So Much To Experience *

Under The Full Moon

Sanghyuk stretched as he and his family finally reached the building that the Alpha meeting would be held in for this year. The wind was weak and was somewhat soothing on Sanghyuk’s body as he looked at Kangmin who had stopped in his tracks, staring at the sight in front of him.

 

He wasn’t surprised.

 

The building was always something that amazed everyone who saw it for the first time. Though this wasn’t the first time Kangmin had seen it, it would be the first time he would properly recall everything.

 

The building was huge, an old factory that humans had abandoned so many generations ago. Nature had taken it over but the packs had worked together to make it look appealing to the packs and what they all wanted it to represent.

 

The packs are one with nature after all and the building represents the love the packs have for peace and equality with nature. It could do it’s course but the packs would do what they could to make it work to their advantage.

 

Everyone also worked together to keep the building from crumbling away to dust.

 

“It’s really cool.” Kangmin said, his voice breathless in awe and shock.

 

Sanghyuk chuckled. “It is isn’t it.”

 

The scents of the other Alphas that he rarely interacted with now but had grown to accept and recognise their different scents to name them with his eyes closed. He could now and hoped that Haebin and Kangmin didn’t really have to do that.

 

Yet he could hear his parents reminding them all that they all needed to know that.

 

However, they rarely interacted with other packs in general. Moon Shadows were reclusive and tended to keep to their own as they had been fooled by many other packs in the past. Those packs are long gone but old habits die hard. The only packs that they ever interact with a lot more often were the Evening Pack and Graymaw Claws, as both of them were once part of Moon Shadows generations ago.

 

They resided nearby and they had different histories with them both and would explain why the Evening Pack took in Taekwoon’s old pack so readily.

 

Graymaw Claws left about ten generations prior, right after Moon Shadows became the dominant pack in the area. They just didn’t need their protection and had left quite peacefully, remaining in good graces with Moon Shadows because of that.

 

Evening Pack however was a completely different story. They left about three generations ago and it was a disastrous time considering that they decided to attack Moon Shadows from the inside. They were pretty much forced out of the pack and they left with a lot of animosity towards their old pack.

 

Sanghyuk sighed as he recalled it all.

 

Moon Shadows had pretty much pushed it aside. Evening Pack was not an issue considering they were no longer part of their pack and were quite small in comparison. Yet they were not letting it go.

 

“Don’t start a fight.” Juwon whispered into Sanghyuk’s ear and his son flicked his other ear in response.

 

“I won’t, I promise.”

 

“We’ll see how long that lasts.” Haebin snickered and Holland also smirked slightly.

 

Kangmin looked between his siblings and raised his brows. Confusion was clear on his face but Sanghyuk shook his head and Kangmin looked away, getting the silent hint.

 

The family entered the building and noticed how majority of the packs were already present. They soft chatter died down as they took notice of the Moon Shadows Alphas approach them, there were soft greetings between the Alphas.

 

The Graymaw Claws Alphas moved aside to give them room. They were the only Alphas Sanghyuk liked to a degree, they just made him feel better and safer. As if they weren’t going to judge him for any mishaps. The other Alphas were tolerable at best but Sanghyuk was grateful that he didn’t need to see them too often and once a year for like two hours at least.

 

Alphas rarely fought now. Unlike generations ago when it was quite a common occurrence which they did to try and prove which Alphas were the strongest.

 

Nowadays they all realise that it’s pretty stupid because it should be judged by how healthy and large your pack is. Like Moon Shadows. Not that Sanghyuk meant to boast about it.

 

“We are still missing the Evening Pack.” Miyong said, glancing around the table and her ears twitched.

 

“Yes, no idea what is keeping them.” Another Alpha spoke up. “We were expecting you to take the longest, as per usual.”

 

“We had to made the trip quite quick from our town.” Juwon said. “The reason is a lot more…threatening.”

 

“How so?” One of the younger Alphas asked.

 

“Rogue wolves have been found in our territory. Probably trying to test their luck.”

 

Sanghyuk would have to admit that it’s not the best excuse considering the Evening Pack had attacked them twice now, but the rogue wolves was true. If they mentioned the Evening Pack there might be rumours that they had taken down another pack. They wouldn’t do such a thing.

 

It was the lowest thing a pack could do if there was another way to deal with it.

 

Sanghyuk blinked at the younger wolf as something suddenly came back to his mind. She was the Alpha of the pack that he knew several of his newer pack mates were once part of. Her parents were complete s, managing to abuse their wolves and forced several of them to leave.

 

“Hang on…Riley?” Sanghyuk saw her perk up and turn to him. Seems like he got her name correct after all. “Did your parents step down?”

 

Riley blinked before laughing. “Oh no. I challenged them. They lost.” She waved her hand. “I was getting sick and tired of how they were mistreating the pack so something had to happen.”

 

She lowered her head. “Except, the pack rebelled first and I had to ensure the pack didn’t break apart. I was their Alpha and I wasn’t going to let them fall apart.”

 

The other Alphas congratulated her on her work. They all knew the history of her pack and thankfully Riley was one of the better Alphas of her pack. She would be reliable and would do everything she could to ensure her pack grew strong once again.

 

“Wow. What an inspirational standard.”

 

An unknown voice rang through the air. All the Alphas turned to face the entrance where they saw the newcomers.

 

Sanghyuk noticed his parents and siblings all stiffen. Kangmin only did because he recognised what pack they were from and the scent was quite recognisable for Sanghyuk. They were able to contain their growls which would clearly give away their dissatisfaction of who they saw.

 

The Alphas of the Evening Pack with another Alpha standing beside them.

 

It was that stranger that had spoken and the voice had grated on Sanghyuk’s ears.

 

“Who are you?” The oldest Alpha snarled as he jumped to his feet.

 

Sanghyuk was not surprised. Only Alphas that had packs in the area were allowed here, and you had to present yourself to the other packs before you attended the first Alpha meeting. So, they had every right to challenge his right to be here.

 

Yet something haunted him.

 

The scent from him.

 

He knew that scent.

 

“I am Brayden, the Alpha of a rogue pack that is currently seeking solace with the Evening Pack.” The Alpha introduced himself.

 

The older Alpha growled. “And they will be the only ones who have welcomed you. You shouldn’t be here regardless of your status.” He looked at the Alphas of the Evening Pack. “Or are they worried that you’d take over their pack if you were left alone?”

 

“We are not!” The male hissed and Sanghyuk only slightly recalled that the name was lost on him but it came back to him that his name is Micco.

 

“You could have fooled us.”

 

Brayden shrugged. “I do not blame your disdain towards me…”

 

“Mohanjot. Alpha of Lichen Forest.”

 

“Mohanjot. But I have something to inform all of you of, as an old pack mate of mine is currently running wild.”

 

The Alphas all shared looks between them but Sanghyuk clenched his hand on his leg. He hoped he was just jumping to conclusions.

 

Somehow he knew he wasn’t.

 

“Why? Normally rogues wouldn’t be that much of an issue.” Riley said.

 

Sanghyuk praised her. She was the youngest here and was one of the Alphas challenging Brayden.

 

“This wolf is a threat to whichever pack it decides to rest in. My own pack, along with other packs we have been friendly with, have been destroyed by its selfishness.” Brayden’s eyes grew hard. “A white wolf.”

 

Graymaw Claw’s Alpha, Aurora, frowned as he ears pulled forward. “What?”

 

“You heard me.”

 

“White wolves are calmer and gentler.” She said. “They are never threats. It’s not an exaggeration, they just aren’t.”

 

Juwon leaned back in his chair, managing to keep his face stoic without showing any signs of irritation. “What has this wolf done?”

 

Brayden glanced at them properly now, eyes seeming to glean when he realised that they were the Alphas of Moon Shadows. Sanghyuk saw something darker flicker behind his gaze and noticed Kangmin shift and push slightly closer to him. The young Alpha managed to keep his anger held back and at bay.

 

“Shouldn’t you heed an Alpha’s claims?”

 

“Alphas of rogue packs, like yours, don’t tend to have the best reputation in this area.” Juwon said, raising an eyebrow and Sanghyuk could see all the other Alphas looking between them. Worried and seemed ready to jump forward if need be. “Plus, we have heard many false accusations on pack members that left the pack. So forgive us for being doubtful of your words.”

 

Brayden looked around the room, getting the idea that none of them believed him (save the Alphas of the Evening Pack). “My son betrayed my pack. He led to the destruction of our pack and territory, forcing us away from our old home and was the main reason we could never settle down. He does not care about the pack he resides in for he will do anything to keep himself safe, even if it means leading to the deaths of innocents.”

 

Sanghyuk clenched his hand and moved his other to lightly squeeze and comfort Kangmin who had flinched away at the ferocity in Brayden’s voice. Holland pressed his shoulder against Sanghyuk’s, a silent comfort which was only slightly reassuring. He felt Haebin’s fingers curl around his and give a reassuring squeeze.

 

His wolf almost stood up to growl but Sanghyuk was able to push that part of him back. He didn’t want a fight after all, even if he wanted to challenge Brayden’s claims about Taekwoon – who it could only be about.

 

Taekwoon was his son?

 

That explains Taekwoon’s initial dislike towards Alphas and why he was so hesitant upon moving into the Alpha house. Even though it would help quicken up the speed his scent would alter. He accepted it once he found out about that fact and that his original scent would be pretty much gone after six months.

 

Haebin hissed quietly but Sanghyuk heard her. “I don’t blame Taekwoon for running away, Brayden is an .”

 

Holland snorted. “You already got that vibe from Taekwoon’s reluctance to speak about him.”

 

Juwon grumbled. “I would be ashamed if I was that terrible of a father that my own child would run away.”

 

Sanghyuk looked around the group and noticed that a few of the other Alphas were having similar thoughts as his parents. He knew his parents were incredibly protective and it seemed like Juwon’s words had gotten to everyone else as well. Rogue Alphas weren’t taken very seriously after all.

 

Sanghyuk knew he’d have to speak to Taekwoon about this as soon as they returned home. This wasn’t something he could potentially put off for any longer. He didn’t want to force the story out of Taekwoon but if that is what is needed to get the truth then he would do it.

 

But he wasn’t too worried. Taekwoon had submitted to his parents and accepted that he was part of the pack. Taekwoon would most likely be willing to talk as long as he felt safe and comfortable doing so. Much like anyone in any pack.

 

Meeting Brayden’s gaze he saw his face contort into a scowl. Though he said nothing else during the meeting unless directly spoken to. Seemed like he knew his place but wasn’t happy with it.

 

His father brought up the attacks on their sister packs and the other Alphas promised to keep an eye out for any potential threats. Sanghyuk had to keep a smirk down when he saw the Evening Pack and Brayden stiffen up at those words.

 

Good.

 

They should be scared.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Sanghyuk stretched and smiled at Kangmin who scuffed the ground with his shoe. “What’s up, kiddo?”

 

“I was so bored.” Kangmin wailed.

 

Sanghyuk shook his head and ruffled Kangmin’s hair. He faltered slightly when Kangmin didn’t bother to try and swat his hand away like he normally would on a good day. Yet he didn’t get the time to ask Kangmin what was wrong because someone interrupted them.

 

“Miyong. Juwon.”

 

Turning their heads around, they saw Brayden approaching them and Sanghyuk wondered if Taekwoon got his colouration from his mother. Since Brayden was much darker than Taekwoon was – which wasn’t difficult since Taekwoon is indeed a white wolf.

 

Juwon paused and then stepped up to meet Brayden, putting himself between the other Alpha and his family. His sniffed the air. “Your scent is familiar, Brayden.”

 

“Is that how you greet someone?” Brayden growled but continued before Juwon could say anything. “Anyway, that scent is the same one my son carries.”

 

“That’s not it. You trespassed on our territory almost two decades ago. You were going to attack my children.”

 

Sanghyuk felt a shiver run down his spine and turned to look at Haebin who met his gaze. Realisation dawned on them. The adult wolf who almost attacked them and was chased off by their parents.

 

That was Brayden.

 

Sanghyuk laid his ears back. The young white wolf pup he saw that day. That was Taekwoon.

 

That made sense, tying into the fact that Fated Mates will never take another mate proper after meeting the one who they are meant to be with. So, their bond really must’ve started when they were so young, or at least opened up their bond to the very beginning.

 

“I know you have my son.” Brayden stated but as he stepped closer, Juwon snarled at him that made him hesitate. Rethinking his decision as he stood up tall and proudly.

 

“He is our business.” Juwon replied smoothly, calming down. “He has accepted our pack as his own, so if you really want him then by all means you can come and speak with us peacefully.”

 

Brayden met his gaze evenly. “You really should just hand him over.”

 

“We do not hand over packmates without a reason.” Miyong said. “Threatening his life is not a good enough reason and we have the right to keep him with us. Regardless of your claims.”

 

“He will destroy your pack from the inside out.”

 

“Then we will deal with it ourselves.” Miyong raised her chin and growled, her own wolf pushing through the normal barrier.

 

Brayden snarled and turned around to walk away, shooting a comment over his shoulder. “You will regret that.”

 

Sanghyuk sighed and felt Kangmin press against his side. His fingers lowered to scratch behind his ear to try and ease his baby brother. Sanghyuk looked down at him and Kangmin turned to slightly bury his head into Sanghyuk’s shirt.

 

Poor thing. He shouldn’t have to deal with this .

 

Brayden joined the Alphas of the Evening Pack and they all began to walk away together. Sanghyuk never wanted to see them again but knew he would. It would continue until something happened with Taekwoon.

 

The Graymaw Claws Alphas watched the scene from where they stood a few metres away. They looked worried and followed Brayden with their eyes before approaching Juwon and Miyong. Sanghyuk wanted to join them but his brother was more important right now.

 

“Does he really think threatening you will make you more inclined to hand over his son who is in your pack now?”

 

“Apparently he does.” Juwon sighed. “But we won’t give up so easily.”

 

“We can keep an eye out for any stranger wolves between our packs.” The female said.

 

Miyong smiled. “You don’t have to but if you want to.”

 

They nodded and nodded towards the four children and Sanghyuk inclined his head towards them. They bid their goodbyes to the Alphas of the pack they were once part of before turning around and walking back towards their own territory.

 

Miyong turned to face Sanghyuk but he spoke before his mother could say anything. He knew what was coming. Everyone did. “I’ll speak to Taekwoon, I promise. The day after we get home, while it is still fresh in my mind.”

 

Juwon nodded. “And only you, no one else.”

 

Sanghyuk noticed Holland shifted slightly but he didn’t mention it. No point is trying to antagonise his older brother. Holland would’ve done something if he knew or got the feeling Taekwoon was actually a threat.

 

He looked away, feeling unease gnaw at his body and Kangmin seemed to sense it from where he was pressed against him.

 

The young male raised his head to look up at him with wide eyes. “Brother, what’s wrong?”

 

“I just thought that maybe Taekwoon ran away because he refused to get married off.” Sanghyuk said. “But we’ll see when I finally talk to him.”

 

His parents nodded and Haebin looked up at the sky. “We should probably head home now. Best not to spend any time away from the pack with Brayden and the Evening Pack knowing we aren’t home now.”

 

Juwon turned to where their territory and carriage were. “You are correct, Haebin. The sooner we get going the sooner we get home.” He looked at Sanghyuk. “Son?”

 

Seems like his thoughts and realisation were clear on his face. Sanghyuk stuffed his hands into his pockets. “I was thinking about how I met Taekwoon the same day Brayden trespassed. It was brief and I thought I was seeing things but apparently I must’ve seen him. The bond would’ve begun to start then and therefore made it impossible for Taekwoon to find another mate.”

 

“That-“ Miyong shook her head. “It’s a possibility but I’ve never heard of the bond forming when you are pups.”

 

Juwon spoke up. “It doesn’t matter now anyway. We have to get home. We can think about this at a later date.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Taekwoon rested his cheek on his arms as he had his eyes closed, taking in all the sounds and scents that filled the town. The fence was cold beneath his arms but it didn’t bother him too much.

 

The air was filled with the sound of the melodic strumming of a guitar at the steps of the Alpha house, two voices mixed in. It was a song that Taekwoon didn’t recognise but he wondered if that was because it was a song of the pack.

 

He’d heard from Jaehwan that each pack (group really) had their own individual song that they never presented in front of strangers but it was a song every member must learn. Or at least must be able to replicate or recognise it. This was the first time Taekwoon had heard it, and his heart swelled at the idea of that being the song.

 

He was truly part of the pack now.

 

He could hear the pups running through the town, laughing and squeaking as they danced between adults who were going about their day-to-day lives. He could hear parents telling the kids to be careful and watch where they are running.

 

Taekwoon wondered if Kangmin would typically join in the other pups with them running around like they are. He figured he did, since Kangmin seemed like the type to enjoy messing around and probably unintentionally making the lives of his packmates slightly more difficult and stressful.

 

He wanted to read but the song was distracting and just gave up, putting the book back into Sanghyuk’s room. He was allowed in there if Sanghyuk wasn’t home, since he had a huge selection of books to choose from if Taekwoon so desired.

 

Cracking open his eyes he saw Hongbin perched on the stairs, focused on getting the notes correctly that he didn’t even notice Jaehwan leaning against him. The older was singing to his hearts content, not seeming to try and make Hongbin’s playing easier for him.

 

That couldn’t be comfortable in the slightest.

 

Arei and Ichizo danced with each other, laughing and giggling especially when Hakyeon joined them. Spinning them around as their laughter filled the air. Kiyo stood to the side, holding the young infant, Mito who giggled as he watched his siblings. Kinam just raised his eyebrows as Hakyeon managed to drag a few other wolves into the dance.

 

Taekwoon felt his heart tug with a sense of longing.

 

He never had anything like this growing up. So, watching this pack interacting with everyone equally made him feel like he was missing out on something so important to a person’s development.

 

Looking back at his childhood, he definitely did.

 

No parents should do what his parents did to him.

 

Moon Shadows were a welcoming and comforting change to everything he had to deal with his past.

 

The song came to an end and Hongbin adjusted his guitar before shooting an annoyed look at Jaehwan, who seemed that he was able to rest firmer against his side. Taekwoon almost laughed at the judgemental expression on Hongbin’s face.

 

“Get off me, you lump.” Hongbin hissed.

 

Taekwoon decided to save them both from Jaehwan’s complaints. “I didn’t know you could play.”

 

Hongbin blinked before ducking his head, embarrassment perhaps? “I don’t often play in front of people.”

 

Jaehwan waved his hands around but stood up to let Hongbin breathe. “Yeah but he really should. Everyone should be aware of his amazing guitar playing skills. You and Sanghyuk both actually, but Sanghyuk is even more shy about his piano playing.”

 

“Sanghyuk can play piano?” Taekwoon asked, surprised. He’d been there for a while and hadn’t even heard a piano play once. Though he did recall that there did appear to be a piano in Sanghyuk’s room but he’s only ever seen one in his life.

 

“Yeah.” Jaehwan nodded. “He doesn’t play often, obviously.” Suddenly a slow smirk appeared on his face as he looked at Taekwoon. “But, perhaps he’ll play for you.”

 

“What?” He squeaked, reeling back, feeling his face heat up out of embarrassment.

 

“Nothing~”

 

It wasn’t nothing but Taekwoon pushed past it and turns to Kinam who was now standing by the Alpha house, watching his mate and kids play with the rest of the pack. Suddenly a conversation he overheard reappeared at the front of him mind, and Taekwoon decided that he should ask someone who might know about the entire thing.

 

“Kinam?” The older wolf hummed and turned to look back at him, giving Taekwoon his full attention. “Can I ask you something about mates?”

 

Kinam looked surprised that Taekwoon would ask something like that. Honestly, so was he and even Jaehwan and Hongbin looked at him. It wasn’t a question people would assume Taekwoon would willingly talk about.

 

Then again, Taekwoon tended to avoid all conversations about mates in general or just avoided being spoken to at those moments.

 

Kinam quickly schooled his features. “What do you want to know?”

 

“I wanted to ask you if you knew anything about Fated Mates.” Taekwoon said, voice dropping in volume. “I overheard Haebin mention it in passing when I was getting something to eat. I didn’t ask her what she was talking about because they didn’t know I was awake.”

 

The older wolf hummed and looked back at his mate. “I don’t actually know anything about Fated Mates. Other than the fact that they were a lot more common in the past.”

 

Taekwoon’s ears drooped. “Oh.”

 

“The Alphas would know more about it though. If you heard Haebin mention it then they would know.”

 

Taekwoon was about to say something when a loud howl ripped through the air around them.

 

Every single pack member stiffened and the pups all curled in on themselves, whimpering loudly. The howl settled and unease filled everyone. Taekwoon almost shivered out of pure fear.

 

Kinam flicked his ears. “Kiyo take the pups home, now. Hakyeon, help the other pups back to their parents.”

 

They didn’t argue and the pack quickly rushed around to get the pups away from the sound of the Alphas howl. Something must’ve happened on their way home.

 

Taekwoon opened his mouth but Jaehwan nudged him. “My parents will let you stay with us for the night until the Alphas calm down.”

 

Taekwoon stiffened at the idea that something would happen to him but Hongbin interjected. “You know they won’t harm anyone, Jaehwan. Lest of all someone in our pack.”

 

He turned to the town entrance as he saw the Alpha family walk in, irritation rolling off them in waves.

 

Without waiting for Jaehwan, Hongbin and Kinam, he ran towards them. He heard Kinam’s yell after him but ignored it.

 

He opened his mouth as he saw Namjoo, Sungjae and Dongheon reach Sanghyuk. They tried to crowd their heir but Sanghyuk snapped at them without any warning.

 

Taekwoon furrowed his brows and looked around to see wounds and some scratches and dried blood on each of them. He froze when he saw Kangmin had a gash on his shoulder that wasn’t bleeding but did seem to only be recently healed.

 

Looking around, the carriage was nowhere to be found and could only imagine what happened on their trip back.

 

Dongheon laid his ears back. “Sanghyuk, what’s wrong? What happened?”

 

“A rogue Alpha, Brayden, attacked us.” Sanghyuk snarled, baring his teeth and his wolf side pushing forward.

 

Taekwoon froze at the name of the Alpha and gulped quietly but saw Hyeyeon run up. Her hair looked frazzled as she studied Kangmin before dragging him away and snarled at Miyong and Juwon who instinctively reached for their son.

 

“I am checking his gash to make sure it isn’t that bad.” They let her take him to the hospital for a check-up, her voice was soft as she reassured the youngest Alpha.

 

Taekwoon was surprised that the Alphas seemed so frazzled, especially since they seemed so put together. He shivered when he saw Haebin looking at him, her gaze was sympathetic and glanced at Sanghyuk who seemed to be ignoring everyone.

 

He gulped and whimpered when she approached him. “Brayden?”

 

She nodded but she couldn’t say anything else before Sanghyuk snarled loudly without thinking about who had said it.

 

“Yeah, real nice guy. Managed to get some rogues to attack us on our way home just outside the territory, our carriage was ruined in the fight and Kangmin was injured. At least one of the sister packs were nearby and could chase him off.”

 

Taekwoon felt his body shake at Sanghyuk’s words.

 

This couldn’t be happening. No, they said they’d be fine and here they are getting attacked because of him.

 

Because his father was selfish and tracking him down without taking ‘no’ for an answer.

 

Sanghyuk stopped and blinked, meeting Taekwoon’s gaze for the first time since he arrived back. The snarl and glare on his face instantly vanished, eyes softening as he noticed the slight shiver that was wracking Taekwoon’s body.

 

He opened his mouth but Taekwoon snapped his head away, ears laying flat back.

 

Tears sprung to the corner of his eyes, but he knew that Sanghyuk wasn’t to blame. If he was in his shoes he’d react the same way. Kangmin had been injured and Sanghyuk probably was already quite weak considering his still injured wrist.

 

Sanghyuk let out a low noise before stalking past everyone to enter the Alpha house. Most of the pack followed him but no one knew if they should risk following him or just let him be alone.

 

Taekwoon could feel nervousness break out but Juwon and Miyong quickly walked around, calming down the pack the best they could. Haebin shared a look with Holland before following her brother, quietly reassuring her friends that Sanghyuk will be alright after a good sleep.

 

Holland nudged Taekwoon. “You want to come with us, or stay with Jaehwan?”

 

Taekwoon glanced at Jaehwan who looked as though he wanted Sanghyuk to follow him but was going to let him decide. He shrugged. “He won’t harm me, will he?”

 

“No.”

 

“Then why should I be scared of that possibility?”

 

Holland opened his mouth and then shut it again with a soft laugh. “Fine.” He looked around and nodded. “I have something to tell you.”

 

“Oh?” Taekwoon asked once they entered the building. “I wanted to ask you something but you can go first.” He knew better than to try and seem more important than an Alpha (even if Holland wasn’t).

 

Holland seemed surprised before lowering his voice. “There’s a reason Sanghyuk is so irritated with Brayden attacking us and threatening you. It’s a reason that you can’t tell Sanghyuk that you know. It could be beneficial but Sanghyuk would rather not put the stress on your shoulders, because he’s selfish and protective like that.”

