Waiting for You

Our Jealous Love

I was back in Seoul. Closer to Yoongi again. I longed to see him, to have him back in my arms. If I could just hear his voice or at least know he was okay, I would be content. I tried calling him but he didn't answer yet again. So I called my parents to see how they were and also asked about Yoongi. They said he was fine and was getting used to his new routine. He was making friends and having fun. I was glad for him but it made me want to hear from him even more. I asked them if I could visit him but they didn't think it was a good idea. They implied I should move on also. If they only understood how much it hurt to not see him. My parents changed the conversation and asked about Tae and our vacation. I told them it was wonderful but that I felt more like a friend to Tae and not as a wife. My mom said to give it time. Soon we would fall into a rhythm as a couple, anticipating each other's needs and gaining a bond stronger than romantic love. This can't be, I thought. How could anything be better than the feelings I had for Yoongi? He already occupied every corner of my heart and my mind.

I had no plan to visit him but I decided it would be okay to visit the campus to find out about enrollment and try to catch a glimpse of him but not seek him out if I could control myself that is. This would have to satisfy me for now. I couldn't give him hope for us. Not while I was still with Tae not until I had found a way out.

The next day after Tae left, I took a bus to Yoongi's campus on a whim. I didn't call him. I just wanted to see where he went to school and witness the cadence of his new life. I wish he would talk to me and tell me all about it. To be honest I was worried about him. I wonder if he has been eating and sleeping well. I wonder if he is sad or depressed. I want him to miss me like I miss him. Is that wrong? I get to the right stop and get off the bus. It seems like all the people on the bus were students cause they all get off with heavy backpacks in tow. I follow them on to the campus until they scatter off to different buildings. The place is huge. A proper university with beautifully landscaped lawns separated by wide paths. I wish I could go here and be part of this but I'm just a dumb girl that got married too soon. Maybe I'm the lucky one. I'm not sure. After all, I live in a beautiful mansion with kind people and I don't want for anything. My husband is sweet, generous and cute but I long for someone else. Just a glimpse of him can make my heart race. I start looking around exploring the campus searching every face for his. I shuddered as a cool breeze hit me between two buildings.

"Excuse me miss." A young man spoke to me. "Do you need directions?"

"Yes please."

"Are you a new student?"

"No, I came to surprise my brother but I don't know where the dorms are."

"I can help you with that. Is he a freshman?"

"Yes."

"Alright then follow me."

As we strolled towards our destination, he introduced himself. "By the way, my name is Kim Rowoon."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Kim Jinny. I want to start school too but I just moved here after I got married."

"Well, here are the dorms. There are two buildings but you can check which one he's in at the front desk."

"Okay thank you."

I saw a coffee shop across the way and decided to check there first. I walked up to the counter and ordered a latte. I sat down and sipped my drink as I watched the people go by.


When I finish, I got up to leave and that's when I spotted him. At first, I wasn't sure since his head was down but then he looked up and smiled at the pretty girl in front of him.


My smile immediately fell. I had never felt jealous because of Yoongi's actions and it hit me hard. Suddenly the fact that he wasn't mine hit me. I wanted to slap her pretty face even though she hadn't done anything. I wanted to yell at her, "Yoongi is mine and I'm his!" But reason spoke to me and held my tongue. Instead, I quickly walked away tears forming in my eyes. I had gotten my wish but it hurt so much.