Chapter 20

Mr.Non {starring Kim Chaewon- Vernon- joshua}






 I sighed as I walked into the party hand in hand with Mingyu. I was welcomed by ton of familiar faces and I just faked a smile at them. I was searching for Hyemi yet se was nowhere to be seen.


The music was too loud and most of the guests were already drunk, I held oppa's arm and headed to the kitchen I grabbed a bottle of water. I was actually nervous I didn't know how I will talk with Joshua and Hyemi or the others anyway.. Will we be Best friends? Will we be childhood friends? Or we will be just in the statue to say Hello to each other..


"Hey Omg is it really you Chaewon ?? It has been a really long time!" I heard a familiar voice and I turned around to see Sumin yes Sumin..


"Hi Sumin yes it has been a really long time how have you been?" I asked with a friendly tone I actually missed Sumin she didn't leave me like Joshua and Hyemi without reason, she left because she moved to America and I heard she came back a month ago..


"I have been great, been busy with studying you know normal stuff but I see things have gone well for you huh?" she asked with a teasing voice as she looked at Mingyu and I chuckled "Hey it's not like that, we are just friends" I pinched her arm slightly and the three of us laughed. I was really glad that Sumin came we chitchatted and laughed together but that didn't last long, and the shock got me when the stage lights..


"Congratulation to my great friends, me and my members prepared this song as a gift for your engagement. I just can't believe that 3 years had passed from our high school life; Kang Hyemi the dorky girl whom I would always make fun of for always acting like the cool kid is now getting married. Hyemi-ya I really wish you to be happy with S.Coups hyung and this is my gift for you" he said as the music started and everyone started cheering for him, I could see in the corner of my eyes that Hyemi was tearing up. I see that they were in touch all this time; they still remained friends they just left me.


"And I will always be here for you my DEAR U" and with that 'Dear you he ended the song and with the sound of clapping' and the charm of his cherry smile the sad feelings once again came back.


I tried to shake my thoughts away as I looked at Mingyu . "Mingyu-ah lets go to see Hyemi and S.Coups" I said and he nodded as he grabbed my hand I could feel that he did that to make me feel that someone was still there for me, someone wasn't gone. 


With each step I took towards them each of the memories came back to me.  Hyemi wasn't that bad we just weren't close anymore she was always busy, busy and busy to the state that we didn't meet anymore.


We stopped as we reached them and I could see Hyemi's eyes shine as she saw us. 


"Chaewon !, omg I missed you!" she said as she hugged me tight and I just smiled as I hugged her back. If you missed me you wouldn't avoid me like Joshua. 


"Me too, congratulation for your engagement" I said with a smile formed in my face and her cheeks turned slight pink.


The 4 of us talked, mostly the three of them talked because I didn't know how they were now , what interest them now  and how they are now, but sonce Mingyu was still in contact with them he did, even thought he didn't even know them while they were my besties back then but its now me who doesn't know them.


Why I was left behind by them? Why was I the only one who got ignored by them.


Why I should be invited by Mingyu to the party of my bestfriend. 


Since when we drifted apart to the point to not have each others number. 


It nearly lead me to tears


"aren't I right Chaewon ?" Mingyu asked. 


And I snapped back to reality.. I didn't know what he was asking about but I just smiled and nodded. 


I saw that he felt it from his eyes, and I was happy that he knows me, that he feels it when I lie or something ,, I was really thanks full to him. 


"hello" some boy said from behind. 


I turned my head around  to be faced to Joshua's member. 


They greeted hyemi and s.coups by a friendly way, and I felt anger and pain grow in me. 


Even s where friends with his best friends, so it means the I am busy's were only for me, they were only busy for me. 


I felt like I couldn't take it in to be there anymore,, I couldn't be soured by all those fake people , it was suffocating me to death , like I cant breath anymore. 


"guys excuse me for the bathroom" I said as I faked a smile and looked at Mingyu who was signing me 'you okay?' I nodded and walked away, I bumped into 3 or 5 people while walking, the sound of the happy boys and girls meeting again after all these times and the sound of the music mixed with my thoughts made me out of breath so I quickly headed to the bathroom since it was quieter and pushed myself to the wall behind me. Some tears rolled down by my eyes.


'I was in a quieter place yet the sounds in my head was louder' after like 7 minutes I looked at the mirror and fixed my makeup I practiced some smiles to not be rude and walked out of the bathroom but was shocked to see Mingyu standing infront of the bathroom door. "hey why are you here?" I asked curiously and he messed my hair with a smile "if you are uncomfortable we can go back home you know?" he asked and I shook my head. I wanted to go back home but I didn't want to ruin the party from Mingyu I am sure he missed S.Coups.


Hand in hand we walked back to Hyemi and S.Coups with drink in our other hands. The feelings of betrayal faded as I was beside Mingyu . I don't need others when I myself have such a good bestfriend. With a smiley face I approached them, even thought Joshua and his group was standing beside Hyemi and S.Coups I managed to be as calm and confident as I always am. 


"Chaewon what took you so long?" Hyemi asked and I just smiled and found an excuse "I got a phone call" I said and she nodded. Joshua was quiet the entire time but I didn't care because I was talking with Mingyu . I looked at my drink and it was finished so I headed to the kitchen to fill my glass and immediately regretted it. 


"Why are you avoiding me?" 


"when did i?" I answered with a fake smile managing my cool image.


"right now" he said as he made me face to dace with him. 


" I am not" I said as calmly as I managed to say as I locked my eyes with his. 


"you are" 


My teeth clenched as I felt the anger rush in me. 


"well you have to learn that I am not the one who decided to ignore me first and the one who would ignore my calls and make me feel so unwelcomed " I told him, angrily as I glared at him and went out of the kitchen. 


As I went out my eyes caught happily smiling Mingyu and I stood still for a moment to rearrange my face and my feelings and faked a smile and walked to him. 


He hold my hand at the second he saw me and smiled at me. 


I didn't have the right to destroy his happiness.


We joked and laughed  till I got really really tried and I thought yuhyung had his time so I tugged his arm. 


"wanna go back home, those heels are killing me alive" I pout and he chuckled. 


"okay okay" 


We bid our goodbye and he sent me back home. 


"thanks " I waved at him. 


"welcome, good night" he smiled as he drove the car. 


His house is just liitle away from mine. It takes 3 minutes walk from mine. 


I always end up there when I roam around the nightbour for fresh air. Srsly what would I do without him. 


I smiled to myself as I walked inside of the house, I am alone again, mom is in paris for her new fashion show. 


I switched the lights on and made coffee for myself before taking shower and heading to sleep.


Tonight when I slept I didn't think about anything sad, no 'why they left me' no other sad things maybe because finally I faced them , I can move on now. 


You can only move on when you face it, face the nervousness and the fear you have of meeting them, the thought of what will we do when we meet ? how would we act and other things. 


But now I can Joshua is just someone from past  so is hyemi , those two are just so fake that I wanna puke when I see them, I cant believe they were once my besties. 


  


But tonight I am just thankfull to have Mingyu and my career and my awaiting future infront of me.