Chapter VII | School Play

You Are My Spring | Minayeon AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Main characters featured in this chapter:

       

 

 

♡━━━ March | Jihyo's PoV ━━━♡    

Nayeon, Seulgi, Dahyun and I were recruiting people to participate in our play and the first stop was the dancing club since they were the people who were most fit for these roles, as other people would have to learn how to dance and it would be too time-consuming for the time we had.

For the singing parts, we could use playback. I know it's not the best route, but it's definitely more manageable than teaching people how to dance since we don't know how the outcome could be.

"The drama club is currently organizing a play based on La La Land," I started explaining while I brightly smiled at the dancing club members. "Right now, we're looking for people who are interested in participating as the main roles."  

"So, our first thought was you guys..." Nayeon continued explaining, nodding and also smiling at them. "You are notorious for being amazing dancers."

"We will also help you guys out with acting and singing lessons so you'll be prepared for the play," I said. "Is anyone interested in participating...?"

I saw the dancers exchange gazes between each other, and for a while everything was silent. I was starting to get worried none of them would want to participate and we would have to find someone else who knows how to dance and isn't a part of this club.

"I wanna do it," Momo said, smiling widely at us and raising her head.

Dahyuh smiled happily when Momo volunteered. She does always seem to be amused by everything Momo does, so she would probably love having her around. Nayeon was staring hard at Momo, probably wondering if she was being serious or not, clearly a lot more skeptical than Dahyun.

"Alright, if someone else here is also interested, we'll hold an audition between you two," I said, smiling at her. "If nobody else wants to try, the part is yours, Momo-unnie."

"There's also a male lead role we need to fill... and it would be a lot easier for us if one of you could participate, so we wouldn't have to teach anyone to dance," Seulgi said, trying to convince a boy to participate.

"I would love to participate, but I think I'm too busy to make time for it," said Hoseok, a friendly and cheerful boy from my class. He seemed genuinely sorry.

Hoseok glanced at Yugyeom, who shrugged in response and smiled apologetically

"I... I think I'm too shy to participate in a play," said Tzuyu's older brother, Mark, rubbing the back of his neck.

I exchanged glances with the rest of the drama club members. It seemed like nobody apart from Momo was interested in participating and we'd have to try somewhere else.

"Well, we still appreciate your time in having us," Nayeon politely said. "We'll inform you the details later, Momo," she then glanced at us and gestured for us to leave.

"I heard from Chaeng that Tzuyu has been learning modern dance since she was a child..." Dahyun hesitantly said and I glanced at her.

"I don't think she will want to participate though," I said, tilting my head. "If even her big brother is too shy to participate, I can imagine it'll be even worse for her."

"Oh... you're probably right," Dahyun said, sounding defeated.

"It's probably still worth a try though," Nayeon said, smiling and trying to cheer us up. "Let's go to the archery club to ask her!"

"You're just using this as an excuse to see Mina, aren't you, unnie?" I said, laughing.

"What? Of course not!" Nayeon replied, playfully slapping my arm. 

"Nayeon-unnie does like Mina-unnie a lot," Dahyun said, seeming to agree with me.

"I-I like her a normal amount, okay," Nayeon said while rolling her eyes.

"Is Mina-ssi that Japanese girl Nayeon is talking about all the time?" Seulgi asked, seeming interested, and Nayeon blushed even more at what she said.

"I DO NOT TALK ABOUT HER ALL THE TI--" Nayeon protested, visibly embarrassed.

"Yep, it's her," I deadpanned, interrupting the other girl.

Dahyun giggled, Seulgi smirked and I grabbed Nayeon by the wrist before she started complaining again so we started walking towards the archery gym. Nayeon was sulking the entire way.

♡━━━ Mina's PoV ━━━♡      

I could feel sweatdrops slowly fall down my neck as I shoot another arrow towards the target. I missed the target by quite a bit. For some reason, I just couldn't concentrate today, so I frustratedly sighed and took a sip of my water bottle.

By my side, Chou Tzuyu had just hit yet another bullseye. Her abilities were awe-inspiring, and I wouldn't be surprised if she was just as good as Joohyun already. I smiled at her, and she timidly returned it

I took a deep breath and decided to try again. I raised the bow and pulled the string towards my face. I was about to release the arrow when I heard a voice that distracted me and caused me to lower my bow again.

"Oh, hey!" exclaimed Sana, who was at my other side, waving. "It's Nayeon-unnie with some other drama club members!"

"Nayeon-unnie...?"I thought, turning around and immediately finding myself looking at Im Nayeon, who had her gaze fixed on me. 

She looked a bit stunned and I sheepishly smiled at them, met again with that strange feeling on my chest. This seemed to be common when she was around, and it made me feel anxious.

"I think I feel this nervous because of the way we met... and how much I admired her before even actually knowing her..." I thought, trying to think of a reason to explain how I felt.

Dahyun gently nudged Nayeon with her elbow and she widened her eyes, as if a bit surprised, walking to meet us with the others. She opened a bright, and quite adorable if I may add, bunny smile.

"You look really stunning while shooting an arrow, Minari," Nayeon said, nodding with a satisfied smile on her face.

"What about us, Nayeon-unnie~?" Sana said, tilting her head cutely while linking her arms with Tzuyu's, who was curiously staring at us before, apparently a bit confused.

Nayeon nearly glared at Sana and Dahyun laughed at their exchange. Jihyo seemed unimpressed and the other drama club girl looked curious about the dynamics between our group of friends.

"Tzuyu-ya also looked very cool," Nayeon replied, lifting her eyebrows. "I haven't seen you even holding a bow or an arrow since we arrived though."

"I was taking a small break to drink water!" Sana replied, pouting, and Tzuyu softly chuckled, seeming a bit embarrassed since they still had their arms linked..

"I'm sure you look really cool as well, Sana-unnie!" Dahyun cheerfully said, with her signature bright smile.

"Aww, thank you, Dahyun-ah ~ you're such a sweetheart," Sana said, releasing Tzuyu's arms and embracing Dahyun with both her arms, placing a hand on her chin and gently patting. I could swear I saw Tzuyu flinch and look disappointed.  

"What are you guys doing here...?" Tzuyu asked, trying to avoid looking at Sana and Dahyun.

"Actually, there's something I wanted to ask you..." Jihyo said, smiling brightly at Tzuyu and moving closer to her.

Tzuyu stiffened and stared at her, looking skeptical. "Yes...?" she said, raising her eyebrows. Sana seemed curious about what the drama club wanted with Tzuyu.

"You see... there's this play we're doing..." Jihyo started, managing to make Tzuyu's eyebrows raise even more. "And we need someone to do the male lead because none of the boys at the dancing club wanted to do it."

"So...? How does this concern me?" Tzuyu frowned.

I saw Nayeon biting her lip, probably worried about the direction things were taking, since it seemed like they wanted to recruit Tzuyu for their project. Sana looked very confused and was frowning.

"Well... we wanted to see if you are willing to help --"

"No," Tzuyu said, simply, making the drama club members flinch and Jihyo's smile to falter a bit.

"Please, Tzuyu-ya...? Won't you do it for your unnie...?" Jihyo pleaded, summoning her best aegyo to try convincing Tzuyu, her smile never leaving her face.

"N-No... why does it have to be me?" Tzuyu asked, still frowning, although her expression softened a bit. "Can't you find someone else? W-Why do you even want me to play a male part?"

"Because none of the dancing club boys have enough guts to do it," Nayeon said, rolling her eyes in an apparently disapproving manner.

"We need someone who knows how to dance... and from what I've heard, you're the only one who we know who isn't a part of the dancing club and knows how to dance..." Jihyo ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter