Right To Be Suspicious *

Under The Full Moon

Sanghyuk could hear his wolf huffing and grumbling as he paced around in the waiting room of the hospital. Ears twitching as he tried listening in on the quarantine room that the white wolf was resting in.

 

Daesung was checking over his vitals, just making sure that the wolf would actually heal properly without any lasting damage. Sanghyuk was thankful that he was able to put all of his attention on the wolf, it meant that he could be observed more regularly.

 

It had been a couple of days, and Daesung had informed Sanghyuk that after another week and a half the wolf should be able to leave the hospital or be moved into another room.

 

“Relax.”

 

Sanghyuk wasn’t one to be jumpy but he was not expecting Eunkwang’s random remark from right behind him that caused him to let out a loud yelp of surprise. He snapped around to see Eunkwang leaning against the wall nearest the door to the hospital and his eyebrow was raised as he studied the young Alpha.

 

“Eunkwang.” Sanghyuk sighed and forced his shoulders to relax, sensing that Eunkwang had come in here to basically snap at him for being so antsy.

 

“You know the entire pack can feel your apprehension.” Eunkwang stated bluntly.

 

Sanghyuk grumbled. “And?”

 

“The pups had be taken out of the town and given something to do. They were getting antsy themselves and were causing a bit of trouble.”

 

“Kangmin?” Sanghyuk perked up, wondering if his brother was causing a commotion with his best friends. It wouldn’t exactly be in Kangmin’s nature but if he was being affected by Sanghyuk’s mood then probably.

 

“Not really. He was pretty calm but joined the other pups after your parents basically instructed the pups be taken out of the town for a little while.” Eunkwang nodded and glanced over his shoulder. “They’ll get someone when it is calmer here.”

 

Sanghyuk rubbed his face. “I’m sorry.”

 

“Don’t be.” Eunkwang sent a reassuring smile towards Sanghyuk who he could tell was distressed even if it was only slightly.

 

Suddenly, Sanghyuk perked up upon realising what Eunkwang just said. “Wait, why aren’t you with your brats?”

 

Eunkwang rolled his eyes and flicked his tail. “First of all, Sakang and Aara aren’t brats.”

 

“Of course you won’t consider your children as brats.” Sanghyuk snickered as Eunkwang narrowed his eyes at him.

 

“You are the only brat I have ever known.”

 

“You love me.”

 

“Don’t get a head of yourself, brat. You may be our future Alpha but that means nothing.” Eunkwang muttered.

 

Sanghyuk scoffed. “Anyway, you didn’t answer my question. Why aren’t you with your brats?”

 

“They are with Jinki and Caria. I said I’ll meet up with them after having a word with you.” Eunkwang explained.

 

“I’m guessing it just doesn’t include the whole my emotions and nervous demeanour, right?” Sanghyuk raised an eyebrow and Eunkwang nodded.

 

Sanghyuk wasn’t surprised, as he and Eunkwang were quite close. While Sanghyuk was close with almost every member of the pack , Sanghyuk really stuck with Eunkwang even with his best friends of Sungjae, Hakyeon, Jaehwan, Seungcheol, Jeonghan and Dongheon. Eunkwang was the only wolf who has lived in each of their sister packs and therefore was one of the most reliable wolves Sanghyuk has ever met.

 

“Yeah, I was worried about your feelings towards this wolf.” Eunkwang glanced in the direction of the quarantine rooms. “Even your parents were worried about it. You haven’t been focusing as much and Haebin is stressed over being kept in the position of heir until you get back into your right mindset.”

 

Sanghyuk felt his shoulders sag and hung his head.

 

Yeah, he needed to apologise to his sister. Haebin just isn’t used to the pressure of being heir and everything about that in general.

 

“I’ll get on that ASAP. I was just stressed and knew that the wolf would know me, therefore Daesung wanted me around because he might calm down around a wolf that he knows.” Sanghyuk knew he was only slightly lying. Plus, he also wanted to get away from his duties and his parents understood.

 

Eunkwang was about to say something else when a cry came out. “Alpha!”

 

The two males turned to see Solmi burst through the door, her ears and tail were twitching. Parts of her skin had broken out into tufts of fur to further indicate her clear and evident panic.

 

“Solmi?” Eunkwang asked and Sanghyuk pushed forward and sent out a reassuring wave towards her. She calmed down and shook out her body, allowing her fur to lay down.

 

“I…I have news.” She looked between Eunkwang and Sanghyuk before focusing on the future Alpha. “Your parents were informed of a stranger wolf on our territory that I found. They asked me to ask you to head off and see what it wants.”

 

Sanghyuk nodded and pressed his shoulder against hers, comforting her ever so slightly. It was the most he could do as of right now. “Very well. Go and tell my parents that I will do just that. I may take a couple of others with me, along with you considering you know exactly where this wolf is.”

 

Solmi smiled and nodded at him. “Yes, Sanghyuk.” She smiled at Eunkwang before turning on her heel and quickly leaving. Probably finding being around Eunkwang too awkward.

 

“Have you spoken to her?” Sanghyuk asked, knowing the older was very much interested in Solmi a while ago but had noticeably backed off. Though that had something to do with the fact that Wonshik had began courting her, hoping to cement their relationship by the time winter rolled around.

 

He wondered how Eunkwang took the news.

 

“Yes.” Eunkwang nodded and left the building alongside Sanghyuk. “Do not think too lowly of me, Hyuk. I congratulated her and Wonshik that is all. She is happy with him.”

 

“She could’ve been happy with you.” Sanghyuk pointed out though it was too late now.

 

He knew Wonshik was holding back on Solmi because he knew of Eunkwang and Solmi’s feelings towards each other. It wasn’t until Eunkwang stopped being around her that he stepped in. Thankfully, Solmi does love Wonshik – perhaps more so than she loved Eunkwang.

 

He shrugged. “Perhaps. But that isn’t important. They are happy and I’m glad that she found someone to love her as much as she deserved.”

 

“Are you claiming you didn’t?”

 

“No. I have two pups, granted they aren’t mine but were one of my friend’s. You know the story.” Sanghyuk did. Eunkwang’s best friend and his mate died two years after Aara was born and Eunkwang took them in. “I was ready to care for pups but Solmi wasn’t so I distanced myself. She may have liked them but she didn’t want pups.”

 

Sanghyuk nodded, deciding against arguing with Eunkwang any further on this topic. It was a sensitive topic after all and not one he really wanted to dwell on all too much.

 

“Anyway, who are you taking with you? Aside from Wonshik and Solmi?” Eunkwang asked and Sanghyuk gazed around the town with a tilted head as he contemplated who he should bring.

 

“Tao, Seungcheol, Bora and Gyehyeon.” Sanghyuk answered. “Gyehyeon may be risky but as a training warrior he should learn about stranger wolves that may enter this part of the territory despite how rare they may be.”

 

“Good choices.” Eunkwang nodded. “Well, I should go to the pups and you should head off.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

The wind picked up ever so slightly as the sun began to set. The night would be cold and Sanghyuk hoped they could get back to town before it got too dark and cold. None of them had grown into their full winter fur yet.

 

Except Gyehyeon but younger wolves were always fluffier and he’d lose that fluffiness during spring and summer once he turned eighteen. However, he was still a year or two out from that. So fluffy wolf it was. Also, Sanghyuk’s fur was fluffier than the others but Alphas normally are, it’s to help make them look bigger and larger.

 

Tao was silent as he walked alongside Seungcheol, both keeping their ears pricked for any noises of other wolves around them. Both clearly made it known that the wolf could’ve left the territory by now, yet under Sanghyuk’s instructions they remained nearby.

 

Bora walked just behind Sanghyuk, sniffing around everything for an unknown scent. She was one of their best trackers, which is why Sanghyuk wanted her to tag along.

 

“They are being all cute.” Gyehyeon muttered as he leaped forward to walk beside his future Alpha, shooting a glance over his shoulder at Wonshik and Solmi. “And isn’t Solmi meant to be guiding us?”

 

Sanghyuk held back a laugh at his annoyed tone and words. “She is guiding us.”

 

Gyehyeon sent him a deadpanned look. “By walking behind us? That doesn’t sound right.”

 

“Well, she is. So be nice and quiet.” Sanghyuk said. “I want to test your ability to track and figure out if a wolf is potentially dangerous or not.”

 

“Why me?” Gyehyeon wanted to argue as he scuffed the ground. “I’m the youngest warrior.”

 

“That is why I wanted you to come along with us. You are the youngest warrior, even though you aren’t a fully-fledged warrior yet.” Sanghyuk said, resting his tail on Gyehyeon’s back. “Look, you have something to boast about to Kris when you get home.”

 

Gyehyeon smirked and puffed out his chest. “Well, that makes this whole thing better.” He sounded excited and grinned brightly at the Alpha who just chuckled at him.

 

He then looked back at Wonshik and Solmi and rolled his eyes. “Do you really have to show off your mate like that? It’s as if they are making fun of us who are alone.”

 

“Only three of us are single.” Sanghyuk said, shaking his head at Gyehyeon.

 

“Yeah, and you don’t want a mate anyway.” Bora snapped. “Especially if you don’t know the wolf properly until they try courting you.”

 

Gyehyeon glanced at Bora. “Won’t I be the one doing the courting?”

 

Sanghyuk answered before Bora could go into her numerous comments on useless wolves who always mislead the wolf that they tried courting. Sometimes even not realising what kind of wolf and person they are until the courting phase of the relationship.

 

“Yes and no. Female wolves can do the courting just as much. However, they rarely do because of the way male wolves tend to react to that.”

 

Gyehyeon muttered. “I don’t want a mate. They seem like too much of a hassle.”

 

Sanghyuk snickered as he noticed Tao and Seungcheol glance at them. “Don’t say that. Perhaps you’ll find someone or not. It isn’t an issue if you don’t.”

 

“You don’t.” Bora declared loudly. “You may end up finding a wolf outside of our pack and be misled even further.”

 

Gyehyeon snickered quietly as Sanghyuk told Bora to be quiet. “We don’t know if the wolf is still around.”

 

“Just ignore her. She just wants a mate and can’t find one.” Solmi said. “But that wolf should be here. We aren’t too far now.”

 

“I don’t need a mate.” Bora said simply and Sanghyuk felt pride for her. She was right. Having a mate doesn’t define a wolf. You don’t need a mate in your life.

 

“Good.” Tao said as he flicked Gyehyeon with his tail, ignoring the splutter from the younger. “I think I hear something ahead of us anyway.”

 

Sanghyuk stopped at Tao’s words and growled softly to himself. Seungcheol pressed against him and scented the air before glancing at him.

 

“Sanghyuk?”

 

“There is a wolf out here. Keep your eyes and ears peeled.” Sanghyuk barked. “I can scent four wolves, but two are closer than the other two. Be careful even though we can take several at once I don’t want any of us to get jumped.”

 

Seungcheol nodded as Sanghyuk bounded forward and bolting after him. His paws digging up the ground slightly as he managed to almost keep up with him. He heard Wonshik running right beside him, the Beta was clearly not too bothered with Sanghyuk’s speed as his rank proved he could keep up with him with more ease.

 

Sanghyuk slowed to a walk after a few beats and then fully stopped as he stared at two wolves who had snapped their heads towards him upon realising that they were noticed by another wolf. A wolf who’s territory they were very clearly trespassing on. They shared a look with each other but when the others showed up they realised that running would probably be the worst option that they could take.

 

Sanghyuk sniffed the air.

 

The Evening Pack.

 

One of their old sister packs that ended up leaving their pack so many generations ago.

 

“I am aware that you two do know you are trespassing on our territory. Of course you’d be foolish to not realise that you are no longer on your territory.” Sanghyuk said coolly and evenly as he took a step forward, not fully bothered when they stiffened.

 

Hey, it’s their fault that they are on his territory after all. They should’ve expected this if they decided to walk so far into the territory.

 

It bothered Sanghyuk that there is an easy way to enter their territory, most likely via the mountain ranges that loomed ahead of them. Beyond on that was two sister packs and then a little further is the Evening Pack.

 

“We will be out of your fur in a litter while.” One replied, not sounding too worried about being here.

 

Sanghyuk should really change that.

 

“Oh? Then why are you here? If you want something on our territory certainly you could’ve asked one of our wolves yourself instead of crossing territory borders like you are right now.” Sanghyuk stated and looked around. “Speaking of which, where are your two fellow pack mates?”

 

“We don’t have anyone else. It’s just the two of us.” The lie was evident and Sanghyuk could hear Gyehyeon’s snort of dissatisfaction at his Alpha being blatantly lied to by two wolves who thought they could get away with this.

 

“Oh? Is that so?” Sanghyuk asked, stepping forward again with Seungcheol and Wonshik right by his side. “Do your Alphas know you two are here, Evening Pack wolves?”

 

“Yes.”

 

Seems like Sanghyuk had something to say to their Alpha when they next meet. One does not allow their wolves to cross borders, especially if your relationship with them isn’t the best relationship in the entire world. Sanghyuk lashed his tail but barked quietly to force Seungcheol and Wonshik to step back, knowing that they’d jump to protect him.

 

“Why are you trespassing on my territory or are the two of you so ignorant that you are unable to tell you are facing the heir of Moon Shadows?” Sanghyuk growled and raised his head to show that their presence was more of an annoyance than anything else.

 

The two wolves shared a look and quiet words were exchanged between them. Sanghyuk glanced at Wonshik who relaxed his body deliberately to ease Sanghyuk’s worry that he might do something. He wasn’t worried about that though.

 

Wonshik was a very calm wolf except when it comes to wolves attacking his pack. Much like Sanghyuk was in general.

 

“If you really want to know.” The older wolf said, meeting Sanghyuk’s gaze without fear.

 

“Clearly.”

 

“We are looking for a wolf.”

 

Bora made an annoyed noise within . “You have to be more precise than that. Many wolves cross our territory at all times of the year. We meet many wolves ourselves and there are almost six hundred people in our pack as a whole.”

 

“It is…A unique wolf. Their fur is pure white.” The younger wolf answered, ears flicking from side to side.

 

A pure. White. Wolf.

 

Sanghyuk felt shock fill his body and noticed Seungcheol shoot him a curious expression. Jeonghan had told him about the white wolf that they found on their territory, so clearly Seungcheol was aware of why Sanghyuk had suddenly stiffened in shock.

 

“Why?” Sanghyuk said, snapping out of his shock. He could worry about his shock on a later date.

 

“Because we have met his old pack.”

 

Sanghyuk almost reeled back and heard soft murmuring from his pack mates, Seungcheol wanting to snarl at the implication that they were presenting of a wolf they were looking forward. He must be being hunted down by his old pack, which can bet he case in some circumstances.

 

However, Sanghyuk doubted that the white wolf who looked on the verge of death would’ve been able to do anything considering even his claws were very dull and small. They wouldn’t be any kind of threat and he never even bared his teeth in fear or a threat.

 

“And what does his old pack want with him? It must be important if they are getting another pack to look for him.” Sanghyuk said.

 

The older wolf looked surprised before smirked. “So, you do know what wolf we are talking about. I didn’t mention a .”

 

“What, is it a female? Cause I have only seen one white-ish wolf during three months.” Sanghyuk lied easily and noticed his pack send him confused looks.

 

Sanghyuk really didn’t know why he was so protective of that wolf. He knew next to nothing about him and yet was willing to protect him from a bunch of other wolves. Heck, he didn’t even know his history or why the pack was searching for him.

 

“No. It is indeed a female white wolf we are looking for.” A grumble as the wolves looked away and their two friends joined them and looked at Sanghyuk and his little group.

 

“Then no. We have only met a male wolf that seems to fit that description.” Sanghyuk replied with a shrug. “Perhaps we may keep an eye out for her, but no promises.”

 

The four wolves muttered between each other.

 

One of them was daring however, and broke in. “Are you sure you don’t want us to look at the wolf, since we know what we are looking for.”

 

“Yeah.” Another spoke. “We were told she is capable of fooling others to believe she is actually a male instead of revealing her real .”

 

“Now why would she try to hide that?” Bora asked as she and Solmi growled lowly. “No female wolf would hide her real unless something happened to her.”

 

Bora was right. Even human males with female wolves rarely hid their wolf unless they were taught to hate them. Sanghyuk worried about the wolf, just in case it actually was a female but managed to manipulate her pheromones to make them believe she was a male.

 

He couldn’t blame her if she had a terrible history when it comes to mistreatment.

 

“No idea. Her pack was tight lipped about the entire thing but claimed she was a threat and should be found and captured.” The dark brown wolf shook his fur out and sat on the ground. “So, we are going to find her and bring her back.”

 

“No.”

 

Sanghyuk snarled lowly and bared his teeth. “Whether this wolf is the one you are told to find, you have no right to be on my territory. You are threatening the life of a possible innocent wolf, and if by some chance that the wolf I met a while ago is indeed the wolf you are looking for – we will deal with them ourselves.”

 

“What if they aren’t the same wolf and you find the female?” The wolf snapped back, playing with fire.

 

“Then we will deal with her. You have no right for her anyway. If she ran away from her pack, they have no right to deal with her.” Sanghyuk growled.

 

The four wolves shared looks, probably questioning if they should stay on the territory and push their luck any further. Sanghyuk couldn’t blame them, his Alpha was growling and growing threatened and panicked over the safety of this wolf.

 

“Fine.” The Evening Pack wolves seemed to realise they were fighting a losing battle. “We’ll go. But we will be back.”

 

“If I catch any of you on this territory again, there will be a price to pay.” Sanghyuk snarled as he reared up onto his back paws. “Look, you should be thankful I have let you four go without any actual threats, however I will not repeat myself again.”

 

They hesitated and Sanghyuk growled loudly.

 

“Now, get off our territory or do you want to find out why Moon Shadows is a feared pack!?”

 

The wolves turned around and quickly rushed back to their territory, not wanting to piss off an Alpha that clearly looked as though he was running out of patience with them in general.

 

Bora huffed as Solmi spoke up. “That could’ve turned out worse.”

 

Gyehyeon looked at Sanghyuk and spoke something all of them must’ve been thinking. “Is the wolf you found a female or male?”

 

Sanghyuk frowned and shook his head. “I don’t know. They…They smelt like a male wolf so I just suspected that was exactly what he is. Now – now I’m not so sure.”

 

Seungcheol frowned. “Regardless, he was badly injured on the verge of death right? Was that blood his own?”

 

Sanghyuk nodded. “Yeah, it took Daesung hours to get rid of it all.” He turned to walk back to town but turned to Solmi and Wonshik, rethinking his decision to let them go. “Make sure they leave the territory. Fight them if you need to.”

 

“You want me to fight them if they put up a fight?” Wonshik asked, surprised and Sanghyuk knew it sounded bad but nodded, brushing off his concerns.

 

“Yes.”

 

Wonshik and Solmi shared a look before following the wolves. “Yes, Alpha.”

 

Tao spoke up. “Okay…Something is up. You don’t ever condone fighting to prove a point.”

 

Sanghyuk growled and shook his head. “Let’s just get back to town. I need to inform my parents of this.”

 

Seungcheol muttered. “We know you don’t want to talk about it, but whatever. You’re right. We should go back, I’m hungry.”

 

Bora rolled her eyes at his comment.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“So, the white wolf you found could be being hunted by their old pack.”

 

Sanghyuk nodded as Juwon relaxed in his chair with a low hum. “Yeah, but I don’t even know for sure if he is a male or a female. We don’t want to test it, because they don’t trust us at all. Doing so would push them further away.”

 

Miyong smiled warmly at her son. “Don’t worry about it, Hyuk. The Evening Pack will learn their lesson to not step onto our territory for quite some time.”

 

“I just hope that is the case.” Sanghyuk sighed and looked out the window towards the hospital.

 

The sky was dark, but the lights of the hospital seemed to draw him towards it. His Alpha was begging to see the wolf for himself and hope that he was okay and still safe in his room. Sanghyuk would be able to go into quarantine rooms because the chances of him (and other Alphas) getting sick was much lower than lower ranking wolves.

 

“Go on.” Juwon said, seemingly understanding that Sanghyuk wanted to go and see the wolf.

 

Sanghyuk looked at his parents and smiled at them as made his way to the door to leave. “I won’t be gone for long.”

 

“Chonghui mentioned to us that the wolf could be mute but seemed to understand our words.” Miyong explained when Sanghyuk’s hand rested on the door handle.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, but he hasn’t eaten for them at all today. Perhaps you should bring him something to eat before you head over. Hopefully Haebin, Holland, Kangmin, Felix and Harper have left some food in the fridge.” Miyong giggled.

 

Sanghyuk sighed. Of course Kangmin had brought his two best friends over when Sanghyuk wasn’t in the town at sunset. It meant they could be louder than normal since Sanghyuk wasn’t in the building.

 

A mute wolf. Sanghyuk could deal with that.

 

“Okay.” Sanghyuk nodded and made his way towards the kitchen. Let’s just hope that there is food available.

 

He heard Haebin talking on the phone with one of her friends from their sister pack, and when he entered the kitchen he saw her perched on the counter. Her legs were kicking back and forth and when she noticed his amused look she said her farewells before hanging up.

 

“Getting food for the wolf?” Haebin asked.

 

“Yep.” Sanghyuk rummaged around and found some roast chicken and vegetables. He pulled it out and shot his twin a look. “Mum would throw a fit if she caught you on the counter.”

 

“But mum isn’t here.”

 

“Mum has eyes everywhere.”

 

“If that is truly the case she would yell at me but she hasn’t.” Haebin rested her arms on her knees and leaned her chin on his palms. “So I am gonna sit up here until she does.”

 

“You’re gonna regret that, punk.” Sanghyuk teased as he kicked out at her leg and she screeched at him while he laughed at her.

 

“Whatever you say, !”

 

Sanghyuk just cackled and Haebin leaned back and gazed out the window.

 

“Bin?”

 

“You have to go back to the meetings. They are so incredibly boring.” Haebin shot him a deadly look and Sanghyuk just shook his head.

 

“I was going to, relax.”

 

“Good. Now piss off.”

 

“I was about the leave and you spoke up.”

 

“No I didn’t. You spoke back to me.”

 

Sanghyuk made a loud ‘lalalala’ as he moved the leave the house as Haebin just hissed at him.

 

Sanghyuk knew that Haebin would leave to her room, lest their mother does find her sitting on the counter. And then promptly make her clean the entire kitchen like ten times over as a punishment. Haebin hated doing just that and therefore made Sanghyuk do as much as she could get away with.

 

Entering the hospital, Sanghyuk noticed Daesung and Hakyeon sitting together on the couches, drinking away at their drinks. Sanghyuk raised his eyebrows, wondering just why his friends were talking instead of doing their jobs.

 

Seems like they actually had some free time as of right now.

 

“Oh, Sanghyuk.” Hakyeon looked up and grinned warmly up at the younger who stop in his tracks. “I am surprised you are here.”

 

“I have some food for the wolf.” Sanghyuk said and raised the box with the food. “Maybe he’ll like something a bit greasier. I know I do.”

 

Daesung shook his head. “Watch as that is the food he eats.”

 

“It is a male?” Sanghyuk asked, hoping that he was but his Alpha whined and snapped at him for still claiming that he was a male wolf.

 

“We don’t know for sure. We think so but we can’t actually check just yet.” Daesung said and adjusted himself on the chair. “Now, go on. Hakyeon and I have to talk.”

 

“Well, I was gonna leave anyway. I don’t want to deal with your flirting.” Sanghyuk responded and quickly made his way towards the room while he heard Daesung and Hakyeon spluttered and yelled at him. His cackles echoed down the hallway but he calmed himself down as he reached the door.

 

He took a deep breath and caught the scent of the strange wolf before opening the door to poke his head into the room to take in the sight of the room.

