If It's Meant To Be

Our Jealous Love

I spent the day in Yoongi's arms catching up on our lives and all the love and kisses we missed. I can't get enough of him. I missed watching him talk with his expressive face.  It was the cutest thing how he talked in pout.  I just sat there smiling like an idiot enjoying every moment. Yoongi proudly shows me his dorm that he fixed up himself. My heart feels full when I see a picture of me on his desk. How many times has he looked at it and thought about me?

"What did you tell your roommate about me?" I ask.

He grins at me and says. "I told him you are my girlfriend, my everything. Poor guy has to listen to how much I miss you every day."

"Oh." I say blushing and feeling blessed.

"Let's take a picture together. He must think I made you up." Yoongi asks.


I tear myself away finally heading home. By the time I get there, it's almost dark. Nobody is home so I start to search to see if I find Yoongi's letters. I really don't think Tae would keep them but just in case. I feel guilty looking through his things then I spot a shoebox all the way in the back of the closet. When I opened it, it's not what I expected. Instead of Yoongi's letters, the box is filled with letters and cards that I had sent Tae while he was away from home during training days. There were ticket stubs and even a note I had left in his locker with the origami heart I made on Valentine's day.

Oh Tae, why are you so sentimental? I felt bad looking at this stuff wondering how much I had hurt him with my love for Yoongi. Reading my own letters telling him how much I love him makes me so sad. At the bottom of the box, I find a crumpled letter addressed to me.

There is no doubt now it was Tae that hid the letters. He must have resented Yoongi and had meant to throw it away. I didn't know what made him keep it. To me, it would feel like a stab in the heart every time I saw it.

My heart felt like a crumpled piece of paper, torn and mangled.  I wish I could find a way to mend his heart. Sitting on the carpeted floor I hugged my knees. I wanted to hug him and take the hurt away.  I cried for him that night.  Taehyung deserved a better wife.