For You, I'd Catch the Stars

Better Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Most mornings, Jennie could be found in the library with her nose in a book only stopping when the bell rang signaling the beginning of the school day.  She preferred her own company and kept to herself most of the time.  She couldn't help wanting to avoid the drone of the teacher's dull and tedious lesson. Who wouldn't? Her mind would rather wander through time and space usually influenced by one of her current reads.  By evading the noisy cafeteria, and crowded hallways she found solace in the more pleasant and peaceful library where she was able to enjoy her favorite music and read.  Lately, she had been devouring historical novels and had moved on to Regency romances, consequently listening to the music of that period.  Lisa, her best friend, found it weird but Jennie didn't see anything wrong with it.  When she invited her best friend over for afternoon tea laid out in the back garden with white linens and little tea cakes made by Jennie, Lisa thought her friend had finally lost her mind. Although it painted a beautiful picture it wasn't typical for a girl in her teens but Lisa had a plan.  Jennie needed to fall in love.

The next day Lisa found her exactly as she pictured with her cute little face staring at a page.  "You need to get your head out of that book!  Look around at all the hot guys in real life,"  Lisa offered, pulling the book down for her to see.

Low and behold that did the trick! As Jennie looked up and laid her eyes on the most dashing rake of the ton.  Wait no, more like the cutest guy in school.  He passed by without even noticing her but that didn't stop her from falling for him.  From that day on, her eyes searched for him and consequently, the heroes and rakes in her books mysteriously looked like him.

The handsome fella's name was Kim Taehyung.  He was no rake or hero but not the typical teenager either.  Much like Jennie, the independent Tae was ever mindful of his thoughts and dreams making it difficult to concentrate in class.  With a mind that never stops, his curiosity about everything made him either a great listener or the worst kind whose mind would wander when the subject became too boring and his quick mind was off to the next thing.  

Jennie finally met Tae in her second year of high school after having a secret crush on him forever.  She had fallen hard for his natural charm and the shy way he would look at her whenever their eyes met in the busy halls of their school.  Jennie always looked forward to catching his gaze as they changed classes and hoped one day he would have the nerve to talk to her.  She was shy herself, so there was no way she would make the first move.  In fact, she nearly died of mortification one day when her best friend, Lisa offered to help by telling him that Jennie liked him.  When her friend started walking towards him, Jennie ran in the opposite direction through the crowded halls. Hearing Lisa's loud voice yelling, "Jennie, come back!" just make her run faster.

When she met Lisa after school, she threatened to unfriend her if she exposed her secret.  So things continued much as they did before with longing stares and wishful thinking.  Jennie liked it that way.  Her fantasy of Tae was probably better than the real thing. Right?  She consoled her self for being too scared to confront him. 

The next day was even more tortuous than usual since Jennie thought he must have noticed her embarrassment. She even considered walking a different way to class so she didn't have to see him. But there he was suddenly in sight walking next to another cute boy and poking him in the ribs as he saw her approaching.  That day, said boy, being sick of being poked, pushed Tae in her direction making them bump hard into each other, finally forcing them to speak. Tae immediately turned crimson at the awkward meeting.  Being as they were both shy with the opposite , the conversation was not very long.

"I'm so sorry."  He blurted reaching out to steady her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter