-11-

A little something // Baekxing

(A week later)
{BARKHYUN POV}

"Ah I'm nervous," I said looking around the office, I felt a hand squeeze mine and I looked over to the owner, making eye contact with Yixing made me relax more.

"It will go fine," Yixing said smiling.

I was lucky to have him here, if I was to come alone I don't think I would be as calm as I was already. Today we are meeting with a doctor to get my first checkup, being as far in as I am meant we can find out the gender, after much thinking we both agreed to find it out, we were too curious to wait five more months.

The door to the office opened and a young lady came walking in, she was curvy and had long curly brown hair, a pair of glasses resting on the bridge of her nose and a friendly smile decorating her face.

"Hello, how are you doing today?" She asked as she sat in front of us.

"Good, nervous but good," I said and Yixing nodded.

"Hmm I hear that a lot I'm Doctor Yoon nice to meet you both," she said

"I'm Zhang Yixing and this is Byun Baekhyun" Yixing introduced us.

"Which one of you is here to see me," she asked looking from Yixing to me.

"That would be me," I said trying to keep calm.

"Alrighty then, how far along are you Mr.Byun?" She asked taking a pen in hand.

"I should be around 4 months now"

"Oh that means you can find out the gender today, would you like to know?" She asked me. I looked at Yixing and nodded

"Yes we both agreed on knowing the gender"

"Great then you can head to the bed, with your partner here and I will quickly finish writing my notes and meet you there," she said motioning to a bed that stood at the other side of the office next to the sonar machine.

We got up and walked over to the bed, Yixing sat in the chair whilst I laid down on the bed holding Yixing's hand.

She soon came over and asked me to roll up my shirt revealing the bump I have been hiding from the public she smeared the cold gel on my stomach and picked up the scanning thing and started moving it on my stomach.

"Here you see that," she said pointing out on the screen, I looked and so did Yixing.

"That right there is your baby, and you hear that sound?" She asked and we nodded "that is the heartbeat of your baby," she said with a smile.

She moved the thing around a bit more and then stopped "and your baby's gender is~" she sang creating suspense "congratulations it's a little girl" she said with a big smile, I started smiling and so did Yixing. I never believed when they said the first checkup is the most emotional but it really is.

"Now Mr.Byun since you haven't had the vitamins you needed, your baby is a bit small but it is okay since it isn't in a danger class but I will give you some vitamins make sure to take them as prescribed" she said jotting down a few more notes and writing out the prescription for my vitamins.

After that, we thanked her and left going to pick up my vitamins at a close by a pharmacy and then going out to eat and a restaurant close to my apartment.

In the week Yixing has been here, he started staying at my apartment with my friends instead of a hotel, my friends didn't mind since we did have an open room and I thought it might be more comfortable than just staying in a hotel room for most of the time.

Things have been going well this week, when my father found out I told him he was happy and congratulated us, we also recorded the collab song for my album and now everything is just being finalized and then the album will be released.

There is just one problem since I am pregnant, the doctor at the hospital recommend that I don't go on music shows since accidents can happen, he said going to normal talk shows are better and safer as well as interviews, so I won't be going on music shows to promote this album.

We can't use the excuse that I am sick anymore since people had started making assumptions that I caught some sort of dying illness or that we are covering up for me not wanting to do music anymore.

So we came to a decision after a long discussion between Dream and Zhang Records and we decided we will announce my pregnancy but only after we go to China to tell Yixing's parents personally about it, it's better to hear your becoming a grandparent from your child than through the media, so we are actually flying out tomorrow and returning in about four days because that's when our announcement will be made.

I was nervous to meet his parents but they did sound nice over the video calls we did, they think I am Yixing's boyfriend even though we haven't made anything official yet we were is some sort of relationship that's for sure.