I wouldn’t see her as often made my heart ache.

The third years had also been excused from their club activities, and even though archery practice would be starting in a few minutes, I was selfishly searching for Nayeon around the campus.

I found her on the school cafeteria, using a laptop on top of a table while she was finishing eating a sandwich. Her eyebrows her furrowed, as she seemed to be in deep concentration, and for some reason the sight made me smile.

“Hi,” I greeted, smiling at her, while she was chewing a bit of her food.

Upon seeing me, her face instantly lighted up and she chuckled. “Minari!” She happily exclaimed.

“I hope I’m not bothering you,” I sheepishly said, fixing a messy strand of my hair.

“You’re never a bother to me,” she simply replied, grinning and patting on the chair next to her.

I sat down and the fluttering on my chest reappeared as usual when I looked into her eyes. She still had a sweet smile on her face and asked, “What are you doing here?”

“O-Oh, um… I was going to, uh, buy water,” I stuttered, feeling too embarrassed to admit to Nayeon that I was looking for her.

She raised an eyebrow and smirked. “Oh really? Can’t you just use the drinking fountain though?”

I blushed and giggled as it was obvious I had been caught in a lie.

“You weren’t by any chance looking for a certain someone, were you?” She cheekily asked, placing a hand on her chin and winking.

The fact that she was so easily able to guess that darkened my cheeks even more and I timidly shrugged, answering, “Maybe… that depends on who you’re referring to.”

“Well, did you find them?” She furthered question, and I nodded in reply, smiling bashfully.

She chuckled, her cheeks seemingly flushing a bit with my answer, and I continued, “I guess you’re studying though… are you sure it’s okay for me to be here?”

“Of course,” she reassuringly said, closing her laptop. “I need a break anyway, I’ve been studying the whole day… and I missed you,” she added, sounding so warm that I was afraid of melting in front of her.

“I… missed you too,” I said, feeling glad that I wasn’t the o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter