What We Could Be

Our Jealous Love

Min Yoongi lays on his bed staring up at the ceiling in the middle of the night.  He frowns picking up his phone again and stares at her contact.  He promised himself he wouldn't call her.  After all, she is married.  The last time he saw her she told him she loved him still.  He wants to go back to when he still had hopes that she would leave Tae, but she hasn't which means she won't. And now she has taken away any hope he had.  She told him, "I'm staying with Tae." 

So why am I still hanging on?  How long will I wait?  I still have hope because she said she loves me still. I didn't imagine that.  But here I am lonely and miserable.  My only close friend is Rose from the coffee shop.  She is the only one that knows everything.  Sometimes I wish I hadn't told her because she likes me.  I may be wrong but I might have had a chance with her if I didn't sound so pathetic about Jinny.  I have only had one other girl like me and that was Jinny.  Am I destined to be alone?

It's not the first time I've felt this desperate because of her.  "Baby I still want to make this work," Yoongi says into the night.  His body and mind so frustrated.  He thinks, "I want you so much. I wish I could tell you.  Tell me again you still love me, I will wait for you forever."  

Yoongi walked out of his building taking in the cool night air.  He needed to escape the four walls of his room or he would go crazy.  "Why have I fallen in love so hard? It feels like a bullet to my heart."

Back at home Jinny was restless and can't sleep.   She turns over and kisses Tae's cheek as she gets up and makes her way to the window. Taehyung comforted her when she got home from talking to Yoongi. She cried on his shoulder as he held her tight.  Tae knew it was the hardest thing she had ever done. She couldn't believe she had gone through with it.  She broke Yoongi's heart to make amends with Tae.  But all she could think of was Yoongi's sad face and how he begged her not to leave him.  Her heart was breaking all over again as she thought about it.  She wanted Yoongi but she didn't feel she deserved him after the cruel way she had treated him, walking away as he begged on his knees.  But only she knew there was another reason she had said goodbye to Yoongi for good.  She knew that if she didn't hurt him she would always be tempted to go to him.  In a weak moment, she would give in to temptation.   She looked out the window and felt a little dizzy.  She was very tired but that was not the reason.  Looking down she tenderly placed a hand on her flat belly. She was carrying Tae's child.  The news would have to wait.  They were all too sad right now.