005

The Bear
Please log in to read the full chapter

1 month after the incident,  the sudden closeness of Irene and Seulgi is apparently visible.  Started with constant exchanging of short messages;  good mornings and good nights,  how's your day or have you eaten yet,  what are you doing,  so on and so forth. Most of the time Irene is the one who would initiate the conversation and sometimes a certain bear doesn't reply.  Well,  that irked her to the point that she confronted her.

 

~~~~~~

"Hey Seul, Sometimes it annoying how come you didn't reply to my messages. " Irene said bluntly.

"Why should I?  Seulgi asked.

"Well,  you don't really have to reply everytime I texted you cause I'm not your~" Irene was cut off.

"Why should I reply to your messages if I could always be there next to you" Seulgi said then smile.That renders Irene speechless.

"Let's go,  I'm gonna accompany you to your room" Seulgi added.

~~~~~~

Also,  a certain bear popping out of nowhere becomes a norm that Irene is not surprised anymore.

~~~~

Irene is on her way to the library with so many books in hand when suddenly someone grab the books from her grasp.

"Where are you heading to? " Seulgi asked without looking at her.

"Library" She answered timidly.

"I'll go with you" Seulgi stated.

They went to the library in silence.

~~~~

They were on their way home when Irene invited Seulgi to go to the park near them. It was not out of the way so the Bear nods. After a couple of minutes of walking they decided to sit in an empty bench.

Irene is busy looking at the sky while Seulgi is busy looking at her,  mesmerized by the look of the beaty beside her.  She was wondering how on earth can somebody do nothing but still look beautiful.

"You know,  I love the sky. " Irene stated still looking into the sky.

"I love how vast it is. It's giving me the feeling that there's more into life than what I see. I also love stars. Twinkling in the night sky as if it asking for your attention.  'Hey!  Look at me!  I'm here' I just love watching them;  it's comforting. " She added.

When she doesn't hear a reply,  she glances towards Seulgi.  She was gonna complain about the unresponsive bear but stopped when the Seulgi started to talk.

"Well,  I specifically love the sunset.  It's so warm and blinding at the same time but in a good way.  The transition of colors painted playfully in the sky from being bright as the day before gradually fading into the dark night. It's beautiful it overwhelms me." Seulgi said while staring Irene into her eyes. Irene is speechless. She didn't know why she felt something warm when Seulgi only stated how she love sunset.

"Your beautiful" Seulgi said before inching towards Irene. There faces are inching closer,  Irene's mind is not working anymore.  A little bit more and she would feel how soft Seulgi's lips are. She closes her eyes....

Then~~~

 

 

 

 

RRING!  RRRING !!~~~

her phone rings. 

They both stop~ Irene realized how close they are hastily detached herself from the bear.

"Uhmm.  I'm gonna take this call" Irene said a little bit embarrassed.

"Sssu--- Sure! " Seulgi stuttered but gives Irene a smile.

While Irene is talking to the phone,  Seulgi is having a battle to herself.

"Woah! That was close! " She breathed.

"We almost kissed! Omo!  my heart!  and here I thought that only Pringles can make my heart flutters. But that's before I met her" she said to herself while still stealing glances to the bunny. After a couple of minutes Irene returned her attention to the bear.

"Uhmm,  It's my sister.  She's at my place and waiting for me. I think she wanted to surprised me but turns out I was not at home." Irene explained.

"So,  Let's go?  I'll drive you home". Seulgi said.

"Okay." Irene replied.

 

The drive went well and not awkward like how Seulgi is thinking a while ago,  after their 'almost' kissing incident Seulgi can't stop looking at Irene's lips and thinking how soft and sweet would it be kissing the girl beside her. Irene kept on telling stories about her lovely but out of this world sister Jisoo.

When they arrived at the front of Irene's abode,  Seulgi gets out of the car first then open the car door for Irene. She also bows a little bit and guided the girl. That earns a chuckle from Irene and hit Seulgi softly. Irene is on her way to the door when Seulgi stops her.

"Well,  this looks familiar" Irene thinks.

"Well,  Uhmm,  Irene, I know we didn't know each other that long and I most of the time if not always,  I acted weirdly especially when we are together but it's only because my heart won't keep calm and it beats like a million horses are galloping inside

Please log in to read the full chapter