Chapter 10: Day 10

Trust Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I swear when I get back I’m going to kill you,” Taeyong murmured under his breath as he fixed his hair for the hundredth time in the span of five minutes.

“No, when you get back you’re going to tell me and Kun about what an amazing night you had and that you and Seulgi kissed at the end of the date.” Donghyuck stated while pouring some chips in a bowl. “Besides, it’s time for you to finally be social and start dating, you can’t live alone for the rest of your life.”

“I have you guys?” Taeyong said, rather as a question than a statement.

“If you think I’m going to live with you until we grow old and get all wrinkly together… You could be right, but I don’t think the chances are that high.”

“The date wasn’t even my plan.”

“But you like it, don’t you?” Kun said with a smirk and Taeyong rolled his eyes.

“Don’t you even dare to say another word. I’m already getting a headache from Donghyuck.”

“Then why didn’t you just cancel the date? Why let it be? Why even go?” Kun said, the smirk not leaving his face.

“I can’t just cancel when she agreed to go on a date, she’s been through enough things already.” Taeyong defended himself and Kun scoffed.

“Liar,” he muttered.

“Why are you two still here at my house? Don’t you have anything better to do?” Taeyong asked as he grew even more irritated.

“Nope,” both Donghyuck and Kun said while grinning, making Taeyong roll his eyes once more.

“Hey, you better hurry up if you want to pick Seulgi up in time and not show up late,” Kun said and looked at his watch.

“What time is it?” Taeyong asked while putting his gray coat on.

“17:35.”

“Oh , pass me the keys.” Taeyong said and Donghyuck grabbed the car keys from the drawer and threw them to him. “Great, don’t make a mess,” he warned them and went out to his car and drove off to Seulgi’s place.

-------------------------------------------

Taeyong took a deep breath and looked at his watch, 17:57.

He stepped outside and leaned on the hood of the car and crossed his arms.

“Is this what guys do to look cool? or is it like this?” he asked himself and switched his pose and sat on the hood and leaned backwards with his arms behind him as support.

“No, the first pose looked cooler,” he said and changed back to his original pose.

“Poker face, TY, poker face. Look cool.”

“The hell am I doing?” he then mumbled and stood up normally and put his hands in his pockets.

“Why am I so nervous?” he then said as he felt sweat dripping down from his forehead and wiped it off. “Be calm Taeyong, it’s just Seulgi, not Beyoncé. Just stay ca-”

Before he could finish his pep talk to himself he saw Seulgi walking out of the apartment building and quickly leaned on the hood with crossed arms and looked down on his shoes.

As Seulgi came closer to him he lifted up his gaze and suddenly couldn’t keep his eyes off her.

“Damn,” he mumbled and couldn’t help but to check her out, up and down.

She was wearing a simple outfit consisting of light blue skinny jeans with a chain attached to it and a black off shoulder sweater, together with black heels and some silver jewelries and a white purse. The outfit was simple yet elegant and her hair… Wow. She looked stunning.

“Hello? Earth to Taeyong!”

Taeyong snapped out of his thoughts as Seulgi waved her hand in front of his face.

“Checking me out, huh?” she teased.

“So what if I did?” he smirked, “You do look great,” he then said and Seulgi hid her red cheeks with her purse and laughed briefly.

“Thank you, you don’t look so bad yourself,” she smiled.

“Not bad? Come on, I look great!”

“Well if you think so, sure.”

“Well, do you think so?”

“Should we get going?” Seulgi said avoiding the question, teasing him, and got into the car.

Taeyong chuckled and mumbled “I always look great,” and got into the car.

“Are you hungry?” he asked as he started the engine and backed out of the parking lot.

“Starving.”

-------------------------------------------------

Taeyong pulled up by the Mexican restaurant in town and got out of the car and opened the other door for Seulgi who gave him a confused look.

“What?” he asked.

“Why are you being such a gentleman?” she asked him with a confused smile and got out of the car.

“Well, shouldn’t I be a gentleman for my date?” he said and Seulgi widened her eyes a little bit.

“A date? Aren’t we just hanging out, you know, like always?” she furrowed her eyebrows and Taeyong stood there speechless, trying to utter a few words but sadly failed to do that.

“, Donghyuck only wrote about hanging out. But he kept nagging to me about this being a date that I actually thought so!” he thought and mentally slapped himself but managed to calm down a bit when he heard Seulgi giggle.

“So, Lee Taeyong, if this now is a date, does that mean that you’re paying for my food too?” she said and grabbed his arm and dragged him into the restaurant. If he only knew how happy it made her feel to hear him call it a date.

When they got in they picked a table by the window and a waiter immediately came to take their order.

“I’ll have the original enchiladas and an iced tea, please.” Seulgi ordered after having a good luck at the menu.

“And I’ll have original tacos and some nachos and a coke, thank you.” Taeyong told the waiter who nodded and went to the kitchen.

“Want to know a fun fact about me?” Seulgi said.

“No.” Taeyong joked.

“I’ve never eaten mexican food before,” Seulgi said.

“What? really?” Taeyong said shocked. “Good thing I chose this place then.”

“You can’t say it’s a good thing before I’ve tried the food.”

“It’s going to be good, believe me. I went here with Jaemin before and it was the best Mexican food we both had ever had. You’re not going to get disappointed.”

Seulgi laughed at how Taeyong was really determined to convince her that the food would be good. “What is it now?” he asked her with a smile.

“Nothing, it’s just funny how you’re so serious about convincing me that the food is going to be good. I didn’t even say anything bad,” she replied and chuckled.

“Well, it’s the truth.”

“Alright, since you like to speak the truth,” she said before pausing and leaning forward, resting her chin on her hand. “I thought you wanted to hang out like we usually do, but did you want this time to actually be a date?”

“.” Taeyong thought and swallowed his saliva, “How am I supposed to answer this and not give a bad excuse? Or I could tell the truth but…”

“Uhm, well I-I, no I just wanted to hang out, but I mean you can have a date between two friends too, and you can call it either date or hanging out, right? They’re like synonyms. You get what I mean?”

“Yes, I handled that well! One point for TY!”

“Oh, yeah I get it,” Seulgi smiled, trying to hide her disappointment.

“I feel like we’ve been so busy with the mission and only thinking about that and I felt like we really needed to hang out like friends and not like colleagues.”

“Yeah, that’s great.”

“Here’s your order,” the waiter came and said and gave them their food and drinks. “Enjoy your meal.”

“Thank you,” Seulgi smiled at him and started digging into the food.

As soon as she took a bite of the enchilada her face lit up and her eyes widened. Taeyong thought she looked really cute and laughed at her expression.

“Oh my, have you tried their enchiladas?” she asked.

“No, actually I haven’t.”

“Here,” she said and cut up a piece and fed him that piece of enchilada.

Taeyong widened his eyes, “Wow, that’s really good.”

“You were right. Without over exaggerating, this is really, really good!”

Without realising it, Taeyong smiled watching the girl in front of him eat the food and bouncing her shoulders up and down as to how good the food was.

“Hey! Don’t stare at me, I know I look great, you’ve already told me that. But your food is going to get cold if you don’t start eating it now.” Seulgi said and Taeyong snapped out of his thoughts and began to eat his food.

And from time to time, Seulgi would steal some of his nachos and she would share her enchiladas with him. She thought that she should at least be happy about the fact that they were going to become very good friends. Or maybe they already were good friends? Still, she wanted more than that.

“But it seems like he doesn’t after all,” she sadly thought.

-----------------------------------------------------

“No!” Seulgi said disappointingly as there weren’t any food left

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter