Chapter 21: A few weeks later

Trust Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“It’s hard to turn the page when you know someone won’t be in the next chapter, but the story must go on.”

Seulgi stared down at the three roses in her hand as she took slow, uncertain steps toward the aisle. There weren’t a lot of mourners present in the room, but a small, sad smile appeared on her face when she met the eyes of the elderly woman that sat at the front row, right in front of Jooheon’s coffin.

Her eyes averted to a girl that sat at the front row as well, but on the opposite side, by Jennie’s coffin.

Kim Jisoo.

Jennie had introduced her to Jisoo a long time ago and they became very good friends, although they never had time to meet each other they still stayed in touch.

Jisoo showed her a warm smile and motioned for her to come and sit beside her. Seulgi walked over to the front row and was immediately welcomed by a big hug. She wrapped her arms around Jisoo and took a deep breath, feeling like she was on the verge of tears. She then noticed the man behind Jisoo who stood up straight and fixed his tie.

She released the hug and bowed to him as he did the same.

“This is Kim Taehyung, Jungkook’s cousin.” Jisoo introduced him.

“Hello,” Seulgi bowed once again and he showed her a genuine smile.

“Hello. Kang Seulgi, right? Jungkook mentioned you a lot.” He told her which caused a small smile to appear on her face.

Before they could exchange other few words, the three of them immediately sat down as they noticed the minister that entered the room.

Being lost in her own thoughts, Seulgi stared blankly in front of her, the minister’s words sounding indistinct. It was hard for her to process everything that had happened. Just entering the chapel and being there was something she hadn’t expected to happen. Something she never wanted to expect happen any time sooner.

As the minister stopped speaking she, as well as the others in the room, stood up for a moment of silence. She clutched on the roses in her hand and tightened her lips, shutting her eyes as she felt the tears streaming down her cheeks.

Seulgi felt a small squeeze on her hand and looked to her side. She felt the ends of her lips curl up as Jisoo showed her a sympathetic smile, tears in her eyes as well.

After a few minutes of pure silence she sat back down on the bench and listened to the music that was playing. A small giggle escaped as a fast rap song played all over the chapel, making all sorts of memories flash through her head.

Together with everyone else that sat in the front row, she stood up when the music ended and walked over to Jungkook’s coffin. She placed a rose on top of it and touched it lightly, “Jungkook..” her voice c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter