Chapter 4: Day 4

Trust Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*Buzz* *Buzz*

Joohyun groaned as the buzzing sound wouldn’t stop, she swear she heard it for at least ten minutes. “Why am I so popular today?” she mumbled to herself and reached out for her phone and unlocked her home screen but furrowed her eyebrows. “No one called me,” she mumbled and checked the time, 06:54. She put the phone away and turned to sleep again until she heard the buzzing sound again.

“If it’s not my phone then where the hell does the sound come from?” she said irritated and got up. She looked through the room and her lips formed an O, “Right, Seulgi stayed for the night,” she mumbled and went to get Seulgi’s phone that was on the desk. She looked at the caller ID and widened her eyes until the call was canceled.

“Hey! Seulgi! Wake up!” she said and went to shrug Seulgi so that she would wake up.

“What is it?” a very sleepy Seulgi said.

“Uhm, you may or may not have like, nineteen missed calls from Jimin,” Joohyun said and Seulgi quickly got up and snatched her phone that was in Joohyun’s hand.

“Who the hell calls someone nineteen times at 7am?” she said and let out a heavy sigh and the phone buzzed again and she picked it up.

“You do realise that it’s 7am right?” she said annoyingly and put the phone on speaker mode.

“It’s 7am? My bad darling, I’m still in Paris and the time here is 11pm. I didn’t think about the timezones,”

“It’s alright, did you want something?”

“I just wanted to tell you that I’m about to board my plane back to Seoul soon, and I wanted to meet and talk with you tomorrow,”

“Is it anything important?”

“No, I just wanted to see you,”

Joohyun rolled her eyes and did the puking sign while Seulgi just rolled her eyes at her friend and mouthed ‘Stop it’.

“Okay, same place, same time?”

“Absolutely, go back to your sleep now, I’ll see you tomorrow,”

“Okay, have a nice trip home, bye,”

“Does that really sound like a Willy Wonka to you?” Joohyun said playfully when Seulgi hung up the call.

“Okay okay, he’s not like Willy Wonka, I already heard your arguments while watching the movie last night.” Seulgi said and smiled.

“It sounds like he has a crush on you though, I think he trusts you a lot with his plans,” Joohyun said and suddenly became serious.

“Well, that’s unfortunate for him then,” Seulgi said and stood up to stretch.

“But he is kind of cute though,” Joohyun said and began to make her bed.

“Yeah, if it weren’t for his Willy Wonka personality,” Seulgi teased.

“Hey!” Joohyun said offended and threw a pillow at Seulgi. “Just go and wash up and get ready. How about we go and eat breakfast at the new café that opened nearby?”

“Sounds good to me,” Seulgi said and went to the bathroom to freshen up.

------------------------------------

“Can I please get one chocolate muffin, one butter croissant, two acai bowls with peanut butter, and two freshly pressed orange juices?” Joohyun said to the cashier while Seulgi went to pick a seating by the window. She took off her jacket and sat down while Joohyun came with their food.

“Oh my gosh, it looks so good!” Seulgi said and took her acai bowl and started eating.

“So, do you know when you’ll go to Italy yet?” Joohyun asked and took a bite from the chocolate muffin.

“I’m guessing in two days, I’ll tell Jimin tomorrow that the ‘crew’ I hired in Italy will hand me the files by then and that I will give them to him the day after and that we’ll have to capture Jennie or someone else.” Seulgi explained and took another bite from her acai bowl, “This is really good,” she commented.

“This mission is really going well, we just have three people left to catch which will be really easy, and then we can all take down Jimin together. I’m sorry if this offends you but it’s good that you weren’t accepted the first time you applied to the company, or else we wouldn’t be able to do this mission,”

“I know, I think it’s good too that I didn’t get accepted right away, my skills weren’t that great and it would be harder for us to come up with a plan to get us the top missions, so don’t feel sorry,” Seulgi smiled and Joohyun gave her a smile back which soon turned into a confused expression.

“Is that Yoonoh?” she said while looking behind Seulgi and Seulgi turned around and saw him ordering some food.

“Yeah, it is, should we call him over?” Seulgi asked.

“Hey! Yoonoh!” Joohyun shouted and Yoonoh turned around and saw Joohyun waving at him.

“Hey Joo, and, you’re Seulgi am I right?” Yoonoh said and stuck out his hand.

“Yeah, it’s nice to meet you, Yoonoh,” Seulgi said and shook his hand.

“Wow, you’re even prettier in real life,” he complimented her and earned a slap on the arm from Joohyun. “Ouch! What was that for? I was just giving her a compliment! Doesn’t mean I’m flirting with her or anything,” he said and rubbed his arm.

“Not flirting? Wow, you’re even prettier in real life, Seulgi, marry me,” Joohyun mimicked while taking Seulgi’s hand.

“Don’t exaggerate!” he said and sat down beside her and took a sip from her orange juice.

“Hey!” Joohyun exclaimed and slapped his arm once again and snatched her orange juice from his hand.

“I see that you two are really close,” Seulgi said while giggling.

“We are, but she’s closer to Youngho,” Yoonoh said and earned, yet again, another slap on the arm from Joohyun. “Ouch! Since when did you get so strong?”

“What are you doing here anyway? You don’t even live in this neighborhood,” Joohyun said.

“Well, Taeyong got sick last night and apparently I have to be the one who takes care of him, I’m just here to buy him some breakfast, but I’m a little stressed since I have to be at the office in fifteen minutes,” Yoonoh explained.

“Oh yeah, Taeyong does live in the same neighborhood as Joo,” Seulgi thought.

“Why don’t you let Seulgi deliver the food to him? She’s free for the whole day and you won’t have to stress to get to work,”

“What?” Seulgi said after hearing Joohyun’s words. “Uhm, I mean, of course, there’s no need for you to stress,” Seulgi told Yoonoh and took her last bite of the butter croissant.

“Really? Is that okay for you?” Yoonoh asked her.

“Of course, I have to talk to Taeyong anyway,” she reassured.

“The order for Yoonoh is ready!” They heard the cashier say and Yoonoh turned back to Seulgi.

“Okay, thanks Seulgi, I’m sure we’re going to get along very well,” he said and went up to the cashier and took the bag with food and put it on the table. “I’ll see you girls later then!” he said and went out of the café.

“What was that for?” Seulgi said.

“What do you mean?” Joohyun said and pretended to act confused.

“You did that on purpose right?”

“Well, I’m just making sure you two get along well, this ‘give food’ thing will boost that, and his trust for you will increase… I think.”

“Really? There’s nothing more behind that?”

“Seulgi, don’t you trust me?” Joohyun said and acted offended and Seulgi rolled her eyes. “What are you waiting for?” Joohyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter