I Wanna Go With You *

Under The Full Moon

Loud banging on the door, caused Sanghyuk to blink his eyes open in confusion. Sleep still filled his mind and he shook his head, reaching up to rub at his eyes.

 

What? His wolf growled softly as it was disturbed from the sleep it desperately wanted.

 

Another round of banging echoed from his door and Sanghyuk rolled over to try and look at his door. Except, he misjudged how far across his bed he was and almost screeched as he managed to roll himself off his bed.

 

He landed on the ground with  loud thud, his wolf snarling at the action. Slightly pissed that he managed to fall over.

 

It wasn’t very graceful at all.

 

“Brother! Brother!” Kangmin cried from the other side of the door.

 

Sanghyuk pushed himself up from the ground, shaking his head. “What. Do. You. Want?”

 

There was a beat of silence and Sanghyuk wondered if Kangmin had skedaddled after hearing the annoyance within Sanghyuk’s voice. Though, of course that was too much to hope for. Especially when it comes to the determination of his youngest sibling.

 

The banging returned.

 

“Brother! Brother!”

 

Sanghyuk struggled with the blankets that had managed to wrap themselves tightly around him during the night. It made moving difficult that’s for sure.

 

Once he managed to wrangle himself out of his blankets, he left them on a heap on the floor and made his way towards the door. “Kangmin. I swear to the Moon Goddess.” He opened the door, hoping that his displeasure was evident on his face.

 

“Mum and dad want to talk with you.” Kangmin said as he bounced on the balls of his feet.

 

“Can’t it wait?”

 

Kangmin hummed as he tilted his head, thinking about it slightly. “No. Not really. Dad said it was important.”

 

Sanghyuk just sighed. Looks like I won’t be able to get away from this. “Okay, fine. I’ll get dressed and go and see them.”

 

Kangmin couldn’t even get a response as the door shut in his face. He let out a squeak of surprise at it.

 

“Hey!”

 

Kangmin was just acting his annoyance out even though he really wasn’t.

 

“Go and be a good brother and tell our parents that I’ll talk to them soon.”

 

“Brother. That was rude.” Clearly mentioning towards Sanghyuk closing the door in his face.

 

“Go away, brat.” Sanghyuk called as he rummaged through his dresser in order to find some clothes to get changed into.

 

“Fine.” Kangmin huffed. “I’ll tell mum and dad that you were being mean.”

 

Sanghyuk rolled his eyes. Man, his brother way be one of the best things in his life but he was a handful majority of the time. Though him being dramatic was no surprise. Everyone in his family is dramatic.

 

It wouldn’t even be a surprise if his own mate was dramatic.

 

He heard Kangmin’s footsteps as he stormed down the hall. Throwing a hissy fit that would last like a minute and he’d calm down.

 

“Mum! Dad! Sanghyuk was being mean!”

 

Sanghyuk loved his brother but often he wished that he was safe from the dramatics for like one day.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Sanghyuk cracked open the door of the study which his parents were in, just finishing off a sandwich that he made before he went to go and talk. Hey, he needed something to eat. He was always grumpier when he was hungry.

 

“Mum, dad, you wanted to talk?” Sanghyuk entered the room and stared at his parents who were sitting together. “Kangmin said you had something to tell me.”

 

“Well, yes.” Juwon nodded as he turned to his son. “We wanted to ask you something very important.”

 

Sanghyuk blinked, confused as to why his father wasn’t getting straight to the point. But thankfully, Miyong wasn’t having any of his nonsense.

 

Miyong frowned and then looked at Sanghyuk. “We wanted to see if you could take Taekwoon out of town and show him around the territory.”

 

“Uh…Why?” Sanghyuk asked, though he was looking forward to spending more time with Taekwoon, which was something he didn’t really understand why. “Not that I’m annoyed, I’m just confused.”

 

Miyong laughed. “Are you forgetting?”

 

“Forgetting what?”

 

Juwon shook his head. “Sanghyuk, you aren’t usually this scatterbrain.”

 

“Uh…”

 

“We are talking about the buffet that the pack is throwing on today.”

 

Sanghyuk paused and opened his mouth before blinking in shock. Wait. The buffet is happening today? Chonghui gave the all clear for Taekwoon to be able to leave the hospital already?

 

How much had he missed after throwing himself into his duties as heir to the pack after neglecting it for so long?

 

“That is today?” He asked, sounding lost and confused.

 

Miyong nodded and frowned. “Sanghyuk. Are you alright?”

 

“Yeah…I am surprised.” Sanghyuk nodded. “I didn’t realise that was today.”

 

Juwon hummed. “Perhaps getting out of camp and not worrying and stressing over Alpha duties would do good for your mental health. You seem very scattered right now.”

 

“I guess I am.” Sanghyuk lowered his head, blushing. He didn’t even realise that he was so distracted and how obvious it was to everyone.

 

Miyong smiled. “We figured it would be good for you. Plus, Taekwoon trusts you the most out of everyone. He doesn’t really respond to Chonghui or Daesung, not even Hakyeon either.”

 

Sanghyuk nodded, tail flicking. “I understand.” He doesn’t need his parents to remind him of how much Taekwoon trusted him so dearly. While it was flattering, it did nothing to ease his heart which had leaped again but his mind was troubled.

 

What had happened to Taekwoon that had caused him to be so silent and quiet around everyone? What was it about Sanghyuk that eased him and had made Taekwoon so trusting towards him?

 

“Well, I mean…I guess.” He shook his head and did his best to show he wasn’t actually disappointed or worried. “I will do my bets then to help Taekwoon get eased into the dynamics of our pack.”

 

“Thank you, Sanghyuk.” Juwon stood up and smiled at him. “You should go ahead and do so now. The sooner the better.”

 

Sanghyuk nodded and smiled but decides to step forward and nuzzle both his parents. His tail wagging slightly as he felt both his parents nuzzle him back.

 

He pulled back and turned around to leave the room.

 

Seems like he has a job to do and he wasn’t one to ignore a job that was so important and urgent.

 

But where should I take Taekwoon? What would be some places that Taekwoon would want to see? Sanghyuk thought as he stepped out of the house into the warm light of the sun.

 

That was actually too difficult, there was no way for Sanghyuk to know that.

 

He hadn’t spent that much time with Taekwoon to learn his likes and dislikes after all. There was still so much for him to learn about the white wolf.

 

Suddenly, he felt himself walk straight into another, smaller, body. He stepped back and blinked as he came face-to-face with Holland who looked slightly irritated by Sanghyuk’s lack of awareness of where he was walking. His ears flicked in annoyance as he growled at his younger brother.

 

“Watch it, Sanghyuk.”

 

“Sorry.” Sanghyuk bowed his head slightly.

 

Man, he was really out of it. Hopefully the walk around the territory will clear up his thoughts. They seemed to be running a mile a minute.

 

Holland gave him a once over and raised an eyebrow. “What is up with you?”

 

“What do you mean?” Sanghyuk asked.

 

“You look out of it. Thoughts troubling you?” Holland rested his hand on Sanghyuk’s shoulder.

 

Sanghyuk sighed. “I mean…Sort of. I’m taking Taekwoon out of the hospital and around the territory. Maybe that will help ease my thoughts.”

 

“So they are troubling you.” Holland sighed as Sanghyuk nodded. “Well, I knew this would happen. You do need to-“

 

“I don’t want to find a mate!” Sanghyuk snarled, knowing what the rest of Holland’s comment was going to be.

 

He had heard it for many, many years.

 

In fact. He was surprised that neither of his parents mentioned it, probably because they decided to go easy on him for once. Sanghyuk growled lowly and turned away from Holland’s upset gaze.

 

His wolf grumbled. I have someone.

 

Sanghyuk decided to not remind his wolf that they really don’t have anyone. No-one even remotely interested them, though he had tried a few times before giving up after deciding it was pointless.

 

“I didn’t mean it like that.” Holland sighed. “I just wanted to say that you need to rely on others more often.”

 

Oh. So he wasn’t to go on the whole ‘mate’ speech thing.

 

Good.

 

He didn’t want to hear any of it anyway.

 

Sanghyuk huffed. “I know but for now I am more focused on ensuring that Taekwoon is settled into the pack and our dynamics. That may or may not be what has been majorly on my mind the past few days.”

 

Holland smirked. “Oh, I see how it is.”

 

“What do you mean?” Sanghyuk narrowed his eyes at Holland who’s smirk only grew larger by the second.

 

“No reason.” Holland cackled. “Just, you aren’t looking for a mate because a certain white wolf probably already has your attention.”

 

“That’s not the reason for it at all!” Sanghyuk snapped, fur bristling.

 

Holland raised an eyebrow. “What, so he isn’t your boyfriend?”

 

“I barely know him!” Sanghyuk felt his wolf push away from Holland and leave this conversation.

 

Thankfully, Holland seemed to sense Sanghyuk’s nervousness and waved his hand, letting Sanghyuk leave. The Alpha turned and quickly rushed towards the hospital.

 

Sanghyuk flicked his ears at a noise that came from within the hospital. He raised his head as he opened the door to see Hakyeon and Daesung standing in the lobby. Both were chatting and Hakyeon seem liked he was about to tear his hair out.

 

“Come on, Dae.”

 

“Hakyeon, we can’t. Not until the Alphas give us the all clear.” Daesung shook his head.

 

Hakyeon opened his mouth and then noticed Sanghyuk standing in the door way. “Oh, Sanghyuk!”

 

Daesung turned around and smiled warmly at the younger. “Hello, Sanghyuk. How are you?”

 

Sanghyuk smiled at the two others and approached them. “I’m doing good. Also, I’m guessing you two were talking about Taekwoon? I thought he was fine.”

 

“He is.” Daesung rubbed his temples. “Except, he is going stir crazy, but we can’t let him leave the hospital until your parents give the all clear to let him come out and interact with the pack.”

 

“Haha, speaking of which.” Sanghyuk laughed at the irony of the situation. “The pack is throwing the buffet today so my parents have asked me to take Taekwoon out around our territory for a few hours until the buffet is ready.”

 

Daesung blinked as Hakyeon let out a loud cry.

 

“Oh thank the Moon Goddess!”

 

Sanghyuk rolled his eyes. “I think you two are overreacting. He can’t be that bad.”

 

“I think you should just go and see it for yourself.” Daesung laughed.

 

Sanghyuk frowned slightly before shaking his head and pushing between the two. His tail twitching as he ignored Daesung and Hakyeon turn to a conversation of different means as they went towards Chonghui’s office in order to remind her about the buffet.

 

I think he’ll appreciate getting out into the fresh air.

 

Sanghyuk made his way towards the new room Taekwoon was staying in, considering he was out of quarantine. He wondered what Taekwoon could be doing in his room, he couldn’t hear the TV though so he doubted that was what was keeping him entertained. Hakyeon had shown Taekwoon how to use the internet and the laptop but said that Taekwoon wasn’t interested.

 

Understandably really.

 

Taekwoon must’ve been a roaming wolf and therefore being in one place must’ve been messing with him.

 

He opened the door and found himself pausing in the doorway. His expression was shock and then it changed to one of calm acceptance. His shoulders slumped as he took in the sight.

 

“Seriously?”

 

The room was almost in shreds. Somehow the curtains remained mostly intact but the bottom portion of them were ripped up and spread across the wooden floor. The blankets were strewn across the bed and feathers were floating in the air as Taekwoon dropped one of the many pillows down. It landed on the ground with a soft thud.

 

Taekwoon twitched his ears and looked guilty as Sanghyuk gazed around it.

 

He was reminded of Kangmin when he was a pup and would tear up his room to try and prove a point. Thankfully he had learned quickly that he was more likely to be ignored than noticed with those actions.

 

“I’m not going to be mad.” Sanghyuk said as he kicked at the feathers that were near his feet. “I understand why you would tear up the room, but you have to know that you can’t.”

 

Taekwoon shifted, looking sorry and lowered his head to apologise. Sanghyuk found himself feeling pity for the poor wolf. He had recovered so well and yet he was still stuck in here like some sort of prisoner.

 

“Hey, don’t be upset and worried.” Sanghyuk reassured. “I’m not going to scold you.”

 

Taekwoon blinked, raising his head up again.

 

Sanghyuk looked around the room. “Well, I wish Daesung had informed me that you were going stir crazy. But I have something to do with you.”

 

The white wolf lowered himself to the bed, whimpering, tail lashing before stilling and curling into his body. Aqua eyes blinking at Taekwoon as he buried his snout into his paws.

 

Oh !

 

“No! No, no, no!” Sanghyuk shook his head and waved his hands back and forth. “That isn’t what I meant at all.”

 

His ears twitched and he lifted his head slightly.

 

“My parents want me to show you around the territory. Get you used to the place, you know?” Sanghyuk continued on but relaxed when he noticed that Taekwoon was also relaxing. He pursed his lips before turning around. “Come on, shift back.”

 

He heard shifting of paws which was replaced by the shuffling of feet. The sound of clothes being moved and pulled on. Sanghyuk in a deep breath and closed his eyes.

 

“I’m dressed.” Taekwoon whispered and Sanghyuk turned back to face him.

 

He blinked as he noticed how the clothes fit Taekwoon incredibly well.

 

They’d look better on the floor. His wolf whispered with a devious smirk and Sanghyuk quickly shut down that train of thought. He didn’t need his mind making him even more confused.

 

“Sorry, about the room.” Taekwoon bit his lip.

 

Sanghyuk shook his head. “Oh, no. It’s fine. This is something we can fix easily. Don’t worry about it.”

 

“You’re…Taking me out of here?”

 

“Well, into the territory for a little while. It’s just to get you to relax before I introduce you to the pack.”

 

He stiffened, ears perking up. “What?”

 

“Don’t worry. They accept you but you aren’t a part of the pack and that is only if you want to be.” Sanghyuk sent out a comforting scent.

 

Taekwoon nodded, slowly as he pondered and thought over Sanghyuk’s words. Ears twitching and flicking slightly as he listened as the pack slowly began to wake up and bustle around.

 

Sanghyuk perked up as the sounds as well and grinned. “We should head off now, before everyone gets up and all the pups crowd around demanding to meet you.”

 

He blinked. “There are many pups?”

 

“Well, sort of.” Sanghyuk hummed. “How about I tell you all that while we are out in the territory, kay?”

 

Taekwoon nodded.

 

Sanghyuk held out his hand to him and waited as Taekwoon hesitated before grabbing it. Sanghyuk tugged Taekwoon closer to him and noted that the white wolf stood a few centimetres shorter than him.

 

Man, He really wanted to protect him.

 

Leaving the hospital, Sanghyuk looked back at Taekwoon who blinked at the sunlight. Almost scowling as he turned away to try and shelter his eyes from the light. While it wasn’t that bright it couldn’t be too nice on Taekwoon’s sensitive eyes.

 

Lighter eyes are always more sensitive than most.

 

“Don’t worry. You’ll get used to it.” Sanghyuk tugged Taekwoon along behind him. Better for the two of them to get out of here as soon as possible. He doubted Taekwoon wanted to hang around especially as the scents would be overwhelming him at the moment.

 

“There is too many scents.” Taekwoon whimpered.

 

“We’ll be out of here soon. Then we’ll be back once you’ve calmed down.”

 

Taekwoon nodded, looking panicked as he kept his gaze away from the sky towards the ground. He nibbled on his bottom lip as he struggled with the entire thing.

 

“ALPHA!”

 

Sanghyuk paused and turned as he felt Taekwoon stiffen behind him, His hands dropped to slightly curl around his shirt. The Alpha Wolf growled lowly but stopped when he realised just who had called out to him.

 

Seungcheol was being dragged along by Jeonghan who was grinning widely as they made their way towards them. Sanghyuk almost laughed at the exaggerated exasperated expression upon Seungcheol’s face. No one could deny that Seungcheol was entirely whipped for his loveable, yet dramatic, mate.

 

Their fingers were interlocked which surprised him. Jeonghan didn’t really like PDA.

 

“Seungcheol. Jeonghan.” Sanghyuk greeted and stepped towards them, letting his pack mates nudge them with their faces. His wolf calmed down as he lowered his head slightly before stepping back. “What are you two doing here? Usually Jeonghan hates getting up before eleven am.”

 

Jeonghan looked around Sanghyuk’s shoulder to stare at Taekwoon who refused to look up. “Oh! He’s looking much better.”

 

“Well, after a month of recovering, you’d hope so.” Seungcheol chuckled and tugged Jeonghan back. “Don’t freak him out, babe.”

 

“I’m just worried. Can’t I be?” Jeonghan asked.

 

Taekwoon blinked. “Um…”

 

“Oh.” Sanghyuk realised that Taekwoon doesn’t remember that Jeonghan helped to find and retrieve him. “Taekwoon, this is Jeonghan who helped Holland – my brother – and I bring you back to town to get you the treatment. The other male is Seungcheol, they are mates, who is one of our best warriors.”

 

“Hello, Taekwoon.” Seungcheol waved his hand and Taekwoon let out a soft greeting. Sanghyuk smiled at him and chuckled quietly.

 

“I have to show Taekwoon around our territory, so I’ll talk with you two later.” Sanghyuk said as he lightly pushed Taekwoon towards the exit of the town.

 

“Okay!” Jeonghan trilled. “See ya, Alpha!”

 

Taekwoon watched as Seungcheol and Jeonghan quickly walked away and then looked back at Sanghyuk. “Alpha?”

 

Sanghyuk nodded. “Yeah, I’m the heir of this pack, and the wolves who weren’t part of our pack at first tend to refer to us Alphas by our title a lot more than others.”

 

Aqua eyes blinked widely at him, the sight too cute for Sanghyuk to handle.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Ah!”

 

Taekwoon ducked as a hawk swooped down past his face, frozen in shock and terror. Sanghyuk growled at the bird that perched on a branch and called out a warning to them.

 

Sanghyuk frowned and lashed his tail before nudging Taekwoon into moving down the path. “Don’t mind the hawks. They are nuisances.”

 

“I don’t like birds.”

 

“Neither do I.” Sanghyuk couldn’t help the laugh that escaped his lips. “They are one of the few things that actually freak me out – especially if they startle me.” He admitted as they relaxed into an easy walk with each other.

 

“Why did it attack me?” Taekwoon sounded so upset and distressed about the entire thing that just happened.

 

“It was just protecting its nest or territory.” Sanghyuk responded. “Also, it doesn’t know you, as they tend to avoid and ignore us.”

 

A huff escape Taekwoon as he folded his arms and pouted.

 

Sanghyuk let out a soft coo at the cute sight. Taekwoon glanced at him and then turned away with his cheeks tinging pink.

 

“You are adorable.” Sanghyuk couldn’t stop himself from speaking out loud and paused as he watched for Taekwoon’s reaction.

 

Taekwoon ducked his head. “Thank you, Alpha.” He whispered, voice shy.

 

“Just stating the truth.” Sanghyuk said, looking around the territory before thinking about where he could take Taekwoon. Somewhere that could keep them distracted for a few hours and give the pack enough time to make and finish the buffet in time.

 

“Taekwoon,” Said wolf turned to look at him in curiosity. “Is there anything you really like?”

 

“Like?”

 

“Something you want to see.” Sanghyuk said. “A large tree, a cliff, a river, a lake, anything like that.”

 

Taekwoon shifted and tilted his head as he became lost in thoughts. Clearly thinking it over, looking as though he hadn’t really thought about it before. That made Sanghyuk feel sorry for him.

 

“I really like rivers.” Taekwoon spoke shyly. “But, I’ve never really been to one before. Not for several years at least.”

 

Sanghyuk nodded. “Well, okay.” That brought something to mind. It wasn’t typically a place Sanghyuk liked going to as he was used to it by now, but he figured maybe Taekwoon would enjoy it.

 

“Why?” Taekwoon asked as he followed Sanghyuk further into the territory. “Why did you ask?”

 

“No reason.” Sanghyuk said, his voice trailing into a more musical tone.

 

Taekwoon looked sceptical but didn’t even try arguing as he followed behind him. Sanghyuk grinned at him over his shoulder before breaking out into a run and then shifting into his wolf form. He heard Taekwoon’s shocked and surprised cry but then heard the sound of four paw steps right behind him.

 

He wasn’t as fast as Sanghyuk who really wasn’t surprised. Not many people were as fast as Sanghyuk as wolves.

 

He barked happily, feeling the ground beneath his feet rumble slightly from the strength of his muscles.

 

The trees shifted and darkened around them but he was not worried. Taekwoon seemed to be right behind him, that or he had really good eyesight in order to keep gaze on Sanghyuk’s dark fur. Though Taekwoon would stand out against literally anything.

 

Sanghyuk skidded to a halt and looked to the side as Taekwoon reached him. He shook out his fur and looked at Sanghyuk with a shocked look. Not expecting to stop so soon.

 

Well, the next spot would be further away from them. Hopefully Taekwoon enjoyed this spot as much as Sanghyuk used to. A part of his mind whispered to him that is Taekwoon liked it then he too would enjoy it so much more than before.

 

Sanghyuk raised his paw up and pointed, making Taekwoon follow the direction he was pointing in. His head tilted as his struggled to figure out what Sanghyuk was showing him.

 

However, he realised exactly what Sanghyuk was showing him as he bounded forward. His ears perking up and tail wagging from side to side as a grin crossed his face. Taekwoon looked at Sanghyuk over his shoulder and barked.

 

The sound of the river was now loud as Sanghyuk stood beside Taekwoon, staring down at the white wolf. He was shocked at how small the wolf was.

 

He needs to be protected.

 

The sunlight streamed in through the canopy, casting a beautiful rainbow shine over the lapping water, that splashed up against the slim and sleek stones that decorated the edges of the river. Beautiful koi fish swam through the water and the water lilies lazy bobbed up and down as the waves shifted them slightly.

 

The light sparkled out across the grass and ground that settled beautiful colours scattered across everything.

 

Sanghyuk turned to face Taekwoon who looked awestruck and felt his breath leave his lungs as he saw how the white wolf looked in the beautiful lights and colours.

 

The rainbow colours were standing out against his white fur, while mixing in and even revealed how the muscles under the fur was beginning to return. The strength in Taekwoon’s body showed how much the time in Moon Shadows hospital have been good for him and his health. In fact, his fur looked softer in the light and Sanghyuk felt the urge to rub his face against it.

 

“It’s beautiful.” Taekwoon whispered, voice full of shock and amazement.

 

Sanghyuk was surprised that he could hear Taekwoon. Usually you could only hear others as wolves if they were part of your pack or you really trusted them. That had to say a lot, if Taekwoon was allowing Sanghyuk to hear him.

 

“Yeah.” Sanghyuk said shaking his head as Taekwoon approached the water. “It is.” However, Sanghyuk wasn’t sure if he was talking about the river or Taekwoon at this point.

 

It could be either and Sanghyuk wasn’t bothered if it was indeed the latter option.

 

Taekwoon looked down at some of the coloured stones that decorated the river. He sniffed them and looked at Sanghyuk with wide eyes. “Are they real crystals?” At Sanghyuk’s nod Taekwoon hummed and sniffed as he nudged an amber coloured Topaz. “They are pretty.” He stood up as he stepped into the cool water, sighing at the sensation. “I’ve never seen a river like this before.”

 

Sanghyuk stepped into the river as well and smiled at him. “Yeah, it is our pack’s proudest spot. All of our sister packs like to come here, especially when the weather warms up. It always remains cool during summer and spring and warms up during autumn and winter.”

 

Taekwoon grinned at the Alpha behind him. “Can we stay here for a while?”

 

“Sure.”

 

Taekwoon looked so excited and Sanghyuk had the sudden desire to play with him. He raised his paw to slash at the water, causing the water droplets to splash up at Taekwoon’s face. He squeaked and jumped out of the water.

 

His claws scratched at the rocks and yelped as he almost fell backwards into the river.

 

Sanghyuk let out a bark of shock as he surged forward to grab Taekwoon’s scruff, helping pull him up onto the rocks he had previous tried to jump onto.

 

Taekwoon shook his fur out and sent him a thankful smile.

 

He could only find himself smiling back.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Almost, two hours later had two wet wolves walking towards the second location that Sanghyuk had thought of visiting. After that they’d go straight back to the town. The buffet should be finished and ready to eat by now.

 

The river had been refreshing and it had brought Taekwoon even further out of his shell. He had not once stopped talking about the river and everything that he saw on the way to the island. Sanghyuk didn’t mind, Taekwoon’s voice was soft and comforting, relaxing his mind.

 

Taekwoon also complained about the fish and how they were s. Sanghyuk told him that their hunters could teach him how to fish, since he was terrible about at it.

 

Taekwoon had about it and Sanghyuk had grown defensive and did his best to catch one to impress Taekwoon. Except that went horribly and he had ended up scratching his shoulder. They decided to leave and continue on their way.

 

“Are we there yet?” Taekwoon asked, voice raising in his complaint. “We’ve been walking for ages!”

 

“Yes.” Sanghyuk laughed as he stopped and flicked his tail at him. “Our territory may be large but we’ve been walking for about forty minutes.”

 

“My legs are so sore!”

 

“I know but we can rest for a little bit.” He nudged Taekwoon and nodded his chin towards the island in front of them.

 

Taekwoon frowned and tilted his head as he stared at the lake with the island that stood out against it. The trees were the only thing that stood out, but the cave that could be seen slightly through the trees that made Taekwoon glance at Sanghyuk.

 

“That’s the Serpent Bridge, named after it’s appearance.” Sanghyuk nodded towards the bridge that connected the land to the island.

 

“This island is important?”

 

“Yes. Historically, it was where the founders of Moon Shadows came to relax before they managed to solidify their own territory.” It is also where Alphas and their mates come for mating. Sanghyuk chuckled. “You don’t need to worry about it, but every member of the pack need to know where the island is. Just in case, you know.”

 

Taekwoon blinked. “You mentioned sister packs?”

 

“Oh yeah, our territory is much larger than this, and there are about six hundred members of our pack after all.”

 

Taekwoon froze in shock at that but Sanghyuk merely laughed loudly at his expression.

 

“Don’t worry. You won’t meet many of them, I don’t and I’m the heir to this pack.” He smiled at Taekwoon. “Come on, let’s head back to town before the pack send out wolves to find us.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“I smell food.”

 

Taekwoon’s squeal was startling as it drew Sanghyuk from his thoughts of the pack. He had been doing that a lot, thinking about the pack, that is.

 

Somehow being ed back into his Alpha duties he was able to think of his pack with ease. Yet, he had a sneaky feeling that something else was effecting his thought process.

 

Sanghyuk nodded as Taekwoon grinned. They had both shifted back a few minutes ago and decided to walk back to town as humans. Taekwoon’s wolf form would draw in a lot of attention and Sanghyuk would probably snap at his pack mates if they overwhelmed him.

 

“Yeah, the pack always throws a buffet when introducing new members to the pack.” Sanghyuk said and Taekwoon blushed.

 

“For me?”

 

Sanghyuk nodded. “Heh, don’t like the attention?” He grinned at the flushed embarrassment on his face.

 

Taekwoon suddenly stiffened and shook his head. “No…Not this kind of attention, not a welcoming kind anyway.”

 

Sanghyuk kept his wolf back as it tried pushing forward to protect him. He let his tail curled around Taekwoon’s body. “Don’t worry. The pack won’t bother you as this is mainly for you to meet my parents and siblings.”

 

“Okay.” Taekwoon nodded and then followed Sanghyuk into town, nose twitching as he tried to identify the different food smells in the air. He then paused and saw all the wolves dancing together, listening to the band playing music that was amplified by the speakers. Loud chatter resonated around the town and Taekwoon pressed himself closer to Sanghyuk. “There are so many scents.”

 

“Don’t worry, you’ll get used to it.” Sanghyuk reassured and then they both heard a high-pitched squeal.

 

“Shinil.” Sanghyuk chuckled as he stepped towards the young pup, sweeping him up into his arms. Shinil giggled as he wrapped his arms around Sanghyuk’s neck. “Where are your parents?”

 

Shinil looked around and then pointed towards Hyoshin who was talking with Hongbin. Sanghyuk just raised an eyebrow before looking back at the pup, running his fingers down his cream ears.

 

“Go on and go to your father, I’m busy right now, kiddo.” Sanghyuk murmured and Shinil nodded eagerly, looking at Taekwoon and squirming to be let out of Sanghyuk’s arms.

 

Once he was on the ground, Shinil managed to slip his way through the crowd. Hyoshin turned to look at Shinil and smiled as he picked his youngest pup up, earning a swift giggle from the child. He then pressed kisses to his son’s face.

 

“That’s cute.” Taekwoon said.

 

Sanghyuk nodded. “Yeah. You’d never believe that Hyoshin never wanted kids but now he has three little ones.”

 

Taekwoon was surprised by that but he couldn’t get another word in. Because Sanghyuk’s siblings were s.

 

“Sanghyuk!”

 

Haebin and Kangmin walked up, and Sanghyuk frowned at the two of them. Wondering if he’d be able to kill them and not have it being traced back to him. Though that was highly unlikely considering that he would be the first person as the suspect.

 

“Oh no, look who it is.” Sanghyuk ruffled Kangmin’s hair who complained loudly at the action and that Sanghyuk was ruining his hair.

 

Haebin looked at Taekwoon and smiled at him. “Hello, Taekwoon. I’m Haebin, Sanghyuk’s twin sister, and that is Kangmin, our baby brother.”

 

“Are you both Alphas?” Taekwoon asked as Sanghyuk and Kangmin turned to them. Well, Sanghyuk’s arm was around Kangmin’s neck as he held him in a choke hold.

 

“Yeah, but neither of us want to be Alpha. Too stressful in our opinions.” Haebin said grinning at Sanghyuk. “So Sanghyuk is pretty much the only one who can be heir.”

 

She paused and then muttered. “Honestly, I don’t know how he survived this long.”

 

“He doesn’t seem like someone to buckle under pressure.” Taekwoon said, his voice dropping as his ears and tail curled in on his body. Nervous about talking so much.

 

“Just wait. He’ll down a few energy drinks and then jump off a building if to see how much damage he can take.” Haebin muttered.

 

Kangmin cried. “Look at my hair! It’s ruined now!”

 

“Sanghyuk.”

 

Taekwoon stiffened as his entire body tensed, preparing to bolt at the first sign of displeasure from them.

 

Sanghyuk’s wolf jumped back to its senses and he leaped forward to stand beside Taekwoon. Hey, he wasn’t going to let Taekwoon deal with his parents on his own after all. “Taekwoon, these are my parents, Juwon and Miyong. They are the Alphas of Moon Shadows, this pack. Mum, dad, this is Taekwoon.” He turned to Holland. “This is Holland, my older brother as well.”

 

Juwon smiled and held his hand out for Taekwoon to take. Taekwoon looked at the hand and then at Juwon’s face. He hesitated before taking Juwon’s hand and let his body relax in a form of submission.

 

He didn’t realise that the entire family had relaxed.

 

“Hello, Taekwoon. We’ve heard so much about you.” Juwon looked at Sanghyuk who blushed slightly.

 

Did his father really have to mention that?

 

“Uh…Okay…?” Taekwoon shivered slightly, unsure of how to take that comment.

 

Miyong smiled. “Only good things don’t worry. You do not need to be intimidated, my dear. You are in safe hands here.” Taekwoon looked at Miyong with a curious look. “We want to ask you something.”

 

Juwon continued. “We know you need to be watched, at least for a little while, so Miyong and I discussed this for quite some time. We have a spare bedroom in the Alpha house that you can stay in until we find another spot for you.” He paused. “If you want.”

 

“That’s all?” Taekwoon asked, looking at Sanghyuk with a very confused expression.

 

Sanghyuk was frozen in shock. What? Was his parents telling the truth? How come they never mentioned it to him? Judging by the looks on his siblings, they were also surprised.

 

“Well, we want to ask you if you want to join our pack.” Juwon said after Miyong nudged him to continue. “You will need to be trained by our hunters and warriors, however, so even if you want to leave you have the ability to take care of yourself.”

 

Sanghyuk growled lowly, catching the attention of Haebin who frowned at him.

 

Taekwoon blinked. “It’s my choice?”

 

“Of course, dear.” Miyong nodded.

 

Taekwoon paused as he looked down, wondering if he should or shouldn’t. His eyes tightened shut before he opened them again and raised his head, noticing Sanghyuk watching him carefully with a look of pure acceptance and care.

 

Taekwoon looked back to Miyong and Juwon who were silent as they awaited for Taekwoon’s answer.

 

“I accept to join your pack.”