Chapter I | Encounter

You Are My Spring | Minayeon AU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Main characters featured in this chapter:

  ​​​

 

♡━━━ December | Mina's PoV ━━━♡

On a particularly cold winter night, I find myself wandering the busy streets of Seoul alone. Another year has passed, and now the scenery is decorated with Christmas lights and ornaments. Many families and couples are gathered together, happily enjoying the holidays. 

My name is Myoui Mina. I was born into one of Japan's most influential and wealthy families, so as you can imagine, my parents are rather busy and rarely have any time for me. I have an older brother, Rei. We were close as children and used to play a lot together, but as we grew older he started to change and distanced himself from me.

My father has been transferred to Seoul so he can manage a new unit of our restaurant branch, which will be opening soon. Naturally, the rest of the family will have to move, so he proposed that we spend Christmas in Korea this year so we can familiarize ourselves with the city and our new house, which he already purchased. I was hopeful that this time we would actually be able to spend the holidays together, as a family, but I guess it was foolish of me to think that

Although my parents said we'd be together, they had to attend a party with business partners and my sibling acted as if I wasn't in the house, ignoring me as usual. Not wanting to spend Christmas on my own, I decided to head out for a walk. But even though now I'm surrounded by dozens of people, I still feel quite alone.

My thoughts were interrupted when a large Christmas tree caught my attention. It shined brightly as it illuminated the town square, inviting me to take a closer look, so I silently made my way towards it.

It seems like I wasn't the only one enraptured by its radiance. Just like me, other people were admiring the tree, although most of them were in other people's company. The sound of laughter and running footsteps was heard nearby and I could hear a girl's voice above everyone else's when out of a sudden someone bumped into me.

"I'm so--" she started saying as I turned around to face her, but for some reason, she stopped speaking when I looked at her. The girl had dark hair and seemed just slightly taller than me. I could also notice she had larger front teeth that endearingly made her look like a rabbit. She seemed perplexed and just stared at me for a few seconds. I was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable and my face reddened from the attention, so I awkwardly smiled at her.

As though she had suddenly snapped out o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter