Chapter 26

Humans and Robots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few weeks later

"Defendant Choi Siwon and Defendant Kwon Boa, do you have anything to add?" Judge Lee Taemin asks with his poker face plastered.

"No, by all means, please send me to jail." Siwon burst into laughter, shrugging his shoulders while Boa remains silent.

In a normal situation, the defendants would've been judged individually but due to the two individuals being deeply involved in the case, Judge Lee Taemin made the decision for their hearing to be held in the same session.

"Defendant Kwon Boa, do you have anything to add?" Boa looked up at Judge Lee Taemin before smirking at him.

Judge Lee Taemin was always a cool-headed person, but dealing with individuals like Choi Siwon and Kwon Boa, who shows no remorse on their actions, made his blood boil. His eyebrows twitch in annoyance but he takes a deep breath before turning his gaze over to the juries.

"Members of the Jury, I believe you have reached a verdict?" The Jury Spokeswoman stood from her seat, nodding her head.

"Yes, your Honor. With the evidence submitted to us by the Police Force and the statements given by the witnesses, The Chosen Ones, the Members of the Jury find the defendant, Choi Siwon, guilty of first-degree murder of Doctor Kim Heechul and Doctor Ahn Heeyeon, the involvement of abusing and kidnapping of Kim Jonghyun, abuse of power for personal gain by creating robots with the propaganda to become the most powerful man on earth, and disruption of peace and order.

"In defendant Kwon Boa's case, the Members of Jury find the defendant guilty of kidnapping, abusing and first-degree murder of Kim Jonghyun, the involvement of the murder of Doctor Kim Heechul and Doctor Ahn Heeyeon, abuse of power for personal gain, and disruption of peace and order."

Siwon stands from his seat before clapping his hands wildly, eyes bloodshot as he continues to laugh aloud. "Order, order in my courtroom." Judge Lee Taemin said with a stern voice as he bangs the gavel before there was silence again as Siwon was forced to sit by the police standing beside him.

"I will now pass the sentence of the verdict. After reviewing the evidence that was submitted to us by the Police Force and the statements taken from the witnesses, The Chosen Ones, I have come to a decision. I agree with the jury on the verdict of guilt and hereby sentence Defendant Choi Siwon and Defendant Kwon Boa to life imprisonment without parole." He said this statement with finality before slamming the gavel once more.

Siwon who heard Judge Lee couldn't help but chuckle before staring pointedly at him. 

"Wow! I'm not going to receive a death penalty even after killing two people?" He smirks as Judge Lee Taemin calmly replies.

"Letting you die would be too easy for you. By sending you to life imprisonment without parole, well... let's see how long you'll be able to stay sane." Judge Lee Taemin smiles despite his words that meant the total opposite.

Taeyeon who heard Judge Lee's words nodded her head in agreement. "Appa, omma, Jonghyun-oppa, you can rest in peace now. Justice is served..." Taeyeon whispers under her breath and Tiffany gently squeezes their intertwine hands after hearing her words.

Taeyeon smiles warmly at Tiffany before focusing her gaze on Choi Siwon who is glaring daggers at them, or more specifically her. The guard beside him roughly handled him before leading him away.

"Ah, what a relieve... I was getting a little worried that he will not be convicted for his crimes." Sunny states with a satisfied smile as the others nod their head in agreements.

"Hey, don't judge me just because I'm a judge!" Judge Lee Taemin makes his way over to them as they chuckle softly.

"Anyhow, Taeyeon-noona. I'm glad you did not kill him when you had the chance to." Taemin said and extends his hand out towards Taeyeon.

"If I did, I think I'd be the one behind those bars." Taeyeon nods her head before shaking his hand, thanking him for his hard work.

"So, what will become of the enemies base?" Seohyun asks, referring to the building Siwon used as his base.

"Before that, actually... We need the help of The Chosen Ones to help reprogram the infected half humans and half robots as well as those who are fully robots."

"Of course, we are planning to do so even if you did not ask us..." Yoona answers with a kind smile.

"But when we invaded the place, we saw no signs of half humans and half robots..." Sooyoung asks, staring at Taemin in confusion.

"Ah, you see, Superintendent Choi Minho and his team found them hidden underground after the rest of you were brought to the hospital to receive treatment." Taemin supplies before checking his watch.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter