Chat: baekkingdom

Authors' Fun Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today we have another talented author with us.  Here comes baekkingdom

1.what is your aff user name?
- Baekkingdom.

2.How many stories have you published so far in aff?
- At present, there are 10 published stories. And um 6 drafts.

3.Do you write on a particular fandom?
- Yes, EXO. (More precisely, BBH-L fandom lol bcz I only write Baekhyun centered stories).

4.Generally what is your source of inspiration or motivation to write?
- Oh that can be anything!
I grew up watching lots of tv dramas, movies. So they always inspire me!
Actually, you never know from where you will get the inspiration. For me, it can be a single scene, or lyrics of any song. Real life aspects also have impact on my inspirations.
As for motivation, I have bunch of good readers, one lovely friend (Zee) who always motivate me for keep going. And, sometimes, I motivate myself lol!

5.Many authors suffer from writers block sometime. How do you think they should deal
With it?
-To me, author's block is mostly our psychological reluctance. Sometimes the insecurity or fear of not being able to write out what I want to write causes this author’s block. So, in case of author’s block, I think authors just need to forget every other thought and start writing a new chapter with the minimal idea/plan they have for the chapter. And then the rest of the chapter would come out naturally.
In case of major author's block, I would suggest to take a break, for a few days. Read other stories, or write something else to divert your attention. Enjoy yourself out from the pressure of fighting with author’s block.
Lastly, you just need to sit somewhere peaceful and think from the very start of the plot until the recent chapters, then relate it with your original plan and try to think how the next execution of plot can be synchronized throughout. Then it would be fine!

6.If you place yourself as a reader. Which element in a story catches the attention of a
Reader?
- I don’t really know. Tbh, I think most of the readers come to read because the lead is their fave?
Another reason can be the plot. (I don’t know more, tbh this question should be asked to my readers haha)

7.How would you deal with negative comments on your story. Do you think criticizing
Comment influences on a writer’s mind in a better way?
-First of all, let’s face the fact that there’s not much people who actually provide criticizing comments.
Aff is a fun platform, so there’s not much professional peeps to give out such comments. At least I haven’t come face to face with a lot!
So, the commenters are mostly just occupied with the story, sharing their thoughts on the story. So the highest we get is some suggestions/demands from the readers. Which I don’t really appreciate in a good way because if I am to heed to their requests, then my own plan regarding the story would be messed.
Then there are negative comments, of course. I don’t think anyone would be motivated by negative comments. It can effect pretty badly as per the author’s insecurity or depression, if there’s any! If you don’t like a story, then don’t render rude words to the writer, you can just simply stop reading it!

8.which genre you like to read and write?
- As for reading, I'm open with any kind of genre. But I'm drawn to good fantasy like a moth, can’t help!
Also romance+angst is a must. I don’t really like reading too much a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter