Chapter 16: No Expectations

Notice Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cold wind coming from the open door of the balcony welcomed Chaewon upon entering the room. Yujin must have forgotten about it. The interior of her previous room doesn't differ much from their room, she noticed. She headed straight to the balcony to close the door. She hugged herself to prevent herself from shivering.

She began looking around. The hotel room they have is big, the bed room is separate from the small welcome area/living room of some sort. That's where Chaewon is currently staying at, pondering about what her next step would be. She wonders if she should check on Minju or just stay outside and wait for Yujin to come back (if she will).

She's quite dumb to agree to this plan of Yujin. She has no solid plan herself after getting in here. It's not like she could just barge in  inside the bed room and sleep beside Minju. Sure, they know each other but that's that. As far as she knows they're not even friends. She had enough of the thinking so she decided to just leave. She'd just find some other place to stay the night if Yujin does end up sleeping over at their room.

She gathers her belongings, mainly her phone, wallet, and room key. She stopped midway though when the bed room door suddenly opened. "Yujin? Is that you?" Minju groggily said. Chaewon thinks she looks so adorable with the way she rubs her eyes like a toddler. 

"Uh, no. Yujin exchanged rooms with me but I'm about to go now," Chaewon awkwardly mumbled. Minju's eyes widened after realizing it's someone else who's inside the room with her. She stood there like a mess not sure whether to let Chaewon stay or let her leave.

"Erm, you can stay..." 

It took Minju a while to gather her words but being able to say it is what matters. It's Chaewon's turn to have a surprised look. opened and closed like a fish out of the water, gasping for air. Minju chuckled at her reaction.

"B-but... Isn't it weird?"

"What do you mean weird?"

"You only have one bed..."

Minju chuckles at Chaewon's argument. "It's okay, we're both girls anyway," Minju shrugged. She gestured Chaewon to follow her inside her room. She's fixing the bed when Chaewon finally got inside the room after 3 minutes of standing by the door. 3 minutes of weighing her options.

"Which side do you sleep on?" Minju asks while dividing the pillows. 

"I don't really have a side."

"Is that so? Well mine's the right side so you go take the left." Minju smiles, Chaewon returned it with an awkward one. After dividing the bed, Minju jumped on the bed. Chaewon remained standing at the edge. 

"Why did Yujin exchanged rooms?"

"She wanted to talk to Wonyoung."

"She acts fast," Minju mutters. Chaewon nods in agreement. "They've been playing the game of "hide your feelings" for so long, it's the right decision for Yujin to do something quick," Chaewon adds. She's starting to feel comfortable with Minju. She even finally sat on the bed too.

"Yujin is usually vocal about her feelings but I guess because of me she had to keep it down. She was afraid to hurt me," Minju mumbles. Her voice soft enough for Chaewon to hear her. Chaewon understood Minju though, no explanation needed.

"I'm sorry about Kriesha sunbae-nim..."

"What's there to be sorry about? It's her choice to leave. It's my choice to move on but I was dumb enough to bring others with me while I submerged myself in agony and pain."

"You were hurt," Chaewon argued.

"I hurt other people too. Yujin, Wonyoung, and you."

Minju looked at Chaewon's eyes but the latter avoided eye contact. Chaewon cleared . "Maybe I shouldn't be here," Chaewon says. She stands up but Minju quickly pulls her down.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter