I Just Need To Breathe *

Under The Full Moon

“!”

 

Sanghyuk reeled back as pain shot up his wrist after catching a tile and promptly had to let go of it because he misjudged how healed up his wrist was. Or the lack of healing anyway. Considering how much pain he was now in because of his stupid mistake.

 

Jinki looked up from where he was situated on the panelling. “Sanghyuk! Watch it!”

 

“Sorry.” Sanghyuk said, tail flicking in mild irritation at himself. He should know and do better than this. How many mistakes has he made thus far?

 

“Are you alright?’ Dongheon asked as he moved himself to sit closer to Sanghyuk and assist him with the tiles. “You know you can leave and stop working here-“

 

“I’m fine.” Sanghyuk forced out despite the pain in his wrist saying otherwise. “I just misjudged it. Anyone would do it.”

 

Dongheon snorted and muttered lowly. “Anyone else would sit out on helping with building if their wrist was ed up.”

 

“I said I’m fine.” Sanghyuk insisted. “And it’s not even that bad.”

 

Dongheon did not look like he believed him. Which was fine by Sanghyuk’s standards. As long as Dongheon didn’t suddenly push for him to take a break, everyone knew Sanghyuk wouldn’t do that. Not when he felt like he was capable of actually working.

 

“At least take it easy.”

 

“Easier said than done.” Sanghyuk stretched his arms up.

 

His friend met his gaze before muttering, “stupid annoying and stubborn Alphas are always so difficult” under his breath but didn’t bother snapping this out at Sanghyuk. He knew it was pointless and a battle not worth having.

 

However, the strain was beginning to get to him, along with the sweat building up along his skin. Causing his clothes to skin uncomfortably to his body. Sanghyuk held back a scowl at the sensation.

 

Sanghyuk rested his hands against one of the wooden pillars, sighing and leaned his forehead on his left arm which was baring majority of his weight. Dongheon moved about accordingly, shifting some items and objects away from the weary Alpha in front of him.

 

“Tired already?” Seungcheol asked, raising his head from where he was working.

 

Sanghyuk scowled at him and turned away with a bitter growl. “No.”

 

“I bet you are~”

 

Seungcheol sounded way too smug for Sanghyuk’s liking. Except there wasn’t much he could do otherwise. Unless he wanted to get snapped at by Jinki for slacking off.

 

Yongseung laughed from where he was working on reinforcing the walls.

 

Sanghyuk really hoped the younger was focused on his work but Dongheon suddenly barked at him. “Yongseung! You are meant to focus on work.”

 

“I am!” He protested, pouting, knowing that Dongheon was a weak man for his pouting look.

 

“Less talking then.”

 

The younger wolf huffed but turned away. Apparently the pout wasn’t working on Dongheon today. Sanghyuk raised an eyebrow but Dongheon sent him a warning look.

 

Seems like Dongheon’s worry for him made him immune to puppy eyes.

 

“Anyway,” Sanghyuk said, turning back to Seungcheol. “It’s just hot.”

 

“It’s almost winter.” Seungcheol furrowed his brows. “It can’t be hot or are you reacting to the weather more than the rest of us?”

 

“Probably.” Sanghyuk shrugged. “But what’s your point?”

 

“It’s getting colder. By the day I might add.”

 

“Again; your point?”

 

Seungcheol scowled and leaned over to shove Sanghyuk’s shoulder. However, the Alpha didn’t budge and only chuckled as Seungcheol huffed at it all. “Try doing this majority of the time when there needs to have building done.”

 

Sanghyuk raised his hand, noting that there were small patches of red on the white bandages. “Yeah, well, my wrist is ed up. So I have an excuse.”

 

Haebin raised her gaze and scowled at him. “Whatever you say, jackass. Your wrist is bleeding again.”

 

Sanghyuk bit the inside of his cheek. “No it isn’t.”

 

Jinki raised his head. “Sanghyuk-“

 

“I’m fine.”

 

He didn’t mean for his tone to come out harsher and more irritable but he was. Sure, he should go easy on his wrist but it wasn’t acting as a hinderance to his work performance. While it wasn’t that painful he was just going to keep an eye on it.

 

Jinki didn’t look like he believed him and just sighed. “Fine. Just get back to work, all of you.”

 

“Yes, Jinki.” Haebin replied for all of them and turned back to the tiles that were piled beside her.

 

Seungcheol leaned back and turned to look at the female Alpha. “Can you pass me a tile?”

 

“No.”

 

Seungcheol gave Haebin a disbelieving look and she stifled a smile behind her hand. Sanghyuk sniggered at the sight and Dongheon merely rolled his eyes at them.

 

“Haebin come on~” Seungcheol whined as he leaned back and tried grabbed a tile but Haebin merely pushed the tiles further away from him with her foot. Seungcheol scowled and Sanghyuk couldn’t help the laugh that burst through his lips.

 

Man, he really missed seeing his pack act like a pack.

 

Dongheon reached over, muttering to Haebin. “You could be nice ya know.” He grabbed one of the many tiles and handed it to Seungcheol who was incredibly thankful for it.

 

Haebin huffed and rolled her eyes. “I was going to give it to him eventually.”

 

“How long is ‘eventually’?” Dongheon amused and Haebin scoffed.

 

Sanghyuk paused and narrowed his eyes. He knew Dongheon and Haebin were good friends but he thought that is all they were, but Haebin’s cheeks began to redden slightly. Was something going on between them.

 

Haebin scowled at him when she turned her head back to face him. Her cheeks were still pink but much less noticeable to the normal eye. Sanghyuk snorted and turned back to his job. He could worry and the potential relationship between Dongheon and Haebin at a later date.

 

Shaking his head, Sanghyuk turned his gaze down to the ground, wondering if there was anyone watching the building happening. There was usually a few wolves that hung around.

 

That’s mainly because there were a few occasions where wolves would fall because they were unable to keep their balance properly.

 

His ear flicked and paused.

 

He saw Minseok and Yeseul sitting below, though they weren’t watching them. Seemingly caught up in a conversation of their own, barley batting an eye to Jinki snapping at them to focus. However it was Taekwoon approaching them that caught Sanghyuk’s attention.

 

He looked as though he had just come back from helping out at one of the farms outside of the town. Hair sticking up from drying out the sweat that had probably caused it to stick to his head previously. His clothes were quite baggy and dirt had cacked itself to the bottom of the pants he was wearing but somehow it didn’t lessen his appearance.

 

Though Sanghyuk had a feeling he only thought that because Fated Mates usually did always find each other attractive.

 

Minseok and Yeseul turned to speak with Taekwoon who seemed legitimately surprised by it but fell into an easy conversation with them. Sanghyuk was thankful that Taekwoon was finding talking with others easier and felt happier in their pack.

 

“Sanghyuk.” Jinki’s voice broke through his thoughts.

 

Sanghyuk ducked his head. “Sorry, Jinki.”

 

Dongheon and Seungcheol looked at him and the former raised an eyebrow. “What are you distracted by?”

 

“He saw Taekwoon.” Seungcheol teased, lips curling into a bright grin and Sanghyuk rolled his eyes at them. They were so dramatic and always tended to know more than Sanghyuk wanted them to.

 

“I may have but that isn’t the point.” He snorted, turning back to his work.

 

Haebin leaned forward and stage whispered to the other two wolves. “Sanghyuk is just upset he hasn’t asked Taekwoon out yet.”

 

“I am not!”

 

“You four!” Jinki yelled. “You have a job to do!”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Taekwoon flicked his ear as he turned his gaze towards the building. Noticing Sanghyuk and Haebin seated beside each other, their conversation was low. He blinked at them and looked at the ground.

 

Suddenly he snapped his head up and narrowed his eyes at Sanghyuk. Gaze landing on Sanghyuk wrist which was still bandaged up.

 

His ears laid back and spoke, catching Minseok and Yeseul’s attention. “Is Sanghyuk’s wrist bleeding?”

 

Minseok glanced at the Alpha and sighed. “Seems so.”

 

“I thought he was told to take it easy.”

 

Yeseul laughed, though it sounded bitter and forced. “Yeah, but it’s Sanghyuk. One thing you should know about Sanghyuk is that he absolutely hates not doing anything when he thinks he is capable of helping.”

 

Taekwoon frowned. He understood that, it seemed very much in Sanghyuk’s personality to always want to help his pack even at the risk of his own life. Sometimes Taekwoon got the feeling from his packmates that they wished Sanghyuk would focus on his own body and mind sometimes.

 

Minseok looked concerned. “Don’t worry too much about him. Sanghyuk will stop eventually.”

 

“Eventually.” Yeseul echoed with a roll of her eyes.

 

Minseok looked at Yeseul and then turned his head towards where his house was. Taekwoon had gotten really good at remembering what house belonged to what packmates. Taekwoon followed his gaze and looked back at him.

 

“Why aren’t you at home?”

 

“Junmyeon is asleep and I don’t want to disturb him.” Minseok said.

 

Yeseul chuckled. “Nah, Junmyeon wants pups but Minseok doesn’t think he’s ready to be a father.”

 

“I don’t think I am; I know I am.” Minseok argued.

 

Taekwoon raised an eyebrow. “How do you know?”

 

Minseok shook his head. “I…I don’t know, I just don’t feel ready.”

 

Yeseul snorted and looked at Minseok. “You know there is something we normal people do when something like this happens. You know what we do?” She leaned in towards Minseok and flicked her ear. “We communicate.”

 

“Gee, thanks. I never would’ve figured that out.” Minseok leaned away from his friend and swatted her with his tail.

 

Yeseul snorted. “I’s just saying. It would be nice to have a few more pups in our ranks.”

 

Taekwoon blinked. “Why don’t you have many?”

 

Yeseul perked up and seemed very interested in speaking. Taekwoon didn’t want to turn down her blatant enthusiasm for the topic. Especially if it meant Taekwoon would know more about the pack he was now a part of.

 

“Well, the main pack doesn’t actually have many pups born into it. Our sister packs have many pups born but they also lose many wolves in fights and skirmishes from outsiders.” Yeseul explained.

 

“So they have to balance it out?”

 

“Pretty much.” Yeseul looked at Minseok.

 

Taekwoon frowned. “I know inbreeding is a common-“

 

Yeseul let out a loud laugh which caused Taekwoon to jump back out of shock. “I didn’t mean to startle you as I can see where you’re coming from.” She smiled. “Honestly, I don’t blame you and those thoughts as they are understandable from an outsider’s perspective. Except that’s never been an issue.

 

“You see, we aren’t opposed to breeding with rogues. Plus, many loners join our ranks to have pups and may move on but may leave a pup or two with us. That and we have marriages between other packs to keep peace and maintain a steady relationship with them.” Yeseul explained and then winked at him. “Plus, with you that’s an extra lone wolf that’s been added to our ranks.”

 

Taekwoon blushed and looked away as Minseok groaned. “Seriously?”

 

Yeseul shrugged. “Whatever, it isn’t like Sanghyuk is going to get jealous or anything.”

 

Minseok scowled at her but Taekwoon just frowned. “Why would Sanghyuk get jealous?”

 

Yeseul opened but was cut off by another voice coming in.

 

“Don’t you say anything.”

 

Hongbin walked up and ignored Yeseul’s pout and Minseok’s smug expression. “Anyway…How is the building coming along? I think Daesung wants it to be an area for the pups when they are meant to be healing. Since it’s close to the hospital and all that.”

 

“It’s coming along well.” Xiumin said and then flicked his ear. “I am surprised Haebin and Sanghyuk haven’t tried to kill each other yet.”

 

“Sanghyuk’s wrist is bleeding again.” Taekwoon added.

 

“Is that so?” Hongbin turned to him and Taekwoon nodded. “Then that must be why. Haebin probably doesn’t want him to strain himself anymore.”

 

“He should care for himself better.” Taekwoon muttered but knew that the others either hadn’t heard him or were just putting onto a different topic. He couldn’t blame them though. They were probably so used to Sanghyuk doing this to himself.

 

“How was the hunt?” Xiumin asked.

 

Hongbin shrugged and made a motion of ‘so-and-so’. “It was good. We managed to snag a few deer.”

 

“Well, at least the herds haven’t moved on just yet.” Yeseul said, trying to raise the mood of Hongbin.

 

“Yeah, but they seem to sense that this winter is going to be difficult.”

 

Taekwoon frowned at them but turned his gaze back down to the ground. His ears twitched and then laid back against his skull.

 

Hongbin tilted his head back. “I don’t want to get our hopes up. Our pack is tussled up and the hunting party were distracted.”

 

“How so?” Xiumin asked.

 

“We couldn’t focus, it was like we were all expecting something to happen.”

 

Taekwoon turned his head to properly have his own questions answered. Shouldn’t he have a say in the entire thing as well? Can’t he assist in helping the pack in this time?

 

However, he never got to say anything.

 

“Sanghyuk! Haebin!”

 

They all snapped their heads towards Jinki who was glaring at the twins. Both of which looked apologetic and Jinki frowned, tail flicking from side to side.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you two? Focus!”

 

“Sorry, Jinki.” Sanghyuk and Haebin muttered, both turning to their jobs.

 

“Those two, seriously.”

 

They turned to see Hakyeon and Amber walk up, Hakyeon was frowning but Amber looked very amused by it all. Her short hair bobbed around as her ears flicked in interest and her gaze landed on Taekwoon. She sent him a soft smile and Taekwoon ducked his head out of embarrassment.

 

“Oh, relax.” Amber flicked Hakyeon with her tail. “They are just having fun.”

 

“They are getting distracted.” Hakyeon argued.

 

“They are focused enough. You worry too much.”

 

“Can’t I be concerned?” Hakyeon asked. “It’s part of my parents’ jobs to be concerned about the pack and the Alphas as well, you know.”

 

“Your mum must be proud to have such a diligent child, like yourself.” Xiumin agreed. “But stressing about Sanghyuk and Haebin isn’t going to do you any good. Plus, your brother is going to take the mantle of Epsilon after your mother steps down, so you shouldn’t worry too much.”

 

“I can’t help it.” Hakyeon snorted and Taekwoon found himself studying what Hakyeon and Amber were wearing.

 

Their clothes looked like they are made for heading out and travelling, light-weight and breathable. The colours were muted browns and tans that blended in well with their fur, Hakyeon’s lighter brown and Amber’s more amber colouration. It’s where her name stems from, Taekwoon had found out really quickly during his first week meeting every pack member.

 

 

 

“Where are you going?”

 

Hakyeon looked at Taekwoon and looked down at his clothes before laughing. “Oh, this. You mustn’t be aware of our travel clothes then.”

 

“No, I recognised them.” Taekwoon muttered, feeling slightly irritated that Hakyeon implied that he didn’t know what travel clothes are. He’s seen the Alphas dressed in travel clothes the three times they had to leave town and go to a sister pack, after all. “I just don’t know where you are going.”

 

“We are going to a sister pack.” Amber declared. “We don’t know which one yet, but we’ll figure it out on the way there.”

 

Yeseul wagged her tail as an excited grin crossed her face. “Oh! Can I came with?”

 

Amber smirked and raised an eyebrow. “Just wanting to see your girlfriend are you?”

 

“No.”

 

“You are~” Amber threw her arm around Yeseul’s shoulders and tugged her down. “But I’ll let you in a little secret. I’d be down to see you reunite with your girl.”

 

“I am not surprised by that.”

 

“It’s a secret.”

 

“Not with your voice declaring it for everyone to hear.”

 

Taekwoon giggled softly to himself, tail twitching and then wagging slowly. Hakyeon smiled at him, looking pleased that Taekwoon was finding the entire exchange amusing and reassuring that he is part of the pack.

 

“But, if you want to, it has to be quick.” Hakyeon said, catching Yeseul and Amber’s attention.

 

Amber paused, brows furrowing in confusion. Suddenly, she let out a cry of recollection that had Yeseul frowning at her and Hakyeon shaking his head in mild annoyance.

 

Taekwoon frowned and glanced at Hakyeon. “Why does it have to be quick?”

 

“Because the Alpha meeting is coming up.” Amber said brightly.

 

“Alpha meeting?” Taekwoon asked, furrowing his brows in confusion.

 

Xiumin spoke up. “Oh yeah, you don’t know about them.” Taekwoon shook his head. “It’s a peaceful time where the Alphas of different packs come together to talk. It usually happens once a year, just before Winter. This is because Winter can be a difficult time for many packs and it helps the packs to know that the others are there to help if need be.”

 

“I can imagine that.” Taekwoon said, voice dropping in volume. “Winter was always terrible…Then again, I was a rogue for my entire life…”

 

“You have our pack now.” Amber said, grinning at him. “So, you aren’t a rogue and Winter is fine with our pack. We know how to survive.”

 

Taekwoon nodded and then looked at Hakyeon again. “So…Why do you have to be back quick?”

 

“Well, the pack is vulnerable during the meetings, so the pack needs as many full-grown wolves in the main pack. Though ours can be difficult to get to, doesn’t mean it’s impossible.” Hakyeon explained. “So, rogues tend to come to packs looking for trouble.”

 

“Has that happened to you before?” Taekwoon asked, laying his ears back.

 

“Only once or twice.”

 

The young wolves turned their heads to see Juwon and Miyong approach them. Glancing at Sanghyuk and Haebin who also turned to face their parents before turning back to their work.

 

“It is rare. Many rogues know better than to start a fight with a pack as large as ours.” Juwon explained.

 

“But it does happen.” Yeseul added. “It’s the Epsilon’s duties to monitor the pack borders, especially during the times the Alphas aren’t at home.”

 

Taekwoon nodded. That made sense.

 

Hakyeon looked at his older sister. “That’s why we can’t be gone for long. And why I doubt you should leave the town.”

 

“Aw.” Yeseul laughed. “You shouldn’t worry about me, baby brother. I can handle myself better than you can.”

 

Hakyeon stuck his tongue out at her and she laughed again at him.

 

Miyong smiled. “Well, Yeseul. You can go and see your girlfriend. We know it’s been a while and there is nothing wrong with you visiting someone who you love so much.”

 

Yeseul perked up, tail wagging rapidly. “Really? You mean it?”

 

“Of course.”

 

“Even if that means leaving the pack without two of its Epsilons?” Hakyeon asked, cautious and Taekwoon could tell that he wanted to make sure that their Alphas were fully okay with the entire thing first and foremost.

 

“Your mother and older brother is still here.” Miyong pointed out. “The main pack can survive a little while. It’s not going to collapse if you two aren’t here.”

 

“We know but-“

 

“Relax.” Juwon said and Taekwoon was amazed to see Hakyeon and Yeseul both immediately backed down and seemed to almost bow.

 

Taekwoon knew that Juwon didn’t even demand for them to back down or to submit. Yet, everyone trusted their Alphas unconditionally, listening to their words even when they don’t seem to be. This was shown by the fact that Hongbin, Amber and Xiumin also bowed their heads.

 

“Alpha.” Hakyeon said.

 

“Go on.” Juwon nodded his head in the direction of the town entrance. “No one is stopping or preventing you from doing so.” He smiled warmly. “It will be fine if you aren’t here when we are gone because we trust every pack member.”

 

Amber grinned and wagged her tail. “Yes, of course, Alpha.”

 

Taekwoon looked at the scene and realised how much he actually missed with being in a pack that he was originally part of. He missed out on so much and didn’t truly understand what it is like to be in a happy and healthy pack.

 

“We’ll be back before you so you won’t even know we were gone.” Yeseul said sounding incredibly convinced and grabbed Hakyeon and Amber’s arms and began to drag them behind her.

 

“Hey!”

 

“We can walk on our own!”

 

Miyong and Juwon shared an amused look between each other while Xiumin and Hongbin could only openly laugh at their antics. Taekwoon wondered how normal this was for their pack. He lowered his head and let his tail curl around his body slightly to try and ease his mind.

 

Taekwoon just hoped that they weren’t going to be ruined because of him.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Sanghyuk turned to face the ground and saw Taekwoon being pulled into a conversation by his parents. Xiumin and Hongbin were talking between themselves, most likely about the latest hunt and how well the prey is running.

 

He felt a smile appear on his face, the scene he was witnessing was too sweet and endearing for him to handle. So he’d normally handle it like we usually would, which is ignore it but he didn’t want to. The last thing he wanted was to make Taekwoon feel like he wasn’t loved.

 

Okay. Love was probably a strong word but it felt right in Sanghyuk’s mind.

 

Even if he knew everything about him, Sanghyuk doubted that his thoughts on Taekwoon would change drastically.

 

His ear twitched and with a silent yelp he jerked back as a piece of paper was flung at him.

 

Watching it hit the ground, Sanghyuk blinked before snapping his head around to glare at Haebin who merely raised an eyebrow at him. She nodded towards the building and seemed to be mildly teasing him about getting distracted by Taekwoon’s appearance.

 

“I would’ve been killed if I threw anything other than a piece of paper.” She said simply.

 

Sanghyuk growled and bared his teeth. “Which is right. Anyway, what was that for?”

 

“You were distracted.”

 

“So you threw a piece of paper at me?”

 

“It got your attention, didn’t it?”

 

Sanghyuk let out another growl, louder this time.

 

Almost instantly he heard a deeper growl respond and he snapped his gaze towards his father who was watching him closely. Everyone had frozen as they stared at the Alpha and Heir, worried about something happening that no one was sure what to do.

 

Sanghyuk noticed his mother looking at his father with concern and stiffened when he saw Taekwoon staring at him with wide eyes. As if he was scared of what just happened.

 

Sanghyuk whined and looked away, a show and display of submission and the pack members shrugged and returned to what they were doing previously.

 

He’ll apologise to scaring Taekwoon once this was done and he’d thought about it.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Taekwoon looked at Sanghyuk who was rubbing his arm awkwardly as he panicked over how Taekwoon was reacting to his previous growl earlier that day.

 

“It’s alright.” Taekwoon smiled at him.

 

Sanghyuk looked startled by the smile but returned it. “If you’re sure.”

 

“I am.”

 

“I’m still sorry.”

 

“I know.”

 

“I am meant to make you feel more comfortable and I just made it worse.”

 

“You didn’t mean to. That’s what is important.”

 

“I-“

 

“If you say you are sorry one more time, I will shave your wolf form while you sleep.”

 

“Okay.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Songhyon stood in the doorway to the living room, staring at Sanghyuk, Haebin and Kangmin who were strewn across the living room. Looking like they were dressed to go to a formal event but still being pretty relaxed as they were still at home.

 

He sighed and rubbed his face.

 

“Why aren’t you three getting ready?” He asked, removing his hand to stare at them pointedly but knew that they weren’t looking at him.

 

“I will end you!” Haebin screeched as she and Sanghyuk faced each other off in Smash Bros.

 

“Good luck with that!” Sanghyuk taunted, eyes sparkling and a smirk settling on his face.

 

Holland scowled over his book at his two younger siblings. “Because some two people are trying to best each other in a video game rather than prepare for the trip.”

 

Yikyun chuckled from where she sat beside Kangmin, who was cuddled up against her side. His gaze was focused on the TV and watched Haebin and Sanghyuk facing each other in a neck and neck competition. Songhyon sighed and shook his head at their actions.

 

“And they aren’t.”

 

“Clearly.” Holland muttered. “And we leave in an hour.”

 

“We are dressed.” Sanghyuk spoke, tilting his head back slightly as he awaited for Haebin to choose her next character to use. “We’ve been dressed and ready for hours.”

 

“Yeah.” Haebin agreed and they watched as Haebin’s character managed to quickly knock Sanghyuk’s character off the level platform. “Ha! Take that!”

 

“ you!”

 

“Someone’s jealous~” Haebin smirked at Sanghyuk who only bared his teeth at her but grumbled and turned back to the screen.

 

Kangmin huffed and muttered lowly. “I don’t want to go to the meeting.”

 

Yikyun ruffled his hair gently, her fingers rubbing into his scalp. “It will be fine. It’s once a year and you don’t have to go every year.”

 

“But why do I have to go this year?” Kangmin asked, tilting his head back to stare at his grandmother.

 

“Because you have only attended one prior meeting.” Sanghyuk said. “It’s a requirement to go to at least five when you are old enough.”

 

Kangmin tucked his tail close to his body. “I don’t wanna though.”

 

Yikyun chuckled softly. “It’ll be over before you know it.”

 

Songhyon nodded. “And it’s good to know the other Alphas.”

 

“But why?” Kangmin huffed. “Sanghyuk is next Alpha.”

 

“But what if something happens to Haebin and me which would make you heir?” Sanghyuk asked before lunging at Haebin, tossing his controller to the side when she knocked off his character again. “Cheater!”

