Unwanted

Our Jealous Love

I had faced foreboding things in my life but this certainly was at the top of the list.  My mom had told me once that people could sense when they were about to receive bad news.  She said that the eyes spoke to the soul more eloquently than words.  They gave a glimpse into the human heart where only the truest feelings were expressed.  However, the mind needed to comprehend these feelings and the mind needed words.  Jinny didn't have the words but she figured it would just come to her.  

Tae called from the airport to say he would be home soon.  She waited looking out the window of their home as she had done many times before.  By the time he arrived, it was almost dusk.  She turned around when she heard him and he took her in his arms for a kiss.  Jinny moved her face away avoiding their lips touching.

This made Taehyung instantly angry.  "What's wrong!" He roared.

"You've been drinking,"  Jinny said smelling the alcohol on his breath.

"I was upset and worried about you." He says still annoyed.

"I'm alright. See?"

"You seem distant like you don't want me anymore." His face was etched with pain.

"Tae we're like strangers, I hardly see you."  Jinny wanted to come clean before she lost her nerve. She took a deep breath and said, "This isn't working. I'm not happy and neither are you."

"I know.  I can't stand this.  How can we get closer if we are never together?  And you... you're always with him!"

"You're mistaken, I'm not."

"You slept with him last night!  Am I supposed to be okay with that?"  Tae said slamming his fist on the table.  

Jinny jumped in fear.  "Don't do that!"

"I'll do whatever I want!"  He grabbed the plate on the table and threw it.

"There's no point in speaking with you when your drunk. I'm leaving."

"Go ahead and try."  He said menacingly making a move to grab her. Jinny ran to the bedroom avoiding him and locked the door.  Tae yelled, "open the door, Jinny!"

Jinny cried looking around for her phone.  She was scared of Tae and what he might do to her.  With shaking hands, she hung on to the door nob.

Tae kicked the door furiously unintentionally knocking her down in the process.  She instantly felt a stabbing pain in her abdomen that took her breath away.  Tae picked her up and dragged her to the bed pinning her down.

"Stop!" She pleaded. "It hurts so much! Stop!"  Taking shallow breaths she held on to her abdomen.

Tae sobered up immediately his eyes wide with fear.  "Jinny, I'm sorry my love. I'm sorry."

"I need to use the bathroom,"  Jinny said trying to get off the bed.

Tae helped her as she clung to her abdomen tears falling down her cheeks. When he saw the blood he got scared and asked, "What can I do?"

"Tae take me to the hospital. I think I'm having a miscarriage and it's very painful."

"Miscarriage?  Are you pregnant?" Tae said with a weird wonder in his voice.

"Yes, 10 weeks,"  Jinny said.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wanted to tell you in person," she said her voice alarmingly light.

"Is it mine?" He asked looking very serious and grave.

"Yes." Jinny said sorrowfully, "I heard the little heartbeat in the hospital yesterday. But today... It's like the baby knew it was unwanted."  Jinny cried inconsolably the pain racking her body.