Save Me from My Loneliness

Better Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi thought about the pretty girl that had surprised him.  He wanted to see her again but if he was honest with himself he was scared of her and her questions.  It was like she was a character from one of his books.  Pretty and mysterious and he couldn't wait to discover what she would do next.  All night he pondered if she was real or if his own active imagination had put her there to keep him company.  She didn't talk much, like himself, so he felt comfortable around her like a soft comfy blanket fresh out of the dryer, soothing and warm.  Yoongi wasn't ready to open up but he did want a friend desperately.  Maybe she could be the one but it was scary to let people back in after spending so much time blocking people out.  He didn't want to care cause he didn't want to get hurt.  Besides, she was probably nothing like him.  How was he going to explain to her how he had retreated from his former life to live a more gentle existence?  He spent most of his day reading and losing himself in his imagination.  He liked to draw and paint and unlike her lived without schedules or tests.  He was eccentric his aunt had said.  A free spirit.  In other words, a weirdo.


Yoongi was curious about his former friends and sometimes would spy on them.  They were so into their own thing that they didn't even notice him.  He was starting to believe he was a ghost or maybe just invisible.  But she had seen him.  This made him smile.  Maybe he was finally coming out of his cocoon.  Maybe he could finally have what he was missing.

Yoongi's aunt was a nice lady.  She had rearranged her whole life to take him in.  She had taken him from his familiar painful surroundings and brought him to her clean white house to live.  It was still in the same neighborhood but the new surroundings offered a calming balm to his pain.  Her house was modern and immaculate the complete opposite to her sister's house that was homey and comfortable.  His room at his aunt's house felt like a cell at a mental hospital although a nice one.  It was too plain so Yoongi tried to remedy that with his art or by bringing nature into his room by planting cuttings in many kinds of containers and jars he could find.  After all, he wanted to be a gardener or own his own flower shop. His new little garden had made him smile for once but when his aunt found it she made him throw it away cause she said it was dirty and brought bugs.  Not that she was a mean person, she just wasn't warm but she tried to be pleasant.  At least she would buy him books, Yoongi thought.  Their favorite activity was going to the bookstore browsing the shelves for literary treasures.  His aunt would always treat him to a coffee and a cookie when they were done.  It was the only unhealthy treat he was allowed.  

It's no wonder Yoongi would escape as often as he could.  During the day when people were off to work or school was the best time to explore.  He would go into people's gardens and take pictures but his favorite place to go was the woods near his home.  That is until one day a dog chased him till he couldn't run anymore a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter