CHAPTER 2

Calm Snow

Suddenly, SinB thought about her kingdom. She couldn’t just give in to her enemy and what’s worse, to it queen. So she regained her composure and tried to disregard the supplications of her body. The skin contact on her tights made her struggle. Then, the hands went up approaching her sensitive skin so SinB closed her eyes and bitted her lips in attempt to prevent a moan. The queen had clearly noticed SinB’s struggle and she took advantage of it. 

 

  • The name is Sowon if you don’t know what to moan.

 

Said the woman very seductively before her bottom lip grabbed SinB’s bottom one still bitten by her upper one. Sowon managed to make SinB open . And so she jumped on the occasion to fully cover her lips with hers. Enough with the teasing but above all because deep down Sowon feared SinB’s rebellious, she decided to finish her off by putting her hand on SinB’s most sensitive part. Sowon smirked as she felt SinB on the verge of yielding. The latter, because of rough kiss and the friction of Sowon’s hand, couldn’t held her moans anymore. Yet, she hadn’t given up. In fact, she gather all her force to push Sowon. It was difficult as the taller had a strong grip thanks to her prominent bones. What’s worse, SinB’s body wasn’t helping either. It was reacted just like Sowon wanted and it was uncontrollable. SinB thought that she just had to stop Sowon’s hand. And as she couldn’t afford to stop it by force, she decided to opt for the cunning way. She responded to Sowon’s kiss which of course thrown the latter into confusion. And as predicted, Sowon broke the kiss and stopped her hand. SinB took the chance to push Sowon into the water wishing that she will drown in it. The water moved as the queen was clearly struggling with her. And just when SinB thought that it was over, her vision became blurry again and not too long after her eyes closed. But before that she managed to hear a voice:

 

« It is not over yet SinB » 

 

 

When SinB opened her eyes, a brown ceiling welcomed her and with that a headache. She grabbed immediately her forehead while groaning. The sound she made got herself noticed by the unknown presence.  

 

  • Oh … you’re awake.

 

Any other voice would have made SinB jumped on her feet. But this one was just so pure, it could only belong to some angel. SinB turned her head towards the owner of the voice. She wasn’t surprised in the sense that the girl’s features were just as foretold by the voice … so pure, innocent. 

A young innocent girl. To the extent that compared to her, Sowon was the devil incarnate. Both were beautiful though, but not in the same way. Even if SinB wasn’t scared of the girl, her eyes still widened. 

 

  • Who are you ? she answered. 

 

  • Hey, no need to panic. I don’t want any harm to you. I am Umji. replied the young girl with a little smile. 

 

SinB turned her head around her now that she could at least do it. The pain was still there but it was lessening. She was in a room. The walls and even the floor was in wood. So she guessed that she was in a chalet. Though she wanted to ask why she was here she was more preoccupied by another question: 

 

  • How did I end up here ? she asked. 

 

  • I found you laid in the forest. I thought you were dead because you were not moving but hopefully when I sensed your pulse I knew you were still breathing.

 

  • How come I was in the forest ? 

 

  • I don’t know … 

 

  • When did you find me ? 

 

  • This morning … when the sun was rising. 

 

SinB was confused, she swore she was in a giant bath with Sowon not too long ago and now she was told that she had been found unconscious in the forest. Was it all a dream ? Suddenly she remembered about the fire and her feet led her towards the window of the room. Snow … calm snow. Her heart felt relieved. But then her eyes caught something in the background. There was a big brown layer … instead of greenery. 

 

Umji joined her. 

 

  • The fire burned a big part of the forest this night. 

 

SinB’s eyes widened. So, it wasn’t just a dream. 

 

  • What was the cause of the fire ? 

 

  • So far nobody knows. answered Umji with a blank expression. SinB frowned her eyebrows. 

 

  • You don’t seem concerned nor stressed, do you ? 

 

  • Yeah because I believe it just some fire camp that turned badly. 

 

Yet, SinB - from all the pieces of memory that she had still on her mind - clearly remembered how powerful the fire was so much that it didn’t seem natural at all. It was as if it was from a black magic or … from the hell itself. Just the thought of it, made SinB skin shivered. 


However the girl in front of her seemed just so convinced that SinB didn’t want to argue. She would have been deemed as an insane person. 

 

  • Now, may I know who you are ? asked Umji nonchalantly. 

 

SinB was trapped. She didn’t want to reveal who she was to a stranger. Even if Umji seemed innocent there was something fishy about her - she looked crafty - and that SinB couldn’t disregard it. So SinB decided to lie: 

 

  • I … I … I don’t know … I can’t remember. she pretended.

Umji raised her eyebrows. 

 

  • Oh really … you don’t remember, not even your name ? 

 

SinB thought about it. Maybe the inhabitant weren’t aware of her name or even her existence. But it was too late she had already pretended she lost her memory. It would be simpler just to go ahead with her lies. 

 

  • No … I don’t … she said with a fake disappointed tone.  

 

And surprisingly SinB had tears in her eyes. It could be funny. But it isn't because SinB wasn’t acting anymore. She was crying genuinely because for her it was better to start things anew. It was better for her to forget everything … even her own name as everything that was linked to her past, to her kingdom, to her parents was only bringing her pain. And she swore she wanted to forget it. How she wished she had really lost her memory. But no she didn’t, everything about the fall of her kingdom, the death of her parents was just so clear in her memory. Clear like calm snow. 

 

  • Oh … don’t cry … it is fine I am sure you will gain your memory. said Umji and for the first time, SinB could feel sincerity. 

 

SinB didn’t want to appear weak so she quickly wipe her tears away. She noticed Umji’s hand holding her own and she felt warm. When she looked up, Umji gave her a compassionate smile but the sadness in her eyes made her look like she knew way more than what she seemed to. 

Now that SinB thought about it, she knew nothing about the girl. She analyzed the wooded room. It was really precarious. The cold atmosphere foreshadowed the loneliness of the girl. Yet, she seemed too young to be already alone. Her simple clothes were bespeaking her situation of having no other choice but to live from day-to-day. Aside from her cunning and malicious expression, Umji seemed fragile and somehow broken. Her lack of emotions made her look like she didn’t have a tender childhood. SinB may have lost everything but at least she still had good memories of her childhood. At least she had had loving parents, worshipping citizens and a rich white with snow castle as a house. At least, life had been given her the chance to once live in a fairy tale. 

 

  • How should I call you ? asked Umji. I am sure you would prefer a nickname like that when you remember your name it won’t be too weird. 

 

SinB was too engulf in her memories to reply for the moment. She was thinking about how the snow was the only thing this kingdom had in common with her own. That’s why she was always contemplating it through the window in the dungeon. Suddenly SinB had an idea. 

 

  • Calm Snow … I want it to be my nickname. 

 

-------------------

End of Chapter 2 

Like Snow contrast with Fire I want this story to have a stark contrast between "dark" parts and "pure and bright" ones.

In other words, some chapters/paragraphs might be very violent while other will be refine and « pure »

But I need to know what you think about it first. So tell me and don't hesitate to give me your opinion about the story overall and what you think it will happen (or what you want to happen). 

Thanks 

xoxo