Chapter 3: Day 2 & 3

Trust Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seulgi woke up to the sun shining on her from the window. She slowly turned to the bedside table and looked at her watch. 07:23. She groaned and looked around, and to her surprise, Taeyong wasn’t there. She went out of bed and was about to open the door to the terrace when she saw a paper hanging on the door handle. She furrowed her eyebrows and read it.

I went out for a walk. Meet me at the hotel lobby at 08:00. We need to discuss about this mission.

~TY~

She sighed and thought about last night. Taeyong was furious when they got back to the hotel. He kept on rambling “I was this close” and “I’m so dumb”. Seulgi had tried to calm him down a couple of times but he just glared at her for a second and kept on rambling again.

She placed the letter on the bedside table and went to take a quick shower and got dressed up. As she was putting on some mascara her phone buzzed. She went to look at it and saw a message from Jimin.

“Make sure to keep an eye on that Taeyong guy next time, he’s fast and he could’ve almost caught me yesterday if Jungkook didn’t come and pick me up.”

Seulgi replied with “Of course” and as soon as she hit send she finished her last touches on her make up and took her purse and went out to the elevators. She pressed the button and waited patiently. She felt her phone buzz again and saw another text message from Jimin.

“I hope that you already have the files for Diamond Agency as well my dear”

Seulgi sighed as she stepped into the elevator and pressed the lobby button, she replied back with another “Of course” and waited for the elevator to reach the first floor. When the elevator opened she was surprised to see Taeyong in front of her, “Weren’t we supposed to meet at the lobby?” she asked confused.

“Let’s go up to the room instead, it’s safer to talk about the mission there,” he said and stepped into the elevator and pressed on the button to the 7th floor.

“How was the walk?” Seulgi asked him, “He seems to be in a better mood today,” she thought, but he only shrugged and looked away. “Okay, I guess not.”

When they got to their suite Taeyong sat down by the dining table while Seulgi went to the kitchen to look for some food. She hadn’t eaten any breakfast yet.

“Hey, hot shot! Have you eaten any breakfast?” she asked while taking out some ingredients from the fridge.

“Can’t we talk about the mission first?” she heard him shout and scoffed. She the stove and started to scramble some eggs and then fried a few pieces of bacon. She had gone to the grocery store yesterday to buy some staples and she also bought some croissants from the local bakery when she had gotten back from the police station. She took out the croissants and placed them on a plate while the bacon was cooking. Then she proceeded to toast four pieces of bread and started to plate the breakfast for her and Taeyong.

“It smells nice,”

She turned her head towards the kitchen door and saw Taeyong leaning against it. She smiled and cut up some fruits and poured two glasses of orange juice. “Finally in a better mood?”

“Now that I see that you bought croissants, yes,” he said and took one from the plate.

“Can you help me carry these plates to the table on the terrace?” she asked him and he obeyed immediately and they walked out to the terrace.

“Just have to take a picture, and send it to the girls,” she mumbled while snapping a good photo of the breakfast and Taeyong chuckled.

“What is it with you girls and taking photos of food?” he asked and started to eat.

“Honestly, I have no idea,” Seulgi smiled and started to eat her food as well.

“Anyway, the mission,” Taeyong said and Seulgi nodded.

“Boa called me this morning and informed me that Jimin had gotten access to the files,”

“So, he made us think that Jackson was the one who was going to steal the files?” Seulgi said, playing along. She knew the truth anyway.

“So that we could put all of our focus on Jackson Wang while it actually was Jimin himself who would steal them. He’ll probably do the same thing next time, so be prepared.” Taeyong answered.

“Trust me, I’ll be very prepared,” Seulgi said emphasizing “very” since she already is more prepared than everyone else.

“There’s one thing that I don’t get though. Shouldn’t the agency have all the files stored in their own building? How could Jimin have access to the files while being in this hotel?”

“Because he thinks I recruited some people to steal them beforehand, while in reality the girls helped me fake them so that I could give them to him in places where people least expect it.” Seulgi thought while drinking her juice.

“I don’t know,” she replied and sighed.

“I have to ask the guys to help me dig deeper in this mission. It’s really suspicious, that Jimin has a lot of tricks… I was so close to catch him yesterday, so close… I could have catched him and this mission would be over.”

“There he goes again…” Seulgi thought and continued to eat her breakfast.

They continued to eat their breakfast in silence until they both heard a familiar ringtone.

*Making my way downtown, walking fast, fa-*

“Hey Nakamoto,” Taeyong said and put the phone on speaker mode and continued to eat his toast.

“Hey Yong, when’s your plane to Seoul taking off?”

“Uhm, tomorrow morning,”

“Change that, you’re taking the next plane home at 12pm today,”

“What?!” Seulgi exclaimed with full of scrambled eggs which led to some egg pieces falling out from and Taeyong handed her a napkin with a disgusted look. “Can’t you be more elegant?” he whispered to her and she rolled her eyes.

“Oh? Oh hi Seulgi! How are you? Are you having fun in Paris?”

Taeyong rolled his eyes at Yuta’s remark, “Such a playboy,” he thought.

“Oh I’m fine! It’s just sad that we have to leave so soon, I really wanted to explore Paris today,” Seulgi said and pouted.

“You don’t have to pout like that, he can’t see you,” Taeyong told her and she stuck out her tongue at him.

“Yeah, sorry about that, Boa really wanted to talk to you guys about the mission, and since it takes thirteen hours by plane it was the best to change your flight to the one today.”

“It’s okay, I’ll come back here eventually,” Seulgi reassured.

“Can I come with you then?”

“Hahah, of course!”

“I’ll look forward to that then,”

At this point Taeyong was about to throw up at the conversation between his best friend and his colleague, they were being to nice at each other that it was like they put a mask on.

“Okay Nakamoto, was that all?” Taeyong asked, not wanting to here more fluff.

“Hey! Do you really want to get rid of me? Chill, I’m not going to steal Seulgi from you,”

Both Seulgi and Taeyong widened their eyes and Seulgi smiled shyly while Taeyong looked down, embarrassed.

“Okay bye Nakamoto! See you later!” Taeyong said and hung up and ate his toast.

Seulgi cleared which made Taeyong look at her and he saw her smiling teasingly at him.

“What?” he said coldly.

“What was that about?” she asked.

“What?”

“Your conversation with Yuta,”

“What?”

“Oh my, what do you mean ‘what’, you know what I’m talking about,”

“What?”

Seulgi rolled her eyes at his actions but kept her smile on. “Chill, I’m not going to steal Seulgi from you,” she mimicked.

“So?”

“So? Does the mysterious hot shot possibly have a crush on me?” Seulgi said while smiling playfully and wiggling her eyebrows and Taeyong scoffed.

“I’ve only known you for one day,”

“Maybe it was love at first sight?”

“That’s just lame,”

“Whatever you say, hot shot,”

“Just eat your breakfast and be quiet,”

Seulgi giggled and ate her last bite of her toast and put the plates in the dishwasher and went to pack her bags.

“It’s sad that we have to leave so soon, I really wanted to go on some sightseeing,” she said disappointingly.

“What time is it?” Taeyong asked her and she looked at her watch.

“Almost nine,”

“We have to be at the airport by ten, it’ll take about half an hour to get to the airport, so we have half an hour for sightseeing,”

“Really?”

“Yeah, where do you want to go?”

“Eiffel Tower!!”

“Oh my God, you don’t have to scream like that, I’m standing like one meter away from you,”

“Sorry…”

“Let’s go and check out from the hotel and then we’ll just take the car to the Eiffel Tower, and then we’ll drive to the airport, okay?”

“Sounds like a good plan,”

They both finished packing their things and went down to the lobby to check out, “You check out while I go to the car,” Seulgi said to Taeyong and took both luggages.

“No, you’ll handle the check out while I’ll go and get the car,” Taeyong said and took the luggages.

“No, I’ll do it, I can carry these two, and don’t be scared to talk to the receptionist,” Seulgi said and took the luggages and went out to the parking lot.

“But I just wanted to drive the car…” Taeyong mumble

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter