Chapter IX | Archery

You Are My Spring | Minayeon AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Main characters featured in this chapter:

    

♡━━━ May | Nayeon's PoV ━━━♡

 

It was an ordinary day at the beginning of May, and the clocks signaled that afterschool activities would begin in 15 minutes. Today was different, however, because I wouldn’t be participating.

“Why aren’t you having club activities today again?” Sana, who was standing beside me, inquired.

“Today the drama club is going out to buy materials we’re gonna need for the upcoming play,” I began explaining, heaving a sigh. “They insisted that I didn’t have to go because apparently, I do a lot for the club and deserved a break.”

“Well, you are the president, so it was a nice thing for them to do,” Tzuyu said, shrugging.

The three of us were standing in the hallway right now, and I was keeping them company until they went to the archery club. Frankly, if anything, I will probably be bored today until the rest of the day, because I love being on the move. But I couldn’t say no when everyone seemed so eager to please me.

“I guess you’re right, it was a nice thing for them to --” I was interrupted by Sana, who suddenly started continuously poking my arm.

“Look who’s coming!” she whispered excitedly and prompted me to look at the direction she was pointing. Myoui Mina had just entered the hallway and was elegantly paving her way, so effortlessly that she resembled a model.

“Do something!” she said, shaking my arm.

“What?! What the heck am I supposed to do?” I argued, feeling confused about why I had to do anything at all.

“You like her, don’t you? So you should be trying to do something, you know!” Sana replied, shaking her head as if that was obvious. “Here, let me help you… let’s see if Mina will get jealous,” she hurriedly said, clinging onto my arm

I was trying to process what she said when suddenly I felt her lips on my cheek. I gasped, completely shocked at her. Tzuyu stiffened was frowning in confusion, almost as much as I was. “What do you think you’re doing?!” I exasperatedly uttered, blinking twice at her, in disbelief.

“Helping you!”

“How the hell is this supposed to help me?!”

Sana was about to reply when we both noticed that Mina had just arrived at our encounter, sporting a confused expression. She awkwardly smiled at us and murmured a meek “Hi.”

“Hey!” Sana and I said in unison, and I tried smiling at her to mask my embarrassment.

“Hello, Mina-unnie,” Tzuyu said, her voice sounding slightly strained.

Mina showed us a small, shy smile and glanced at the floor, biting her lip. Something seemed weird about her, as if she was even more closed off than usual, so I quickly turned to face Sana and gave her a death glare.

“I’m leaving for the archery range now,” Tzuyu suddenly said. “Bye,” she said, looking only at Mina and I, completely ignoring Sana as she left.

“W-Wait,” Sana said, almost inaudibly, her voice laced with puzzlement. “Tzuyu-ya, wait for me!” she repeated, only this time loud enough so Tzuyu could listen to her.

“Okay… she’s definitely ignoring me,” Sana said, realizing Tzuyu didn’t stop in her motions. “I’m gonna go ahead as well to see what’s up with her. Have fun, you two~” she added, winking at us and going after the Taiwanese girl.

“She is absolutely insane,” I said, shaking my head and making a mental note to kill Sana later. “I have no idea what that was all about.”

Mina softly chuckled and the melodic, cute sound immediately made me smile and any murderous intentions I was feeling dissipated from my mind.

“Aren’t you going to drama club?” Mina inquired, tilting her head in confusion and I had to stop myself from smiling too much at how absolutely adorable she was.

“Not today… um, they all wanted me to have a break today.”

“Oh… that’s nice of them.”

“Yeah… to be honest, though, I have no idea what I’m doing for the rest of the afternoon,” I said, chuckling.

“Oh… well, I’m sure Joohyun-sunbae would be fine with you joining archery practice today,” Mina timidly said. “Only if you want to, though, of course.”

“Really? I’d love to join you guys for a day!” I answered excitedly at the thought of spending the entire afternoon with Mina. I mean, with the archery club people. Opening up a big gummy smile — my absolute favorite —, she nodded and said, “Great, shall we get going then?”

When we arrived at the archery range, we were greeted by a pouty Sana who was still being ignored by an unwavering Tzuyu. I guess she probably regrets doing that now. And by that, I mean kissing my cheek. Completely unnecessary. Sometimes I honestly don’t understand the ways Sana’s mind works.

Joohyun realized we had arrived and also came to greet us. “Good afternoon. Are you in need of something, Nayeon-ssi?”

“Ah, Joohyun-sunbae, I actually invited her over to spend the day with us because she doesn’t have club activities,” Mina explained, sounding a bit unsure. “Is that alright…?”

“Oh, that explains it,” Joohyun responded, kindly smiling at us. “Of course, you’re welcome to stay with us today.”

I glanced at Mina and we exchanged smiles. I would be lying if I said I was confident though. I’ve never done archery before and I’m afraid of making a fool of myself in front of her.

“Come, Nayeon-unnie,” Mina said, gesturing for me to follow her. “Let’s go pick up some equipment for you.

She took me to a place where they keep the gear and handed me some sort of protection guard. I simply stared at it, unsure of what to do and she giggled at me.

“This is a chest guard, it is used for protection,” Mina explained, taking it from my hand and then assisting me on putting it on. Our close proximity caused me to blush a little and I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter