Chap 2. Weekend

Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He had to leave the country for some sort of business but that meant a weekend with Jennie all to yourself, you felt bad, it’s not that he wasn’t a good guy, he was amazing, a kind gentleman, something that was rare these days. Yet it wasn’t what Jennie wanted… supposedly.

You still didn’t understand her.

He was a successful idol, someone who was in the same field as her, probably shared the same passion as her. He could give her everything she wanted easily and more whereas you were just a regular office worker, you had a comfy two-bedroom apartment while he could probably afford a mansion.

It confused you.

Was it just satisfaction? Were there any feelings involved?

Questions swam around your head as you stared at the TV, displaying some movie you never heard of, your legs covered in a blanket as you sat with your legs crossed on the couch. You heard the microwave ping followed with pattering feet, Jennie coming into view as she got comfortable next to you.

Wearing your hoodie and some shorts, her hair was tied up in a messy bun looking like the personification of the word cute. She covered her legs with the blanket and leaned her head on your shoulder, your arm automatically circling her and pulling her closer.

She reached for the remote and pressed play, the title of the movie coming into view as she threw a popcorn into . Your eyes strayed to her face instead. Her cute nose glimmered at the end with the light shining on it, her cheeks moved as she chewed, and her eyes sparkled as one of the actors came on screen.

You loved her and that was the problem.

The realization dawned on you but you noticed the small things before, the hammering in your chest or the happiness you felt whenever you were around her… but for it to be love? It was a new and unwelcomed feeling if you were being honest.

Movies, kind of like the one you were watching now, depicted love as the sweetest thing on the face of the earth, you find the love of your life, they love you back and you two go off somewhere together to live happily ever after.

This was not that.

This was betrayal, lies, lust. Everything the opposite to what it was supposed to be. There were no happy musical numbers where two lovers would dance and sing together expressing their love for each other, there was no cute first date or kiss under the mistletoe. This began because of one question which the answer to had still not been found, if anything it’s become even blurrier.

Her voice broke your self-destructing thoughts, her concerned eyes staring right back at yours. “Sor- sorry what did you say?” “I asked if you find the movie boring… we can change it if you want.” You stared at the way she played with the ends of your hoodie, her eyes staring at her moving hands as she tried to look at anything but you.

You felt your heart beat even more, her shy and cute side being a rarity only a few people had the pleasure of seeing and it made your heart swell even more that you were one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter