Chapter 7: Day 7, Part 1

Trust Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“He asked her to be his girlfriend?!”

“Yeah, that’s why he asked her out for lunch just now, too.”

Seulgi and Taeyong sat and ate lunch at the hotel’s restaurant while Taeyong told her about Joohyun and Youngho’s “love story”. Seulgi was surprised she didn’t know this before from Joohyun, but she was going to get to know a lot when Joohyun comes back from her lunch date with Youngho.

“I thought they were just best friends, she never really talked about Youngho in a lovey-dovey kind of way,” Seulgi said and thought for a moment, “She only told me how annoying he was,” she added and laughed.

“Well Youngho never told me anything about her either so I guess it’s kinda new,” Taeyong shrugged.

“Do you think they will become a couple?” Seulgi asked curiously. She didn’t know if Joohyun liked Youngho in that way or not. It may have been easy for Joohyun to read through Seulgi, but it was hard for Seulgi to know what Joohyun was thinking about. 

Taeyong shrugged at her question and leaned back on the chair. “I don’t know, I’m not Joohyun,” he casually replied.

“But, you must think something about it, no?” Seulgi asked.

“Seulgi, I don’t really have any opinion on their relationship. All I’m thinking about now is the mission,” Taeyong shrugged once again and Seulgi put her hands up, “Okay okay, I won’t ask anything about it one more time then,” she said.

Thinking about Youngho’s and Joohyun’s relationship, she came to think of hers and Taeyong’s. She was surprised that she managed to have a normal conversation and being able to hang out and eat lunch alone with him without having her face get as read as a tomato. “I guess all those acting and meditation classes really paid off,” she thought.

*I’m bringing y back, yeah. Them ot-*

“Hello?” Taeyong said as he answered his phone and Seulgi laughed so hard she almost choked on her drink.

“Say what?....Here?.....Black cap and mask?.....On it,” he said and hung up.

“What happened?” Seulgi asked worryingly as Taeyong quickly packed his things.

“Our private detectives spotted Park Jimin and Minatozaki Sana by Villa D’Este,” he said.

“What?” Seulgi said, “The hell are they doing outside now? They should’ve waited til’ after the fashion show!”

“Don’t just stand there! Let’s go!” Taeyong said and dragged Seulgi out of the hotel with him and they got to their car and he quickly drove off.

“Taeyong! Slow down!” Seulgi said when she noticed he was going above the speed limit.

“We have to get there in time, Villa D’Este is in another town nearby,” he said and Seulgi sighed knowing that she couldn’t affect his current behaviour and was low key scared of dying in a possible car crash.

But while Taeyong was focused on the road, Seulgi took out her phone and typed a message to Jimin:

“Our private detectives spotted you by Villa D’Este. Get out of there now!”

She pressed send and sighed inaudibly in relief and realised that they just got to the place, “, they won’t get out in time. How the heck did drive that fast?”

“Come on!” Taeyong said and got out of the car and Seulgi did the same. “Jimin has a black cap and mask while Sana only has a pink outfit on,” he said and looked around and Seulgi did the same. After a few seconds she spotted them by the entrance and widened her eyes. She tried to get their attention so that she could tell them to walk the other way but they didn’t notice her. Instead, Taeyong noticed them and started walking casually towards them, but not wanting to get their attention.

“Damn it!” she cursed to herself and quickly went with Taeyong.

“2 o’clock,” he told her and continued walking casually while still keeping an eye on them. Seulgi however, just stared at them in hope that Jimin would sense it, which he finally did. But to his concern, Taeyong was only a few meters away. When Jimin noticed Taeyong he quickly turned around and began walking into the palace and Taeyong followed him quickly while Sana went the other way and disappeared in the huge crowd of people.

“She may be stupid, but that girl is sly,” Seulgi thought and was about to follow Taeyong when she suddenly got stopped by a security guard.

“Miss, you have to pay an entrance fee,”

“Oh yeah, sure. How much is it?”

“€8, Miss,”

Seulgi took out the coins she had in her pocket and counted them.

“I’m so sorry, I only have €5, is that okay?”

“Unfortunately Miss, you have to pay €8 unless you come by later in the afternoon after 4pm. The fee will be reduced to €5 by then.”

Seulgi sighed and worried about Jimin. Not about his feelings or well being or anything but about the mission. She knew how hard working the other crew members were and if Jimin would go to jail now she knew that they would blame her and go after her and then get Jimin and Jackson out of jail and continue their work. And then they would find out that the files are faked.

“Okay, thank you sir, I’ll be back later then,” she told the security guard with a smile and started walking away and waved.

“I’ll see you later, Miss,” the security guard smiled back and went back to his position.

Seulgi scoffed and turned back and snuck in when the security guards were occupied with other visitors.

“They should get better security here, and a better service thank you, if you’re going to reduce the price to €5 in two hours you might as well let me in right now.” Seulgi mumbled to herself and looked around.

“Where could they have gone to?” she thought and suddenly saw a helicopter flying above her. “Jungkook,” she mumbled and ran towards the way the helicopter was going.

She got to the big fountain and saw people evacuating because of the sudden helicopter and she saw Jimin hanging on the rope from the helicopter. He turned to her and gave her a wink and she sighed in relief and watched as the helicopter flew away.

“Taeyong!” she shouted since she didn’t see him anywhere near. “Taeyong!” she shouted once again. Still no reply. “Where the hell are you?!” she shouted and finally spotted him in the water, completely soaked.

She smiled and went to him and bent down, “So tell me,” she whispered into his ear. “Are you actually a top spy?” she teased and he scoffed and got up from the water.

“Go to hell,” he mumbled and Seulgi got offended by his comment.

“Excuse me? You’re telling me to go to hell? I can go to hell when you actually manage to catch Jimin,” she said and crossed her arms. She was tired of this, he had the same behaviour last time he didn’t manage to catch Jimin.

“Then where were you? You just ditched me so that I had to catch him by myself. And on top of that, I didn't know he had backup either, certainly not a freaking helicopter,” he said.

“I was stopped by the security,” she responded.

“You can’t even get past the security? Tell me, are you actually a spy?” Taeyong said, he didn’t even tease about it, he said it seriously.

Seulgi was quiet, she didn’t have time to argue with him, she had to focuse. Just catch Jennie, then Sana and Jungkook, take Jimin down and get Jennie out of jail and then become a top spy. That was her plan, and she couldn’t let anyone interfere with that. Even though her feelings already did. And she didn't want him to get even madder either. 

“See, you’re not even denying it. How come I got to work with such a pers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter