Chapter 19: Day 19 & 20

Trust Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

FLASHBACK:

“To my boyfriend’s house. You know, the guy you fought with yesterday?” Seulgi shouted without looking back and continued walking.

“What are you up to, Kang Seulgi?”

Seulgi stopped in her tracks and turned around, facing the masked man who was sitting down on the bench, looking over the river.

“What are you doing here?” she asked him and he stood up, walking towards her.

“What are you up to?” he asked her once again and she rolled her eyes.

“I’m up to a lot recently, so if you would just be direct with me I can save some time to do those things,” she stated and he tucked his hands in his pockets and looked at the river again.

“Jimin asked me to look through the files beforehand, and to my surprise, none of his men were listed in any of the files. And it’s impossible for everyone to be in the same agency’s prison. So tell me, what are you up to?”

He looked back at her and she crossed her arms, “why haven’t you told Jimin about this?” she asked.

“Because I respect you more than Jimin, and I hope that you respect me just as much to tell me what’s going on.”

END OF FLASHBACK.

“Are you ready?”

Seulgi nodded as she put on her earpiece. “As long as you tell me what to do,” she told him and got out of the van, marching towards the metal fence.

She bent down and took out her nail polish, “why aren’t you just climbing up the fence? no one can see you.” She heard Jungkook say from her earpiece and started coating the lower part of the fence with the nail polish.

“Nah, I got some stuff from SM,” she said as the metal got rusted and fell off.

“Whatever thing you just used, I need that.”

Seulgi crawled under the fence and rushed behind a few bushes, walking carefully towards the entrance where two guards were standing.

“I’ve frozen the screens to the security cameras so just do your thing.”

Seulgi walked closer to them behind the bushes and as she were about two meters away from them she shot two darts at their necks, making them paralyzed in an instant.

She jumped over the bushes and saw the guards’ eyes avert to her, “I think it’s time for better security,” she briefly said as she patted one of the guards on their back and grabbed their keychain.

She walked up the stairs to the entrance and opened the door, only to reveal the lobby full of red lasers.

“Can’t you turn the lasers off?” she whispered and looked around, trying to find the easiest path to get through.

“They upgraded their system recently, I can only help you see them, but I can’t turn them off.”

Seulgi rolled her eyes and noticed the pilar next to her. She looked up and saw that no laser reached the roof. A sigh escaped as she put on her gecko gloves and raised her hands, sticking them on the pilar.

“It’s all or nothing,” she mumbled to herself and began climbing the pilar slowly, but steadily.

“Damn, that’s some ninja skills right there.” She heard Jungkook comment as she reached the roof and climbed with her back turned to the floor.

“Didn’t you just say that you froze the security cameras?” she asked him and used all her power to keep the legs up.

“Yes, but I can still see the current footage.”

“What’s next?” she then asked as she reached another pilar on the other side of the laser web and began climbing down.

“Head towards the door to the left and you’ll get straight to all the cells. There is one guard patrolling around there so I couldn’t freeze the screen, but I did screenrecord the film for about a minute when he was patrolling so I’ll just replay it. You have about three minutes until they notice it and set off the alarm.”

Seulgi jumped down on the floor and took off her gloves, she looked at her watch and the timer. She headed straight to the door to the left and took out the keys that she borrowed from the guard. She flipped through a few keys until she found the one that matched the keyhole and proceeded to open the door carefully and slowly.

“Jennie is in the thirteenth cell to the right by the way.”

“Guardia!!!”

“I guess some prisoners can’t shut up…”

Seulgi widened her eyes at the prisoner that pointed at her and turned to the guard that was now running at her with a high speed.

“This is going to hurt..” she muttered and quickly jumped over the guard, making him crash into the wall behind her and fall backwards with a loud thud.

Seulgi looked at her watch, 1:47 minutes left. She quickly ran to Jennie’s cell and flipped through the keys.

“You’re early,” she commented as Seulgi found the right key and opened her cell.

“Change of plans,” Seulgi stated briefly and they both headed out from the corridor, ignoring all the prisoners that were begging them to free them as well.

42 seconds left.

“We don’t have enough time, let’s just run through it!” Seulgi ordered as they got to the lobby and saw the laser web.

In an instant, they both ran through the laser web, causing the alarm to set off. They quickly got to the entrance door and went out and Seulgi threw the keys to the paralyzed security guard.

“Thanks for letting me borrow them!” she shouted as they ran towards the fence.

“Quick! Crawl under!” she told Jennie who quickly obeyed.

Seulgi looked behind her and saw the cops running out of the building and strong lights were shining from the lighthouse.

“Seulgi! Come on!”

Seulgi looked back and saw Jennie on the other side of the fence. She quickly crawled under it and they both ran to the van where Jungkook motioned for them to hurry up. As they got into the van Jungkook quickly stepped on the pedal and drove away.

“They are sending out a helicopter!” Seulgi told him as she looked out through the window, also seeing the policemen that got into their cars. “Make sure to take the get to the tunnels and change the color of the van to red!”

------------------------------------------

“So, what have I missed?” Jennie smiled as they were out of sight from the police.

“A lot.” Seulgi stated and rubbed her eyes.

“We’re leaving Jackson in jail. Oh, and Sana’s dead.” Jungkook said and both Seulgi and Jennie turned to him with widened eyes. “What?!”

“She’s dead!?” they both exclaimed and Jungkook turned to Seulgi with his eyebrows furrowed.

“You didn’t know?” he asked her and she gaped at him.

“No!” she hissed.

“How did she die?” Jennie asked and Jungkook tightened his lips and focused on the road.

“Well..” he trailed off and scratched his nape.

“Honestly I’m glad she’s dead, that girl hired a man to kill me.” Seulgi sighed and leaned back on her seat.

“Is that why you have that big cut on your collarbone?” Jennie asked her and she nodded.

“Yeah, but there won’t be any scars. I used that cream you gave me before, it’s amazing by the way!”

“I know right! I have a few boxes full of those at my house, I can give you one if y-”

“I killed Sana.”

“What?!” both Seulgi and Jennie exclaimed once again and Jungkook winced at their loud voices.

“She just wouldn’t shut up and Jimin just wouldn’t shoot her so I did it!” he defended himself and Jennie shook her head.

“I mean, I didn’t like her but I didn’t expect that you would kill her!” she shouted.

“Why are you so mad? You’re basically a hitman! You kill people all the time!” he argued and she groaned.

“I’m assigned to kill people! You’re assigned to hack into systems!” she argued back.

“But that doesn’t make any sense!”

“I know but still!”

“Okay you guys calm down!” Seulgi shouted and it immediately got quiet in the van.

“We can talk about this later, but now we have to focus on the mission!” she explained and Jungkook parked the van. Seulgi looked outside and prepared herself.

“Why did we stop?” Jennie asked and Seulgi turned to her.

“Get back to Seoul and find a guy named Lee Jooheon. He has all kinds o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter