-8-

A little something // Baekxing

{Yixing POV}

"So Mr.Zhang what do you say? Do we have a deal?" Mr.Byun asked me curiously.

"But Mr.Byun I thought your son's activities were brought to a halt because of his illness? Will he be okay with this?" I asked concerned, no parent on earth would choose their child's career over their health right?

"Oh Baekhyun actually wants to do this, his health is better now, but he wants to finish the album as quick as possible so he can take a break" his father explained.

"Okay then you have a deal, when will I be meeting him?" I asked him.

"Well if you want I can call him in now and the two of you can get to know one another so you could work together easier"

"Okay if he can come that would be nice" Mr.Byun is exactly as I expected him to be, calm and nice and a big family man, his office was filled with photo's of his family, his wedding photo, his eldest sons wedding photo as well as family photos and I take it photos of his grandchildren, he had 3 of them, two boys and one little girl.

Mr.Byun picked his phone up and dialed a number which I tool was Baekhyun's. "Hello Baekie, come to my office your collab partner has arrived," his father said and hung up.

"He will be here soon, he was with Kyungsoo today they were having vocal training" he explained and I nodded. I was nervous to see Baekhyun again so much time has passed would he even still remember me? Would he even want anything to do with me after what happened? I'm not sure.

After a little wait the office door opened revealing Baekhyun, he was paler than the last time I saw him, he was wearing an oversized hoodie, sweatpants and sneakers and his hair was a bit messy.

"Goodness son what happened to you?" His father asked

"I was tired appa so I fell asleep in the vocal room and only woke up when you called me," he said clearly still a bit asleep.

"Ah, I see, well this is Mr.Zhang he will be your collab partner, you two have already met I heard? So it will be a bit less awkward, you two must be hungry so lunch is on me, go and eat to your heart's content in the restaurant at the entrance" his father said and handed Baekhyun his card.

If I remember correctly the restaurant at the entrance is quite expensive, but their food is also high quality.

"Arraso appa, after we got to know one another, I will probably be heading over to eomma for the family dinner, I might be a bit late," Baekhyun said and his father nodded in understanding

We left his fathers office and silently made our way out of the building to the earlier mentioned restaurant. When we were seated a waiter handed us the menus and told us he would be back shortly so we had time to decide what we wanted.

"Uh have you eaten here before," I asked Baekhyun

"Yeah once or twice," he said with a small smile.

"Nice so do you have something to recommend? Because I'm not sure what to get"I said ending with a little laugh.

"Hmm well their Chicken Linguine is really good," he said his smile a bit bigger this time.

"Then I'm going to take that," I said with a nod and closed the menu.

"Okay I'm going to take the Chicken salad," he said with a little nod. He called the waiter over and gave our orders, I took a soda for my drink whilst Baekhyun took some tea.

"So how have you been?" I asked.

"Well aside from being sick for a bit now I'm actually doing great, how about you?" he said happily

"That's good, I have been good, working on projects and so on"

"Yeah i heard from Minseok hyung you are a bit of a workaholic?" he asked.

"A bit I guess? I'm not sure, I just enjoy working you know? Writing songs coming up with Choreography, searching for talent to train and debut" I explained, he looked at me with big eyes and a gentle smile.

"You sound very passionate about your work, that's when the best results are received, just remember to not overwork yourself and take a break to enjoy life with other as well" he said

"I gues you are right, so tell me about yourself?" I said.

"Uh well not much to tell, as you know my father is the CEO of Dream, uh I have an older brother. I debuted at 20 so I have been in the Industry for 6 years" he said and shrugged. I laughed a bit

"I meant who you are as a person stuff you like, things you want in the future" he made a little oh and his eyes softened

"Well, i want to have a family of my own, go on vacations with them help them when they need it, having my parents and brother are great don't get me wrong but i think having a husband and my own children might be better" he said in almost a dream like tone

"Th-that is actually quite sweet, i think you would make a great parent if that counts for anything Baekhyun" i said smiling

"How about you? Have you ever thought about having a family?" He asked me curiously.

"I did many times, but I have a fear that I would focus more on my work than my family and that made me rethink it many times, my parents constantly nag me to settle down and start a family but I still have that fear of what if I'm not a good father or husband" I explained.

"You know Yixing-ssi you will never know if you aren't good at something unless you try it, but remember no one is perfect, your partner knows how you are and they should accept you because you passion for your job is apart of you and that is one of the aspects that makes you a wonderful person" he said to me with a small smile.

"Thanks, I feel better hearing that, also you can call me hyung, I am a year older we are going to work together might as well drop the Ssi's,"I said with a laugh, he smiled happily and nodded

"Arraso Hyung~," he said cutely and I felt my heart beat get a but faster.