A New Beginning

Better Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was half past three on a Tuesday afternoon when I finally spotted him.  My childhood friend that I longed to see but kept avoiding me because of what happened years ago.   He looked the same as I remembered him just his old t-shirt looked a little worse for wear but on him, it looked stylish.  He hadn't noticed me yet as I quickly approached where he was sitting.  

"Yoongi," I said softly not wanting to startle him.  It came out as a whisper but it caught his attention.  

As he got up, I was afraid for a moment that he would run from me. "Yoongi," I said again.  As my eyes met his, a strong emotion welled up in me.  This time I got to tell him in person.  "I've missed you so much!"

I put my arms around him the hug feeling familiar even though I was bigger than him now. 

"Tae-Tae!"  His voice was deep like I remember and I could hear the affection in those two syllables.

With a mixture of happiness and sorrow, spasmodic sobs rose in his throat.  He couldn't speak and he couldn't let go.  Yoongi pulled himself away unable to control his tears and neither could I.

"When Jennie told me she saw you, I couldn't believe it.  I'm so glad you're really here.  Come to my house, please."

"Why don't we go to the park better?"  Yoongi said.

"Sure." Tae acquiesced. "Anything you want."

They walked side by side chatting about old times. "Remember when we used to play hide and seek in the woods?"

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter