I've Got You *

Under The Full Moon

Taekwoon let out a loud squeak when Holland suddenly leaned in towards him. His ears laid back as his eyes widened, watching Holland closely.

 

Holland let out a soft hum as he nodded to himself.

 

Taekwoon looked uneasy and glanced towards Sanghyuk for help. The young Alpha growled lowly and Holland shot his brother an amused look as he pulled away from Taekwoon with a eating grin.

 

“Problem, brother?”

 

“Holland.” Juwon said simple. “Stop scaring Taekwoon.”

 

Holland blinked before sighing. “I swear I didn’t mean to scare him. It was just a negative side effect of me wanting to test his reflexes.”

 

“I’m sure there was an easier and better way to go about that than poking your face into his.” Sanghyuk grumbled, tail lashing in annoyance.

 

“Now, now, stop being so protective.” Holland waved his hand, ignoring the flicker of annoyance in his brother’s eyes.

 

Sanghyuk curled his lips back slightly. “I would if you stopped being an to Taekwoon. There are better ways to test Taekwoon’s reflexes.”

 

“Would you let me test them?”

 

“It’s Taekwoon’s decision. Even if I don’t want it, if Taekwoon does then his choice is final.”

 

“So you won’t let him?”

 

“I never said that!”

 

“Boys.” Juwon said simply and instantly Sanghyuk and Holland fell silent. Both falling silent immediately and bowed their heads. Neither were stupid enough to push their father who looked amused at how quickly they quietened.

 

Taekwoon flicked his ear as he stared at the two. He was surprised at how much control Juwon had, considering everything that Sanghyuk was doing around the pack while his parents relaxed and eased away from their previous duties.

 

Then again, it seemed in this pack there was a huge respect for the elders in your ranks. Which is why even Juwon and Miyong bow down to Songhyon when he speaks up, though it is very rare.

 

It amazed Taekwoon but he wasn’t going to question it.

 

It was much better than what he was previously used to when it comes to ranks.

 

Juwon looked at Sanghyuk. “Now, Sanghyuk what have I told you about patience?”

 

“To be aware of my patience levels and work around it.” Sanghyuk said. “I know but Taekwoon is still nervous and shy within our pack. I don’t like it when people are pushing themselves into his personal space. He deserves that much.”

 

Holland smirked and grinned at Taekwoon. “Sanghyuk just doesn’t want people getting close to you.”

 

“That isn’t it at all!” Sanghyuk hissed.

 

“Sanghyuk.” Juwon rested his hand on his son’s shoulder. “Why don’t you go and do some patrolling? You should get out of the town once and a while.”

 

Sanghyuk raised an eyebrow and Holland clapped his hands together. “You can do that and I can take Taekwoon out to the territory to test out his sense of smell and sight when it comes to hunting.”

 

Taekwoon looked startled and Sanghyuk even looked surprised. Juwon smiled as Holland looked incredibly proud of his decision.

 

“Well, if Taekwoon agrees to it then I don’t see why not.” Juwon said, looking at Taekwoon. “And not what Sanghyuk thinks.”

 

Sanghyuk grumbled. “I always respect Taekwoon’s choice. I would never make a choice for him.”

 

Juwon chuckled. “I know.” He flicked his son lightly. “You are probably the one person in the pack that respects his choice that much.”

 

“Who doesn’t? I just want to talk.” Sanghyuk said but Juwon growled.

 

“Son.”

 

“I don’t mind.” Taekwoon said, sensing that he should probably say something. “I mean…I want to help the pack. You’ve done so much for me.”

 

His ears suddenly laid back and murmured. “I just feel like I am a burden on you, that’s all.”

 

“Well, you aren’t so don’t worry too much about it all.” Holland reassured.

 

Sanghyuk smiled at Taekwoon and nodded to Juwon. “Fine, I’ll take Sungjae with me as we go out to do some patrolling near the mountains. Can’t be too safe.”

 

“Good idea.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Holland stood patiently and watched as Taekwoon who was sniffing the air trying to locate the scent of the squirrel that Holland had picked up a few moments prior.

 

The Tau was impressed by Taekwoon’s dedication to learn, well relearn, the act of the hunt and how to be a proper wolf without being in his wolf form. Which was a skill every wolf needed to learn. He had to get a good sense of Taekwoon’s abilities so they can figure out a way of training him.

 

“Dammit!” Taekwoon hissed and Holland perked up when he noticed Taekwoon kick at the ground.

 

“Taekwoon?” Holland was worried that Taekwoon had injured himself somehow in the very short time that he had become unfocused.

 

It was unlikely but it was a chance.

 

He lived with Kangmin after all and that pup always had the ability to get himself caught up in dangerous situations.

 

Taekwoon didn’t look up, tail flicking as he rested against one of the rocks, his face burying into his hands. “Why am I so useless?”

 

“What?” Holland stepped closer but knew not to push it. After all, he wasn’t Sanghyuk and therefore didn’t have the same acceptance.

 

“I’m useless.”

 

He sounded so upset and distressed, making Holland fear that Sanghyuk would come rushing over with a snarl and the idea that Holland had hurt Taekwoon. Holland didn’t know what the exact connection that Fated Mates had but he didn’t want to push anything.

 

“You’re not useless.” He said quickly but without knowing what Taekwoon was going on about it sounded fake to his own ears. Look, he doubted even Taekwoon would not see through that.

 

Taekwoon let out a wet laugh. “Ha! Yeah right. I couldn’t even pick up the scent of the squirrel even though I knew it was there.”

 

Holland rested his hand on Taekwoon’s shoulder who flinch at the action. Holland withdrew his hand. Okay, not that then. “Look, you don’t need to be so worried, everyone struggles at first.”

 

“Pfft. Kangmin can hunt better than me.” Taekwoon grumbled.

 

“That’s because he’s an Alpha.” Holland explained. “They have to be able to hunt better than most.”

 

Taekwoon flinched even harder than that and his tail curled higher around himself. “Yeah, I guess…I’m still useless.”

 

Holland frowned as he studied Taekwoon. Why did he react that way after Alpha children being good hunters indicate that there was more to him? Why did he sound so resound when he claimed he was useless?

 

“Okay.” Taekwoon looked at Holland. “While I do want to check out your abilities to track and hunt, I am curious and have several questions. I love Sanghyuk but sometimes he just refuses to push for answers that he really should.”

 

Taekwoon looked panicked and jumped to his feet. “What?!”

 

Holland met his gaze. “I told you. Sanghyuk doesn’t know when to push for answers.”

 

“But…But…” Taekwoon seemed uncomfortable and Holland felt bad for pushing him into this proverbial corner but it had to be done. “I was going to answers questions he has for me, it’s just that he’s been so busy with the pack and I don’t want to seem clingy or demanding.”

 

“Fine. We’ll make this better for the both of us. You can ask me a question and I’ll answer as long as you answer mine.” Holland said exasperatedly.

 

He didn’t doubt that Taekwoon would in fact tell Sanghyuk, and Sanghyuk being so busy is the main reason why those conversations hadn’t been said. Also, Taekwoon had managed to fall into a spot in the pack so Sanghyuk didn’t need to worry about him as much.

 

Which was always a bonus in their books.

 

“Can I ask mine first?” Taekwoon asked and when Holland nodded ‘yes’ he carried on. “Why is Sanghyuk heir and not you?”

 

Holland chuckled. “Do I really look like an Alpha’s child to you?”

 

“Well…No, but neither do I.”

 

Holland snapped his gaze towards Taekwoon who looked horrified at his comment and slip-up. To the point he looked away and laid his ears back out of embarrassment. Holland’s tail twitched as he watched Taekwoon closely.

 

“What?”

 

Taekwoon shook his head. “No...Forget it.”