 

“I’m not a cheater! You just !” Haebin laughed, shoving Sanghyuk away from her.

 

“I don’t!”

 

“You definitely do!”

 

Sanghyuk opened his mouth but suddenly snapped his jaw shut as his ears twitched. Their was soft speaking from the next room and noticed his family also react as well.

 

“You really don’t need to worry about the Pack. You know we will watch and protect it with our dying breaths.” Daejung said, facing Juwon and Miyong. “Your Betas are always here.”

 

“We know, Daejung, and we are thankful for your duty to the pack as whole. Even to the things that you don’t realise you do.” Juwon smiled.

 

Daejung blinked and Chiun blushed deeply. “Alpha…You flatter us too much.”

 

“The truth can flatter many.” Miyong laughed and Chiun sighed and gave her friend a look but also laughed along.

 

Daejung looked out towards the pack town. “Hyerim will also do whatever she can as well.”

 

“Thank you.” Juwon lowered his head and nudged Daejung who could only grin brightly at his Alpha in response.

 

Sanghyuk smiled at the sight in front of him.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Sanghyuk ran a hand through his hair as Taekwoon stood beside him. His eyes were soft as he stared at his hair, raising his hand and nudging Sanghyuk’s away to smooth out his locks.

 

“You’re messing it up.” Taekwoon scolded.

 

Sanghyuk chuckled and leaned into his palm but Taekwoon removed it shortly after. “Sorry.”

 

The white wolf rolled his eyes and turned away, grumbling under his breath. Sanghyuk was about to lean towards him and ask him what he was saying but was startled by a comment by his parents.

 

“We’ll keep Sanghyuk away from starting any fights.” Miyong said, voice lilting.

 

“Me?” Sanghyuk said, ears twitching. “Starting a fight? I’ve never done such a thing.” He was just acting as though he was hurt.

 

He heard a cough from his father who smirked slightly at his son. “We keep a list.”

 

“DAD!”

 

Taekwoon, along with the other pack members, laughed at the interaction that wasn’t a worry. Sanghyuk would grumble but hearing Taekwoon giggle and cover his smile with his hand while his ears laid back to blend and hide in his hair, made him feel as though he should keep quiet.

 

Plus, it was an adorable sight that he had to witness.

 

Sanghyuk huffed and shook his head. “Anyway, I’m a good Alpha at those meetings. The other Alphas like me.”

 

“You have ‘em fooled.” Holland laughed and Sanghyuk frowned at him.

 

“Do not.”

 

Jaehwan rolled his eyes and leaned towards Taekwoon who managed to get his giggles under control.  “He claims that, but he’s charming enough to fool them all into thinking he is amazing.”

 

“But I am.”

 

“You are so modest.”

 

“Aren’t I always?”

 

“No.” Jaehwan bluntly stated and Sanghyuk paused before shooting him a betrayed and exaggerated hurt look. Taekwoon couldn’t help but chuckle at the interaction between the pair.

 

“Anyway,” Sanghyuk waved his hand. “It’s only a couple of days. And I won’t get into any needless fights.”

 

“Needless fights.” Holland snorted. “Okay.”

 

Sanghyuk stuck his tongue out at his brother before turning to Jaehwan and Taekwoon once again. “Jae, don’t do anything to Taekwoon, please.”

 

“What would I do?”

 

“A lot of things.” Sanghyuk stressed just as his parents called for him to hurry up. “Coming!” He turned to run towards his family as Jaehwan waved him off.

 

The pack watched the family enter into the carriage that had been pulled into the town while they were saying their goodbyes to their friends and packmates. Taekwoon felt his ear twitch as it pulled out of the town and he glanced at Jaehwan.

 

“Don’t you have cars? I’ve seen some packs with them.” He asked.

 

Jaehwan nodded. “Yeah, but the Alpha meeting location is actually pretty close. So we use carriages instead.”

 

Taekwoon nodded and watched as it faded from sight. “Will they be alright?”

 

Jaehwan laughed and nudged Taekwoon playfully. “Of course they will be. It’s only for three days at least.”

 

Taekwoon sighed and nodded, eyes turning down towards the ground. An Alpha meeting. For all the packs in the area, which can only mean one thing.

 

His father was going to most likely be there.