Chapter 20: Day 21

Trust Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seulgi sighed out of boredom as she listened to the sound of her nails tapping on the table. She had just been forced out of her room and back to the interrogation room, and the feeling of her hands being cuffed to the table annoyed her. She couldn’t tuck her long hair behind her ear nor scratch her back that had been itching for what felt like eternity.

Taeyong on the other hand, sat outside the interrogation room and watched the girl through the glass window. Without realising it, a small smile appeared on his face as she whipped her head a few times in attempt of getting the small strands of hair out of her face.

“Why do you have to be on his side, Kang Seulgi?” he muttered before getting up to open the door to the room.

Seulgi turned to him and flashed him a smirk, “more questions?” she asked.

“If not, I wouldn’t be here.” He answered casually and sat down in front of her.

“Before you start,” she spoke softly and paused, waiting for him to lift his gaze from the papers in his hand. “Can I ask you a hypothetical question?” she asked.

Taeyong shot a look at her and pursed his lips together. “Sure,” he answered after a few seconds.

“Let’s say that you were into this girl, and you would pick her up in a few days to go somewhere, like a date, or something. You get to her house, and realise, she’s not there. And all of her things are gone. What do you do?” she asked him with a small, hopeful smile.

Before he could answer she quickly interrupted him, “you call her! And she doesn’t pick up, right? So you go and look for her.”

“Okay..?” he said, not knowing where this “hypothetical question” was going since he didn’t get to answer but continued to listen to her anyway.

“But here’s the catch! You find her, and she’s kidnapped! What do you do?” she asked him and Taeyong wondered if there was something in the syringe that made her this crazy or if she actually was this crazy in real life.

“I save her?” he guessed earned a groan from her.

“No! Or, I mean, yes. But what happens to the kidnappers? What do you do with them?” she asked him.

“I fight them? Or if things get really bad, I could end up killing them.” He explained and earned a small applause from her.

“I’m sure that situation will happen to some people soon.” She said with a serious expression and Taeyong looked at her, confused.

“Why are you telling me this?” he asked her.

“What time is it?” she asked and he looked at his watch. “14:36.”

Seulgi made a grimace and shook her head.

“Why are you shaking your head?” he asked her, confusion still written all over his face.

She didn’t answer and just looked him straight in the eye, making the frustration in him build even more. Before he could ask or do anything else gunshots and screams were heard. He swiftly turned his head, listening closely and heard even more gunshots. He stole a glance at her, as if he was hesitating about something, but he quickly hurried out of the room, leaving Seulgi alone. 

“He’s here,” she mumbled and bit her lip.

------------------------------------------------

“Did Yoongi place all of them?” Jimin asked the driver who looked at him through the rearview mirror and nodded.

A wide smirk crept up on Jimin’s face and he watched all the people run into the building from the car window. Seeing as it was time, he opened the door and stepped out of the car, breathing in the fresh air.

He cracked his neck and listened to the endless sounds of firing gunshots. He made his way towards the building and went through the broken glass doors. His smirk got replaced with a frown as he saw some people lying unconscious on the floor. He gritted his teeth but decided not to focus too much on it.

With ease, he walked through the crowd who were busy fighting and hurried to the staircase. He proceeded to walk down the stairs but stopped in his tracks when he heard two people under him who seemed to be hurrying up the stairs.

He took out his gun and waited quietly for the two people to reach his position. As he spotted the two men running up the stairs he aimed his gun and headshotted them both. He took a peak under the stairs and pouted, “I thought you two were spies, not some worthless security guards.”

His lips formed a thin line as he took careful steps over the two dead guards to avoid stepping on the pools of blood that were now gushing from their heads.

As he walked down the last flight of stairs and got to an empty hallway he hurried to the door on the other side. He cleared his throat and pressed on his earpiece, “take them down here,” he spoke and kicked the door open.

He walked into the dark, spacious room and saw Seulgi through the glass window, cuffed to the table. He quickly went to the door that led to the interrogation room she was in and opened it.

“I see that they got you,” he said casually as he took off his face mask.

She eyed her handcuffs and he went over to her and picked the lock to the them.

“The detectives managed to follow me to the villa and captured me,” Seulgi told him as she rubbed her wrists. “We have t-” before she could finish her sentence she was taken aback as he cuffed her hands together.

“What a-” before she could ask what he was doing she felt a hard slap on her left cheek that made her fall down on the floor.

She widened her eyes as she touched her cheek and looked up at him.

“Do you really think I’m stupid?!” he yelled and Seulgi’s jaw dropped as her eyes caught the six people that entered the room.

--------------------------------------------

Taeyong could not believe what he saw right in front of him. Dead bodies were laying on the floor, big pools of blood were spread across the lobby, and a big swarm of people were fighting each other. It was a scene he had never in his entire life seen nor expected in the SM building.

He noticed a man running towards him with a knife in his hand. His reflexes kicked in and he swiftly turned to the side, making the knife pass by him with a few inches. He gripped the man’s arm and twisted it, making his arm pop out of his shoulder socket.

The man dropped the knife but Taeyong caught it with ease and stabbed the man’s back and twisted the knife, making the man fall on the floor. He pulled out the knife and sensed another person behind him. With no hesitation, he turned around while swinging the knife, resulting in clawing the unknown man’s face.

He instantly scanned the room and felt a small wave of relief wash over him when he saw that all the people lying on the floor were only the unknown men. All the spies in the agency, even the former ones, were gathered in the room, fighting all of these men.

He spotted Kyungsoo, struggling to fight three men at the same time. He grabbed the unconscious man’s gun from his pocket and hurried to help Kyungsoo. He loaded the gun and directly pointed his gun at Kyungsoo’s direction, shooting past his shoulder and hitting the man behind him, making it easier for him to fight just the two criminals that were on him.

Taeyong then felt a hand on his shoulder and soon a hard hit on his nose, he stumbled back a little and felt his eyes water. He regained his position and ducked from another punch and kicked the man in the stomach and then shot him right in the forehead.

He turned around and saw Kyungsoo getting a grip of someone’s head and twisting it. He hurried to him and they both ducked for cover behind a table as gunshots were firing at them.

“What are you thinking?” Kyungsoo asked him as he noticed Taeyong pondering about something. That’s when it hit him. Seulgi’s “hypothetical question” combined with the conversation he heard her having with Jimin before.

“That’s why she wanted to be catched. It was a trap, a secret signal to Jimin to come and raid SM now instead...” he mumbled and Kyungsoo raised his eyebrow at him.

“Why would she need to do that? Couldn’t she have just told Jimin about it?” Kyungsoo asked, knowing exactly who and what Taeyong was referring to. Before waiting for Taeyong to answer he hastily looked out from the table and shot two men.

“None of our spies are injured badly and there are still about forty of Jimin’s men left, sixty are dead.” He commented and turned back to Taeyong. “Well? Are you going to answer my question?”

“I’m not so sure why she did that either, I guess she has different tactics to do things.”

“Well… Boa informed everyone to be here today and to be prepared, I guess she knew about it.”

---------------------------------------------

The amount of shock in her mind and body made Seulgi unable to move. The sight of the men throwing the three tied up people on the floor made her heart stop. There was a big lump in and she felt her eyes burning. “W-what did y-you...?” she croaked, unable to finish her sentence.

She met the girl’s ple

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter