I Found You There *

Under The Full Moon

~ 15 years later ~

 

Sanghyuk barely listened to the sounds of Jeonghan rambling beside him about something or other. He flicked his ears towards Jeonghan who wasn’t even paying attention to where he was walking. Honestly, Jeonghan was following right beside Sanghyuk, trusting him to lead him to where they were going.

 

“Look, I understand but he has barely been paying attention to me. I’m his mate for crying out loud!” Jeonghan cried as he threw his hands up in the air and Sanghyuk stepped slightly to the side to avoid being smacked in the face with them.

 

Seriously, Sanghyuk just thought that Jeonghan was overreacting.

 

“I think you are overreacting.” Sanghyuk replied easily and calmly as he pushed a branch out of his own way before a smirk crossed his face.

 

“You don’t have a mate, you can’t say anything.” Jeonghan scoffed. “You’re twenty-one and you don’t have a mate.”

 

“I told you, I’m not interested.” Sanghyuk rolled his eyes. “And hearing your whines is putting me off even more.”

 

He let go of the branch and howled with laughter as it smacked Jeonghan right in the face. The younger spluttered and screeched at Sanghyuk who merely walked away, cackling loudly at the despair from him.

 

“ you, Sanghyuk!”

 

“You have a mate, Hannie.”

 

“I will kick your .”

 

“Good luck.”

 

Jeonghan bounded forward and smacked Sanghyuk upside his head. He muttered something under his breath about Alphas and not being respectable even though Sanghyuk was one of the most respectful people he’s ever met.

 

Sanghyuk just shook his head at Jeonghan and threw his arm around his shoulders, tugging him close to his side and waved his arm around. “Look, Seungcheol is probably really focused and distracted by work. Especially with Jiyong not being able to focus on any of his own work.”

 

Jeonghan sighed and nodded. “I know. I wish that Seungri hadn’t left. Jiyong is heart broken and he is one of our best Etas.”

 

The young Alpha sighed and nodded slowly. Seungri just upped and left one morning, leaving no note and none of their sister packs could find him either. While it had been two months, Jiyong was still distracted as he truly believed that his mate was out there and was hurt. His mate mark had faded and was barley there now and he was horrified but slowly coming to terms with the fact that Seungri just wasn’t coming back.

 

“What had Seungcheol been doing recently?” Sanghyuk asked, tilting his head to gaze at Jeonghan who just stared at his hands is despair.

 

“No idea. We don’t talk much anymore and I am devastated that our relationship is going to go downhill.” Jeonghan whimpered.

 

“Then speak to him tonight.” Sanghyuk reassured. “You have to talk and if he isn’t then you have to yourself. It won’t be that bad. Seungcheol absolutely adores you and would never leave you.”

 

Jeonghan nodded and resting his head against Sanghyuk’s shoulder. “I know.”

 

Sanghyuk craned his head and looked around. “Should we go towards the gorge? There are flowers around there, even Seungcheol’s favourite, aren’t they?”

 

“White Egret Orchids. Yeah.”

 

“Then let’s go.”

 

As they changed course to head towards the water fall, Sanghyuk found himself thinking back on his own family and what he knew of love and affection – even if it wasn’t romantic love in the slightest. Which would just be ing creepy.

 

One of the earliest memories would have had to be when Sanghyuk and Haebin were about nine years old and they were both informed that they were going to have a baby sibling. The two of them were annoyed and worried about being forgotten and pushed aside for this new family member. They had grown up learning to be loved with each other as that is how it’s been their entire life up until that point.

 

They were stupid and selfish kids, and had gone to Pyongchol and Jisung, who had kids their own age. Both found the entire thing amusing but didn’t argue as they knew that Sanghyuk and Haebin would come out of it fine and realise that they are just overreacting to having a new person in their lives.

 

Juwon and Miyong just shook their heads but their parents had reassured the twins that their parents would still love them. That they’d learn to love their baby sibling even though they think that they won’t.

 

Eventually, when Kangmin was born, Sanghyuk and Haebin realised that they were right.

 

Their baby brother was the bets thing that came into their lives, leading the two of them to mature slightly faster in order to help care for their brother when their parents were unable to do so. They taught him so many things and let him ramble and cling to them when he had nightmares or were nervous.

 

Sanghyuk could never think about his life without Kangmin there anymore.

 

His grandparents were a different case.

 

Sanghyuk had loved each of his four grandparents and was distraught at the age of ten when two of his grandmothers (Miyong’s father and Juwon’s mother) had been killed in a lightning strike and a falling tree as they walked with a few other ‘elders’ from their Sister Packs. Only three of them survived that night but died a month later.

 

Sanghyuk and Haebin had isolated themselves from the rest of the pack and the only thing to bring them back out was Kangmin who whined and whimpered when his brother and sister ignored him. The two decided to be the best wolves they could be because they knew that is something that their grandparents would want them to do.

 

Of course, this wasn’t touching on Holland, his adopted older brother.

 

Holland had been taken in as a very young child, when Miyong and Juwon decided to try for their own pups and to give Chihun and Doyeon a break from raising four pups. Holland was never an Alpha pup, which Sanghyuk was extremely thankful for.

 

He could never imagine challenging his older brother to see who would be the Alpha after their parents.

 

“I can hear you thinking.” Jeonghan said, breaking Sanghyuk from his thoughts with a nudge of his shoulders, raising his eyebrows at him. “What about?”

 

“My family. How I don’t really need a mate.” Sanghyuk explained. He really didn’t. He would be fine leading the pack by himself for a short time anyway. “And, it isn’t like anyone really wants to be my mate because of who I am.”

 

Jeonghan sighed dramatically. “I understand that. I was ogled because of my more feminine looks and it took punching them a couple of times to teach them that that isn’t what they should focus on when it comes to me.”

 

“It’s a wonder how Seungcheol even puts up with you and your dramatics.”

 

“Watch it. Your mate is going to be dramatic and clingy, mark my words.” Jeonghan declared. “And if that end sup being the case you owe me.”

 

“How much?”

 

“A fish.”

 

Sanghyuk gave Jeonghan a look. “A fish?”

 

“Yep. A Perch to be exact. My favourite type of fish.” Jeonghan smirked and Sanghyuk sweat dropped.

 

“You know I can’t fish.”

 

“Who cares. You’ll need to catch me a fish to prove I have won. And if your mate isn’t dramatic and clingy then I will catch you a Perch.” Jeonghan nodded, with a smirk upon his face.

 

Sanghyuk rolled his eyes. “If I am going to be fishing I think you should do some cooking. If I can’t fish but I have to catch you a fish then you have to cook, cause you can’t cook to save your life.”

 

“I know how to cook…basic things.” Jeonghan muttered and at Sanghyuk’s playful grin he scowled. “Shut up.”

 

“Do we have a deal, Jeonghan?”

 

“Yes, yes. Now let’s continue walking. My legs are getting tired.”

 

Sanghyuk was about to remark about Jeonghan being lazy when the bushes rustled and a red and gold wolf broke through the bushes. Holland shook his fur out before looking at them and shifting back, his loose clothes returning to his form even though they typically didn’t.

 

He gave them a once over with a raised eyebrow. “Where are you two headed?”

 

“Towards the waterfall. I am going to find White Egret Orchids for Seungcheol to remind him of who his mate it.” Jeonghan stated.

 

Holland blinked and looked over his shoulder. “Oh, that explains it. He was looking for you and so I decided to go out looking for you. I think he might be surprising you with something.”

 

“See?” Sanghyuk teased. “I told you that you were just overreacting.”

 

Jeonghan huffed and stuffed his hand into Sanghyuk’s face. “I said shut up.”

 

Holland just rolled his eyes at their antics. “You two are unbelievable. No wonder you two are such good friends.”

 

“Someone is just jealous.” Jeonghan smirked and flicked his hair behind his neck with the sassiness Sanghyuk only had ever seen him possess. “Jealous of my amazing personality.”

 

“You mean your ability to flirt your way out of any conflict?” Holland deadpanned and Sanghyuk covered his mouth with hand to stifle his laughter.

 

Jeonghan paused and shot Holland a deadly look. “Hey, you may be the scout but you can’t get out of any conflict, unlike myself. If flirting does exactly that then I will do just that. I won’t ever leave Seungcheol and he knows that. So it isn’t like he is worried about it.”

 

Holland looked away from Jeonghan. “So, Sanghyuk.” He ignored Jeonghan’s cry asking why Holland was suddenly ignoring him. “Why aren’t you helping your parents? Haebin looked really bored today.”

 

Sanghyuk shrugged. “I am worried about winter. The rain storms are going to be quite severe this year, as you know.”

 

“Yeah, but we’ve survive worse in our packs’ history. We’ll be fine.” Holland explained, ruffling Sanghyuk’s hair who just hissed at him, pulling away slightly.

 

Jeonghan continued walking and waved his hands around. “Yeah, maybe this year you’ll find your mate.”

 

Holland cackled as he followed him, ignoring Sanghyuk’s slightly irritated expression. “That would be something. Who would even deal with Sanghyuk for an extended period of time?”

 

Sanghyuk just blinked. Are there really discussing that? I’m sure I’ll find someone.

 

Sanghyuk shook his head and then paused as his ears twitched. Holland and Jeonghan both stopped in their tracks as they turned their heads to look back at their Alpha who was focused on something, eyebrows furrowed.

 

“Hyuk?” Holland asked.

 

The wind changed direction and without any warning, a strong breeze came in their direction. Now, such a strong wind wouldn’t raise any suspicion but it was what was carried on the breeze that sent shivers down their bodies.

 

The scent of blood was strong and heavy.

 

“Blood?” Jeonghan asked weakly. “I know it is possible for wolves to be lost during Summer but usually it happens during Winter when food is low.”

 

Holland was about to make a rational comment when Sanghyuk shifted into his wolf form, before bursting into an immediate sprint. Following the scent tracks to whoever was bleeding out and possibly near death judging by how much blood seemed to be in the air.

 

He heard Holland and Jeonghan’s cries and then their own paw steps following right after. Seems like they realised that Sanghyuk wasn’t going to respond or listen to them.

 

Someone was in trouble and he should be there to help them. It was his duty, wasn’t it?

 

He skidded around one of the many large oak trees and skidded to a halt as he blinked at the sight in front of him. While he should react faster, what he was seeing was one thing that surprised him, considering that nothing could have prepared him for it.

 

The grass was covered in a faint layer of dew, the canopy above them had cast everything in shadow but it did nothing to hide the figure on the grass.

 

Laying, collapsed most likely from blood loss, was a pure white wolf, its fur was stained with blood. Its body was slim and thin, very little muscle was remaining on his bones. Looks like he had had a rough life and ended up collapsing on their territory.

 

Sanghyuk stepped forward slightly, ears pulling forward as Jeonghan and Holland stopped right behind him.

 

Jeonghan hissed quietly. “Ya know, if he wasn’t covered in blood and had some muscle and fat on him, he’d look really attractive laying in field, sheltered in shadows and surrounded by flowers.” He gave Sanghyuk a pointed look who just turned to his brother instead.

 

“Is he...?” Sanghyuk trailed off, not wanting to continue on with that question.

 

Holland understood though and approached the wolf carefully, looking over him. “Yeah, he’s alive. Weak but still with us.”

 

Holland must’ve disturbed the wolf because one second he was asleep and the next he was wide awake. Aqua eyes snapping open before recoiling up in shock and panic. Gaze flicking around the three of them and then at his surroundings.

 

Sanghyuk could hear the racing breath as Holland quickly stepped away from him.

 

Jeonghan placed his paw against Sanghyuk and spoke easily and calmly. “He’s panicky and afraid. Be careful and calm, Sanghyuk. I am worried he may go into a panic attack.”

 

Sanghyuk nodded and stepped forward, drawing the wolf’s attention towards him. Blearily he wondered if he was the same wolf as the wolf pup he met all those years ago. White wolves were rare after all.

 

“Hey. Hey. We won’t hurt you.” Sanghyuk murmured. “We promise.”

 

The wolf shook its head and shrunk away causing Sanghyuk to stop in his tracks, glancing at Holland and Jeonghan with a worried expression. He was absolutely terrified. What could they do to calm him down?

 

“What do we do, Hyuk?” Holland asked, keeping his eyes on the white wolf who snapped his head towards him before looking away, tail twitching.

 

Even though he looked barely able to hold himself up, Sanghyuk was suspecting that he’d bolt. He was in no condition to do any strenuous activities in general, lest he hurt himself even more.

 

“Alpha.” Jeonghan called out to Sanghyuk and the white stranger suddenly puffed out his fur.

 

“Sanghyuk!” Holland cried, crouching as he prepared himself to leap forward.

 

There was no need to, however, as the wolf tried to run away but only managed to make it a few steps before his entire body shook. Sanghyuk broke into a sprint to reach him just before he slammed into the ground, injuring himself further. His paws scrapped against the grass, struggling to get a footing but managed to hold himself and the now unconscious wolf up against him.

 

Jeonghan stared at the wolf with worry as he came running up, pressing his body against the wolf’s as well. He sniffed over him, whining softly at the stench of blood. Looks like he’ll need to have a bath first and foremost before anything. Get those wounds clean and see the full amount of damage.

 

“We need to get him home!” Jeonghan declared, looking at Holland. “I’m worried he won’t make it if we dawdle any longer.

 

“Then we must leave now.” Holland said and Sanghyuk was able to crouch, allowing Jeonghan and Holland to pull the wolf onto his back.

 

He was small and light. His height was even smaller than Jeonghan, and Jeonghan was only five feet tall. Though Sanghyuk stood at seven feet as a wolf, so everyone was smaller than him. The light weightiness of the wolf stressed Sanghyuk slightly, it seemed like he hadn’t eaten in quite some time. Adding that onto his wounds and blood loss, it was no surprise he had fainted.

 

A simple sniff lead Sanghyuk to realise that those wounds came from whatever pack he was from, probably chased him off. For numerous reasons but the actual one wasn’t clear, and Sanghyuk didn’t want to pry. That was the last thing he wanted to do.

 

His Alpha whined and growled at the mere thought of someone attacking this wolf, and Sanghyuk squashed it down. Why was his wolf suddenly getting extremely protective of him? He’d just met the guys after all.

 

Jeonghan murmured as he raced alongside Sanghyuk, he and Holland having to push themselves to keep up. “I hope we aren’t too late.”

 

We’re not. His Alpha growled. He is going to live. He has to live.