CHAPTER 9

Calm Snow

Black satin, strong perfume of some unknown and rare flowers, red candles. The room where SinB woke up was just so romantic. The low lighting brought a mysterious and exotic atmosphere. Yet, she was sure she knew these walls as something felt familiar. She looked at herself on the big mirror hanging on the wall and her black hair was back. She also noticed how she was lightly clothed. In fact, she was wearing a dressing gown but nothing below not even underwear. She started to feel uncomfortable and afraid all the more since she felt another presence in the room. She tried to stand up but her wrist and ankles were tied up to the huge couch on which she was laying. She tried to break the rope but it was just too strong. She managed to sit up though. Suddenly, a fire started to light on the fireplace. 

 

  • SinB, a whispering voice called her. 

 

She turned her head towards its owner and her eyes widened. 

 

  • Umji … ?

 

Umji smiled at her. SinB was taken aback. That smile and that stare, SinB had never seen them on Umji’s face. Her eyes were burning with a lustful desire. The flames in her irises made them shine in the dark of the room. SinB was just stunned. 

 

Umji approached her. The more she was coming closer the more SinB was finding it hard to breath … literally. 

 

  • Oh … are you okay ? asked Umji. 

 

SinB shook her head. 

 

  • I … I … can …’t … bre…breath. she managed to answer. 

 

Umji’s eyebrows frowned and worry could be read on them. Yet, something seemed odd. 

Air came back in SinB’s lungs. Umji sat beside her then she put her hand on SinB’s cheek.

 

  • Ouch ! Your hand is burning !

 

However, that reaction didn’t stop Umji from going on and putting her other hand on SinB’s hand. SinB whimpered because of the contact. Despite her actions, Umji had that innocent look on her face. It was really disturbing. However, she eventually removed her hands from SinB’s skin. Yet, SinB couldn’t do anything as she was still tied up. 

 

  • Umji please release me. said SinB while looking at her tied up wrists and ankles. 

 

As SinB didn’t hear any sounds nor movement from Umji, she looked up at the latter: 

 

  • Umji did you hear me ? she asked worried. Umji still had that same look on her face so much that it didn’t look innocent anymore but creepy. 

 

Never would SinB have thought that one day she would be afraid of Umji. Yet, it was exactly what was happening.

 

  • Umji ? she asked again but this time with less confidence. Umji’s stare was intense and deep so much that SinB got lost into it. She swore she saw flames burning in them. 

 

Umji eventually spoke: 

 

  • Why ? I like you like that.

 

SinB was speechless. Umji pushed her and went on top of her. 

 

  • Umji … what are you doing ? she asked totally unsure of what was coming. 

 

  • Kiss me. 

 

That was totally unexpected. SinB couldn’t help but blush though. Still, something was off. Maybe it was the too desperate tone in Umji’s voice that sounded fake because somehow a little too forced ? SinB was frozen, she didn’t know what to do. Even though she wasn’t sure she wanted it, she still didn’t move and let Umji’s lips approached her ones. Howeve,  she never felt Umji’s lips on her own because Umji stopped approaching her when she was just a few centimeters away from SinB’s lips. 

 

  • Kiss me, she asked again. I want you to do it like you want to. 

 

Umji’s request sure surprised SinB but she was reluctant to comply with Umji’s demand. In fact, she was searching for sincerity and it was hard to find any honestly in Umji’s gaze other than lust. It was pure lust mixed with desperation. And SinB was doing her best to understand Umji but it was hard. All of this was pure nonsense. 

However, she soon felt a hand on top of hers. And even though it was hot, it add sincerity to the action - maybe one wouldn’t still be satisfied - but it was more than enough for SinB to give in to Umji’s request. 

She closed her eyes then approached Umji’s lips and kiss her tenderly. It was purposely a very innocent kiss. 

When she reopened her eyes, SinB thought she would see a shy little smile on Umji’s face but it wasn’t the case. On the contrary, Umji seemed shocked and even … disappointed. SinB was suddenly worried. 

 

  • Umji, are you okay ? she asked calmly. 

 

  • You call that a kiss ? asked Umji with a shady tone. It was the first time SinB heard Umji speak like that. 

 

SinB nodded:

 

  • Yes why ? You didn’t like it ? she said while blushing a little. 

 

  • No, it is not that I didn’t like it  … I hated it. I am not a little girl. I want a real kiss. So kiss me properly please ! 

 

SinB laughed. It was a nervous laugh though. She couldn’t believe her ears. 

 

  • You’re joking right ? That was a kiss. I know you’re not a little girl but it has nothing to do with your age. 

 

  • Then, show me that you see me as a woman with a real kiss . 

 

SinB found Umji’s reason ridiculous but she eventually yield in. She kissed her again but for unknown reasons she gave Umji pretty much the same kiss. However this time, it was a little longer. 


That kiss triggered the same reaction that the first one.

 

  • Again, that was not a kiss … 


SinB - who thought that Umji was joking until there - started to feel angry as Umji seemed really serious. 

 

  • Yes, that was a kiss ! 

 

  • No, I have never had a kiss that bad. 

 

These words were cutting SinB’s heart like a knife. She felt hurt and more and more resent. Her feelings for Umji were like diminishing as she was discovering her true color. 

 

  • I gave you my first kiss.

 

  • Oh, so you’re inexperienced that’s maybe why you are so bad at it. Umji joked spitefully. SinB was now feeling really hurt. She was on the verge of crying. 

 

  • What did you pour into that kiss to make it look that bad ? asked Umji. 

 

SinB had enough:

 

  • Love of course ! she said as her eyes were watering a little. 

 

Umji began to laugh. SinB felt mocked. 

 

  • Why are you laughing ? she asked lowly. 

 

Suddenly, someone appeared in the room. Red hair, tall … it was no other than Sowon. 

SinB was now so confused. But Umji was still looking at her with mocking eyes, the humiliation was too strong for SinB so much that she almost ignored Sowon’s appearance. 

Sowon looked surprised. 

 

  • What is happening here ? she asked and her tone and surprised look seemed really sincere. Why are you tied up ? she said as she looked at SinB. 


SinB looked at Sowon and it was weird but she found Sowon less scary than Umji. Maybe it was the genuinely clueless look on Sowon’s face. 

 

  • Can you untied me please ? asked SinB shyly. 


Sowon nodded and was going to untied SinB when Umji pushed her. 

 

  • No let her like that and to answer you SinB … I don’t care about your love. said Umji. 

 

SinB eyes widened as tears started to stream. This mix of confusion and shock was just unbearable. Those words, she couldn’t unheard them in her mind. In fact, they were on repeat in her head. 

 

Wait, Umji called her by her real name whereas SinB had never told her. 

 

  • It is not real ! she screamed and everything went black but before she heard a voice: 

 

« But it will soon »

 

 

--------

Chapter 9 done

Next chapter will be a Sowon POV (to know more about her character). For the WonB shipper, I know that for now SinB and Sowon are only seen "together" in SinB's dream but as the story is long, there will be more moments.  

Gfriend are coming back soon ! By the way, when I saw the teaser photos I thought about the story because the dress and the scene were a little medieval and fantasy like the story's atmosphere. Anyway, I can't wait. 

Thanks 

xoxo