Change In the Stars

Our Jealous Love

I was dripping wet before I was even halfway there, my hair was soaked and my new Pumas squelching with every step.  What a day to forget my umbrella.  The campus paths looked like an ad for umbrellas all colorful and different and pointing at the soggy grey sky.  As I walked to class, the urge to turn back home got stronger and stronger.  What would be the point of staying if I got sick and had to miss more days?  My mind made up I spun around and started jogging back to the bus stop.  A clap of thunder made me my heart jump in fear.  I jogged faster finally breaking into a run.  Another loud clap and the accompanying flash of light.  For a heart-stopping moment, I thought I had been hit.  The hair on my arms standing not just from the cold but also the fear.  I could feel the panic attack starting.  An overwhelming feeling that I was about to die.  I couldn't hear and my limbs started to shake and I couldn't breathe.  I felt dizzy and about to faint the only thing I could think to do was to call out for Yoongi and then everything went dark.

I woke up in the emergency room, the bright fluorescent lights making my eyes hurt.  I lifted my head off the pillows only to receive a stabbing headache.  I turned my aching head and saw the worried face of Yoongi coming closer.  I smiled at him and he smiled back.  Reaching over he grabbed my hand and held it comfortingly.  

"What happened?"  I asked.

"You passed out and hit your head so they brought you here," Yoongi answered.

 "Oh, I had a panic attack because of the storm. My stuff!"

"Don't worry. It's here."

"How did you know I was here?"

"Taehyung called me.  He's your emergency contact.  He's really worried and scared about you but he can't come."

"Really? He called you?"

"You're surprised? He wants you to call him as soon as you wake up."

"I'm glad it's you," I said squeezing his hand.

The only clear thing on his mind right now was the feel of her hand in his. 

"Jinny ..." He starts to say but the door opens and a doctor, based on his lab coat, strides in to check on her.  

"Okay young lady, I'm glad you're awake.  Let me examine you."  He walks up to the bed, looks into her eyes and shines a light into them.   "Very pretty." He says.  Then he takes her pulse.  "Everything looks good.  You need to stay overnight because of the bump on your head.  How often do you have panic attacks?"

"Not very often.  I have a problem with storms though because of a childhood trauma."

The doctor nods his head in understanding.  "I find that therapy works better than medications. I can refer you to a good therapist.  It shows here you are married, is this your husband?"  The doctor turns to look at Yoongi that is still holding her hand.

"No, he's my brother. Can I leave now?"

The doctor continues, "Not yet. I scheduled a sonogram for today to check on your pregnancy.  Who is your OBGYN?"

"I don't have one."

"Well you need one and you need some bed rest till we rule out any problems.  I'll be back later to check on you."