Chapter 17: Day 17

Trust Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyong sat and waited impatiently in his car as his leg was fidgeting uncontrollably. He watched the entrance to the building carefully and waited for her to walk out. From time to time he would look at his watch and it seemed like time was slowing down on purpose.

He rubbed his tired eyes and drank his cup of coffee. It must’ve been the fifth one already in the span of two hours that he spent waiting outside her apartment building. Thank god there was a café with a drive thru right beside the building.

He had stayed up all night, thinking about how he couldn’t connect the dots to each other before. How he was so dumb, so stupid… Just, so clueless.

“I’ll be there at nine.”

Taeyong looked at his watch again, 8:45am. He groaned inwardly and chugged his coffee, the hot drink burning his throat. He crumpled up the paper cup as it got empty and threw it carelessly at the back of the car, filling up the pile of paper cups.

“I need more,” he said and as he was about to get out to the café his eyes spotted something. Someone. Her.

She looked extra good today, he had to admit that. The pink dress she wore fit her slim and petite body perfectly and her hair was tied up in a ponytail, showing more of her beautiful face and neck.

She looks like a goddess.

“Did she dress up for him?” he thought and immediately gritted his teeth as the jealousy got to his head.

“No, I was thinking about meeting you later today. I dressed up for you.” Would be her answer if she had heard his question, but he would never know that now, would he?

He was blinded by her and his love for her, he knew that. This girl managed to steal his heart in just a few days. Break it in one second. And he knew that it would take more than a few weeks to repair it. If not months even.

He watched her walk over to her car and get in it. He started his engine and followed her. He had taken his other car so that she wouldn’t notice him. As he drove behind her car he could see her face from her rearview mirror. She was smiling and bobbing her head, assuming she did that to the music.

As she slowed down her car, he drove to the other side of the street and parked his car, getting a clear view of her car that was now parked right in front of a nightclub.

“She’s meeting him at a nightclub?” he whispered to himself and felt his chest tighten. He saw her getting out of her car and walking to the corner of the building.

He opened his car window slightly and took out a box with a small high tech fly that had a microphone attached to it. He sent it out off the window and steered it with the small remote that came with it, making the fly fly over to her. He put on his earphones and just listened.

“Well, don’t you look beautiful today. Did you dress up for me?”

Taeyong rolled his eyes and felt like he was going to puke at the sound of Jimin’s voice. He could just go now and capture that bastard. The mission would be over and he wouldn’t have to put up with any of this anymore. But there was something holding him back. He just didn’t know what.

“You wish.”

The sound of her voice made his heart ache a little. It was crazy how this girl could make him feel all kind of emotions.

“I do, indeed.”

“Stop being such a flirt!”

Giggles were heard from the earphones and he took a deep breath to calm down. Wondering if he even wanted to continue to listen or not.

“Okay! I’ll skip the small talk then if you wish for so… I’m proud of you, Seulgi. And before we steal the last files I want to take you out for dinner.”

He rolled his eyes at the sudden confession and seriously felt like he was going to puke.

“A dinner? Since when did you become so romantic?”

Giggles were once again heard and he scoffed at the sound of her flirting as well.

“It sounds great. But why don’t we wait until after we take down SM together?”

A quiet sigh escaped Taeyong’s lips. “Trying to be Bonnie and Clyde, huh?” he mumbled to himself and continued to listen.

“Maybe I just want to do something special for you?”

“That’s really sweet.”

“Then, would the beautiful lady in pink let me take her out on a date?”

He shut his eyes and clenched his jaw. Not wanting to hear anything more than needed. He was now sure that Seulgi was working for Jimin, he didn’t hear the wrong name that night in London.

He took his earphones off and threw them and the remote to the pile of paper cups behind him. He started his engine and drove away, increasing the speed as he focused on the road.

Alcohol. He was never the one who drank alcohol, he even preferred to drink water instead of it at parties or special events. But at this moment he craved alcohol more than anything.

He didn’t want to feel the pain. He didn’t want to keep liking the girl that lured him. He didn’t want to be blinded by the fake love. He just wanted to drown himself in alcohol. He just wanted happiness, even if it was going to be temporary. He just wanted to get drunk and forget everything. He just wanted to escape and start over. He just wanted to erase his memories of her and start over.

---------------------------------------------

“Then, would the beautiful lady in pink let me take her out on a date?”

“I’d like that,” Seulgi smiled.

“Great.” Jimin said and returned her smile.

“So, when are you taking me on this date?” she asked him with a playful smirk on her face.

“On Friday, and I want us to catch the flight to Madrid right after. The last files are there, and then, we’ll finally have our sweet revenge on SM.” He answered with a huge grin on his face.

“Friday? Six more days and this mission is over.” Seulgi thought and grinned as well as she nodded her head, “I like that plan,” she said and suddenly heard Jimin’s phone ringing.

“It’s better than Taeyong’s,” she thought and smiled at the thought of him and suddenly she felt the urge to listen to Justin Timberlake.

“What is it?” Jimin asked as he answered his phone while Seulgi stood there and waited patiently for the call to end.

Jimin sighed and rubbed his eyes as he listened carefully to the other person on the line, “fine, I’ll be right there.”

He hung up and looked up at Seulgi and gave her an apologetic smile. “It’s Min Yoongi, a criminal I just made a deal with and he wants to meet me. It’s really important,” he told her and she nodded.

“It’s fine, duty is calling,” she said and gave him a reassuring smile.

“I’ll call you later,” he winked and walked over to his car.

“See you!” she called as he got into his car and drove off.

She sighed as she watched him drive away and went over to her own car and sat in the driver’s seat. She locked the doors and leaned back on the seat, letting out a heavy sigh. She took out her phone and went into her contacts, looking up his name. She pressed on call and waited.

“Is he still in a bad mood?” she asked herself and tried calling him again.

“H-hey, Yong. How are you? I-I just wanted to know… Are you busy right now?” she ended the call and sent the voice message to him. She called him a few more times and seeing how he didn’t answer any calls she decided to send him a few more voice messages.

“I’m getting worried. Why are you being so distant? You didn’t even talk to me once yesterday.”

“Can we meet up somewhere and just talk? Please?”

“Yong, please answer my calls.”

“Did I do something? Are you mad at me?”

“Where are you right now?”

“Are you still asleep?”

“You’re probably sleeping… Call me when you hear this, okay?”

She sighed and was about to call him one more time when Joohyun’s face popped up on her phone. She closed her eyes for a brief moment before answering the call.

“Seulgi, the girls and I are back in Seoul and we have to meet up and talk about our next step in the mission. We’re waiting in Seungwan’s office and Sooyoung is already on her way.” Joohyun quickly informed her.

“On my way,” Seulgi answered quickly and hung up the phone. She bit her lip and quickly decided to call him, just one last time. And of course he didn’t answer so she sent one last voice message.

“I miss you. And I’m really worried about you. Please call me back, Yong. I need to hear the voice that belongs to my wonderful hot shot.” Seulgi said and giggled at her last sentence. She ended the voice message and placed her phone on the other seat and started her engine, driving to the office.

---------------------------------------------

Taeyong eyed the hard liquor and wrapped his fingers around the glass. He raised the glass to his lips and took a sip, feeling the burning sensation on his tongue and then in his throat. He sighed and drank the liquor, hoping that the effects would come quickly.

He felt his phone buzz from his pocket for the hundredth time today and took it out. He unlocked the screen and saw fifteen missed calls and nine voice messages from her. He chuckled to himself and drank what was left in his glass. “Who does she think she is?” he said to himself and ordered nine shots of vodka.

He opened the first voice message, hearing the hesitation in her voice. As the voice message ended he took one shot of vodka and opened the second voice message, chuckling at her fake, worried tone. He took another shot of vodka and continued to do so after every voice messa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter