The More That Happens *

Under The Full Moon

Sanghyuk stood next to the window that showed the room in which Luhan and Joshua were now currently resting in. This allowed them to be monitored by the Thetas without them being in the same room as them.

 

They were sleeping soundly as Sanghyuk reasoned that he shouldn’t be so worried about them. They were in capable hands after all.

 

However, seeing them in the hospital beds was strangely comforting.

 

They had been unconscious for majority of the past three days but they were recovering incredibly quickly. Having the two of them in walking distance from him as eased his mind and calmed him down immensely, his wolf huffing and pawing slightly at the ground before relaxing once more.

 

His ear flicked as he heard footsteps approaching him.

 

He knew who it was.

 

He had rarely left his side after all.

 

“Your parents are looking for you.” Taekwoon said as he stopped right beside Sanghyuk, looking worriedly at him as if knowing that Sanghyuk was conflicted. Conflicted with many different things.

 

“I kind of already figured that.” Sanghyuk said. “I haven’t been at home recently.”

 

“Worried?”

 

Sanghyuk let out a chuckle. “Is it that obvious?”

 

Taekwoon frowned. “Yeah. Just a little.”

 

Sanghyuk sighed and scuffed the ground. “I…I’m sorry. I’ll try to keep my emotions at bay.”

 

“I think they’d be more concerned if you did that.” Taekwoon said, trying to lighten the mood slightly.

 

Sanghyuk smiled at his attempt. At least he was trying and leaned against him, tail curling towards him. “Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

 

Taekwoon rested his hand on Sanghyuk’s shoulder. “Sanghyuk…What’s wrong?”

 

His shoulders slumped and shook his head. “I don’t really know.”

 

Taekwoon pressed their shoulders together. “I’m not going to push you.”

 

I wish you would to push me into doing things for the pack. Sanghyuk didn’t bother saying that out loud. He wasn’t sure how Taekwoon would take that. Probably not really well. If he could get a sense of Taekwoon’s personality in general.

 

He noticed that Taekwoon was beginning to knead Sanghyuk’s shoulder which surprised the Alpha. Well, he wasn’t one for physical contact in general but he didn’t want Taekwoon to feel bad if he flinched or pulled away from touching. Cause it was nothing bad just a preference and the sensitive skin he had.

 

Then again, Taekwoon was initiating a lot of physical contact the past three days.

 

Probably worried about Sanghyuk. Might as well come clean then.

 

“I’m worried about our sister packs.” Sanghyuk admitted finally out loud.

 

“Because of the Evening Pack?”

 

“Luhan and Joshua are strong wolves. There is no reason for them to have been overwhelmed by them. As if the Evening Pack have gotten stronger without anyone knowing or realising.”

 

“But there were ten wolves.” Taekwoon cried. “Don’t even lie to me, Sungjae informed me of that. No wolf can take five wolves on their own. Except-“

 

Taekwoon snapped his mouth shut, cheeks colouring slightly as he was about to continue on with that thought process.

 

Sanghyuk glanced at him curiously and his lips twitched upwards in amusement. “Except what?”

 

“Nothing.” He turned away, embarrassed and suddenly shy.

 

“Oh really? Is it now?’ Sanghyuk asked, his tone light and teasing as he leaned towards him.

 

Taekwoon huffed. “This isn’t about what I was or wasn’t going to say. This is about you and your worry.”

 

Just cause he was right doesn’t mean Sanghyuk wanted to let go of this discussion. “Nuh uh. Come on. It can’t be that hard to tell me.”

 

“Fine.” Taekwoon turned to look at him. “I was going to say, ‘except for Alphas’ as wolves can’t take on five other wolves.”

 

“That wasn’t that hard now was it?”

 

“It was embarrassing.” Taekwoon flicked his tail. “Anyway, no wolf can take on five wolves without being overwhelmed.”

 

Sanghyuk suddenly realised that it sounded as though Taekwoon was speaking from experience about that which made his wolf growl in annoyance at that prospect but he quietened it. He looked back at the glass and nodded. “Yeah, that’s a fair assessment, except we have some of the strongest wolves in the area because the strength of the wolf is in direct correlation with the size and age of the pack itself.”

 

“Wait, really?”

 

Sanghyuk nodded. “Yeah. It’s why rogue packs can be overwhelmed easiest because their size is so small.”

 

Taekwoon frowned slightly. “Not the case if you are part of the pack.”

 

The Alpha sighed and moved to brush his body against Taekwoon’s side as he walked past him. His tail raised to curl around his body as well. Aqua eyes widened and flickered towards Sanghyuk’s golden ones.

 

“I am sorry for what you’ve had to go through in your old pack.” Sanghyuk whispered as he leaned in closer towards Taekwoon who flicked his gaze down to his lips before back to his eyes. It happened so quickly that Sanghyuk wasn’t even sure he saw it properly.

 

“You have been nothing but amazing to me.” Taekwoon said softly, if Sanghyuk was any further away he wouldn’t have been able to hear it properly.

 

Was Taekwoon talking about the pack or Sanghyuk?

 

“I’m glad to hear that.”

 

Taekwoon smirked slightly which left Sanghyuk feeling perplexed but then he spoke answering his unasked question.

 

“But seriously, your parents asked me to get you.”

 

Sanghyuk blinked and flicked his ear is mild annoyance. “Yeah. Yeah.”

 

Taekwoon’s smile showed that he knew that Sanghyuk wasn’t really upset.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Son.” Juwon called as soon as Taekwoon and Sanghyuk left the hospital.

 

“Father?” Sanghyuk asked before he perked up upon noticing the two wolves that stood behind his father. They were a couple Sanghyuk rarely saw but knew well.

 

“Theo? Nyla?”

 

“Alpha Sanghyuk.” They bowed their heads in greeting.

 

Taekwoon looked confused towards Sanghyuk who wondered how he was going to introduce Taekwoon to Theo and Nyla. Especially without raising too many eyebrows and questions being asked that he isn’t sure how to answer.

 

“Theo and Nyla arrived an hour ago, concerned as to what happened to Luhan and Joshua. Wanting us to tell them what happened directly.” Juwon explained.

 

Sanghyuk’s heart jostled as he subconsciously moved to rub his wrist. Trying to ease the non-existent pain. It had been sore for a day.

 

This was a conversation Sanghyuk had been dreading, even if it was only subconsciously.

 

Juwon stepped up to Taekwoon who looked wide-eyed at him. “Taekwoon and I will go and ask Chonghui if the two of them are able to leave today.”

 

Sanghyuk’s wolf almost whined out loud at that.

 

As much as he loved his father, he tended to like it when his father didn’t refuse to hold conversations with their sister packs, which as his duty as much as it was Sanghyuk’s. Heck, it was his more-so his duty. However, Sanghyuk’s diplomacy skills were getting better and better which is why his parents relied on him more in these circumstances.

 

On one hand, Sanghyuk felt proud of the fact he was trusted to interact with his sister packs and was pleased with how much better he was becoming at the whole thing. However, he hated it because being forced to interact with others when there were more well-equipped wolves that could do so in his place instead.

 

But, he couldn’t rely on his pack like that.

 

It was his duty as future Alpha to do this instead of them after all. To prove he was thinking of the good of the pack.

 

Taekwoon silently nodded, not really wanting to speak up and glanced at Sanghyuk over his shoulder with a slight panicked look. Sanghyuk, Theo and Nyla just watched the two enter the hospital once more. Juwon had drawn Taekwoon into a conversation, so Sanghyuk was not too concerned about Taekwoon’s comfort levels.

 

“Alpha.” Sanghyuk turned to face Nyla who had her gaze land on his wrist. “Your wrist.”

 

“Oh.” Sanghyuk raised his wrist. “Yeah, that happened…”

 

He dropped his wrist to his side. “But my wounds are minor ones, compared to what Joshua and Luhan had received. They were – still are – worse off than me and Sungjae.”

 

Theo’s eyes darkened at the knowledge and confirmation that the wolves in his sister pack were attacked on the territory where they were meant to be the safest. The darkness wasn’t directed at Sanghyuk and Sanghyuk could understand the anger but his wolf refused to act out on it.

 

“How are they?” Despite the dark eyes, his voice displayed his concern and worry for everyone to hear.

 

“Alive and well. The rest has helped them to recovering faster.” Sanghyuk answered. “They will make a full recovery; they are strong wolves after all.”

 

“Strong wolves don’t get jumped.” Nyla whispered. “How strong were those other wolves?”

 

“Not strong, but quick and silent.” Sanghyuk replied, irritated by how his wolves were taken by shock.

 

“But why were they attacked?” Theo asked, anger beginning to seep into his voice.

 

Sanghyuk growled, ears laying flat back. “The Evening Pack has allowed a rogue pack to join their ranks. And they believe they have full right to think that Taekwoon belongs to them.”

 

“Taekwoon?” Nyla looked towards the hospital. “The white wolf?”

 

Sanghyuk could only nod in response.

 

“Then why don’t you hand him over?’ Theo asked, not realising what he was implying. “Our pack’s health and safety is more important than just some rogue wolf’s protection. After all, if they attacked because of him-“

 

Sanghyuk spun around and snarled, fur bristling along his body. Instantly he saw Nyla and Theo back off, not really sure how to take Sanghyuk’s response but knew it wasn’t a good one in the slightest bit.

 

“They have full right to come onto our territory for a peaceful conversation about Taekwoon where they can inform of as to how Taekwoon is supposedly so dangerous and is a threat. Yet they haven’t and have trespassed twice, and one of those times they attacked Joshua and Luhan. But I am not going to hand Taekwoon over to them considering all they have proven if that they will kill him they get a hold on him.”

 

His voice was low and deep, which was appropriate considering his wolf had almost full control of the situation at the moment. Pushing his status and rank to force Theo and Nyla to listen closely to his words and understand that that isn’t something he is willing to give up on.

 

Theo, as expected, cowered and bowed. Submitting and it was a clear reminder as to who was in charge.

 

Sanghyuk respected Theo, as you have to respect the others in your pack but felt as though Theo did need to remember who he was talking to sometimes.

 

The rest of the main pack who were nearby watched awkwardly but flicked his tail to call them off. They didn’t instantly relax but carried on with their day. No point in worrying when Sanghyuk had it under control.

 

“Sanghyuk-Alpha.” Nyla said and Sanghyuk glanced at her quickly, wondering where she was going. “Is Taekwoon…your…?”

 

“No.”

 

Theo snorted, making a face as he raised his chin. “You are awfully protective of a wolf that isn’t your mate.”

 

Sanghyuk opened his mouth and then shut it again.

 

How does he explain that Taekwoon is to him without making it sound weird and creepy?

 

“He isn’t my official mate, I should say.” Sanghyuk said, catching their attention again. It was an odd way to describe their relationship.

 

“How can you be an unofficial mate to someone?” Nyla asked. “Last time I checked; Alphas don’t necessarily do that.”

 

“It’s true. They don’t.” Sanghyuk now felt embarrassed at being caught in his feeble attempt to explain what they are without giving anything away. He should probably just come out and tell them the truth.

 

They’d find out one way or another after all.

 

“He’s my Fated Mate.” He quickly said, hoping that they didn’t catch it but he saw on their faces that they caught it. Fair and square.

 

The truth is out to them now at least.

 

Might as well explain it all.

 

“My grandfather told me that Fated Mates can be aware of if their mate is a threat or danger to their pack or family, and the fact when I found him I knew he was defenceless indicates that he isn’t. However, he must’ve done something that his old pack deemed unworthy to attack him as he ran away but we won’t push for answers.”

 

I won’t push for answers.

 

“Do you think he’ll run from Moon Shadows?” Theo asked, body relaxing as he realised why Sanghyuk cared for Taekwoon.

 

Sanghyuk shook his head. “I don’t know. I hope he doesn’t.”

 

“What if he does run?” Nyla spoke. “Would you follow him or let him go?”

 

“I’d let him go. Even if it hurt me to.” Sanghyuk said though his wolf growl at him because of it. “If he doesn’t feel comfortable and runs, who am I to stop him. I have a duty to the pack.”

 

“But you can’t move on if your Fated Mate leaves you.” Nyla said, sounding extremely worried for Sanghyuk if that situation did arise.

 

“I know.” Sanghyuk murmured, tail flicking. He shook his head and raised his head to look at them. “But, keep an eye out for the Evening Pack. Your pack needs to be on high alert because of how close in proximity you are to them.”

 

“Yes, Alpha.” Theo nodded.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Taekwoon hovered at the edge of the room in which Joshua and Luhan were now situated in. Chonghui had just left to check to see if they could be discharged and Juwon had joined her in evaluating the results.

 

Taekwoon wasn’t really sure why they would even consider it.

 

He’d rather them stay in the main pack’s town in order to fully recover and return once that has been achieved.

 

However, he was in no position to suggest that, though he had a feeling Sanghyuk also felt the same way. If Sanghyuk’s worry and panic watching over them was anything to go by, and Taekwoon certainly was.

 

“So, Taekwoon.” Taekwoon was jerked back to reality and looked over at Joshua who had spoken up.

 

Taekwoon tried to keep his posture at ease since he really doesn’t like attention on him. With Joshua and Luhan looking at him with curious gazes emphasized that attention and spot light that was suddenly put on him.

 

He knew he would have to do better when attention was turned to him. Along with learning how to accept certain amounts of attention in general.

 

“Yes?” Taekwoon gulped, hoping that his unease wasn’t obvious – but he was certain that it actually was. He could be an open book as Jaehwan had informed him of that fact earlier.

 

It still took him by surprise at how observant Moon Shadows actually were in general. Especially since other packs he’s ever met were as observant as a blind and deaf animal that had no sense of smell.

 

That is to say, none at all.

 

“We were curious about something.” Luhan said as he rested his chin atop his knees.

 

“Yes?” Taekwoon mentally kicked himself for his repeated comment. Did he have to say it again like that? Could he be any more obvious.

 

“Your old pack is after you.”

 

Taekwoon stiffened and remembered that the Evening Pack had attacked them because they were after him. So of course they were going to be curious about the entire thing.

 

He might as well answer some questions.

 

Just not everything.

 

He nodded and saw Joshua and Luhan seemed to share a silent conversation with a single look.

 

“Why?” Joshua asked.

 

“Disagreements.” Taekwoon replied simply. “I ran off.”

 

Luhan raised an eyebrow. “Is that it?”

 

Taekwoon shrugged. “It’s…complicated. They think I owe them something. Believe me when I say that they would’ve killed me years ago if they didn’t have a use for me.”

 

Luhan and Joshua stiffened at that. Clearly the idea that a pack would kill another packmate had given them the wrong vibe. Also, irritated by the fact that they were attacking another pack in order to prove a point or something.

 

The air shifted and Taekwoon almost recoiled at how to confusion morphed into protectiveness.

 

It seemed final as the sensation hung around the room.

 

Taekwoon was struck by it all. Their clear desire to help protect Taekwoon from an unjust pack even though they don’t even know him. It was emotional to say the least.

 

Is this what being part of a pack was like?

 

The door pushed open to reveal Juwon and Chonghui who seemed to have finished up their discussion. Taekwoon laid his ears back when he realised what that meant. Seemed like Joshua and Luhan were going home after all.

 

Chonghui smiled warmly at the two wolves. “Well, Joshua, Luhan, you may not be entirely healed up but it is enough for your medics to take over and ensure you are more patched up. They won’t have to worry about keeping you alive, we took care of that part.”

 

“So, we can go home?” Luhan asked eagerly.

 

“Yes, but you won’t be able to shift or strain yourselves. Those wounds may reopen even though we stitched them up.” Chonghui responded. “Your medics will have to give you the all clear.”

 

Taekwoon turned his head away when he saw Luhan and Joshua look relieved and pleased about being able to go home. If they are unable to shift unless absolute necessary then why are they still allowing them to leave?

 

“Taekwoon?” Juwon asked, noticing that Taekwoon was holding himself differently and more closed in than previously.

 

Taekwoon shook his head before glancing at the Alpha, unsure if he really should speak up or not. But, shouldn’t he at least voice some concerns?

 

“You can speak.” Juwon said knowing that Taekwoon was unsure about speaking up.

 

He opened his mouth and then shut it again as he rubbed his arm uncertainly. “Shouldn’t…Shouldn’t they stay here until they are able to shift? Wouldn’t it be dangerous to let them leave?”

 

Chonghui and Juwon shared a look and Taekwoon suddenly felt worried about voicing his concerns. Of course they’d know what they were doing. Why would he even question them?

 

Juwon sighed. “I know you may be confused but their healers are just as great as Chonghui and her children here. But, our Sister Packs are our first line of defence and having a smaller amount of warriors in their ranks can be very dangerous.”

 

Taekwoon pursed his lips and turned away with a conflicted expression upon his face.

 

“I guess…”

 

Joshua flicked his ear. “Don’t worry about it. It’s fine and we’ll be able to get back home easily. They wouldn’t let us out if we can’t take care of ourselves.”

 

An ear flick was the only response Taekwoon gave them but they didn’t decide to push for answers. They guessed that Taekwoon was still upset about it all but didn’t want to argue with Juwon and Chonghui who knew what they were doing.

 

The two of them were still so injured.

 

Luhan grinned at Taekwoon despite the wince he gave away – the split lip would take a while to heal. “I’m glad you are worried, seems like you actually are part of the pack.”

 

Taekwoon’s ears laid back in a mix of embarrassment and worry. While he knew he was falling into the ranks of Moon Shadows, but it was odd coming from a wolf from a Sister Pack, especially when he was the reason they got attacked.

 

Taekwoon looked away, struggling to keep his tears at bay that he had a feeling were about to spill over. “I’m the reason-“

 

Juwon immediately cut him off. “You are not.” Taekwoon looked at him with wide eyes. “They attacked our pack, regardless of their reasoning, that isn’t something we’ll stand for no matter what the circumstances say. Every pack here knows we don’t fight and are more than willing to allow peaceful negotiations to occur.”

 

Taekwoon bit the inside of his cheek, not letting his eyes leave the Alpha.

 

“However, we won’t be believing what they say because of the fact they attacked us unprovoked. We won’t stand for actions like that.”

 

Now that made Taekwoon feel a little better. Not by much but he felt better than he did earlier.

 

“Come now.” Juwon said as he turned around to leave. “Theo and Nyla have probably been informed of the entire situation by Sanghyuk. We should go and meet them.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Sanghyuk turned his head when he heard the footsteps of his father leaving the hospital with Chonghui, Taekwoon, Luhan and Joshua is tow.

 

Luhan and Joshua looked much better now they were in the sunlight but still looked worse for wear. Taekwoon seemed uncomfortable and constantly sent concerned and worried glances towards Luhan and Joshua. They seemed more amused by Taekwoon’s clear cut worry.

 

I don’t really want them to leave.

 

He noticed Nyla and Theo’s expressions turn to those of worry as they reached their warriors and checked them over themselves.

 

Taekwoon flicked his ears as he approached Sanghyuk and murmured lowly but loud enough for Sanghyuk to hear. “I still don’t think letting them leave now is a good idea.”

 

Sanghyuk huffed out a laugh. “I was just thinking that. Get out of my head.” He shot Taekwoon a cheeky grin who gave him a pointed look.

 

“You aren’t worried about it?”

 

“Yeah but I know my packmates.” Sanghyuk replied easily. “Chonghui wouldn’t let them leave if she wasn’t positive that they can’t handle themselves. Which they can.”

 

“Except for being jumped.”

 

“Which can happen to the best of wolves.”

 

Taekwoon shrugged and stuffed his hands into the pockets of the pants he was wearing. Sanghyuk noticed that Taekwoon looked quite comfortable in the clothes, and warm.

 

“Are you alright, Woon?” Sanghyuk asked, giving Taekwoon a nickname which earned him a raised eyebrow and a slight blush on his cheeks.

 

Taekwoon then shrugged again. “I’ll be fine.”

 

Sanghyuk wanted to protest but Nyla and Theo approached them. Wanting to speak with Taekwoon themselves, curious about him. Sanghyuk met their gazes and nudged Taekwoon slightly.

 

“Taekwoon, this is Nyla and Theo. The standing Alphas of Moon Shadows Crystals. The Sister Pack that lives on the other side of the mountains.” He introduced them. “Nyla, Theo, this is Taekwoon, our newest pack member.”

 

“Lovely to meet you, Taekwoon.” Nyla greeted, holding her hand out for Taekwoon to shake which he did.

 

Theo nodded in greeting and Taekwoon sent Sanghyuk a worried look who only chuckled.

 

“Theo isn’t the type to talk to wolves he doesn’t know.”

 

Taekwoon nodded but then furrowed his brows. “Standing Alphas?”

 

Nyla perked up. “Oh yeah! You probably have never heard of Sister Packs before.” Taekwoon shook his head, confirming her belief.

 

“Well.” Nyla looked at Sanghyuk who nodded to let her explain it. “Larger packs tend to have smaller sub packs that are still the same pack but have their own territory to run. These packs have standing Alphas. Except we aren’t Alphas – we may possibly be of Alpha descent but we do not have the title.”

 

“Then why are you called ‘standing Alphas’?”

 

“Well, we are the overseers of the Sister Packs. And if our Alphas are unable to attend a meeting or something then one of us are able to take their place instead. That is rare but it does happen occasionally.” Nyla explained.

 

“Oh.”

 

Sanghyuk smiled reassuringly at him. “You’ll get used to it all, eventually. So don’t feel too worried about not understanding everything. We’ll take you through it slowly.”

 

Theo snorted quietly. “He’s like a pup.”

 

Taekwoon laid his ears back in embarrassment and Nyla cuffed her mate around the back of his head.

 

“Be nice, Theo. Taekwoon is part of our pack.”

 

“I was just-“

 

“Saying, I know but he doesn’t know you so keep your manners about you.”

 

Sanghyuk snickered and grinned at Taekwoon. “Don’t mind them. You don’t have to interact with the Sister Packs that much if you don’t want to. Many wolves actually don’t.”

 

Theo opened his mouth but Nyla elbowed him in the gut and he winced but didn’t make a sound. Nyla let out a low hiss at him and he snapped his mouth shut in response.

 

Nyla smiled warmly at Taekwoon. “Well, I hope you find our pack warm and accepting.”

 

Taekwoon curled his tail around himself as he grew shy. “They really are.”

 

“I’m glad to hear.” Nyla smirked at Sanghyuk who felt his cheeks heat up out of embarrassment.

 

I shouldn’t have told them about us being Fated Mates.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Good luck on your journey home.” Miyong said as they faced Nyla, Theo, Joshua and Luhan who were about to leave back to their home.

 

“Thank you Alphas. We hope it will be a safe journey back.” Nyla said as she smiled at Miyong and Juwon.

 

Juwon hummed and looked at Taekwoon and Sanghyuk. Taekwoon wondered what the Alpha was thinking but Sanghyuk seemed to know as he raised his eyebrows in response. Taekwoon also noticed that some of the older wolves and warriors were around.

 

That is probably a pack bond which alerts of the pack of each other.

 

Would he ever get used to it?

 

“Seunghyun and Hyunsik.” Juwon said loudly and the two wolves stepped forward, their features schooled and serious as they accepted and understood their Alpha’s unspoke request.

 

Seeing the pack communicate with a simple look or just their names being stated once, made Taekwoon understand why his old pack failed the way it did. They could never communicate in this same way, the bond between the pack members were no where near as strong as the bond he was witnessing first hand.

 

The packs were so different that Taekwoon admired how much they loved each other. The trust was clear as day to anyone.

 

“Alpha-“ Theo started but Juwon cut him off.

 

“No. Sanghyuk and Taekwoon are right, we can’t risk anything happening to you four on your way back home.” He looked at Taekwoon and nodded. Taekwoon flushed and ducked his head, embarrassed about being called out by Juwon. “The pack’s safety is our utmost importance in any situation.”

 

Theo and Nyla shared a look before nodding. “We understand Alpha.”

 

Theo, Nyla, Joshua and Luhan bid their farewells to the pack before leaving town with Seunghyun and Hyunsik beside them in their wolf forms. The large wolves offered a sense of protection that their human forms wouldn’t have been able to do so.

 

Taekwoon realised how much the wolves towered over their packmates before pausing. He remembered how when he and Sanghyuk were walking around the territory and how much larger than him Sanghyuk was. Showing off his Alpha dominance even though he probably doesn’t realise it.

 

Taekwoon had to keep his mind out of the gutter.

 

The Alpha heir of a pack that was powerful and clearly respected by the packs around them – well most anyway. No. He couldn’t be swayed by a large and dominant wolf – even though that wolf is male and could harm him but would never do it, and…

 

No, nope. Nope. Taekwoon quickly shut off any chain of thought about Sanghyuk standing over him. Keep my thoughts clean.

 

“Sanghyuk, Haebin.” Juwon turned his head to face his children who looked up at him. “Since we’ll need to keep you in town for a little while, you two will need to help out around the town where possible.”

 

Sanghyuk raised his hand that was still wrapped up. “My wrist?”

 

Juwon’s lips twitched upwards. “I’m sure there is something you can do without straining it and still helping out.”

 

Haebin snickered. “Yeah, you ain’t getting out of this.”

 

Sanghyuk scowled at her and scuffed the ground. “Fine. I mean, I have to anyway, not much choice.”

 

Taekwoon frowned. “Why do you have to help?”

 

“Alphas are meant to help out around the town whenever possible. We can handle a lot more than our pack mates can so we are relied upon to help out. Of course sometimes we can’t and that’s fine but in a pack as big as our there is always something that Alphas can help with.” Miyong said.

 

Taekwoon nodded in understanding. Well that cleared that up.

 

“Can I help then?”

 

“If you want but it may only be restricted to out of town work until we are able to build some muscle on your bones.” Holland said. “But don’t worry about it too much. You don’t have to.”

 

“But I’m part of the pack aren’t I?” Taekwoon asked. “Shouldn’t I help out?”

 

Juwon nodded. “Of course you can. Holland can show you what you can help with tomorrow, how about that?”

 

Taekwoon nodded, pleased. He noticed Sanghyuk staring at him with a strange expression but it was gone almost as soon as he looked at him.

 

He didn’t dwell on it. He was part of the pack and he should help out where he can after all.