 

“I think you just revealed something very important, Taekwoon.”

 

The white wolf stiffened and then forced his shoulders to relax. His aqua eyes flicked towards Holland with guilt swimming in them. It made Holland feel bad for neglecting his feelings.

 

“I didn’t mean to say anything like that.”

 

“Yet, you still said it.” Holland pressed.

 

Taekwoon blinked before snarling at him and Holland was surprised that he did so. It seemed like being reminded that Taekwoon is an Alpha had probably snapped his wolf into acting out. Reacting like an Alpha who was a rogue.

 

He waited, knowing that Taekwoon wouldn’t do anything. Taekwoon watched him before turning away with a simple ear flick.

 

Holland continued on with his story. If he wanted Taekwoon to tell him about himself then he needed to be honest with him as well.

 

“Actually, I was born a loner or rogue, I’m not sure which. I was found by one of the Sister Packs only a few months old and then brought here. I wasn’t originally given to Juwon or Miyong, however, I was instead given to Chihun and Doyeon.”

 

“Jaehwan’s parents?”

 

“Yeah. They had two pups but we didn’t know that they were going to be expecting Jaehwan. They were worried about not being able to take care of me as well as Jaehwan but no one was really willing and ready to take in a year-old wolf pup.” Holland sighed then smiled. “But, then Miyong and Juwon took me in, surprising everyone. They all knew they wanted their own pups but had no luck at that point.”

 

Taekwoon looked surprised at that. “But, Jaehwan is only two years older than Sanghyuk and Haebin.”

 

“Yeah. I was about four when the twins were born. I knew full well I wasn’t their child and I was excited to have baby siblings to really care that people would raise eyebrows.” Holland chuckled. “Though that was no worry. Sanghyuk and Haebin were both born exceptional Alphas, even at a young age.”

 

Taekwoon’s lips twitched and smiled to himself. “I can see that.”

 

Holland looked at him. “What about you Taekwoon. You are an Alpha, as you revealed, but I don’t know anything else.”

 

“It…It’s a hard topic.” Taekwoon rubbed his arm slightly.

 

“We have several hours. Take your time.” Holland said as he sat on a rock making Taekwoon give him a strange look.

 

“You are actually…Being nice towards me wanting to speak.”

 

Okay, that was a low blow. Holland sniffed. Sanghyuk would bite his head off if he ever found out that Holland was sort of pushing Taekwoon into talking. It seemed as though Taekwoon knew this and was using it as a way to get around it without outright saying it.

 

“Yeah, yeah. We can discuss that later, Sanghyuk will know for sure. But, an Alpha child to another Alpha child.” Holland leaned back on the rock.

 

Taekwoon perched himself on another rock as he adjusted himself. Eyes weren’t leaving Holland as he got settled. “You aren’t an Alpha.”

 

“I was – still am to a degree – raised as an Alpha. Your point is moot.”

 

“Fine.” Taekwoon sighed. “It’s not something I like to talk or even think about it. My old pack…were rogues and travelled around without ever stopping in any real location.

 

“There isn’t much too say though, except for the fact that we could never join another pack – though I never wanted to. My mother had died before we were chased out of our pack when I was incredibly young so my father blamed me for her death. When my sisters and I were old enough to have gone through puberty, he tried selling us off to other packs in order to ensure that some of our pack were still safe.”

 

“Your pack accepted the selling of wolves?” Holland yelped.

 

Taekwoon shrugged. “Yeah. Especially to my sister and I because we were the children of the Alpha so we were desired.”

 

“But you left.” Holland’s mind reminded him that perhaps Taekwoon didn’t want to because he and Sanghyuk had already met as young pups and therefore their connection was already there.

 

“Yeah. I couldn’t stand that life any more so I ran. My father hated it and had attacked me.”

 

Taekwoon’s explanation was so bland but Holland was not surprised. Taekwoon still very clearly trusted Sanghyuk and Holland was not the same.

 

“So, your pack was corrupted.” Taekwoon nodded and Holland sighed loudly at that. He could only imagine what Sanghyuk’s reaction was going to be. It would probably only be good in order to not scare Taekwoon.

 

“Yeah but I never realised how much it was until I was found by you.”

 

That was depressing.

 

“Do you know what brought you here or were you just running in a random direction and hoping you’ll find somewhere safe?” Holland wanted to know for once if Taekwoon was actually feeling a connection to Sanghyuk.

 

Taekwoon looked startled and then looked confused.

 

“I mean…I ran in a random direction at first but then I just changed course slightly to head towards here. I didn’t really think about it. I only stopped once I was well into your territory and felt safe but then I collapsed shortly after.” Taekwoon admitted.

 

That explains it then. Holland thought. Taekwoon was in fact following the trail of his Fated Mate.

 

“Well. I won’t tell anyone that you are an Alpha.” Holland said but there was something that was niggling at the back of his mind.

 

He jumped off the rock and suddenly Taekwoon reached out to him. “Wait!”

 

Holland looked back at Taekwoon who suddenly seemed unsure of whether or not he should say what was on his mind. His his lip out of nervousness before dropping his hand.

 

“Never mind.” He murmured. “It’s nothing.”

 

Holland seemed unsure but smiled at him. “Okay, fine. Why don’t we go and test out your skills to track deer? Surely that might be easier for you.”

 

Taekwoon nodded.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Sanghyuk’s dark paws landed on the ground as he pushed himself forwards, the grass soft beneath his paw pads. The dew made the grass slightly slipperier than normal but that was no issue for him. His claws slightly dug into the ground to help get a better grip on the surface of the ground.

 

Sungjae ran alongside Sanghyuk, his paws slightly sliding along the ground but he could only let out a happy bark. Seems like one of them was enjoying it.

 

“So, how does the pack view Taekwoon?” Sanghyuk asked as he slowed and Sungjae mimicked him to almost trot beside his Alpha.

 

Sanghyuk would know but he’d be so caught up in the more technical side of leading pack and therefore hadn’t been able to check around town himself. Sungjae would know more than him anyway.

 

“They like him.” Sungjae said. “They aren’t expecting anything from him though, since he isn’t fully ready to delve into the pack duties.”

 

“Yeah, Holland is evaluating him today.” Sanghyuk flicked his tail. I wonder what he is putting Taekwoon through. “Taekwoon also felt as though he was becoming a  burden on the pack even though he really isn’t.”

 

“I can imagine he feels that way.” Sungjae nodded. “But we can help take care of him without any issues.”

 

“I just wish he knew that though.”

 

“Aww, I knew you had a heart deep down.” Sungjae teased.

 

Sanghyuk felt his body heat up in embarrassment. “I’m just worried that he’s not fitting in!”

 

“Yeah, yeah. That’s what you claim but I can see through you. I’m your best friend after all.” Sungjae sounded way too smug.

 

“He- He just needs to fit in and I’m worried the pack won’t.” Sanghyuk didn’t really know why he was still trying to explain himself. Why would Sungjae believe it if it sounded wrong to his own ears?

 

Why was he still trying to cover up the truth from his best friend? It would only be a matter of time before Sungjae found out the truth.

 

Sungjae raised an eyebrow at him. “Right, so is that why you sound so in love when you talk about him?”

 

Sanghyuk stiffen and hissed. “I do not!”

 

“Okay, maybe not in love but definitely getting there.” Sungjae only smirked at him, leaving Sanghyuk to lay his ears back in irritation.

 

The Alpha rolled his eyes. “Whatever you say. I am not in love with Taekwoon. I don’t know everything about him in the first place.”

 

“But you can always ask him.”

 

“I know.”

 

Sanghyuk looked down and scratched at the ground lightly and Sungjae looked towards the mountain with ears pulled forward. Sensing that Sanghyuk wanted the conversation to be changed or taken in a different direction.

 

“So, how are our sister packs?” Sungjae asked.

 

Sanghyuk smiled weakly at the attempt to change the conversation. He took a deep breath before speaking. “They are good. They are keeping an eye out for any wolves that are trespassing onto their territories in order to find a white wolf.”

 

“Weren’t they shocked that there is an actual white wolf?”

 

“Yes, but they know better than to ask questions relating to that. Taekwoon is no threat and they are accepting that.”

 

Sungjae hummed. “Fair enough. Plus, no wolf would ever take the word of another wolf without evidence.”

 

“Which makes me wonder what the Evening Pack were told about Taekwoon by his old pack. If it is indeed his old pack.” Sanghyuk said, voice growing bitter as he bared his teeth.

 

“We won’t know. You know how reclusive they are.” Sungjae said, resting his tail against Sanghyuk. “Though I don’t doubt that we’ll get our answers.”

 

“But when will we get those answers?”

 

Sanghyuk hated not knowing those details. It made him feel like he was doing a terrible job and not being able to help his pack or those under his care.

 

“Maybe at the Alpha meeting.” Sungjae offered. “Certainly the Evening Pack would show up. It would be suspicious if they don’t after all.”

 

An ear flicked as Sanghyuk let out a soft laugh. “Yeah. Good thing it is coming up soon. We’ll see then.”

 

“See.” Sungjae looked way too happy. “It’ll all make sense. It always does.”

 

“It doesn’t always.” Sanghyuk stressed but Sungjae shrugged.

 

However, before he could say anything, their ears twitched and their bodies stopped in their tracks. The wind was beginning to pick up but amidst the wind, there was something beneath it. Sanghyuk craned his head and frowned.

 

Sungjae blinked. “What was that?”

 

Sanghyuk sniffed before he heard scuffling against the ground. His eyes widening and Sungjae watched him closely and concerned for what Sanghyuk had heard.

 

“Sanghyuk?”

 

“Fighting.” Sanghyuk said simply before surging forward.

 

Sungjae yelped slightly as he took off after him, barely able to catch up but Sanghyuk wasn’t too worried. He didn’t want to slow just in case he got there too late to break up the fight. Somehow he didn’t think it was wolves that were part of his pack.

 

Inner pack fighting wasn’t something they ever liked.

 

Disagreements were normal but no outright fighting.

 

His nose twitched as they approached the sounds of fighting. Sungjae looked startled now, hearing the sounds for himself and growling lowly in his throat because of the idea that wolves were fighting on their territory.

 

Sanghyuk could very clearly understand that anger.

 

His eyes snapped open as he recognised the scents in the air.

 

The Evening Pack and…A sister pack. One that he had been hoping to meet at the border. Moon Shadows Light, the sister pack who lives near the mountains but is the closest pack to the Evening Pack.

 

A snarl ripped itself from his throat as he broke into a full-on sprint, kicking up the ground and dirt. Sungjae spluttered slightly but Sanghyuk didn’t even blink at the sound or the action.

 

Crouching, Sanghyuk sprung forward and leaped over a few bushes with a loud growl that caused the wolves he was leaping at to stop and stare at him with wide eyes. His front paws came into contact with one of the wolves that was standing over one of his wolves, claws digging into the skin and shoving him to the side.

 

The wolf huffed as Sanghyuk pressed him deeper against the ground, a low growl warning him to not even try anything. After all, Sanghyuk’s claws were actually beginning to draw blood.

 

The brown wolf growled up at the larger black wolf who merely had to bare his teeth to get his point across.

 

“Don’t try anything.” His voice was commanding and then raised his head. “Why are you on my territory?”

 

“It’s yours?” One asked, tail flicking. “I didn’t realise your parents had died, though I would not be surprised.”

 

Sanghyuk snarled and noticed Sungjae leap forward to stand between the two wolves of his sister pack. Joshua and Luhan if he remembered correctly, which he was. He was rarely wrong when it came to the scents of his pack mates after all.