 

Taekwoon merely flicked his ear.

 

Holland met his gaze evenly and Taekwoon couldn’t prevent the shiver once again. “What do you know about Fated Mates?”

 

“Just that they are meant to be together and they were more common in the past.” Taekwoon said. “I heard Haebin mention it in passing once but didn’t think much of it.”

 

“Heh, I had a feeling you did. Though it is said that since the first meeting that Fated Mates have with each other, regardless of how old they are, the bond that binds them together is formed or at least makes itself present.”

 

Taekwoon frowned. “I think I know what you are getting at but I’m not sure I understand.”

 

“Do you know why you didn’t want to take a mate?” Holland asked instead.

 

Taekwoon thought about it. He never really did. He always assumed that he didn’t want a mate because none of them were appealing and he was being forced into the relationship. “I don’t know.” Thinking back on it there was something that he did recall. “I just felt like I was waiting for someone.”

 

“And you didn’t choose a direction to run when we found you?”

 

“No.”

 

Holland laughed. “Oh. This…” He managed to calm himself down and eyed Taekwoon carefully. “Taekwoon, be honest with me. How would you react if I were to tell you that you and Sanghyuk are Fated Mates?”

 

Fated Mates?

 

Him and Sanghyuk?

 

“I’d think you were messing with me.” Taekwoon whispered, his voice failing him in his surprise.

 

Holland smiled in reassurance. “I know it doesn’t make sense.”

 

“No, it’s not that.” Taekwoon cut him off, surprising himself. “It makes sense. I just…Didn’t think anything of my trust in him. I just assumed it was because of his personality but when I heard about Fated Mates I had a sneaky suspicion.”

 

He shook his head. “But how can you be sure?”

 

“Easy. You are an Alpha born child yet your wolf form is a female, and you are younger than Sanghyuk.” Holland explained. “It’s rare for Alphas but more common in Fated Mates who are Alphas.”

 

“Oh.” He looked around the room. “Do you want me to say anything?”

 

“No. Sanghyuk is worried about Brayden and your old pack. You can tell him if you really want to but you have to prove to Sanghyuk that you are okay here and that he is capable of protecting you.” Holland said as they made their way into the hallway to the bedrooms. “He doesn’t want Brayden to be part of our pack if news gets out to him, because believe me,” His eyes hardened, “Sanghyuk would actually kill Brayden if he laid a finger on you.”

 

Taekwoon had a feeling that was the case.

 

“I will tell him tomorrow. If the opportunity presents itself.”

 

“If you wish, Taekwoon.” Holland said as he walked towards his room. “But be careful, just in case.”

 

“Sanghyuk won’t hurt me.” Taekwoon stated, knowing that that was true deep in his being.

 

“Then get some good rest.”

 

Taekwoon pushed open the closed door of Sanghyuk’s room. He peered into the darkness and saw a beautiful black wolf settled onto the bedsheets. Taekwoon stepped into the room and noticed that Sanghyuk had stiffened slightly before relaxing as he figured who it was.

 

The door clicked shut behind him and Taekwoon let his clothes fall to the floor before shifting into his wolf form. Taekwoon’s ears twitched as he realised how much smaller than Sanghyuk he was by the sheer presence Sanghyuk gave off.

 

He leaped onto the bed and saw Sanghyuk jerk his head up. Golden eyes focused on Taekwoon who sniffed and nudged him out of the ball he was curled into. He wagged his tail and nuzzled Sanghyuk’s neck with a soft noise in his throat.

 

Sanghyuk moved himself around and instantly Taekwoon curled up beside him. He took a deep breath full of Sanghyuk’s scent, before turning to nuzzle his head into Sanghyuk’s neck again. He curled up slightly, taking advantage of his small size.

 

He felt more so than heard the rumble that escaped Sanghyuk before a tongue came out and dragged across the top of his head. Sanghyuk adjusted himself to curl around Taekwoon, keeping him close in general. He let out an almost purr.

 

He could feel Sanghyuk drift off to sleep by the sudden weight on his back. The deep breathing from him eased Taekwoon who also let himself drift off. Feeling so protected curled up with Sanghyuk in a way he hadn’t felt in such a long time.

 

Perhaps he never did.

 

But all Taekwoon knew was that nothing could be better than this.