 

It was so plain and bland that Sanghyuk felt sorry for him. He couldn’t stand being in such a white room without the ability to make it your own kind of room. Not without pissing off Chonghui.

 

“Hey.” He said as the white wolf looked up at him. His paws flexed slightly and his small claws dug into the bed sheets. “You remember me, don’t you?”

 

The wolf just blinked at him and seemed confused as to where he knows him from. His aqua eyes burned into his body but seemed to recognise Sanghyuk’s golden eyes from a few days ago.’

 

He relaxed and settled onto the bed, seemingly understanding that Sanghyuk wasn’t a danger to himself.

 

“I brought you into town after you collapsed a few days ago.” Sanghyuk explained. “Can I enter the room? I promise I won’t do anything to you.”

 

A white ear flicked as the wolf nodded slowly but didn’t remove his eyes from Sanghyuk’s body. Sanghyuk entered and placed the box on the table, catching his attention and perking up. The lid was taken off and the room was full of the beautiful scent of the cooked food.

 

“It’s roast chicken and vegetables. Sometime you just need to eat food that is fatty when you are healing because it gives you some excess fat and such to use while healing.” Sanghyuk stepped away and motioned towards the clothes. “Do they fit you?”

 

The wolf nodded as it stood up on the bed.

 

“Then, you should shift and get dressed to eat. The food will be more helpful as a human, I promise.” Sanghyuk said and turned away. “I won’t look.”

 

He heard the shifting of bones and fur, and then the rustling of clothes. Footsteps stopped at the bed and Sanghyuk twitched his ear, he wasn’t going to turn around until the wolf gave him permission to turn around.

 

He heard a chuff which was all the permission Sanghyuk was going to get. He turned back around to see the human perched on the bed, sniffing the food but kept his gaze on Sanghyuk. Looking confused and tail twitching ever so slightly.

 

“I’m Sanghyuk, the future Alpha of this pack.” Sanghyuk introduced himself. “This pack is called Moon Shadows, the largest pack in the area.”

 

The wolf sniffed and nodded slowly as he raised a piece of the chicken to eat. He ate slowly but it was better than not eating in general. That made Sanghyuk feel comforted.

 

After swallowing the chicken, the wolf got caught up in how delicious it was and quickly began eating the rest of the food. Uncaring how Sanghyuk’s presence in the room alongside him.

 

Sanghyuk studied the wolf now that the food had his attention. His skin was pale, darker than his white fur but still paler than what Sanghyuk was used to seeing in his own pack. He had very faint freckles scattered across his cheeks and nose, making him look so much cuter, but Sanghyuk quickly pushed that thought away.

 

There was one major scar on his cheek, and the faint discolouration was still pretty obvious. Sanghyuk wondered what had happened to him that he had been struck with very obvious sharp claws. His Alpha snarled at the suggestion someone had harmed him.

 

The wolf glanced at him before shying away and Sanghyuk jumped slightly. Man, he must’ve been spacing out studying him closely to get a good sense of him. Okay, so he was a male human, but his wolf could also be a female – many of his pack mates were the same.

 

“Do you have a name?” Sanghyuk asked and the wolf shrugged before nodding slowly. “Do you want to go by your old name?”

 

He hissed and growled, baring his teeth for once. Okay, so using his old name was a definite no-go. Sanghyuk made a mental note of that, hopefully any name they decided to give him was nothing like his old name.

 

“So, you want a new name?” Sanghyuk asked. “I have a few options.”

 

The wolf calmed down and nodded.

 

Sanghyuk thought through all the names he thought of and one came to mind. One of the first pale wolves in Moon Shadows history. He was a wonderful member of their pack and helped them spread peace through out the packs around them.

 

“How about…Taekwoon?” Sanghyuk suggested and smiled warmly and the wolf tilted his head.

 

He his lips as he contemplated the entire thing before breaking out in a smile. “I like it.”

 

Sanghyuk was taken aback by his smile that sent a warm shiver down his spine. Also, his voice was so soft and barely heard over the pounding of Sanghyuk’s heart but he still made it out.

 

Damn, he was cute as.

 

“Okay, very well, Taekwoon.” Sanghyuk smiled at the white wolf.