CHAPTER 3

Calm Snow

 

  • Oh … it is beautiful … may I know why you want to be called like that ? asked Umji as her eyes were full of curiosity. 

 

Again, SinB couldn’t tell her the truth so she decided to come up with another lie. 

 

  • Oh because of the landscape and the fact that it looked peaceful. 


Umji displayed some reaction for the first time. Indeed, she looked surprised. 

 

  • Oh you’re so poetic … I would have never thought that. 

 

  • Wait, do you mean that you would have never thought that I could be poetic or that you would have never thought of a poetic nickname ? 

 

  • Oh … I don’t know … it is true that I wasn’t thinking about that nickname.

 

  • Which one were you thinking about ? 

 

  • Oh no … it is too embarrassing. 

 

SinB chuckled. 

 

  • Why ? Tell me and I will tell you if it is indeed embarrassing or not. 

 

Umji sighed. Her cheeks reddened a little bit. 

 

  • Ok then. I was thinking about Sleeping Beauty. 


SinB’s eyes widened and she couldn’t help but blush a little in reaction. 

 

  • But wait ! I have a reason … well sleeping is because that’s what you were doing when I first met you. And beauty …. it is … oh well nevermind. explained Umji who was now red like a tomato.

 

SinB was taken aback so Umji resumed: 

 

  • Anyway, I prefer Calm Snow. I think it completely matches with our first encounter. I mean you were lying on the snow and you were sleeping peacefully so … 

 

SinB did listen to what was saying Umji but as she did she analyzed her. She thought that the girl was very innocent. Even if her expression seemed malicious sometimes, her face when she was embarrassed, her shyness, … SinB found her so pure. She thought about how cute Umji was and it was weird because this kind of thought was unusual and new for SinB.  

 

  • Did you listen to me ? asked Umji as she waved her hand in front of SinB’s eyes. The latter woke up from her thoughts. 

 

  • Oh … yes … I did. 

 

  • Good. said Umji while smiling slightly. 

 

Silence. It was all that could be heard in the next minutes. Umji was watching the landscape through the window. As for SinB, her eyes were stuck on Umji. Despite her simple clothes, SinB found Umji beautiful as an angel. SinB was once again asking herself why she was having those weird thoughts about the girl. Still, there was nothing she could do about that. 

 

  • You know … started Umji with her eyes still fixing the view outside the window. If you feel sleepy, you can go back on the couch and sleep there. 

 

  • Oh, thanks but does that mean that I can stay here a little longer ? 

 

  • Yes, I’ve never said that you couldn’t though. I prefer you have a little rest before we search for your family in the village. 

 

SinB started to panic a little inside. 

 

  • What ?? A village ? My family ? 

 

Her reaction triggered Umji to focus on her. She had a worried face. 

 

  • Hey don’t worry … I know that you don’t remember any of this but your family for sure will recognize you. You will finally go home. Umji said with a reassuring smile and there was somehow sadness in her eyes as she did. 

 

SinB had completely forgotten that she should be pretending to have lost her memory. She wanted to cry because even though she knew that Umji didn’t know the truth, the simple fact that she mentioned seeing her parents again made SinB sad. She missed her parents so much. 

 

  • There is a village near here but where is it ? she asked. 

 

  • Yes there is one. It is not too far from here. It is down the hill. But we will wait tomorrow. Now go to sleep I will be in my room if you need any help. Umji replied. 

 

  • Oh … ok thanks. SinB said as she looked lost. Umji could be mature and caring. SinB felt weird because it had been a long time since someone took care of her like that. It reminded her of her princess life back then. 

 

Umji smiled at her before leaving the room.

Like in the dungeon, SinB was alone again. But it wasn’t the same loneliness because this time there was someone who would be there if she needed any help. And that thought made her smile foolishly as she lay on the couch. It wasn’t as confortable as her bed in her castle but for sure it was better that the one she had in the dungeon. 

She closed her eyes as the silence in the room was inviting her to do so. She felt relaxed for the first since a while. She was free. But what now ? Now that she thought about it, she hadn’t a goal. She thought that she was doomed, that she will rot in the dungeon. Now that she was finally free, she felt empty. She had to find a reason to live. Otherwise, staying in that dungeon would have been a better choice.

 

 

A tempting voice … a lullaby …  

 

  • SinB …  

 

A whisper calling her name. She swore it was the most beautiful voice she had ever heard. It was haunting. 

 

  • SinB … 

 

Another one but louder. The voice was so near, it was like it owner was whispering in SinB’s ear. It made her skin shiver. It was tempting but at the same time SinB wanted it to stop. 

 

  • SinB. This time it was really loud, almost as if the voice was in her head. 


SinB wanted to open her eyes. But it was impossible. It is like she was devoted to the voice. She tried to move her arms but it was impossible. Yet, they didn’t seem to be tie to anything. SinB could feel every part of her body but she couldn’t move any of them. It was frustrating all the more since the voice wasn’t stopping from calling her name. She tried to move her head and she managed to do it but what’s for ? She couldn’t see anything. She successfully managed to open her eyes but everything was black: she was clearly blindfolded. 


Suddenly she felt something touch her skin. Someone was caressing her cheeks. The same person’s hands travelled from SinB’s cheeks to her jaw. It caressed it before it held and lifted up her chin. Then,  she felt something wet attack her neck and with that, a weight on her body. She felt a pressure on her most sensitive part and hands covering her ears. All she could hear now was her screams. She didn’t want to react like that. Those moans … SinB wanted to stop them. But she just couldn’t help it. 

 

  • Stop ! she cried out. 

 

But nothing was stopping the knee from continuing to apply the pressure and the friction on her. On the contrary, the movements were more and more fast. With that, her neck was still attacked by what it seemed to be a vampire mouth. Her ears being covered made her hear only her own moans and screams. And as much as she wanted everything to stop, her body was getting because of the sounds. 

 

  • Please, stop … She begged this time, and everything stopped. SinB tried to catch her breath as the hands weren’t covering her ears anymore. 

 

  • See, it isn’t so hard to ask nicely. said the voice. Suddenly the blindfold was removed and SinB could see again. The woman in front of her made her voice tremble as she said her name:

 

  • So … Sowon …  

 

The latter smiled warmly in reaction, before she smirked and then spoke innocently right after: 

 

  • Glad to know that you remember my name. See, I told you we would meet again SinB … So, I bet you’ve missed me, hadn’t you ? 

 

 

-----------

End of chapter 3

I hope you liked this chapter. 

If you have any critics or question, write a comment and I will reply to it. 

Thanks 

xoxo