Chapter 5: Day 5

Trust Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Seulgi, you haven’t touched your food since we got here,” Sooyoung told her friend with a worried expression.

The four girls sat still and watched Seulgi stir her cup of coffee for the hundred time.

“Seulgi, is something bothering you?” Joohyun asked and Seulgi let out a heavy sigh.

“Yes,” she mumbled, still staring at her coffee.

“What is it?” Seungwan asked and Seulgi let out yet another heavy sigh.

“Oh my goodness, stop sighing so much and just tell us!” Yerim said as she started to get irritated by Seulgi’s behaviour.

“Yerim!” Joohyun scolded and Yerim put her hands up in surrender.

“Sorry,” she mumbled and continued to sip on her tea.

“What is it that’s bothering you, Seulgi? You’re never like this. It must be pretty serious,” Joohyun said and waited for Seulgi to respond.

“Well, yesterday, I realised something,” Seulgi said and paused for a while. “Ugh I can’t believe it!” she then shouted in frustration.

“Seulgi, what is it?” Seungwan asked.

“I’ve only known him for like, four days!” Seulgi shouted and crossed her arms. “How the heck did I develop a crush on him after four days!?” Seulgi continued to shout and the girls sat there in shock.

“Wait! Seulgi! You have a crush on Taeyong?!” Sooyoung squealed.

“Why are you so sad about that? It’s not that bad,” Seungwan reassured.

“It is bad! It’s going to affect the mission in one way or another!” Seulgi said and sighed again.

“Again with the sighing…” Yerim mumbled but smiled at Seulgi.

“What exactly happened at his house yesterday?!” Joohyun asked.

“You were at his house?!” the other girls exclaimed.

Seulgi looked at her best friends and let out one more heavy sigh and banged her head on the table.

“I can’t believe that I have a crush on him, I don’t know what I’m going to do next time I see him. It’s going to be so awkward, he was just fooling around with me and next second I realise that I like him.” Seulgi mumbled.

“Seulgi, what happened yesterday?” Joohyun asked again.

Seulgi looked up and told them everything that happened at Taeyong’s house yesterday in every little detail and then banged her head on the table again.

“Oh…” Seungwan mumbled.

“Hey, cheer up, it’s not that bad, you aced both your acting test and lie detector test, right?” Yerim said trying to calm down Seulgi.

“I did, but now it’s different, my feelings are getting involved and every time I think about him I just get all weird and flustered and I just don’t know what to do, what if I fall in deeper?” she mumbled.

“I know it’s hard Seulgi, but you have to be professional about this, the mission just started and you can’t mess up.” Joohyun pointed out.

“I know, I’ll try my best,” Seulgi said and looked up.

“Aye, don’t think about it. You’re Kang Seulgi, okay? And we’re getting through this together, even if we have to follow SHINee on their mission you can still call us anytime, okay?” Sooyoung reassured.

“Hey, since when did you get so good at comforting people?” Seulgi teased Sooyoung rolled her eyes at her and scoffed and the others laughed.

“Thanks girls, I’m feeling much better,” Seulgi said and her phone buzzed. She looked at her phone and her heart dropped, “or not,” she mumbled and banged her head on the table again.

“Seulgi! You’re going to have a bruise on your forehead if you keep on doing that!” Joohyun said and took the phone and her eyes widened.

“What is it?” Seungwan asked and took the phone, “oh…” she mumbled.

“You know, you can read the message out loud if you want to,” Yerim said as she was starting to get really curious.

“Hey Seulgi, you forgot your jacket at my house yesterday, I would give it to you, but since I’m sick I think it’s best if you come and take it yourself.” Seungwan read.

“What?!” Sooyoung and Yerim shouted and Yerim snatched the phone from Seungwan.

“Why is he acting like this? First he’s teasing you and now he’s all mean and cold?” Sooyoung said.

“I’ll show him that our Seulgi is so much better than him,” Yerim said and started typing something on the phone.

“Yerim!” Joohyun said and snatched the phone. “Let Seulgi text him,” she said and put the phone on the table and it buzzed again.

Yerim snatched the phone again and raised her eyebrows, “What is wrong with this guy?” she mumbled.

“You know, you can read the message out loud if you want to,” Seungwan mimicked and Yerim stuck out her tongue at her.

“You know that I can see that you’re online and that you’ve read my message, right? I’m just kidding with you Seulgi, *laughing emoji*, where are you? I’ll come and give it to you.” Yerim read.

“Oh my goodness,” Sooyoung sighed.

“Seulgi, tell me what to write,” Yerim said and Seulgi looked up.

“Write something in style with, I don’t care about you,” Seulgi said and drank her, now cold, coffee.

“Got it,” Yerim said and started typing something on the phone. “And send.”

“What did you write?” Joohyun asked.

“You know that you’re not the only one on KakaoTalk that I talk to, right? I’ll come by later and get it, I have other things to do.” Yerim read.

“Aye! That’s good,” Sooyoung said and high fived her.

“He’s typing something!” Yerim said and looked intensely at the phone screen. The phone buzzed and Yerim rolled her eyes.

“Still mad about yesterday I see…” she read and typed something back.

“I’m not mad, don’t think that everything is about you,” Yerim mumbled what she wrote, “Do you just call him by his name or..?” Yerim asked.

“Hot shot,” Seulgi answered and Yerim wrote hot shot before hitting send.

“Hah! He left you on read Seul, he didn’t expect that,” Yerim giggled.

“Whatever,” Seulgi said and took her phone back. “I should think about the mission instead, I have to meet Jimin in half an hour anyways,” she said and got up and put on her coat and got her bag.

“I’ll see you girls later,” she said.

“Bye Seul,” they said and Seulgi began walking towards the exit.

“Don’t forget to tell us about your meeting with Taeyong later!” Yerim shouted and Seulgi chuckled.

---------------------------------

FLASHBACK:

“How do I look?” Seulgi asked and looked at herself in the mirror.

She wore a short, off shoulder, tight, glittery black dress with black high heels. She had a smokey eye makeup and her lips were wine red. She did not feel comfortable at all, the dress showed too much skin and she had to pull it down every other minute. Her makeup was also so different from what she usually had and it felt like she wore someone else’s face.

“y!” Sooyoung commented while smiling.

“Here, wear these instead,” Seungwan said and handed Seulgi a pair of black knee high boots.

“Are you sure that Jimin is going to be at the club tonight?” Seulgi asked while putting on the shoes.

“Yup,” Yerim answered.

“Then why can’t we just catch him there and then?” Seulgi asked.

“He’s not going to be the only one there with a gun, and even if we were to catch him there it would be too risky since it’s a public night club and a lot of innocent lives are at risk.” Joohyun informed.

“But they always fight in public in spy movies!” Seulgi said.

“Exactly, movies,” Joohyun said and gave Seulgi an earpiece.

“You ready?” Seungwan asked and Seulgi nodded.

“Great, Seungwan, Yerim and I will be here and monitor you by the earpiece,” Joohyun said.

“And I’ll be your driver, so let’s go!” Sooyoung said and dragged Seulgi out of the room and to the parking lot.

“Look, there’s Dongyoung, isn’t he cute?” Sooyoung whispered when they got to the car and pointed at a guy that was walking out of the building.

“Just get in the car,” Seulgi chuckled and got in the car.

“But he is cute, right?” Sooyoung said.

“Yeah yeah, sure,” Seulgi said and they drove off to the nightclub.

---------------------------------------

“I’ll wait for you here,” Sooyoung said as Seulgi got out of the car.

“Okay.”

Seulgi walked into the nightclub and looked around, music blasting in her ears.

“Seulgi, are you okay?” she heard Joohyun say through the monitor.

“Yup, just a room full with drunk people and strippers,” she said and started walking past the dance floor until she felt an arm around her waist.

“Hey there hottie, want a drink” a man whispered in her ear and she started getting dizzy by his strong perfume.

“Sure, I’ll take yours,” she smiled as she took his cocktail and walked away.

“Hey!” the man shouted behind her.

“Hey sweetie!” a drunk woman said as she put her arms around Seulgi’s shoulder.

“Damn, people at this club aren’t shy for a bit I see,” she thought.

“Hey girl, want a drink?” she then said and handed the girl the drink she took from the man before.

“Aww, thanks hun,” the woman took the drink and went back to the dance floor.

Seulgi continued to walk around until something caught her eye.

“Bingo,” she sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter