Something To Say *

Under The Full Moon

“Sanghyuk.”

 

“Sanghyuk.”

 

“SANGHYUK!”

 

Sanghyuk jerked back to awareness, leaning back in his chair causing it to scrape against the floor boards. Juwon winced as his son let out a cry as the chair tipped back a bit too far.

 

A loud thud echoed through the room and a few papers floated up into the air before falling and landing on Sanghyuk who had yet to move from where he fell ungracefully. The young adult was sprawled out on the ground but only shook his head once he realised what had happened.

 

“Argh.” He groaned loudly before letting his head fall forward again, earning a smirk from his father.

 

“Did you enjoy your trip?”

 

Sanghyuk grumbled as he pushed himself up to his hands. “Does it look like I did. It was terrible. No stars at all.”

 

Juwon chuckled as he watched Sanghyuk readjust himself at the table. “Make sure you got all the papers.”

 

Sanghyuk paused and quickly bent down to reach the papers that he hadn’t noticed that landed a few feet away from him. His eyes flicked over the paper and sat fully up, staring at the piece of paper in his hands.

 

“Father, what is this paper about?” Sanghyuk asked, looking over it as he attempted to find the other paper that were connected to it. Somehow he managed to lose them all even though that was the last thing he wanted.

 

“What paper?” Juwon asked as he took the paper from Sanghyuk and looked over it. “Oh, this one. This is just our relationship status with other packs that aren’t our sister packs.”

 

Sanghyuk frowned and furrowed his brows. “Why do we need to know that? Surely we know that right?”

 

“Don’t be too sure.” His father replied as he joined the papers and quickly stapled them together before they could separate again.

 

“You sound like I am being foolish.”

 

“You are.”

 

Sanghyuk frowned at his father. “But-“

 

Juwon cut him off. “It’s important for you to always know what your relationship with other packs are. Lest something happen to you and which packs are more likely to give you an extra set of paws. Also to see how tender other relationships are with other packs.”

 

“Yeah, I’m sorry…I’ve just been out of it.” Sanghyuk mumbled but knew his father heard him since his eyebrows raised with an unsurprised look.

 

“We know.”

 

“I sense a nervous Alpha.”

 

Juwon and Sanghyuk turned to see Haebin stroll into the room, give the room a once over and raise an eyebrow at the bruise that was appearing on Sanghyuk’s arm from his fall. His twin met his gaze and he shrugged but she seemed to get that it was from a fall.

 

Damn twin connection.

 

“Yes, Haebin?” Juwon smiled at his daughter who bounded towards the table and then perched in front of Sanghyuk.

 

“I just felt Sanghyuk spacing out and decided to come and see what was putting him down.” Haebin shrugged simply.

 

She glanced at the door, ears pulling forward and they all heard two more sets of steps that were coming closer by the second. Sanghyuk sighed as he rubbed his temples, worried about what his family would say to him being so distracted now.

 

“Juwon, Sanghyuk. You two have been in here for hours now.” Miyong said as she and Holland entered the room. She took one look at Sanghyuk and noticed his stress. “Even Sanghyuk is getting bored.”

 

“It’s Sanghyuk, he always gets bored in these meetings.” Holland pointed out.

 

Juwon shook his head and smiled at Miyong who approached him. “We were just tidying up, my love.”

 

Miyong nuzzled his hair. “Good. You two need to relax.”

 

Juwon tilted his head up to Miyong, ignoring Holland, Sanghyuk and Haebin’s disgusted expressions at the expressions of love between their parents. Haebin looked away with a huff and Sanghyuk just finished checking over the papers. Holland rolled his eyes and turned his expression to the window to show the town slowly beginning to wake up.

 

Sanghyuk paused as he saw a pack name written on the top of one of the pieces of paper.

 

His brows furrowed as his fingers clenched around the paper, irritation beginning to build up inside him.

 

Haebin turned her head, immediately sensing something is wrong with Sanghyuk. “Hyuk?”

 

Sanghyuk shaking his head and dropping the paper, a low growl rumbling through his entire body, shoulders tensing as if something was going to jump out of the shadows at him.

 

“Hyuk!”

 

Shaking his head, he looked up to see Haebin frowning at him, resting her hands in front of him. Eyes narrowed at him as her ears pulled forward, studying her twin to see if there is any way that she could help him.

 

“What is up with you?” Holland asked as he stepped forward.

 

Sanghyuk shook his head, looking away. Embarrassed by his obvious reaction even though he really didn’t need to have such a terrible reaction to a simple name. A name of a pack.

 

“Sanghyuk.” His mother sounded so worried.

 

Sanghyuk laid his ears back.

 

He needed to get a hold of himself.

 

Haebin relaxed her shoulders. “Hyuk…Is it got something to do with Taekwoon? The white wolf you, Holland and Jeonghan brought into camp a week ago?”

 

Sanghyuk opened his mouth to argue, he realised lying wasn’t going to get him anywhere with the one person who could sense the truth from his words. He nodded simply, slumping in the chair and waving his hand towards the paper catching her attention with it.

 

“The Evening Pack…They came across a loner/rogue pack that seems to be the wolf pack that Taekwoon was once part of.” Sanghyuk mumbled. “I don’t know though. They claim it was a female white wolf not a male, but it’s hard to tell if Taekwoon does have a female or male wolf. It smelt like a male but I don’t know.”

 

Miyong frowned, anger rising up inside her. “What if his wolf is a female? What could’ve happened to him that made him want to hide it?”

 

Sanghyuk shrugged, not sure of it himself.

 

Haebin growled to herself, her claws digging into the table slightly. “s.”

 

Holland rested a hand on her shoulder, sending out a calming scent. “Relax. We don’t know for certain and we won’t until we get his side of the story.”

 

Sanghyuk shook his head. “I don’t…I don’t know. I just know that if it is him they are looking for, they’d be targeting us for sheltering him.”

 

Juwon wrapped an arm around his shoulder and tugged him to his side. “Sanghyuk, relax and calm down. I know you may find it difficult but you have to think logically about this. If he is targeted, he will be under our protection and they’ll have to get through us in order to retrieve him.”

 

That made him feel slightly better. Normally Sanghyuk would avoid most forms of physical contact and hugs from others, he just tended to steer clear from such displays of affection. It didn’t matter who it was really, which could make it difficult when he finally finds his mate.

 

However, now Sanghyuk didn’t care too much. He turned to nuzzle his face into Juwon’s shoulder, allowing himself to properly settle in the side of his father.

 

“Would it make it easier if we told the pack about Taekwoon?” Miyong asked as she stood on the other side of her son and Sanghyuk looked up at his mother with wide golden eyes.

 

“I…I wanted to wait until Taekwoon was better…” Sanghyuk murmured.

 

“We know, but the pack deserves to know.” Juwon said. “Don’t worry, our wolves are not mean. They won’t chase him out, especially as we do not know for certain if he is being hunted.”

 

That was the only good thing that Sanghyuk could think of. He sighed and pressed his head into his mother’s shoulder, biting the inside of his cheek to avoid making any sounds that pups make towards their parents. He felt Miyong one of his ears to soothe his racing thoughts.

 

Haebin hummed and frowned. “But…Don’t we need to keep an eye out for the Evening Pack, then? Because if, let’s just say hypothetically that Taekwoon is the wolf they are looking for, shouldn’t we ensure that that part of our territory is still patrolled and scented?”

 

“Haebin is right.” Holland agreed as their parents and heir looked at Haebin who puffed out her chest in pride. Sanghyuk smiled weakly. “I can send Mina and Amber out to that part of the territory today.”

 

That made Haebin look at him with a perplexed expression. “Why them?”

 

“Because they are the best scouts in the pack, after me of course.” Holland never really boasted about himself but as the lead scout he was the best scout in the pack. Though he often brushed that aside.

 

“I know that but, why not Woozi? He’s smaller…”

 

“Yes, but Mina and Amber are just better scouts in general.” Holland shrugged.

 

Sanghyuk had to agree with Haebin’s confusion. Woozi was a small wolf, not a large wolf by their pack’s standards but still somewhat larger than other packs. Yet, while Woozi may be a good scout, Amber and Mina were just so much better.

 

Miyong shook her head and pressed her nose into her son’s hair. “You should probably tell Taekwoon that tomorrow we will inform the pack of his presence and the Evening Pack. See if maybe there is something he’ll tell you.”

 

“He’s still really quiet.” Sanghyuk muttered. “He was probably ashamed with talking in his old pack. Abuse is not something one can easily shake.”

 

“We know but you have to see if there is anything.” Miyong pulled back and smiled sweetly.

 

Sanghyuk bit his lip and nodded.

 

“Okay.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Sanghyuk in a deep breath as he caught the very faint scent of rain in the air. His ears twitching as he heard the murmuring of his pack mates, walking down the porch and into the warm sunlight.

 

He wondered how his pack was taking the warm autumn day. The days were going to get colder as the year progressed further to winter. Hopefully the storms this year were easier but somehow he doubted that.

 

Just a hunch he was getting.

 

His ears perked up when he heard the chatter of siblings, looking around before noticing Kris and Gyehyeon. Chatting away and judging by the excited expression on Gyehyeon’s face it was something that interested Sanghyuk. If Kris didn’t want to tell him then he’d let it be.

 

Kris looked up at him when he noticed their Alpha approach them, sensing the curiosity that bubbled up within in. “Alpha Sanghyuk.”

 

“Kris, Gyehyeon.” He looked at the young wolf who seemed to glow at the greeting. Sanghyuk raised an eyebrow. “What has got Gyehyeon all excited for?”

 

Gyehyeon opened his mouth, almost bursting from excitement but fell silent when Kris shot him a look. Sanghyuk knows that look all too well. He’d been on the receiving end of such a look from Holland and also delivered that look to Kangmin.

 

Kris looked proud and spoke earnestly. “Chanyeol and I are expecting pups.”

 

Sanghyuk let out a loud bark. “That’s wonderful news!”

 

Kris ducked his head, blushing at Sanghyuk’s praise.

 

Gyehyeon grinned. “I’m going to be an uncle!”

 

Sanghyuk let out a soft noise and nuzzled Kris who barked in appreciation. The nuzzle was a show of comfort and further solidifies the bond between wolves of the pack. Sanghyuk wanted Kris to know that his and Chanyeol’s pups would be safe.

 

Of course they would, but his parents did that to the expecting parents. It also reassures them that their partnership is accepted by their Alphas. It also gives them the ability to inform the pack in their own time once the Alphas were aware.

 

“Congratulations.” Sanghyuk murmured, feeling Kris relax. “The pups would be wonderful additions to our pack.”

 

“Thank you, Alpha.” Kris whispered.

 

Sanghyuk stepped back and looked at Gyehyeon. “So…Something tells me that you forced the information out of your brother.”

 

“I do not do such things.” Gyehyeon huffed, folding his arms. “Plus, it’s not my fault that Chanyeol was in the hospital and Kris was setting up a baby room. I live with them, sometimes they forget that.”

 

“You are always out of the pack town most of the time now.” A different voice broke in, catching the last bits of Gyehyeon’s comment.

 

They turned to see Woozi walking past them, the dark brown wolf eyed them. He looked bored and done with everything, much like Yoongi (his older brother), though Sanghyuk knew he was just a big softie on the inside.

 

“I am not out of the pack all the time.” Gyehyeon huffed.

 

Woozi shrugged. “Dunno. Jiyong is definitely focusing on your training.”

 

Sanghyuk said, not wanting Woozi to bad mouth Jiyong’s lack of focus on patrolling the territory. “It’s good that Jiyong is focusing on something now and putting his abilities to good use. If training Gyehyeon at every opportunity helps calm him down and relax.”

 

Kris nodded. “Especially after Seungri ditched us.”

 

That soured everyone. Seungri was one of their best wolves and no-one had managed to figure out why he just left.

 

Woozi sighed, not wanting to argue with his Alpha. “Yeah, I know. It’s just…I just wish that Jiyong helped with patrols more now.”

 

Sanghyuk sighed and rested his hand on the other’s shoulder. “Don’t worry. It’s just that losing a mate never truly goes away.”

 

That may or may not be another reason why Sanghyuk was set against not having a mate in general. They would certainly be targets of attacks and assassinations. Would Sanghyuk ever be able to get over if something happened to his mate?

 

He doubted it.

 

Kris glanced at his younger brother who was looking at Woozi with a playful glint in his eye. Sanghyuk held back a smirk as he guessed what Gyehyeon was thinking about. Kris shared a look with Sanghyuk who almost laughed out loud.

 

“Hey, Woozi,” Kris grinned as Woozi looked confused. “Why don’t you take my brother out. I think he’s going a bit stir crazy. Jiyong hasn’t been able to train him further for the past three days.”

 

Woozi held back a groan but the displeasure was evident and Sanghyuk nudged him with his arm.

 

“Gyehyeon will go easy on you.” His eyes sparkled in mischief and Woozi snarled at him.

 

“Whatever. I’ll have him begging for mercy.” He looked at Gyehyeon who just looked excited about leaving the camp again. Sanghyuk couldn’t blame him.

 

Normally, in other packs, Woozi would be put in his place for snarling at the future Alpha but they weren’t any other pack. They also didn’t conform to traditional values and views of packs and the ranks. Except for what the ranks were.

 

Gyehyeon’s tail began to wag. “Are you really going to?”

 

Woozi huffed. “I mean, I might as well.”

 

Kris grinned. “I’ll join you two and show you how to hunt. Every wolf needs to know how to hunt after all.”

 

Gyehyeon looked as though he was about to continue talking but Woozi began to push him out of the town. Claiming that Kris and Sanghyuk needed to talk about whatever was lingering in their minds. Sanghyuk was thankful that Woozi was keeping the younger wolf distracted and interested with other activities.

 

Sanghyuk sighed once he was sure that no one else was around them and it caught Kris’ attention. Turning to face him fully, ears pricked with alertness.

 

“Alpha?”

 

“Can I tell you something?”

 

“Of course.”

 

Sanghyuk looked at Kris and then turned his gaze towards the hospital where Taekwoon was staying. For how long, he wasn’t sure but he needed to tell someone about it.

 

“Has Chanyeol noticed Taekwoon while he is in the hospital?” Sanghyuk had a feeling that he hadn’t. Taekwoon was still in quarantine and so Chanyeol would be in another part of the hospital to avoid any risk of him getting sick.

 

“He has noticed the scent of a wolf but hasn’t seen him yet.” Kris said with a head tilt from side to side. “Is he the white wolf?”

 

“Yes he…Hang on,” Sanghyuk looked at him, “how do you know that?”

 

“Gyehyeon.” Kris made a wave towards the direction his brother and Woozi vanished to. “He informed me of a male white wolf that the Evening Pack may be after.”

 

“Yeah, but they are after a female white wolf not a male.” Sanghyuk pointed out.

 

Kris flicked his tail and spoke lowly, bending his head to avoid someone overhearing their conversation. “Pregnant wolves are very tuned with other female wolves.”

 

Sanghyuk gritted his teeth and flicked his ear, irritated with himself. “This complicates things.”

 

Kris chuckled. “Go and talk to him, I’m guessing that is what you want to do anyway.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Hyeyeon! Felix!” Sanghyuk hissed as the two children bolted past him, giggling like the maniacs that they are. “Watch where you are running!”

 

Felix glance at his Alpha and laughed. “Sorry, Alpha!”

 

“We are just going to hang out with Kangmin!” Hyeyeon called, looking apologetic but Sanghyuk found it difficult to stay mad at them.

 

Sanghyuk shook his head at the antics of the pups.

 

Curse him and his weak spot for the pups of his pack.

 

Anyway, he wanted to go and see Taekwoon, just to check that the wolf was okay with him being revealed to the pack. Though he would have to remain in the hospital for another three days, or just until Chonghui had given him the go ahead to leave the quarantine rooms.

 

His hand rested on the door handle, ear straining to hear any movement from within the room that the white wolf was resting in. He wondered if Taekwoon could hear him as well as he caught the soft breathing from within the four walls.

 

The door pushed open and Sanghyuk saw Taekwoon turn his head to face the young Alpha.

 

Giving him a once over, Sanghyuk was proud to see that Taekwoon’s body had filled out dramatically. His skin was beginning to almost glow and darken from the food that he was able to get in his body. Even his hair began to look glossier and he was able to stand on his feet for much longer than he used to. Daesung kept complaining that Taekwoon was getting really agitated being stuck in the room.

 

“You’re looking healthy today.” Sanghyuk smiled.

 

Taekwoon laid his ears back, a blush spreading across his cheeks and Sanghyuk held back a coo at how adorable it was.

 

“The food is helping.” Taekwoon said, his voice still so soft and quiet. Sanghyuk wondered once again as to what had happened to Taekwoon that caused him to be so withdrawn from everyone.

 

“I am glad to hear that.” Sanghyuk nodded before blinking and Taekwoon seemed to sense that there was something else that Sanghyuk wanted to talk to him about. “But, that is not why I am here.” Not the entire reason anyway.

 

Taekwoon blinked, looking worried and panicked and Sanghyuk wanted to do everything he could to replace that with a bright smile that only he had been on the receiving end of. He tried to ignore the proud and selfish part of his wolf that was smug about that fact.

 

“The pack are getting curious…So, we’ve decided we should tell them about you staying with us. And even possibly becoming part of the pack.” Sanghyuk said.

 

The white wolf tensed. “What?”

 

“It’s nothing bad. It’s just that the pack are getting curious as to what wolf is currently healing in our town.” Sanghyuk held his hands up with a slightly panicked look. “They are loving wolves, believe me. They want to make sure they can trust you.”

 

“Oh…” Taekwoon looked relieved by that fact, ears twitching in relief at the news.

 

“But, only if you want us to tell them about you.”

 

“You’re giving me a choice?” Taekwoon sounded so confused. “They’re your pack…”

 

“Yes, but they are understanding if their Alphas won’t tell them something. We have our secrets after all but our wolves know that we wouldn’t keep something dangerous to the pack as a secret anyway.” Sanghyuk said.

 

Taekwoon nodded and looked up at Sanghyuk. “You can. I trust you.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Sanghyuk flicked his tail as he shifted on his feet, feeling the apprehension and nervousness from his pack mates that were seated within the room that was separated by a doorway. His eyes couldn’t focus on anything and he could tell that his mother was getting worried.

 

“You know we don’t have to go through with the meeting.” Miyong said, eyes keeping locked onto her son.

 

Sanghyuk sighed, knowing his mother was right. They didn’t have to do this but he felt like he had to. Taekwoon had given him permission to tell the clan about him after all. They also deserved to know that they had a wolf in their clan that could possibly be being hunted by another pack.

 

“The pack deserved to know…Well, the higher-ranking wolves – not the hunters, warriors and scouts.” That was the agreement they had settled on. No wolves that resided in the ranks of hunters, warriors and scouts would be part of the meeting except for the leaders of those ranks.

 

The rest would figure it out eventually from the chatter that the other wolves would say.

 

Sanghyuk loved them but seriously they didn’t really have the best abilities to keep things secret.

 

“I understand, my son.” Miyong nodded.

 

Juwon approached his mate and heir, watching the two other wolves. “Are you ready?”

 

Sanghyuk nodded, though he was slightly nervous about attending another meeting. One that he’d have to properly address without his parents’ help. It just hit him at how long it had been since he last attended a meeting.

 

He was really slacking off on his duties.

 

He startled when Juwon rested his hand on his son’s shoulder. Sanghyuk looked at his father.

 

“Sanghyuk? Are you alright?”

 

Sanghyuk in a deep breath. “Yeah…I just realised I’d have to lead the meeting, that’s all.”

 

Juwon chuckling. “I understand that fear. You’ll do fine though, it’s part of your blood after all.”

 

That didn’t really make Sanghyuk feel better.

 

Yet, he didn’t argue or try to put up a fight. His father was still his Alpha after all and even he knew better than to question the logical words of his parents. They were right after all.

 

The door opened and soon the hushed murmurs faded, the wolves turning to face their Alphas.

 

Sungjae was the first one to break the silence. “Sanghyuk! You have finally remembered that you have to attend meetings! Or am I dreaming? I am possibly dreaming.”

 

Sanghyuk hissed at his best friend, tail lashing. “Shut up.”

 

“I’m just saying what everyone was thinking.”

 

A few of Sanghyuk’s other friends chuckled as well, Wonshik grinned at the young Alpha. “He is right, you know.”

 

“I am getting attacked.” Sanghyuk held back a smile, at least his friends were able to help ease his mind and feelings on the meeting. Wonshik knew what the meeting was about and seemed to be fully accepting of siding with whatever choice Sanghyuk was going to make.

 

Well, Sanghyuk already knew what choice he had made.

 

“I guess I should explain right away.” Sanghyuk said, glancing at his parents for confirmation that he was allowed to do so. They nodded to him and he took in a shaky breath.

 

He remembered the bright white fur of Taekwoon and his bright aqua eyes that sparkled in the light. His body filling out to amplify the strength that was hidden within him, that must’ve been hidden from whatever mistreatment he had received throughout his life.

 

“About a month ago, Holland, Jeonghan and I found a white wolf that had collapsed near the cliff above the waterfall to the north of our territory. For a while we just thought that he was just that. A male white wolf.”

 

He heard murmurings of his pack mates.

 

White wolves were a rarity as many white wolves had other colours mixed in with their fur, yet Taekwoon was just that. A fully white wolf.

 

“However,” He carried on, breaking the murmurs. “A few days ago, the patrol that I lead to deal with a wolf that crossed into our territory, though we had quickly found out that there were four wolves that were on our territory.”

 

He could see the anger lacing a few of the older wolves. The younger ones looked worried but determined to focus on fixing the border scents. Yet, that wasn’t the case. They were there, not caring for the borders at all.

 

“It was The Evening Pack. They had joined with a rogue pack that seem to be the pack that Taekwoon, the white wolf was once from.” Sanghyuk sighed. “Taekwoon is not his real name but it is the name he will go by, if he is being hunted then it will keep him protected as they believe we have a different wolf.”

 

Sanghyuk saw Sungjae’s nod of approval and almost laughed at his best friend’s expression. Of course Sungjae would think that Sanghyuk’s quick decision was a good one.

 

He just hoped that it was.

 

Pyongchol raised an eyebrow. “But, why would his old pack be looking for him and why can’t we just give him back?”

 

Holland huffed before his adopted parents and younger brother could growl at Pyongchol’s serious question. He did have a point after all.

 

“That wouldn’t be the case. If it is his pack then they are going to kill him. We found him covered in wounds and blood that stained his entire body.” Holland cut in and Sanghyuk shot him a thankful look.

 

“He’s right.” Chonghui spoke up as she stepped forward. “Majority of his blood loss came from a while ago. Clearly his old pack did not care about treating him properly.”

 

Her eyes landed on Sanghyuk, knowing he was keeping Taekwoon’s true wolf a secret from the pack. She seemed to understand the unspoken words.

 

As a healer, Chonghui and her children were very observant and could hear unspoken words that the other wolves were unable to hear. Her gaze soft and calm, proud of his choice.

 

“He isn’t a wolf that is a threat.” Chonghui sounded set and serious and the pack relaxed their shoulders. “He is a wolf that needs protection.”

 

“Thank you, Chonghui.” Juwon said.

 

“Okay…” Pyongchol drawled. “So, we can’t give him back otherwise we will be at fault for getting a wolf killed on our watch, but why would his pack be looking for him?”

 

They all looked at Sanghyuk, clearly all knowing that their Alpha was closest to Taekwoon. The fact that Taekwoon’s scent had lingered on his body that screamed that the loner trusted him so much even though he had only know him for a short time.

 

“I…I don’t know.” Sanghyuk admitted. “There are just too many…”

 

“Too many possibilities.”

 

The wolves all turned their heads towards the door that had opened to see Yikyun entering with Songhyon, shutting the door behind them. Songhyon stood, the eldest Alpha still radiated power even though it had been decades since he last lead the clan. Yikyun was no Alpha but as the mother of the current Alpha’s mate, and an elder, she was regarded with authority that matched the Betas.

 

Songhyon looked at Yikyun, eyes soft at his close friend. “You can explain all you want, Yikyun. I believe the pack will need your knowledge when it comes to rogue packs.”

 

Yikyun blinked at him before muttering. “Well, you just haven’t changed, even when you were courting Sumin. You had no idea what to do.” The old Alpha hissed, though looking embarrassed which was only something Yikyun was able to do. Her amused smile changing to one of seriousness.

 

“Rogue packs have many reason to chase out wolves, even though we question their motives.” Yikyun started.

 

“I should know. My pack did the very same to me.” Yikyun stared at Miyong who was watching her mother with a torn and sorrowful expression. “I refused to take a mate that they wanted me to and I ran. Eventually I stumbled upon Moon Shadows and that is where I met Songhyon and Sumin. The pack had taken me in.”

 

Her voice lilted. “Seems like mine and Taekwoon’s stories may be similar.” Her eyes met Sanghyuk as if she knew that Taekwoon’s wolf was a female as well and as if she suspected his heritage and background.

 

“Though that is not always the case.” Songhyon said, adding onto his friend’s words. “Packs can chase out male wolves, especially if they have an abundance of males in comparison to females. Unless they are a pack who encourage polyamory which isn’t a rare thing in packs.” He hummed. “In fact our pack started out that way for several decades before changing so the Alphas have one mate.”

 

Yikyun nodded. “That is correct. Sometimes wolves will just revolt and want to join a different pack and get chased away being called a traitor. Every time however, those wolves get labelled traitors and have bounties placed on their heads.”

 

“Some packs even kill elders and pups in the harsher months so only the strongest member survive.” Songhyon sighed. “It’s horrible but it is often the case. But many rogue packs marry off their members of wolves of other packs. Not many are able to escape such a fate, especially since those a forced marriages.”

 

Sanghyuk could hear the wolves let out cries of anger at that.

 

They were lucky, none of them were ever forced to go into relationships. It made him feel better about it all.

 

“Then…” Sanghyuk paused and glance at his grandparents, confused. “There is another reason to chase out wolves, right?”

 

Yikyun nodded. “Yes. Male wolves get chased out if they are too weak, and female wolves have the same thing to happen to them if they are unable to produce pups. These pups have death wishes mainly because they get away and are able to join another pack and attack their old pack.”

 

Sanghyuk frowned and dug his claws into the table, Holland and Sungjae shooting him a look which forced him to relax himself.

 

“Look.” His voice caught their attention. “We need the pack to know that there is a high possibility of the Evening Pack going after Taekwoon. And I mean the entire pack.”

 

Jisung grinned. “I guess we will have to deliver messages to the pack tomorrow or today then.” He shared a look with his mate who merely shook his head at him.

 

Solmi looked at Wonshik who seemed to agree to join her with her mission. Sanghyuk noticed Jahye and Sungjae’s disgusted expression at how in love their sister was.

 

Juwon nodded. “Yes but do keep your mouths shut. We do not know what rank Taekwoon once was and therefore do not what he capable of doing.”

 

Chiun suddenly piped up. “If we are letting him into our pack, we should throw a buffet.”

 

The wolves suddenly began chatting with one another, it has been so long since they last had a buffet. Sanghyuk broke out into a bright grin, and all the wolves felt happiness rush through them at the excitement that Sanghyuk felt.

 

It looks like everything was going to be okay.

 

Juwon and Miyong shared a look and chuckled.

 

Yikyun nudged Songhyon and nodded to Sanghyuk, making him follow her gaze. “Looks like we have a natural Alpha. It’s been a while, hasn’t it?”

 

Songhyon nodded. “Yes. I think there is another reason he is a natural Alpha though.” His eyes sparkled. “And it may have something to do with Taekwoon.”

 

Yikyun frowned and narrowed her eyes at him but knew she wouldn’t get a response.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Now, listen. Romeo and Juliet but with a Mafia instead.”

 

Haebin frowned as she glanced at her brothers. Wondering what in the world they were talking about.

 

“What would it entail?” Holland asked, raising an eyebrow at the excited expression on Kangmin’s face.

 

Kangmin shrugged. “Dunno, rival Mafias or gangs and the two leaders – or their children – fall in love and they don’t know who the other is.”

 

“Why did you come up with this idea?” Holland asked, sounding so confused at the mind set of the youngest Alpha.

 

“Kangmin.” Haebin’s voice caused her brother to turn to face her with wide eyes. “Aren’t you meant to be focusing on your homework?”

 

“Well, yeah.” Kangmin shrugged. “But I’m almost done.”

 

“Being almost done isn’t the same as being fully finished.” Haebin pointed out and Kangmin waved his hand, not bothering about his sister’s words.

 

“But Romeo and Juliet mafia where they die and the mafias or gangs kill each other and no-one is left standing.” Kangmin continued and Haebin held back a growl.

 

“Why are you thinking like this?” Holland groaned.

 

Sanghyuk chuckled. “No, no. He may be onto something.”

 

“Don’t encourage him!” Holland cried and Haebin ran her hand down her face.

 

Haebin turned away from them and noticed Sanghyuk’s smirk that he shot in her direction, amused by her annoyance. The was deliberately sending Kangmin down this conversational spiral just because he found testing her temper an enjoyable pass time.

 

You would think that after two decades he’d learn otherwise.

 

“I’m not related to any of you.” Haebin stated simply and Holland grinned before letting out a statement in a sing-song voice.

 

“Lucky for you, you aren’t related to me.”

 

Sanghyuk and Holland both grinned at Haebin who gave Holland the most deadpanned look that she’d ever created. Kangmin let out a loud manic cackle as Haebin launched forward to lash out at Holland who merely laughed as he jumped out of the way of her hand.

 

“!”

 

Holland laughed. “Come on and try and catch me!”

 

“Jackass!”

 

“You love me!”

 

Kangmin continued to laugh as he began to race after his two older siblings. Clearly he didn’t seem bothered by the threat of Haebin wanting Holland’s head. That or maybe he wanted to watch out of morbid curiosity.

 

It could really be anything with his younger brother.

 

Sanghyuk took a step forward and felt a gaze on the back of his head. He snapped his head around, gaze landing on the window that was slightly hidden by the curtains. His eyes blinked as he noticed the figure on the other side of the glass.

 

Taekwoon’s aqua eyes were bright and curious, almost longing to get out of the room and he felt bad for Taekwoon being locked up when he so desperately didn’t want to be caught up in that.

 

He smiled at Taekwoon who squeaked, face flushing and he ducked out of the way. Vanishing from the glass and Sanghyuk let out a soft chuckle at his actions.

 

“Sanghyuk! Stop watching your boyfriend!” Kangmin cried, stamping his foot on the ground in a huff.

 

Sanghyuk hissed, cheeks heating up with a blush coming to his face. “He isn’t my boyfriend!”

 

“Not yet.” Kangmin muttered before sticking his tongue out at Sanghyuk and then turned around and bolted off.

 

Sanghyuk shook his head at his brother and frowned to himself.

 

He didn’t even know Taekwoon that much, let alone knowing him for long enough to feel like he likes him. Anyway, what about Taekwoon. He’s gone through so much, Taekwoon most likely wouldn’t feel the same way regardless.

 

But what if he did feel the same? No way!

 

He wasn’t interested in Taekwoon. Was he?

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Claws dug into the ground as eyes narrowed on the mountain range that the wolf had been informed that didn’t belong to any pack just yet. However, there is the threat and possibility of Moon Shadows taking the mountains for themselves.

 

Speaking of Moon Shadows.

 

That pack was not being very cooperative.

 

While the Evening Pack was helping him, the wolf growled as he sat down, tail sweeping the leaves across the ground, he found himself irritated by the luck he received. Moon Shadows must have his son. Of course he’ll find them and seek refuge with a powerful pack.

 

A pack with about six hundred wolves is not one to be messed with, especially since their loyalty is unwavering. The wolf growled lowly.

 

He had a feeling that they weren’t going to give him up without a fight.

 

That was fine.

 

He was used to fighting.

 

Suddenly a realisation came to his mind and his face turned to shock before settling into a smirk.

 

“Well, looks like I just have to play it smart.”

 

After all, a pack of that size have many, many pups running around.