Heartbeat

Our Jealous Love

I was taken to an examination room with diagnostic equipment.  This must be where they do the sonogram.  The nurse asked me to sit on the exam table and said the doctor would be right in as she vacated the room.  Yoongi took this time to come closer to me. 

"You haven't called Taehyung to let him know you are okay."

"Yes, I should call him now, but what if something is wrong with the baby?  I don't know what to do."

"Just call him quick before the doctor comes.  He'll be relieved that you're okay."

"Oh!  I don't have my phone.  Can I use yours."

Yoongi hands me his phone and I immediately call Tae.

Taehyung answers. "Yoongi is she okay?" He sounds worried and it pulls at my heartstrings.

"Taetae it's me!  I'm fine, sweetheart." I try to reassure him.

"OMG Jinny, you scared me.  I'm not leaving you alone anymore."

"Don't be silly Tae.  How did the concert go?"

"Fine I guess, but I was so nervous.  I wish you could have come.  I miss you so much."

"I miss you too. I want you to tell me all about it."

"I want to hear about you.  What happened?"

"There was a sudden storm.  You know me, I was scared.  I got soaked on my way to class.  I was running back to the bus stop when lightning hit.  It was so scary Tae.  I had a panic attack and passed out."

"That sounds terrifying.  Did you get hurt?"

"Yes, I hit my head when I fell, but the doctor says I'm okay.  I have to call you back.  They are going to do another test right now.  Don't worry.  Yoongi is with me. Thanks for calling him, babe."

"You're welcome.  Call me as soon as you can. I love you."

"I love you too. Bye."

Jinny handed the phone back to Yoongi.  His face is serious.

"Jinny do you love him?"

Before she can answer the doctor walks in. 

"Hello Mrs. Kim, I'm doctor Parker here to examine you."

"Hello."

"I see you are in very early stages of pregnancy.  We are going to do an exam to see how far along you are.  How long ago do you think you got pregnant?"

"I'm not sure. I think about 7 weeks. "

"And you've had no spotting or pain?"

"No."

"Sounds like everything is fine.  Let's take a look.  This will help us hear the heartbeat but don't be surprised if we can't.  It's very early goings."

The doctor places lube on her belly and starts to move the monitor around. 

Suddenly, I hear a faint, fast heartbeat.  My eyes get wide and I turn to look at Yoongi.  He is as amazed as I am. 

"There you are little one!  Sounds like your fine to me." The doctor says with a smile on his face.

After the doctor is finished, I go back to the room with Yoongi.  We are both quiet and pensive. I am relieved that the baby is fine.  It has finally dawned on me the implications of my situation.  I'm going to be a mom.  This is happening for real. I'm getting very anxious and scared.  I call out to the one person that can calm me down. "Yoongi!"

"I'm here. What's wrong?" He asks with concern in his voice.  He holds my hand as I start to cry.

"It's going to be okay." He says.  You'll be a great mom and Taehyung will be a great dad."

"No. That's not what I want! I want to be with you.  This is all your fault.  Why did you leave me?"

"I'm sorry."

"They bullied me into marrying him.  I thought you didn't love me!"

"Jinny, you always have a choice.  You can still leave him and marry me.  I will raise the child as my own.  You decide."

"It's too hard.  Whatever I choose somebody gets hurt."

"Whoever you choose the other will move on.  That's life.  Pick what is right for you."

I wrap my arms around his neck.  "I love you. I love you. I love you."  Yoongi starts to cry.  I don't know if he is happy or he thinks I'm saying that because I'm going to leave him behind. I dry his tears with my hand.

"You didn't answer me, Jinny.  Do you love him?"

"Yes.  That's why it's always been so hard."

"Then leave me and be with him.  Have your baby and be happy.  Do it for me. I'll be okay knowing that you're happy and you loved me once."

I nod my head trying to be brave for him.  I need him to tell me what to do because I couldn't choose.  Still, my heart is breaking.