Listen To Your Heart

Better Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi wanting to fulfill Jennie's wish asks her to go with him to buy the drawing paper before the stores close on Christmas Eve.  They head out happily because they are together.  Yoongi is all gums and pink cheeks. Jennie burst out laughing about something Yoongi has said joining her gummy smile to the mix.  From a distance, Taehyung watches them with a dejected sadness in his eyes. He wonders if his jealousy is reading too much into this scene but he can't help but come to the conclusion that his girl and his best friend are falling in love.  

Taehyung hurries across the street and calls out to them. 

"Hey, wait, guys!"

"Hello, Tae!" They both pause and wait for Tae to catch up to them. 

"There you are Jennie, I've been calling you."

"Oh, sorry, my phone must be on silent."

"You are such a good friend giving your full attention to Yoongi."

Jennie looks at him with wide eyes wondering if he's being sarcastic.  She feels guilty and her hands are shaking. "What?"

"Your mom says you left the house early this morning.  Have you been together this whole time?"

"Yes,"  Jennie says meeting the challenge in his eyes. "I was worried about him and came to see if he was alright."

"And are you alright?" He says turning to Yoongi that only nodded.

"Alright then, since everything is good, I'll leave you two to enjoy yourselves."

"You're not coming?" Jennie asked. "We're going to the store."

"I don't want to be a third wheel,"  Tae answered with a fake smile.

"Yoongi, could you go on your own.  I think I need to talk to Tae."

Yoongi looks at Tae but Taehyung can't meet his eyes.  He turns sadly and walks away, unsure of what he should do.  Yoongi can't help but wonder if she is going to break up with Tae.

They walk to Tae's house together neither of them speaking. Jennie finally breaks the silence and says what Tae dreaded to hear.

"You have every right to be jealous and angry with me."

"Jennie, stop! Please

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter