Chapter 2: Day 1

Trust Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seulgi opened her eyes slowly as she felt something heavy on her head. She looked up and widened her eyes, Taeyong was resting his head on hers. “, I can’t just move away or else he’ll wake up” she thought.

Her eyes wandered around the seats and she saw a pillow beside him on the other side. She reached out for it and slowly put it on Taeyong’s shoulder and as she moved away from him his head plunged on the pillow and she froze. She waited for a few seconds to see if he had woken up or not, but he didn’t. She let out a sigh of relief as she leaned back on her seat. She looked at her watch, 01:54, “Nine more hours to go” she thought.

She looked around the plane and the lights were turned off since everyone were sleeping. She unbuckled her seatbelt and went to the toilet, she really had to talk to someone right now. She took out her earpiece and called the girls.

“Seul?” she heard a sleepy Joohyun say.

“Hey Joo,” she said as she fixed her makeup.

“Why are you calling this late?”

“I just woke up and realised that there’s nine more hours until we land at Paris, and I had to talk to someone.”

“Aren’t you with Taeyong?”

“Yeah but he’s asleep,”

“He’s not suspecting anything, right?”

“No, don’t worry.”

“Good, if the top spy isn’t suspecting anything, the other’s won’t either.”

“And you’re a hundred percent sure the others aren’t suspecting anything, right?”

“Yes, it’s just us girls and Boa who knows. The others have no clue,”

“I feel like these thirty days are going to be so long, we can just finish everything tomorrow!”

“Seul, I know you’re impatient, but we have to really earn their trust,”

“Yeah yeah,”

“So, if we should change topics, he’s handsome right?”

“Who?”

“Who? Taeyong of course!”

“Oh,”

“What do you mean ‘oh’? I know you think he’s handsome!”

“Why are you acting like we’re going to become a couple after this?”

“I’m not, I’m just asking you if you think he’s handsome, that’s all.”

“Well, he’s good looking.”

“I know right?”

“What are the others doing by the way?”

“They’re all sleeping, we spent the whole day faking the files for Diamond Agency.”

“Italy, right?”

“Yup, as you told us.”

“Okay, well, I’ll call you later when we’ve landed in Paris okay? Go and get your beauty sleep,”

“Hahah okay, good night!”

“Good night, love you”

“Love you too”

Seulgi hung up and took out her earpiece. She looked at herself in the mirror and sighed, she couldn’t mess this up.

 

FLASHBACK:

“Come on Seulgi, don’t you want to become a spy with us?” Seungwan asked.

“I want to, but I don’t think I have the skills, I failed my test last year, remember?” Seulgi told her four best friends as she took a bite from her pasta dish.

“But that was a year ago! I’ve seen you now, you’re quick, clever, has straight A’s in every acting class, your stamina is great and you’re flexibility… Well you’re flexibility isn’t great but it’s better than last year!” Joohyun assured her.

“And aren’t you tired of working at McDonald’s? The only thing you do there is frying fries and give balloons to little kids. Also, ever since we became spies we don’t hang out with you that often anymore,” Yerim said.

“And we can recommend you to our bosses so that you get bonus points on your application!” Sooyoung said.

Seulgi sighed and looked at her best friends, she missed them. They only hung out once in a month at this time.

“I’ll think about it,” she said and gave them a reassured smile.

“Think fast,” Yerim said and sipped on her drink.

“Yes ma’am,” Seulgi said jokingly, “Just let me go to the bathroom first,”

She stood up and made her way to the bathroom.

“Do you think she’ll do the test again?” Sooyoung asked.

“I don’t know, she cried for days last year when she found out she hadn’t gotten accepted.” Joohyun commented.

“Yeah but ever since then she’s been working on her stamina, flexibility and she’s been taking both acting and weapon classes. She even got a motorcycle license.” Seungwan said.

“Well that means she’s going to apply again. Or else she wouldn’t have wasted that much money on those things.” Yerim said.

They ate their food as they waited for Seulgi to come back.

“Girls!” They heard Seulgi shout and looked at her running back at them.

“What is it?!” Joohyun said.

“You know when you told me that only the guys are assigned for the top missions and that they’re never given to you, right?” Seulgi asked them.

“Yes?” The girls asked in unison.

“Well, I think I know how to change that,” Seulgi smirked while the others were dumbfounded.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Seulgi looked at her watch once again, 02:32, “I need to go back.”

She went out from the bathroom and walked back to her seat and saw Taeyong still sleeping on the pillow. She sat down on her seat and closed her eyes, falling asleep just seconds later.

------------------------------

“Seulgi? Seulgi? Seuuuulgiiii? Kang Seulgi!”

Seulgi opened up her eyes and saw Taeyong looking at her.

“What?” she said and rubbed her eyes.

“The plane is landing in thirty minutes and you should put your seatbelt on,” he said.

“Aren’t we getting any breakfast?” she asked and put her seatbelt on.

“Well they served it an hour ago but you were asleep and I didn’t want to wake you up,”

“Oh,”

“Did you sleep well?”

“Uhm, yeah, you?”

“Mmhm”

“So, should we go through the plan?”

“Not here, we’ll do it at the hotel,”

“Okay,”

“Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We’re now going to land in Paris, France. The time is currently 11am KST, 3am in CET. Make sure to put your seatbelts on, turn off all of the electronics, make sure the seats are in the upright position, and open the window shades please. Thank you for flying with us, we hope you had a great time, thank you.”

“Well I was sleeping the whole time but thank you anyway,” Seulgi mumbled and earned a chuckle from Taeyong.

-----------------------------

Seulgi and Taeyong walked out of the airport and looked around the parking lot.

“There it is!” Seulgi said and pointed at a red Tesla and walked towards it. She took out the car keys and opened it.

“I’m driving this time,” she said and got in the driver’s seat and started the car while Taeyong put the luggage in the trunk and got in the passenger seat.

“I thought we were taking a taxi to the hotel,” Taeyong said as Seulgi drove away from the airport to the hotel.

“I thought so too but Boa informed me that they fixed a car, so here we are.”

“How long is it going to take?”

“About thirty minutes. Maybe ten since I’m driving” she said and smirked at him.

“Just make sure not to crash into anything,” he said and closed his eyes

“Don’t worry, it has only happened like three time,”

“Three!?” Taeyong said loudly and opened his eyes.

“Calm down! No one died from it!”

“Well I’m probably going to be the first one then!”

“Calm down!”

“Here, pull over here and let me drive!”

“No!”

“Do you want us to die?!”

“Can you just shut up and calm down!? You’re going to give me tinnitus!”

“Just pull over right here and let m-!”

*Making my way downtown, walking fas-*

“What now?!” Taeyong shouted and took out his phone while Seulgi just laughed.

“What is it Yukhei?” Taeyong said and put his phone on speaker.

“Hey man! How was the flight?”

“Get to the point! I don’t have time! I’m about to die soon if you don’t hurry up!”

“Grumpy I see…. Boa told me to inform you guys about Jackson Wang. They’re only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter