Chapter 18: Day 18

Trust Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“He’s waking up!”

Taeyong opened his eyes to see the two vague shapes in front of him. His vision was blurry and the lightning in the room that blinded his eyes did not help. He tried to sit up but the dizziness immediately took over his head and he felt more of the pain at the back of his head. He groaned and buried his face in his hands.

“Take it easy,” he heard a female voice and felt a hand on his shoulder.

“B-Boa?” he stuttered at the recognition of the voice and looked up, narrowing his eyes to get a clear sight of her though his vision was still blurry.

“It’s me,” she assured and helped him to sit up on the bed.

He groaned as the headache got stronger and the nauseous feeling took over. He rubbed his eyes in hopes of his vision getting better, but the sight was still just as blurry. He closed his eyes and ran his hand through his hair, taking deep breaths to ease the pain.

“Taeyong.”

“Suho?” he asked and Suho handed him something that he assumed was a glass of water.

“Listen to me, okay?” Suho told him and he took the glass and began chugging the whole glass.

“I need you to think carefully about what happened last night. Seungwan told us that she found you unconscious outside the building. We thought that you just fainted because of fatigue but after we ran some tests we found out that there were enormous amounts of alcohol in your system. But-” Suho stopped and looked around the room, as if someone would listen to their conversation.

He turned back to Taeyong and lowered his voice. “You were also injected with a syringe that causes unconsciousness, followed by extreme blurriness and headaches for twelve hours. The type that only top spies from SM has access to.” He whispered and Taeyong immediately understood what his point was.

“The only top spies in this agency except for you are Dong Sicheng, Do Kyungsoo, and Choi Minho. And they all just came back from Slovenia and haven’t been in the building. So tell me why you needed the syringe and who it was that injected you instead.”

“I-” Taeyong took a deep breath and collected his thoughts, the dizziness in his head prevented him from thinking clearly. Every memory he had was a blur and he had to think through carefully.

“Seulgi,” he breathed and Boa immediately widened her eyes.

“Seulgi?” she questioned and furrowed her eyebrows. “What is it with her?”

“She-” he tightened his lips and thought about it. “She is working with Park Jimin.”

“What?!” Suho exclaimed and raised from his chair.

“Taeyong,” he then said and grabbed Taeyong by his shoulders. “You have to think carefully and tell me exactly everything that is going on. What happened? Are you sure Seulgi is working with Park Jimin?”

Taeyong shut his eyes for a moment and groaned as he tried to think, “I s-suspected s-something and f-followed her.” He stuttered and shook his head.

“And then, what happened?” Suho asked him.

“I think… She went in to this night club… And I activated a small drone, fly, thing. And I heard both of them talk about taking SM down or something.” Taeyong explained and Suho furrowed his eyebrows.

“What?!” he shouted and startled Taeyong, and even Boa, with his sudden outburst.

“You followed Seulgi, and she met up with Jimin! You had your perfect chance to catch BOTH of them, Taeyong!” he scolded and Boa gripped his arm.

“Suho, calm down. This is not the time to talk about that.” She told him and he gritted his teeth.

“Boa! We’ve tried to capture Park Jimin for months! And Taeyong had his perfect chance but blew it!”

“I-I-I-I,” Taeyong stammered as he tried to find the right words to apologize but Suho stopped him.

“Let me guess! You tried to inject Seulgi with the syringe in order to catch her, but she noticed and injected you with it instead! Right?! We didn’t need you to catch Seulgi! We need you to catch mothering Park Jimin!”

“Suho! Calm down!” Boa yelled at him and turned his head so that he faced her.

“He wouldn’t have been able to catch them anyway! He would have to go against them both and if you didn’t know, Park Jimin is a top criminal while Seulgi aced all the tests before getting accepted into the agency. Her skills are almost as good as a top spy’s.” She explained and Suho clenched his fists but managed to calm down. He turned back to Taeyong and stared at him. After a few seconds he heaved a sigh and sat back down on the chair.

“I’m sorry for the sudden outburst.” He apologized.

“It’s okay, boss.” Taeyong trembled and looked down on his empty hands, his sight still blurry.

“I told you not to call me boss. We’ve known each other for more than ten years. It’s weird,” Suho told him and Taeyong felt his lips curl up into a smile.

“Yeah it felt weird to say that,” he said with a small laugh.

“You two are so weird,” Boa remarked as she looked at the two guys making up.

“But we have to be serious now and come up with a good plan.” Suho commanded and turned to Boa.

“We have to find Seulgi.”

----------------------------------------------------

“Seulgi, you have to be really careful, okay? And stick to the plan.”

“I will, Boa.”

Seulgi fished for her keys in her pocket and opened the door to her apartment.

“How is he by the way?” she asked as she stepped into the hallway and took off her shoes.

“He’s feeling better and his vision is back, so there’s nothing you have to worry about. But just promise me that you’ll be careful, okay? And you’ll leave tonight, right?”

“Yes. I’ll call you later. Bye.” Seulgi hung up and a frown quickly appeared on her face.

“What am I supposed to do now?” she whined as she walked towards the living room but stopp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter