One Day

Our Jealous Love

Tae was inconsolable.  He was sure that all this was his fault.  At the hospital, they told him that his wife was indeed having a miscarriage and would need to have a D&C, a procedure to clear the uterine lining after a miscarriage.  When it was over, he came into the room where Jinny was resting.  He held her hand and kissed it leaving his tears on her skin.  Jinny opened her eyes and saw the tears on this face.  

"I wish I could have told you sooner."  She said.

"Jinny, the baby wasn't unwanted.  I would've loved it with all my heart.  I'm so sorry ... if it was my fault you lost it ..."

"I don't know if it was your fault.  I won't blame you... but there is nothing keeping us together now."

"I see."

"I had decided to stay with you Tae before I even knew about the baby.  I knew it was yours because, contrary to what you think, I have only had with Yoongi once."

"I was a fool.  But now it's too late.  Isn't it?"

"Yes.  You don't have time for a family.  It wouldn't have worked.  I realize that now."

"It still hurts though.  I love children and I wish I could've had them with you.  Will you be okay?"

"Yes. I love him.  I always have.  I will be fine.  One day you will find the right person for you.  They will make you so happy and it won't be a jealous love like ours."  Tae nodded and kissed my lips one last time. 

Tae left leaving me to my thoughts and I was glad of it.  It was painful to lose a child, even one I never saw.  It was part of me after all and that fast little heartbeat made it all too real. I was in a melancholy mood and didn't want to see Yoongi with how bad I looked and felt.  I wanted our time together, to begin with happiness and I was far from that right now.  I cried myself to sleep finally finding peace in my slumber.  

The next day I was discharged and I found myself standing in front of our apartment looking up at the building.  It was very cold outside so I went in, made some tea and walked around aimlessly in my cozy socks.  It hit me like a pang in my heart when I noticed Tae had moved out.  All his things were gone including the shoebox filled with memories of our love.  I cried so much like a part of me had been torn from my heart.  The pregnancy hormones had left me an emotional mess and our breakup happening at the same time didn't help.  Our apartment was small and cutely decorated.  As inviting as it was, it had too many memories of us together so I didn't want to live here anymore.