 

At least I’m not doing this alone.

 

“The fact that I am the heir means that this territory is mine just as much as my parents’.”  Sanghyuk explained. “So, answer my question?”

 

“What question was that?” The light tan wolf asked, claws digging into the ground as their tail twitched.

 

Sanghyuk growled, fur fluffing up to make himself look bigger. There was no reason for it though but he didn’t really care. If it intimidated them then he would do it all the time if needed.

 

“Why are you trespassing on my territory. Your pack’s territory is nowhere near us.” Sanghyuk paced back and forth, eyes keeping locked on the ten wolves who didn’t seem to really care.

 

“You know why we are here.” The leader declared and Sanghyuk recognised him as the Beta of the Evening Pack and he almost snorted at him in response.

 

“Do I?”

 

“We were informed that you are an intelligent one. Surely you know. Especially when your scent has a certain scent mixed in with it.”

 

Sanghyuk froze and Sungjae also stiffened as he lowered himself to Joshua and Luhan. The two other wolves just stared at their Alpha is shock and surprise. Sanghyuk’s claws dug into the ground and Joshua lowered his head.

 

“Alpha? What are they talking about?”

 

“Nothing that they understand.” Sanghyuk responded.

 

The Beta laughed loudly. “Do you even know what wolf you have? The white wolf that we have all rights to.”

 

Sanghyuk snarled and lashed his tail. “You have no rights to anyone. He is part of my pack, not yours.”

 

The other wolf sneered and Luhan growled, pushing himself up.

 

“Don’t you even think about it. You are only a Beta and Sanghyuk is an Alpha.” Luhan snapped. “You can’t challenge him.”

 

The Beta turned to Luhan and a few of the other wolves stepped forward. Sanghyuk snarled and leaped forward, lashing out, making them jerk backwards and away from the young Alpha. Sanghyuk lowered his head as he bared his teeth.

 

“Leave my pack alone. If you really wanted to discuss this white wolf then you could come and promise a civil conversation and we may be considerate of your points.”

 

“Well we were going to do that.” The Beta replied easily.

 

Sanghyuk raised an eyebrow and Luhan spat out. “Bull! You attacked us unprovoked. We would’ve escorted you to the town if you didn’t attack us.”

 

“Also, you would only need two – possibly three – wolves instead of ten.” Sungjae added, eyeing the wolves closely as he stepped in front of Luhan and Joshua.

 

“Luhan, stop. You are injured and need to rest.” Sanghyuk instructed.

 

Luhan opened his mouth but realised that he was at a disadvantage. Sanghyuk is his Alpha after all and he was right. His wounds were evident and stained his fur, along with Joshua’s.

 

“Anyway.” The tan wolf said, shaking their fur out. “That white wolf.”

 

“No.”

 

The Beta laughed. “Do you not sense him? The fact that his wolf doesn’t fully smell like a male, like the fact his scent is stronger than most?”

 

Sanghyuk knew where they were going with this and took a deep breath. He could tell Sungjae, Luhan and Joshua were watching him to see what he’d do and what he’ll say. Sanghyuk, himself, didn’t really know what he was going to say either.

 

“I know what you are talking about.” Sanghyuk met the Beta’s dark brown eyes, his own golden eyes narrowing at him in warming. “However, since he left his old pack his rank and status mean nothing to us.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because he will find his own place in our pack.” Sanghyuk said, growling. He looked over at Sungjae. “Jae, take Luhan and Joshua back to town and get them checked into the hospital.”

 

“Yes, Alpha.” Sungjae nodded and moved to the two wolves but there was a sudden blur in Sanghyuk’s face.

 

Before he could even react, he felt himself be slammed into the ground. Three sets of paws pressing into his body, claws extracted and digging into his thick fur. While he knew that they weren’t drawing blood it is only a matter of time before it does happen.

 

“Alpha!”

 

His vision cleared just enough for him to register the thuds of his pack mates getting pinned, ears snapping forward as he turned his head towards the noise. He saw Sungjae being pinned by another three wolves while the last four kept Luhan and Joshua pinned to the ground. Without much trouble since they were already pretty beaten up already.

 

Sanghyuk gritted his teeth before flinging himself up, finding it quite easy to dislodge them.

 

Clearly they relaxed after pinning him thinking that they had the advantage over him. Which was clearly not the case, as Sanghyuk got himself to his paws. Fur bristling up in anger that they had just attacked the Alpha of another pack, unprovoked at that.

 

“How dare you?!” Sanghyuk roared, noticing how they flinched away from him. “That was an unprovoked attack!”

 

He flicked his gaze towards Sungjae who had managed to force the other wolves to back off with a warning growl. Joshua and Luhan managed to push themselves up as well but Sanghyuk noticed the blood that stained all their bodies. Their eyes were hazy from the loss of blood.

 

His vision went red at the edges and his blood began to boil.

 

His claws ripped at the ground as he leaped forward towards the seven wolves who were too close to his pack for his liking. Sanghyuk’s claws racked down one cheek, causing the wolf to cry out in pain. They attacked his pack. He wasn’t going to let them get away with that.

 

Sanghyuk snarled, baring his teeth as the Beta stepped forward to protect his own pack mates but Sanghyuk’s growl was enough of a deterrent. His tail lashed from side to side, slightly unnerved that they hadn’t backed down.

 

Sanghyuk snarled and stepped forward towards the Beta and sneered down at him. “Get. Off. My. Territory.”

 

The Beta met his gaze with a challenging look. “And if we don’t?”

 

“Then you will regret ever crossing me.”

 

His eyes narrowed and knew that they had darkened in his anger.

 

The Beta scoffed and flicked his tail. “Not that much of a threat.”

 

Sanghyuk blinked, barely registering Sungjae’s broken voice that was directed at him. Suddenly, the Alpha pushed forward and pinned the Beta to the ground without another second of hesitation.

 

Claws reached up and scratched his cheek. Sanghyuk snarled and placed his paw on the Beta’s throat.

 

“Don’t test me, pup.”

 

He knew it was an insult to call a full-grown wolf that wasn’t part of your pack a pup but there was no better way to describe his attitude. He was attacking another pack for no reason and refused to even consider a civil discussion. Which Sanghyuk would’ve definitely given him.

 

“Don’t call me a pup!” The Beta hissed.

 

Sanghyuk’s paw slashed out at his shoulder, causing blood to spill onto the ground from the fresh would. The Beta flinched away but probably understand that Sanghyuk was going easy on him. That would could have been a lot worse.

 

“I will call you whatever I want. Since you are acting like a pup.” Sanghyuk snorted. “I’m guessing the discipline in your pack is atrocious, if they allowed your behaviour to carry on like this.”

 

“It is better than yours.”

 

“Oh? Is that why I am able to hold myself back from fighting and yet you outright attacked an Alpha?”

 

The Beta sneered and clamped his jaws over Sanghyuk’s front paw that was holding him down. Sanghyuk snarled and yanked his paw away. The scent of the blood of an Alpha hung heavy in the air, the droplets splashed against the Beta’s fur and then the ground when Sanghyuk removed his paw.

 

It was matting the fur.

 

Sanghyuk could expect that it would become really bad if he didn’t get it checked out. As long as the teeth didn’t reach his bones then it’ll be fine.

 

A loud growl rumbled through Sanghyuk’s body as he leaned over the Beta. He lowered his face to him, teeth bared towards the other wolf’s throat. It wasn’t a threat or a warning, it was a promise.

 

“You are lucky I am only letting you go with a scratch on your shoulder.” Sanghyuk’s voice was deep. “Because, believe me, it could be so much worse. Such as you never returning to your territory again.”

 

An audible gulp met his words and Sanghyuk was pleased that he managed to intimidate the other wolf.

 

“Now,” Sanghyuk stepped back, tail lashing. “Get out.”

 

He didn’t have to repeat himself, as the ten wolves scrambled to their paws and took off back towards their territory. Sanghyuk snorted as he saw the Beta glare back at him before disappearing.

 

Snorting, Sanghyuk wasn’t too worried about them staying in their territory. Their scents indicated that they were leaving. Probably to inform their Alphas of what transpired and didn’t want to push their luck with Sanghyuk already being in a mood.

 

“Sanghyuk.”

 

An ear flick before Sanghyuk turned his head to see Sungjae watching him closely. Wondering if he should approach his best friend or keep his distance. Joshua and Luhan were also surprised, both watching in worry. Sanghyuk felt bad for worrying them. Especially when he had no issues with them.

 

“I’m alright.”

 

“Your paw.” Joshua said, walking forward but Sanghyuk shook his head, halting his advancements.

 

“Do not worry about me.”

 

“But-“

 

“No buts.” Sanghyuk said finally. “Let’s just get you back to the town. I can’t have either of you fainting from blood loss.”

 

Sungjae leaned against Joshua, nuzzling the other wolf. Murmuring softly into his ear to calm him down. Sanghyuk shot Sungjae a grateful look before letting Luhan lean against him.

 

“You shouldn’t be walking.” Luhan whispered drowsily as he let himself follow Sanghyuk’s steps. Not really aware of his own movements.

 

That was really concerning and Sanghyuk hoped Luhan could keep himself aware until they got them help. And into the reliable hands of their healers.

 

“Why were you two in our territory?” Sanghyuk asked, changing to subject and saw Luhan’s face twist into annoyance that his comment wasn’t addressed.

 

He didn’t want to worry them. Not when they were worse.

 

Luhan sighed and Joshua piped up. “We noticed the Evening Pack were getting…a little too close so we wanted to ask for some assistance. Then they attacked us.”

 

Sanghyuk sighed and looked back over his shoulder. “I am sorry about that.”

 

“Don’t be.” Joshua yawned. “You saved us.”

 

“It was by pure chance.” Sanghyuk muttered bitterly. His own pack was able to get attacked on their territory, where they should be considered safe and yet…And yet they were seriously injured.

 

What if he didn’t get to them in time.

 

“Stop thinking.” Sungjae said, sensing Sanghyuk’s turmoil. “We saved them and that’s all that matters for now. We can work out patrols once we get them healed up.”

 

Sanghyuk nodded and was about to say something when he heard four sets of paw steps run towards them. The scents that carried in the wind relaxed his body. Luhan sniffed before opening his eyes to see who had arrived and shown up.

 

“Alpha!”

 

Wonshik burst through first, eyes wild with worry and he skidded to a halt, just as Jiyong, Jaehwan and Xiumin joined him. Their fur was fluffed and they studied their pack mates and noticed the blood on their fur and bodies.

 

“Luhan! Joshua!” Jaehwan cried as he and Xiumin weaved themselves forward to allow Jiyong and Sungjae to pull Luhan and Joshua onto their backs. Both wolves were sturdy enough to hold their weight.

 

“We are just going home.” Sanghyuk instructed though they all saw his bloodied paw and the deep teeth wounds.

 

“We followed your scent of blood.” Jiyong explained as Wonshik was too shocked to say or do anything.

 

Sanghyuk laid his tail on Jiyong. “I’m glad you came to our aid, but Joshua and Luhan need our help. We are going home. Do not worry about the Evening Pack just yet.” He growled. “They know better than to cross our territory boundaries for a little while.”

 

Wonshik nodded. “Yes, Alpha.” Though he was upset he wasn’t informed of everything just yet.

 

Sanghyuk sniffed as he gazed at the mountains. A low rumble was felt through his entire body as he thought about what just happened.

 

Sanghyuk tossed his head back and howled loudly in a warning. It won’t be enough in the long run, but for now it would suffice.