Chapter 9: Day 9

Trust Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Are you kidding me?!”

Taeyong was shocked by the news Boa just told him and buried his head in his hands and sighed heavily.

“But Boa, we managed to capture Kim Jennie before she even stepped a foot in the agency building. How is it possible that they got access to the files?” Youngho asked, just as shocked as Taeyong.

Seulgi and Joohyun just sat there in silence and shrugged, pretending to be completely clueless. 

“We don’t know, and according to our sources Park Jimin left the country directly after his visit at Villa D’Este together with Minatozaki Sana.” Boa told them.

“Could it have been Jung Jungkook then?” Joohyun asked and Boa sighed. “He was the one drove the helicopter but he may possibly have turned back in attempt of picking up Jennie after her mission, but I guess he had to do it instead,” she answered. “But don’t feel some kind of defeat or anything, you guys did a great job with capturing Kim Jennie and should be proud of that. However, it seems like Park Jimin is one step ahead of us, unfortunately.” she then said.

Taeyong stood up and kicked the chair next to him and broke off its leg, “I’ll pay for that,” he then said.

“You didn’t even pay for the other chair you broke,” Youngho commented and Taeyong told him to shut up.

“Taeyong, I know you’re feeling very frustrated but don’t lose hope, Jimin hasn’t stolen every file out there.” Joohyun said as support and Taeyong sighed but nodded eventually.

“You’re right, but we need to stop being so careless, we need more backup next time,” he said and Boa agreed to that.

“I’ll send more backup next time. But now, go home and rest, you all must be very tired. I’ll inform you as soon as possible when I get information about the next destination,” Boa said and the four spies got out of the office.

“My stomach hurts,” Seulgi mumbled and rubbed her stomach, “I think I ate too many pringles.”

“You think so? You literally inhaled like four cans,” Youngho remarked.

“And you chugged down six bottles of fanta,” she shot back.

“At least it wasn’t sprite.”

“Like that’s any better.”

“Okay you two, stop arguing. Seulgi, want to come over at my place? I invited Taeyeon and Luna over for dinner and I need someone to help me cook the food,” Joohyun said.

“I’m sorry, I have to stay here. I promised Seungwan that I would help her with some paperwork.” Seulgi said.

“Oh, alright, that’s fine,” Joohyun smiled, knowing that Seulgi implied on faking the files for the next agency.

“Can I help you then?” Youngho asked her.

“No, you’re an absolute horrible cook,” Joohyun said and giggled.

“But I can help you chop up some vegetables,” Youngho insisted and the couple laughed together.

“Okay love-birds, go and chop some vegetables before I puke from your actions,” Taeyong said and Youngho rolled his eyes and walked out of the building with Joohyun.

“I should get going to then,” Taeyong told Seulgi and she smiled.

“Sure, I’ll see you later,” she said and Taeyong returned her smile.

“See you,” he said and started walking away, “Just call me if you need a ride home,” he then shouted and she had a confused expression on her face. “Since when did you become so nice?” she said to herself.

--------------------------------------------------

“And we’re finally done,” Seungwan said and Seulgi breathed out while leaning back on her chair. Her whole body was aching and it felt like shutting down.

They had been working on faking another bunch of files for the past five hours and were finally done, it was 11pm and Seulgi was beyond exhausted.

“I’ll put these in an envelope,” Seungwan said and went to get an envelope and put the files in them.

“I never knew how hard it was to fake some files,” Seulgi mumbled and yawned.

“Yeah, you have to come up with all different kind of names and their birth dates, hometown, crime, well, you name it.” Seungwan said and gave the envelope to Seulgi.

“I guess you do learn something new everyday.”

“Yup. I have to go now though, I have to get up early tomorrow and catch a flight to Slovenia. Can you make sure to turn off all the lights and close the door before you leave?”

“Sure.”

-----------------------------------------------------

Seulgi went out to the lobby and saw Jongin sitting on the sofa, reading a magazine. He was one of the first spies except for the girls who had helped her around the agency and was very welcoming.

“Night shift?” she asked and he looked up from the magazine and flashed her a smile.

“No, I just needed some peace, the guys just bought the new GTA game and Baekhyun just won’t shut up when he plays,” he said and Seulgi chuckled.

“I see, well I’ve got to go home so, goodnight then,” she said to him with a smile.

“Goodnight, Seulgi,” he said and she walked out to the parking lot.

“Wait,” she said and stopped in her tracks and then mentally slapped herself. “I didn’t drive here in my car.”

She cursed to herself in every possible language and groaned in frustration.

“What do I do now? I can’t walk home, it’s an hour long walk and it’s dark outside,” she said to herself, “And it’s cold too…. And my body hurts…. And I’m sleepy.”

Seulgi didn’t actually mind walking alone in the dark, she had just done it in Rome a few days ago but she was just too tired to walk home and she knew her body wouldn’t cope with her. She had already felt how her eyelids felt heavier and heavier by every second that passed. She sighed and tried to think of a solution, she could ask Jongin to give her a ride home, but she was afraid of disturbing him.

But as if a light bulb just lit above her head, she suddenly remembered that Taeyong told her to call him if she needed a ride home. He must’ve known that she didn’t have her car. But what if he just joked about it?

She shrugged off that thought and took out her phone anyway and went in on KakaoTalk and looked for his ID. She then pressed on voice call and waited for him to pick up.

“Hello?” a sleepy voice said.

“Hi, Taeyong? I’m so sorry if I’m disturbing you but-”

“But you need a ride home, right?”

“Yeah, how did you know?”

“Well, first of all because I told you to call me if you needed a ride home. Second of all, we got to the agency in Joohyun’s car and since she drove off with Youngho I figured you wouldn’t have a ride home. Unless you asked Seungwan or anyone else at the agency but it seems like you didn’t do that, so, here we are.”

“Right, well I do actually need a ride home.”

“Alright ma’am. Could you just walk around the corner and wait for me by convenience store? I’ll be there in ten minutes.”

“Okay, see you.”

Seulgi hung up and began walking to the convenience store around the corner and stood there and waited patiently for Taeyong.

She looked around the empty streets and saw a group of five men walking towards her way. They were all pretty big and wore black hoodies. She usually didn’t mind a big group of men coming her way but this time she was low key scared.

“It’s okay Seulgi, they’re just going to walk by,” she thought to herself.

“Well hello there babydoll,” a man from the group then said to her and everyone stopped just in front of her.

“Or not.” she mentally cursed to herself.

“What is a little girl like you doing here all alone?” the man asked her and stepped forward.

“Back off.” Seulgi warned them and the men just laughed at her.

“Aw, that’s so cute babydoll, come on, let’s have some fun,” he said and took another step forward.

“I’m only going to tell you this once more. Back. Off.” Seulgi warned again.

“Don’t try to act tough babydoll, let’s just play a little game,” the man said and stuck out his hand, trying to grab her wrist but Seulgi’s reflexes were quicker and she grabbed his arm and flipped him on the ground and he landed on his back with a loud thud. The man groaned in pain and the other four men tried to catch Seulgi but she managed to kick two men in the head which made them faint and the third man ran away in fear.

There was only one man left and Seulgi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter