Chapter 4

Humans and Robots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Since everyone is here, can you tell us what happened to you when you were missing?" Seohyun asked as she stood nearer to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon let out a deep sigh before asking Seohyun if she had told them about the details of the mission. Seohyun shook her head.

"That mission I went... It was actually to inspect the enemy's base." Everyone stared silently, confused but Yuri was the first one to snap out of it. "What? You send her alone to the enemy's base?!" Yuri yelled at Seohyun who remained calm and composed. 

"I expected you to do a better job than that..." Moonbyul growled in anger.

"Enough. Seohyun wanted to send me, Yuri, Joohyun, Yeri, Moonbyul, and Sunny. She wanted to send a whole team but I refused. I understand that you may think that it's safer to have a whole team to have each other's back but I didn't want to risk it. It was too dangerous hence I insisted for her to only send me." Taeyeon defended Seohyun who remained silent.

Sunny huffed in annoyance. "How can the two of you have this discussion without me?! I am the adviser in SRM, I have the right to decide on what should be done! What you did was just misusing your authority." 

"Yes, we did not have this discussion with you because I knew this would happen." Taeyeon sighed before rubbing her temples that begun to throb. "For your information, if Moonbyul or you, Sunny, went for the mission, the two of you could've been corrupted."

Seohyun had a brow raised. "What do you mean?"

Tiffany squeezed Taeyeon's hands reassuringly as Taeyeon gathered herself to speak. "When I arrived at the enemy's base, I saw some half human and robots being reprogrammed against their will but they didn't have a choice. Fighting back was futile because the reprogramming of the system only takes a few minutes and after the process is completed, they became aggressive and some even went out of control. I was about to escape but I was captured by one of the guards before I could even tell you about my findings."

Seohyun's eyes widen at the new information. "..That was when the connection cut off."

Taeyeon nodded her head before turning around and begin to her clothes. Loud gasps could be heard from around the room. Tiffany had tears streaming down her face as she ran her fingers across Taeyeon's back that we covered with scars, with some being fresh wounds. "After I was captured, they locked me up in a chamber and forced me to speak. Asking me about my motive of breaking into their base but I refused to say a word. Thankfully, none of them recognized who I was thanks to disguise I had."

Taeyeon turned back to the front and, reached out to gently wiped the tears off Tiffany's face. She then flashed a weak smile before buttoning up her clothes. "The guards who were patrolling the place would come and whip me daily. I didn't know when but after the abuse and the lack of food, I started losing it."

She took a glance around the room to see some of them wiping their tears. Taeyeon flashed a reassuring smile as she shared that she managed to escape the place thanks to a half human and robot named Yoona. "She was a spy sent by Seohyun a long time ago and she did not have her mind wiped out. One night, the guards were beating me up until I was on the verge of death. Yoona stepped in at that time and demanded the guards to let her have her 'fun' after a long day. Yoona must be someone who has power as the guards saluted at her command and stood aside."

Seohyun gripped her knuckles tightly at the mention of her loved one.

"She discreetly injected a substance, which was supposed to hide my pulse, into my body. Soon, all of them thought that I was dead as they couldn't feel my pulse and hence they decided to dispose of me. Yoona helped me escape and hence here I am now in front of all of you."

Sunny's expression softened as she retorted, but this time calmer. "But Taeyeon, if we went with you there's a possibility that it wouldn't turn out like this. You wouldn't have to endure the pain for a whole year."

Taeyeon fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter